• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
http://kaze-3.com/#news

Uh oh. I'm scared. ^^;

Legacy Effects is the practical effects company which most recently did this at Comic Con: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVpM3TNTVFY

That is INCREDIBLY cool. I wonder how it was made.

TTGL >>>>> Panty and Stocking >>>>>>>>>> KLK

TTGL had great characters, plot and fights.

Panty and Stocking reminded me of the old cartoon network cartoons like powerpuff girls, Dexter's lab and was quite funny. Of course its very lewd, but that wasn't the main attraction.

Thats what I liked most about it. Felt like those old cartoons but still retained a certain anime charm about it.

Preach it!
If someone links Chocolat or D. City Rock again I'll have a fit.

OSt is amazing. AMAZING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPkoVjqvoIg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g8QkkwBI-U

Fallen Angel, D city Rock etc. Such an awesome mix of trance, techno and vocals.

Too late :p

More evidence.

CorvoSol

Getter Robo 28

Three Dinosaur men just waltz into the Getter labs. Like, what the hell. They aren't even wearing masks. Worst of all is that Ryoma only realizes that they're dinosaurs when he takes the GLOVE off of one.

Let me repeat that they are not wearing masks. Their dinosaur faces are exposed. Their scaly snouts. Their jagged teeth. Their reptilian noses. Their forked tongues.

It wouldn't be hard to stop and say "HEY ISN'T HE A BIT TOO SERPENTINE TO BE A HUMAN BEING?"

SO freaking true .. my first "don't mess with this girl" in manga / anime

giphy.gif

Kansoku

It's amazing how I can agree and disagree with you so much at the same time. P&S is inarguably the worst of the three, but it also reminds me of old school Cartoon Network shoes, which did endear it to me.

Still the worst of the three by a long shot.

This. To me it reminding of old CN shows made it bearable. If wasn't for that, it would be complete shit to me.

cajunator

Banned
I think Iria was the first of that type that I saw. also Tita from Plastic Little and Rio from Burn Up W. By far my favorite one though is Rally Vincent from Gunsmith Cats.

Jex

If they remade City Hunter, Space Cobra, Bebop, and Utena, it'd probably save me a lot of time!

They'd all look appalling today. With the exception of Utena, those shows are all hella impressive in terms of raw animation talent and studios at the top of their game.

Phi Brain (S1) 23-25

The only way to summarize this would be
BOKU NO KAITO, BOKU NO KAITO, BOKU NO KAITO
. That said, if the show ended here, I wouldn't have been... terribly disappointed, even with some of the loose ends. With that said...

Phi Brain (S2) 26-40

(Yes, I was on a Phi Brain binge yesterday). And here we meet the Orpheus Order and a bunch of people Kaito apparently pissed off. I don't necessarily agree, with the information we have now, that
Kaito had anything to do with Freecell's mother dying. I think that's just Freecell placing blame on Kaito as a way to cope with it.
With that said, Freecell... is totally not well. He's kind of like Rook was in the later season 1 episodes.

Also, Cubik needs to win against Melancholy at least once. He's lost twice in a row so far. At least Ana won the second time against Mizerka (I really like Ana episodes. They're so howawaan~).
Oh, and Rook and Bishop making a comeback was the best part of last episode.

Kill la Kill 13

... You know, I think this would've worked better as our year-end break instead of last episode, considering what happens in this.

Gazoinks

Saint☆Young Men:The Movie

This was even better than the OVA. I was rolling at some parts.
A very nice surprise. Iesus is the most moe.

tumblr_mu84xvapYE1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

I will post this gif at every opportunity.

This series was definitely a pleasant surprise for me. I really like how lighthearted it was. It has fun with its characters, but it ultimately comes from a place of respect for both religions, not making fun of them. I'm not even religious, but I still appreciate it.

CorvoSol

This. To me it reminding of old CN shows made it bearable. If wasn't for that, it would be complete shit to me.

Yeah, as far as how I'd arrange them IC > TTGL > KLK > P+S.

KLK doesn't really get full consideration yet because it isn't done, but otherwise yeah.

man I would NOT mind a remake of Bebop. Any Americans know when the Bebop remastered Blu-ray is supposed to arrive here?

I would.

CG everywhere is bad.

Jex

In fact now I am reminded that they did make a modern Cobra and it was basically a sub-flash animation level of production.

JoeFu

Banned
omg I feel like i'm going crazy watching the endless eight. When they aired this back in 09 did they air these back to back to back? If so that's freaking amazing and hilarious.

jman2050

omg I feel like i'm going crazy watching the endless eight. When they aired this back in 09 did they air these back to back to back? If so that's freaking amazing and hilarious.

Yes they did air all of them back to back to back.

Yes it was torturous.

Yes some silly dudes have tried to retroactively paint it as "brilliant" and not one of the worst decisions ever made in the production of a television show.

What time is it in your country right now?

Was like... 12:30-ish AM when I finished that up. 9:30 AM now

They whole show is just one big gay metaphor by Togashi. What do you think Hunter x Hunter stands for?
Gon x Killua

Well there was a lot of that in the manga, so....

I see the penis now. The internet has ruined my perfectly innocent mind.

Do you see the penis here?

Happy birthday Madp!
the little penis monster pet in Compile Heart's new game here (Extremely NSFW) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=740629

is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita, lololololol
If this has Miyukichi playing one of the catbutts it will be GOTY.
Kana Asumi got married.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-sketch-voice-actress-kana-asumi-gets-married

A seiyuu getting married is like a career death mark. A super sharp decline of roles after that. :(
My Yunocchi is all grown up now ;_;

I got burned again.
Im never buying DVDs anymore. Fuck it.

I was more surprised about this being under the Anime Classics label than the news of the Blu-ray finally being released. This was a Kadokawa title after all, so the Blu-ray was bound to happen. Still waiting on those Railgun BDs, but that's a Geneon NBCUniversal title.

cajunator

Banned
I was more surprised about this being under the Anime Classics label than the news of the Blu-ray finally being released. This was a Kadokawa title after all, so the Blu-ray was bound to happen. Still waiting on those Railgun BDs, but that's a Geneon NBCUniversal title.

Im actually holding out on Vividred and Future Diary to see if blurays come out. I settle for DVD cause its the only thing out only to see the bluray come out a year later like "oh well if you insist". Yeah I insist companies. fuck you.

Im actually holding out on Vividred and Future Diary to see if blurays come out. I settle for DVD cause its the only thing out only to see the bluray come out a year later like "oh well if you insist". Yeah I insist companies. fuck you.

I will buy DVDs if I know the series did not have a Blu-ray release in Japan. Out of the 30+ anime titles I own only three were titles that lacked an initial BD release, but I bought the DVDs as the BDs may take years to come out. So far two of the three titles have had BD finally released (Heaven's Lost Property: Forte and MM!), but those Railgun BDs (and Index I suppose) still have yet to be announced as I assume Geneon's renaming to NBCUniversal may have something to do with this. There's also the chance that FUNimation may never get the BD rights to those two series, but I would hope not with them recently licensing Index II, the Index Movie, and hopefully Railgun S.

It's good to see that IS S2 did well enough that a third season sometime is very likely.

12 episodes consisting of shitty filler.

Yay!

I'll update the list

Fall Volume 1 sales

And its nice to see Free still hold the title of best Kyoani show of last year.

cajunator

Banned
I will buy DVDs if I know the series did not have a Blu-ray release in Japan. Out of the 30+ anime titles I own only three were titles that lacked an initial BD release, but I bought the DVDs as the BDs may take years to come out. So far two of the three titles have had BD finally released (Heaven's Lost Property: Forte and MM!), but those Railgun BDs (and Index I suppose) still have yet to be announced as I assume Geneon's renaming to NBCUniversal may have something to do with this. There's also the chance that FUNimation may never get the BD rights to those two series, but I would hope not with them recently licensing Index II, the Index Movie, and hopefully Railgun S.

Im so confused ;_;
I just want a consistent collection of durable blurays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom