• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Why Why..................Damn Xbox Just Broke!!

Dylx

1st it ate my Halo 2 disk and gave the disk a couple of scraches

2nd i voided my warranty by opening the xbox and disk drive to get the disk out i dont know if microsot will fix it..

I dont know if microsoft will fix because 1.) I opened it 2.) I modded it with Led's but there is no modchip in or never was

Does microsoft fix xboxs for free??

iyox

You do realize that there is a small pinsize hole under the drive near where the front indents that is the emergency open for the disk drive? Should have stuck a paper clip in there, would have saved you the hassle of voding your warranty.

ManaByte

Gold Member
iyox said:
You do realize that there is a small pinsize hole under the drive near where the front indents that is the emergency open for the disk drive? Should have stuck a paper clip in there, would have saved you the hassle of voding your warranty.

Modding it with the LEDs voided it in the first place.

Dylx

You do realize that there is a small pinsize hole under the drive near where the front indents that is the emergency open for the disk drive? Should have stuck a paper clip in there, would have saved you the hassle of voding your warranty

i did that the drive came open with no disk in the tray so i HAD to open the disk drive

I think i will just buy a new phillips or samsung drive off of Ebay

Dylx

I think my warrenty expired anyway because i bought it at the beggining of 2003 dont warranties only last for 90 days??

iyox

Yeah, 90 days and then you can purchase the warranty for like $30. I am in a similiar position my xbox broke(FRAG). It was beyond the warranty so i cracked it open and took a look around. I was unable to fix it, so i just bought a new mobo and hardrive combo on ebay.

Dylx

well my xbox is already painted and LED'ed

I will buy a new dvd drive off of Ebay and get a bigger hardrive and modchip to go along with it :)

I have a question though if one were to send their xbox in modded (painted and Led) and No modchip.............would microsoft fix it?

like would they fix it and just send it back stock (no led's or painted)?

or they not even bother and just send it back like u sent it pretty and broken?

_Angelus_

Banned
Dead Xboxs make for great poker tables.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune though. That truely sucks.

If your hand is forced and you have to buy one yourself,just buy new. Its not worth taking a risk on a used one. 30 dollars more for a brand new one is nothing when you consider all entertainment value it brings.

I mean these things brand new are already fragile as is,saving a few bucks by going used is in my opinion asking for trouble.

Dylx said:
well my xbox is already painted and LED'ed

I will buy a new dvd drive off of Ebay and get a bigger hardrive and modchip to go along with it :)

I have a question though if one were to send their xbox in modded (painted and Led) and No modchip.............would microsoft fix it?

like would they fix it and just send it back stock (no led's or painted)?

or they not even bother and just send it back like u sent it pretty and broken?

doomed .. plus they'll probably send it back and charge you shipping.

I'm always reading stuff like this...

If this happens to our PS2/Xbox I will take said console to my city's largest video game store at it's peak of business, shout and bawl about how pissed off I am and how **** I think said machine is, and then smash it into a million bits. I could just get it fixed but its the principle...

radioheadrule83 said:
I'm always reading stuff like this...

If this happens to our PS2/Xbox I will take said console to my city's largest video game store at it's peak of business, shout and bawl about how pissed off I am and how **** I think said machine is, and then smash it into a million bits. I could just get it fixed but its the principle...

its a little different here .. He painted and modded it. The tech will probably laugh at it when they open the brown box. that MS sends out

Dave Long

Banned
I'm getting mine repaired for $40 through MS. They're sending me a box to ship it back to them within. It'll take some time, but it's better than buying a new one. They give you a one year warranty with that.

The LEDs you put in screwed you, dude. Why do people do that shit? It's a goddamn videogame player, not a piece of furniture.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
MrPing1000 said:
why is it only nintendo consoles that don't break?

I have a NES that takes a solid hour of blowing into carts to get them to work that begs to differ.

Slightly off topic. I want to trade in my current Xbox for a shiny new crystal one, I'm resigned to losing my saves but I'm wondering if the Xbox Live accounts are tied to each specific Xbox.

Nos_G

Die Squirrel Die said:
Slightly off topic. I want to trade in my current Xbox for a shiny new crystal one, I'm resigned to losing my saves but I'm wondering if the Xbox Live accounts are tied to each specific Xbox.

Nope, you can recover your LIVE account to any xbox, or copy it on a memory card to whore it around some.

Dylx

The LEDs you put in screwed you, dude. Why do people do that shit? It's a goddamn videogame player, not a piece of furniture.

I like how they make the xbox look just check out xbox-scene for pics

and who the hell puts LED's in their furniture............a leather couch with LED's does not look cool :lol

Meier

StoOgE said:
I have a NES that takes a solid hour of blowing into carts to get them to work that begs to differ.

Lol, the fact that a 15 year old system works at all simply proves that guys statement more than doing otherwise.

Top Bottom