• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why does Netflix charge tax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKluck

Banned
Since when is there sales tax on SERVICES?

I got charged 21.15 when their price was 19.99 and 23.31 when they just changed the price to 21.99

Q: Why does Netflix charge sales tax?
I'm supposed to be charged $21.99 a month but my charge is slightly more than that. Why?
A: Your monthly charge is slightly more than $21.99 a month because of the addition of sales and/or use tax. State officials have determined that the Netflix Service is subject to sales tax in nearly every state, because we have physical property (the DVDs) in every state.

What kind of bullshit is that? I DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING.

xsarien

daedsiluap
SKluck said:
Since when is there sales tax on SERVICES?

I got charged 21.15 when their price was 19.99 and 23.31 when they just changed the price to 21.99

What kind of bullshit is that?

Tax law, unfortunately.

Matlock

Banned
Why is six or seven cents on the dollar so much of a problem for people who already live in places with sales tax? Jesus.

Other than people in places that do not have sales tax, you should not be bitching ABOUT sales tax.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Matlock said:
Why is six or seven cents on the dollar so much of a problem for people who already live in places with sales tax? Jesus.

Other than people in places that do not have sales tax, you should not be bitching ABOUT sales tax.

You can bitch as much as you want when you are getting charged sales tax when there are no sales involved :p

Matlock

Banned
goodcow said:
First of all, it's nearly nine cents in New York, and sales tax is just a horrible concept in general.

Yeah dude, I think we should cut out home states out of millions of dollars just because we can't scratch together an extra dime for a cup of java.

Archaix said:
You can bitch as much as you want when you are getting charged sales tax when there are no sales involved :p

They sold you a service. You bought a service.

Whather it's a tangible good or not, YOU BOUGHT SOMETHING. SALES TAXAROO.

SKluck

Banned
When I rent movies blockbuster does not charge me tax. Dunno what is up with your guys' blockbusters, but mine doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom