• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why should I buy Katamari Damacy?

I swear, the only reason I'm going to buy it (other than it's pretty cheap) is that you guys are telling me to.

Why does this game just look weird to me?

EDIT: Nevermind, I read this from IGN: "Basically you're this little green dude (prince of the Cosmos), and your father is the abusive king-drunk. You have this giant sticky ball (the Katamari), and you run around a variety of environments picking up junk. The more junk you pick up, the bigger your ball gets. The bigger your ball gets, the more junk you can pick up."

I want this game.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
because it's the sort of exuberant, original, visually inventive game that nintendo purportedly makes but never actually does anymore. it's frightening how well the game simply works. and it has a ridiculously great soundtrack. if you don't like it it's because you're cold and dead inside.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Date of Lies said:
AND it's 20 bucks?

Yep

Got mine preordered a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, I bet I'm the only person who has it preordered at my local Software Etc.

I'm sick of trying to sell people on this game. All I can say at this point is that if you aren't intersted in buying this game, for 20 bucks, after everything you've read about it on here and elsewhere, you are a fucking idiot.

Does that count as a reason? Cause really, nobody wants to be a fucking idiot.

MaddenNFL64

Are you going to bring up Nintendo everytime you try to sell Katamari Damacy to people drohne?

I know you need to fill quotas & all, but you is hurting my Nintendo feelings :(.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I love that everybody always questions why they should bother with this game UNTIL they find out exactly what it is. :D

Andy787

Banned
Wario64 said:
Unfortunately, I bet I'm the only person who has it preordered at my local Software Etc.
Gonna be a lot of homosexuals out there come release day. Hide your cocks.

Wonder if Oli has it preordered..

bobbyconover said:
I'm sick of trying to sell people on this game. All I can say at this point is that if you aren't intersted in buying this game, for 20 bucks, after everything you've read about it on here and elsewhere, you are a fucking idiot.

Does that count as a reason? Cause really, nobody wants to be a fucking idiot.

What he said.

Yusaku

drohne said:
because it's the sort of exuberant, original, visually inventive game that nintendo purportedly makes but never actually does anymore.

Animal Crossing would like to have a word with you.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
whatever animal crossing may be, it certainly isn't exuberant. it's pure drudgery. that this drudgery is performed at the behest of adorable stuffed animals doesn't make it any less drudgerous. yes, i know that isn't a real word. but it ought to be.

edit: but i'm not really inclined to argue about nintendo in this thread. in fact i'd probably grant that pikmin and wario ware are to some degree exuberant, original, and visually inventive. but they're not katamari. they're not as good and they're not as fresh. katamari is the sort of game that nintendo fans would like to believe that nintendo makes. that's my point.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ha ha I like how drohne bashes Nintendo for no reason. It's like being addicted to cigarettes, it's bad for you but it feels oh so good.

I'm a Nintendo fan BY TEH WAYZ!

Katamari Damacy is not like cagarettes, in fact you could compare it to that mythical wonder drug that cures cancer and turns you into some sort of super human anti-cancer man. Except instead of curing cancer you're rolling a ball of trash around and chanting along to psychotic Japanese music. Well unless you didn't buy it, then you'd be gobbling some man dong.

I didn't sleep at all last night :(

PA.12713.008.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
For a game that's coming out in about 3-4 weeks, I find it odd that the only store where you can preorder it (online at least) is gamestop.com. I hope this doesn't indicate low interest in the game...anyone thinking the first print run is gonna be small?

Wario64 said:
For a game that's coming out in about 3-4 weeks, I find it odd that the only store where you can preorder it (online at least) is gamestop.com. I hope this doesn't indicate low interest in the game...anyone thinking the first print run is gonna be small?

EB Games finally has it listed. Going to try to preorder it in store when I pick up Pikmin 2 and Phantom Brave this week.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
The Koreans get a motherfucking umbrella with their game, I want a motherfucking umbrella.

EDIT: I WANT AN UMBRELLA AND FOR $20! BRAGHLALALALA

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I could go for a soundtrack bonus. But I'm not complaining, we are getting it for $20 afterall

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
On the one hand its only $20, sounds fun and probably will be in short supply.
On the other, its $20 and there's a shit load of games I know I'm going to enjoy coming out, and I'm poor.
On the third hand, it seems to suffer from "Bizarre Japanese game that I know about and makes me better than you" syndrome. And I wouldn't want to shell out for another Rez.

Wait, I think my one friend imported it, so nevermind, I'll just play it first and go from there.

drohne said:
because it's the sort of exuberant, original, visually inventive game that nintendo purportedly makes but never actually does anymore. it's frightening how well the game simply works. and it has a ridiculously great soundtrack. if you don't like it it's because you're cold and dead inside.
Ahem. Pikmin 2. Let's not get ahead of ourselves because someone releases a very good and original title.

Top Bottom