• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wild Assault - Battlefield with fluff.

Holammer

So I was just made aware of a new upcoming 3rd person furry shooter on Twitter and I looked into it. Turns out Asmongold did some react stuff and played it. No information on the Combat Cat Studio developers, but I'm pretty sure they are Chinese. The twitter account started in May this year.

For some funny context, it's currently the #345'th most wishlisted game on Steam while concord is #760. This without mainstream industry backing or press coverage. By the looks of it, they focused on spreading awareness strictly in furry circles and it just broke containment.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
So Watership Down with weapons?

QxeW4g4.gif

CamHostage

It's more of a Hero Shooter on an open playfield than Battlefield, right? No vehicles, each character class has its own abilities, third-person with special melee skills.

As a game, it seems fine, I guess. Combat, graphics, mechanics all pretty normal-looking, and the furries at least have some personality to their design. They cut gameplay into the trailer at least, whereas some studios would make their intro trailer with just the character highlight scenes and no playable example of them actually using abilities.

Not for me, but it might hit.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Game just feels and looks creepy, lmao. Don't wanna touch that, nope, no.

I like how the Wolf says, "I've got you in my sights", and almost sounds exactly like Soldier 76 in Overwatch, lol.

Holammer

It's more of a Hero Shooter on an open playfield than Battlefield, right? No vehicles, each character class has its own abilities, third-person with special melee skills.

As a game, it seems fine, I guess. Combat, graphics, mechanics all pretty normal-looking, and the furries at least have some personality to their design. They cut gameplay into the trailer at least, whereas some studios would make their intro trailer with just the character highlight scenes and no playable example of them actually using abilities.

Not for me, but it might hit.
I checked a bit of Asmongold's video and the trailer was pretty representative of the full game. It's a mix of cinematic and in-game.
Also just noticed the skunk girl deploys poison gas, well duh... Of course.

Top Bottom