• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do I still see avatars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raYne

Umm.. because you turned off your avatar?

But if you did by chance select the right option... "still tweaking the board.. blah blah blah".

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Nah, if you go to User CP -> Edit Options and scroll down to Thread Display Options, there's an option to toggle avatars to be displayed or not.

Maybe it's not implemented yet. They're still working on the forum I think. *shrugs*

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
I think it might be something to do with the way user avatars are implemented. I'll stick a pointer to this topic in the mod forum so the resident hackers can have a look...

iapetus said:
I think it might be something to do with the way user avatars are implemented. I'll stick a pointer to this topic in the mod forum so the resident hackers can have a look...
Yeah sometimes for me as well I get that error. I was just testing things out though.

Here's the answer

The way avatars are displayed here is that u host them. This is actually a hack for vb3 (as it was in the old boards)

The turn off avatars option only turns off the avatars hosted by the forum. Which there are none of.

cuccoo

k, hopefully its implemented soon. I dont want to do the hack because I know nothing about hacking/programming.

MrPing1000 said:
Here's the answer

The way avatars are displayed here is that u host them. This is actually a hack for vb3 (as it was in the old boards)

The turn off avatars option only turns off the avatars hosted by the forum. Which there are none of.

awww...I really don't like waiting on my 56k for SSX's ANNOYING HUGE avatars to load. Isn't there a way block certain images in Opera?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
When I was on 56k, I used Opera and had it load pages with graphics off. Whenever someone posted screenshots in a thread, I would right click on the red-x and click on 'load images'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom