• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

xabre

Banned
Saoh said:
btw, $150 b3lievers and going to get raped today! :lol

As if it was ever going to be anywhere near that price. That's what shits me about this place, people build up these ridiculous bullshit expectations then bitch and whine for pages on end when it doesn't happen.

The console is nice, the UI is awesome, gaming library is good and the price is decent. Don't like the price...then wait. Don't like the games...then don't buy the machine.

It's all too simple.

Cronos

xabre said:
As if it was ever going to be anywhere near that price. That's what shits me about this place, people build up these ridiculous bullshit expectations then bitch and whine for pages on end when it doesn't happen.

The console is nice, the UI is awesome, gaming library is good and the price is decent. Don't like the price...then wait. Don't like the games...then don't buy the machine.

It's all too simple.

*applauds*

BooJoh

Krowley said:
I was under the impression that all the metroids sold way better over here than over there...
Wasn't that the reason we were given for the large gap between Metroid 3 and 4? I was also under the impression that Metroid performed far better outside Japan.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/console/index.html

Says
12cm discs are dual layered? I thought they were only single?
Also says Opera is an option??
AV is a multiple output terminal (Whatever that means)
Also an optional LAN adaptor (Which we knew, but this confirms it)

Also has the stand and wii dimensions

[Console] Width 44mm height 157mm depth 215.4mm (the projection part is excluded)
[Console stand] Width 55.4mm height 42mm depth 225.6mm (the projection part is excluded)

photo.jpg

xabre said:
That's what shits me about this place, people build up these ridiculous bullshit expectations then bitch and whine for pages on end when it doesn't happen.
^^^^ This always happens, with everything.

Still, this particular thread has been pretty positive in general.

Majmun

€250 is seriously too much. I paid €217 for my launch Cube.

Give me one Wii, two Wiimotes and a game of choice and I'll pay you €250, Nintendo!

I really don't need a homebrew game a.k.a. Wiisports in my bundle.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Opera being optional makes sense, as many parents are not going to want their kids to have access to the net like that (I dunno, probably), but mostly because the Opera icon didn't show up in some of the GUI videos going around.

NSider

xabre said:

It's all too simple.

Touché.

It has excellent value, even with a $250 price tag. People are forgetting that it comes with a pretty good game. The UI is great too. Also we don't know what Nintendo are hiding for the US conference (extra controller? Free VC games? SD card?).

Ford Prefect said:
Opera being optional makes sense, as many parents are not going to want their kids to have access to the net like that (I dunno, probably), but mostly because the Opera icon didn't show up in some of the GUI videos going around.

It says it comes but its an option? Maybe family password protected, and you confirm if you want it activated?

NSider

Also on the hardware page:

Software of Gamecube, controller and peripheral device of memory card and the like available
(However, the modem adapter and the broadband adapter, the game boy player, the AV cable and the AC adapter are excluded)

Won't use the same AV cable as the GC? It was the same since SNES days .. I have like 7 or 8 of them lying around. :(

NSider said:
Also we don't know what Nintendo are hiding for the US conference (extra controller? Free VC games? SD card?).

None of the above?

Still, I'm pretty happy. The best option would've been a $200 basic package, and a $250 premium package with Wii Sports and $10-15 in "Nintenmoney" or whatever to buy virtual console games. But I was going to get Wii Sports anyway, so I'm very content with this.

I'm pretty surprised with the avatars, weather globe and Opera interface...that looks promising. Not that I'm going to use Wii for heavy internet usage, but it will be nice for some casual browsing before/after games.

Also, holy shit @ Fire Emblem coming out so soon. Figured it would be a late 2007 title, but now it looks like we'll get it in the States no later than summer.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
This conference did nothing for me. If anything it made me less interested in the thing. I dont give a **** about the weather on a console or anything like that. I mostly play games by myself so this family focus thing they have going on means nothing to me.

Ill see if the next conference changes with its western content focus.
SolidSnakex said:
Pretty much the reason i HAVE to buy it...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
sp0rsk said:
optional lan adapter? wooo i dont have to rig myself for wireless!

I get wifi free but I have to pay to plug in a wire? Although I have wifi I have a wired switch installed near my consoles/TV.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
The Black Brad Pitt said:
This conference did nothing for me. If anything it made me less interested in the thing. I dont give a **** about the weather on a console or anything like that. I mostly play games by myself so this family focus thing they have going on means nothing to me.
Have you even browsed through this motherf*cking site, yet?

MrDaravon

Holy shit I just spent an hour and read through the entire thread. The flipflopping was hilarious :lol

No one should be suprised about the price; they said no more than $250, so $250 w/a pack-in game is NOT that bad of a deal. Sucks if you didn't want Wii Sports, but realistically fellas, that's NOT a deal breaker.

Zelda at launch. YAY!
Pokemon at launch in Japan = Crazy (US too?)
Interface and that trailer reel looks great.
Prices for VC and the VC controller are great.
Sword of Legendia?!?

The only real disappointment is the $250 tag, but that's largely your guys' fault for hyping the $199, they never said that. Also the price for a replacement wiimote/nunchuck is a little high. Launching 2 days after Sony I think is actually not a bad idea, especially if they're going to have 4 million by year end. Assuming it comes out next year in Europe (sorry chaps), that will probably break down to something like 2.5 million US, 1.5 million Japan. 2 days after the PS3 sells out in 30 seconds, casuals will be like oh look there's this Wii system that's a lot cheaper and more widely available, let's pick that up eh? Also smart financially for Nintendo, after the end of the year they can just drop the pack-in and make it $200.

Bottom line: **** yes bitches, where can I preorder! (Seriously, does anyone think GS/EB are going to start doing preorders the next day or two now?)

Internet channel within year becomes download possible. Same as the game software of the virtual console, purchasing with compensation, it is necessary to receive, but to 2007 6 end of the month, being gratuitous as a promotion in order to promote the connection to Internet, downloading, try to be able to receive.
Only free for the 1st 6 months for the internet channel or somehting else?
page 9 about half way down

ZeoVGM

Banned
SailorDaravon said:
Bottom line: **** yes bitches, where can I preorder! (Seriously, does anyone think GS/EB are going to start doing preorders the next day or two now?)

i know i'll be calling my store first thing it opens

Top Bottom