• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

Nero3000

Does the Xbox Music $10 a month cover like unlimited cloud streaming of music. So if I'm using my phone with no wifi does streaming music use my data plan? If it doesn't then $10 sounds pretty darn steep for just radio streaming..

Yes?

$10 month includes streaming from the cloud of the entire xbox music library via wifi or 3/4G.

You can download local copies to play offline at will on up to 3 PCs and one Phone (unsure on exact number)

You can stream from any web browser by going to xbox.music.com

And of course you have a roaming music collection and playlists.

Nero3000

Thanks.

It's a very bland looking phone. Strangely, I'm also over cyan. I prefer their green and orange and yellow now.

My mother has got the 735 in green - i personally think its very nice in person, and in hand. To me its the true successor to the 800.

hadareud

The Translator
No haven't seen it in person.

But I feel that the old design language is starting to look a bit dated now. I still love my 1020, but I think that the 930 and 830 look a lot better. A lot more modern.

I cannot wait for a 1030 based on the 930.

MCD

No haven't seen it in person.

But I feel that the old design language is starting to look a bit dated now. I still love my 1020, but I think that the 930 and 830 look a lot better. A lot more modern.

I cannot wait for a 1030 based on the 930.

InIdwmy.jpg

Just like Belfiore, right? lol

More importantly:

https://twitter.com/shubhan3009/status/527018733563150336

PgsAPLl.png

played with the new LG G3 Vigor (mini G3), Galaxy Alpha (mini Note 4), and the Note 4. really attractive hardware all around. Samsung really stepped their game up with the aluminum frame. The Vigor is just a shrunken G3 which I consider the beat looking phone of 2014.

Would be nice to get Windows versions of these.

hwalker84

played with the new LG G3 Vigor (mini G3), Galaxy Alpha (mini Note 4), and the Note 4. really attractive hardware all around. Samsung really stepped their game up with the aluminum frame. The Vigor is just a shrunken G3 which I consider the beat looking phone of 2014.

Would be nice to get Windows versions of these.

It would be nice to get anything.

hadareud

The Translator
It's not so much for me, I read it through nexgen and the forum through Tapatalk. But they just released new apps for ios and android and I had a word with him about wp and it's not happening.

Nero3000

It's not so much for me, I read it through nexgen and the forum through Tapatalk. But they just released new apps for ios and android and I had a word with him about wp and it's not happening.

I've had goes at it as a beginner thing, but always sort of gave up at getting the content in, in a useable way. Getting the content directly the same way as the iOS and Android apps is the start and that would involve striking up an agreement.

I'm really not sure what the point of articles like this is anymore. Do they really expect Joe and Terry to read that article and be like "damn, I think he's right. Guys! Stop doing what we had planned for the next five years! From now on, we're going to use Android!". Even if they drop Windows for Android in let's say three years, do the authors really think they were in any way responsible for the change? "Remember that article I wrote year ago? Seems like they listened to me!"

Sorry for the dumb rant, but I hate this blogger stuff.

hadareud

The Translator
Speaking of Xbox music:

Now that the app is almost functional for playback, when are they finally going to sort out the store side of it? It is a bloody mess. Search is less than useless. I have to go to the Windows app, or even the browser app, to search for music, find the exact titles, so I can then go back to the phone app and download my stuff.

Of course you should be able to add stuff to your collection from the windows app, or browser app, but since this seems to sync to the windows phone app once in a blue moon, that's not an option either.

The situation is bloody ridiculous, really. They have a perfectly good service with a huge collection of stuff but it's nearly unusable because they can't be arsed to do the basics right. Before they separated things out things were perfectly acceptable. Growing pains are fine when you release a new app, but it's been a year now. Fucks sake MS.

NeOak

Speaking of Xbox music:

Now that the app is almost functional for playback, when are they finally going to sort out the store side of it? It is a bloody mess. Search is less than useless. I have to go to the Windows app, or even the browser app, to search for music, find the exact titles, so I can then go back to the phone app and download my stuff.

Of course you should be able to add stuff to your collection from the windows app, or browser app, but since this seems to sync to the windows phone app once in a blue moon, that's not an option either.

The situation is bloody ridiculous, really. They have a perfectly good service with a huge collection of stuff but it's nearly unusable because they can't be arsed to do the basics right. Before they separated things out things were perfectly acceptable. Growing pains are fine when you release a new app, but it's been a year now. Fucks sake MS.

Complaints have to be written in French. Oui.

n64coder

I'm really not sure what the point of articles like this is anymore.

Sorry for the dumb rant, but I hate this blogger stuff.

Agreed. Personally, I would rather not see those "Windows Phone is gloom & doom" articles/posts at all. I'm here to get the most out of my phone and learn about new things coming out. The "WP is over" meme is old and tiresome. I would rather see more positive messages among like-minded people.

Agreed. Personally, I would rather not see those "Windows Phone is gloom & doom" articles/posts at all. I'm here to get the most out of my phone and learn about new things coming out. The "WP is over" meme is old and tiresome. I would rather see more positive messages among like-minded people.

I disagree. I think it's nice to hear the other side. I think Microsoft could use a little more nudge. I love Windows Phone and currently switching back to using 1020 from my OnePlus but man if the apps on Windows Phone are just so far behind both Androids and iOS.

Xbox One happen because they don't want to hear the doom & gloom comments from fans and critics because well we are Microsoft and we know better than you and what is good for you. Same thing with Windows 8 and so from the past few years. I understand working in close group with all like mind people tends to make you think what you are doing is the best.

hitgirl

Bah another Xbox music question. Since I have Xbox Music subscription and Office 365 subscription I was wondering if I could use my 1TB of storage for my music collection. Or do I need a physical copy of all my music stored on one computer. Xbox Music not exactly upfront with letting you see directly what albums are in the cloud..

Top Bottom