• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Duderz

Banned
gjb-sensei said:
How is that surprising? Didn't Iwata say that it would be coming out at the end of the year when it was originally unveiled? Well, since the Wii is launching near the end of the year in Japan...

I just expected it as a sort of post-launch push before the end of the year (sort of how SSBM & Pikmin were released close to launch) is all.

omg rite said:
why the hell wouldnt it be?

make sense, please. it's never been said that we won't get the boxing game. and "including" doesn't always mean "all", JSR.

if they included boxing, it would be T-rated. Nintendo needs it pack-in title to be E-rated or the whole system will be T-rated -- definitely not a good move given the mass-market / family target audience Nintendo is aiming for.

ANY fighting game gets rated T, even Smash Brothers (and that has cartoon Nintendo characters). so to get that E rating for Wii Sports, Nintendo is either going to have sell boxing separately or (more likely) just drop it entirely

FFS, Nintendo couldn't even include realistic hit sounds in the Smash Brothers games; they had to change them from the Japanese version

ziran

cvxfreak said:
Pokemon Battle Revolution will be an online game, and Diamond and Pearl will be fresh in people's minds, still. Plus it's rumored to have an RPG mode in it of some sort (at least that's what I heard months ago). It should be a fairly significant seller.

Don't underestimate Made in Wario, either.
exactly.

with a launch so close to d/p, battle revolution will be a big seller, (and i'm really looking forward to it :) ).

Dracos

The console pokemon battle games were usually released long after the handheld version I believe. This time they will be very close together. Probably will help sales considerably. Plus we all know launchtime buying standards are always lowered.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Waiting the extra week or so in japan is gonna suck :(

upside being it wont clash with my 5 year annaversary.

ant1532

Banned
Greenpanda said:
if they included boxing, it would be T-rated. Nintendo needs it pack-in title to be E-rated or the whole system will be T-rated -- definitely not a good move given the mass-market / family target audience Nintendo is aiming for.

ANY fighting game gets rated T ... so to get that E rating for Wii Sports, Nintendo is either going to have sell boxing separately or (more likely) just drop it entirely

FFS, Nintendo couldn't even include realistic hit sounds in the Smash Brothers games--they had to change them from the Japanese version-- and that has cartoon Nintendo characters fighting.
nice reasoning lol

2:17 a.m. EST [update 14] From Famitsu, Miyamato has just beaten Japanese tennis pro Sugiyama at Wii Sports Tennis. Teen Idol Hayashi is playing a Brain Training game.

WHAT ? What is thsi Brain Training ? Don't say me that.......

Duderz

Banned
Greenpanda said:

ANY fighting game gets rated T ... so to get that E rating for Wii Sports, Nintendo is either going to have sell boxing separately or (more likely) just drop it entirely

FFS, Nintendo couldn't even include realistic hit sounds in the Smash Brothers games--they had to change them from the Japanese version-- and that has cartoon Nintendo characters fighting.

:|

is that seriously your reasoning?

Oh please. It won't have to be rated Teen. Have you seen the graphics for Wii Sports? LOL. Big heads and cartoon-like graphics. I doubt Punch-Out would be rated Teen.

cvxfreak

JJConrad said:
Except the DS is now cheaper in the US than it is in Japan. They priced the DS more in the US because the GBA was more popular in the US. Things have changed and you can't make any comparisons.

16800 Yen = $142
$130 + tax in certain states = ~$140

Matt

EphemeralDream said:
Where did the Prime games come out first? America, Japan, nearly simultaneous? I'm surprised no one has mentioned it not being there.
Both Primes came out in America long before Japan.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Pokemon, Wii Sports, Zelda, Wario ware at launch? Japan am explode.
Also Brain Training Wii? woohoo

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Greenpanda said:

oh shut the fuck up already.

SpiffyG

EphemeralDream said:
Where did the Prime games come out first? America, Japan, nearly simultaneous? I'm surprised no one has mentioned it not being there.
America way before any other territory.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!

isn't 6,800 yen close to 60 bucks? i thoguht Nintendo said they weren't going past 50 and were making a "price roof?"

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Greenpanda said:

So? The Metroid demo that was released with the GC was T

EphemeralDream said:
They've always come out in America first, and then in Japan about 3 or more months later. Its no surprise its not a Japan launch title.

Jiggy

Amir0x said:
well i don't know if it'll be crappy or not but I DO know Pokemon on console has never been a system seller
Yeah, but they always needed exclusive attachments before--the Transfer Pak or the GC/GBA cable. Now it's wireless, so maybe getting the annoyance factor out of the way will help.

On a sidenote, I'll wait until the details of the US launch before I criticize Nintendo. In Japan they can get away with that kind of pricing with such a relative little value for the pack-ins, but if the plan carries over to the US... well, then... hay guys, way to lose and lose hard. :( Which especially sucks since the VC distribution and pricing are stunningly fantastic, and much better than I expected.

VultureDude said:
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!

isn't 6,800 yet close to 60 bucks? i thoguht Nintendo said they weren't going past 50 and were making a "price roof?"

Thats Japan prices, current gen games are that price also.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
VultureDude said:
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!

isn't 6,800 yen close to 60 bucks? i thoguht Nintendo said they weren't going past 50 and were making a "price roof?"

These are regluar current gen prices in japan. Most likely the only sutff youll be seeing at that price are square games.

Matt

VultureDude said:
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!

isn't 6,800 yet close to 60 bucks? i thoguht Nintendo said they weren't going past 50 and were making a "price roof?"
6,800 is not an unusual price for Japan. You don't need to worry, Wii games will be $49.99 in the US.

Amir0x

Banned
god are they gonna reveal ANY good new games at this conference? that'd soften the blow of the price at least. come on kid icarus *throws dice and sobs*

VultureDude said:
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!

Not over $50US in the US. 6800 is normal in Japan.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
2:31 a.m. EST [update 15]: Nothing new, but it seems from a Gemaga picture that the classic controller is much as it was at E3. Hmmm....

wiicontrollerclassic.jpg

Kevtones

.......$60 for wiimote-nunchuck?

:(

GIVE ME NEW GAMES GIVE ME NIGHTS GIVE ME SOMETHING TO GO OH SHIT ABOUT BESIDES IMPENDING SALES BOOM IN JAPAN.

ps day one purchase still

Top Bottom