• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will GTA 6 be 60fps on ps5 pro?

Will GTA 6 be 60fps on ps5 pro?

• Yes

Votes: 102 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 91 47.2%

• Total voters

skneogaf

The biggest game of not only this console generation but probably the next also is GTA 6 and my question is could Sony and it's newly announced ps5 pro be the only way to play the game at 60fps?

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
With the same cpu as hobo ps5?

hhn.gif

And if they manage a perf mode by miracle, it's gonna be as stable as your average reeee moderator.

Last edited:

peek

It’ll be 60 fps on Ps5
LOL no. Just no. This is the life cycle of these consoles. Typically in the beginning you get decent performing games... then as the years get on, oh suddenly all the big AAA releases are 30 fps only.

Shame.

MDSLKTR

RDR2 was barebones on PS4 pro and GTAV completely skipped midgen upgrades.
Take2 has a lot to lose by adding a performance mode this gen so unless Sony forks up a lot, pc will be the place to have 60fps in 2027 before the next-gen ports in 2028.

GymWolf

Gold Member
It has the same CPU as the regular PS5....So............................

Probably not
I mean maybe they can go so heavy with reconstruction to get a perf mode, like starting from super low res, but i don't expect the result to be nowhere near dlss quality nor the framerate to be locked 60.

GymWolf

Gold Member
RDR2 was barebones on PS4 pro and GTAV completely skipped midgen upgrades.
Take2 has a lot to lose by adding a performance mode this gen so unless Sony forks up a lot, pc will be the place to have 60fps in 2027 before the next-gen ports in 2028.
Also this, rockstar love double dippers and if many people can play gta6 at 60 fps, they are gonna ignore the pc version.

Sound like a conspiracy, but we fucking know rockstar :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Does Rockstar have the audacity to force the market into buying an additional copy on PC which will support 60 fps?

I know they did that for I-V, but guys, for real, I mean this time is different.

LOL no. Just no. This is the life cycle of these consoles. Typically in the beginning you get decent performing games... then as the years get on, oh suddenly all the big AAA releases are 30 fps only.

Shame.
The CPU is the same , all the npcs and mostly games like GTA if GTA 4 and 5 were an indication are CPU limited

Trunim

I think Rockstar wants a consistent experience throughout all consoles. They're gonna do like RDR2. Higher resolution and some details here and there, but capped frame.

I think Rockstar wants a consistent experience throughout all consoles. They're gonna do like RDR2. Higher resolution and some details here and there, but capped frame.
If you're telling me that PS5 Pro will be incapacitated because of the Series S version i'll have to laugh.

Last gen didn't have a low end console like that one...

Hookshot

Gold Member
Of course not, they are working hard enough on the bog standard PS5 version, they aren't pulling staff way to make different modes for the 5 "Pro" owners. Maybe once the PCX version is out they'll do a graphic patch but that's 2028 so just get the PS6 version.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Fake 60fps since is the same CPU!?

Back in the PS360 days was just like "internal resolution is 520p, upscaled to 720p", so now we going to have some AI shit or whatever to do the same thing

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It has the same CPU as the regular PS5....So............................

Probably not
Then how do you explain fidelity modes they showed locked at 60 on the Pro when they were 30 on the base?

It's not as simple as that binary of a metric. You can offload a lot to the graphics core, especially when games are more GPGPU dependent, which R* relied on for RDR2 last gen.

SweetTooth

Gold Member
If so the price feels high now but compared to the xbox series x 2TB version it doesn't seem so bad at 100 more but if GTA 6 is 60fps then £699 or whatever it is in your money really is peanuts.

You are getting the most powerful console ever created until PS6 drops. If anything, PRO price just highlighted how bad MS priced their Series X 2TB.

If you want the absolute bang for your buck get PS5 digital.

Last edited:
Top Bottom