• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Karaoke (EU) service ends March 31st.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Lock if old

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073071824155/14866558073071825284

Attention fellow Karaokists,

At the end of March, Wii Karaoke U by JOYSOUND will discontinue its service on Wii U systems in Europe.

After 31st March 2017 - 23:59 BST, the Wii Karaoke U service will become inaccessible in Europe, and any Ticket purchased for the software will become invalid. The Wii Karaoke U Miiverse communities will also be closed at the same time and date.

From 31st March, the 1-hour Ticket, 2-hour Ticket, and 24-hour Ticket will no longer be available to purchase or as redeemable rewards via the My Nintendo service.

From the 1st March, the 30-day Ticket will no longer be available to purchase or validate.

Any purchased Ticket must be validated before the service closes.

Players should ensure that they use any remaining tickets before 31st March - 23:59 BST.

Thank you to all players for your support of Wii Karaoke U.

Tadaima

Noooooo.

This is literally the only reason I was going to hang onto my Wii U.

Hopefully it stays active in Japan for a bit longer.

This sucks for EU Karaoke-ists!

Hopefully they keep the JP version running until there's a Switch replacement with a Smartphone app to queue songs.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's quite surprising since the service was constantly getting updated so it clearly wasn't a forgotten project.

Guess Nintendo just wants to wind Wii U services down.

Another dead icon to place next to iPlayer and Google Maps.

prag16

Banned
Why didn't this ever come to NA? Would have gotten use in my house earlier in the system's lifespan. Too bad.

Top Bottom