• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is now the time to admit I never saw Endless Eight?
There's no point. It's like watching an old sporting event. Unless you are some kind of sabermetrics fantasy football stats nerd or something, there's no reason to go back.

Thanks Nafe! (and everyone else)

So am I too old for anime yet?
Are you one of those fans who have to sit down so that the kids can see over your head?!

Says the man who has no issue watching a 1970's anime.

*glare*
That's good old fashioned shoujo though!

They'd all look appalling today. With the exception of Utena, those shows are all hella impressive in terms of raw animation talent and studios at the top of their game.
Bebop not looked outdated at all, its might be the prettiest TV anime of all time (CG aside) in fact no anime/cartoon outside the one from 60/70s with extremely cheap technique looked "outdated"
Of course, I say this irregardless of how the show looks. It's just easier to watch new shows than it is to watch something old. For me, KLK is creeping into old territory.

Sounds like a firehawk12 comment!
Needs more Shinkai?
He's too young and naive to appreciate cowboy Bebop.
Wafuuuu~~~

cajunator

Banned
That's good old fashioned shoujo though!

Of course, I say this irregardless of how the show looks. It's just easier to watch new shows than it is to watch something old. For me, KLK is creeping into old territory.

Needs more Shinkai?

Wafuuuu~~~

Youre silly. But I understand why some people dont like cowboy Bebop.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Youre silly. But I understand why some people dont like cowboy Bebop.
To be fair, I don't dislike it. I just have no feelings about it either way.

(Admittedly, Space Cobra has a special kind of syfy crazy that I love. But it's like 2 billion episodes long).

cajunator

Banned

(Admittedly, Space Cobra has a special kind of syfy crazy that I love. But it's like 2 billion episodes long).

It was a show that people were much more interested in when it first came out. At the time it was fresh and exciting and the greatest thing. Not so anymore.

cnet128

Banned
Tokyo Ravens 14

Yep, action episode through and through. Lots of people standing around chanting incantations at each other, though I guess the battle did feel suitably epic, and anything that means we get to see Touji go demon can't be a complete loss.

That said, the best part of the episode was still the two-second "preview" at the end.

fertygo

Eh that's surprisingly valid point.

Watching ongoing anime does very easy and actually not need many of time commitment.

You can follow 14 title and everyone gonna scream "Wow, you don't have life!" while in reality you only spend like one hour per day for all of those in a week.. easily manageable.

Meanwhile your backlog that have 20-30+ episode seem very scary in comparison lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It was a show that people were much more interested in when it first came out. At the time it was fresh and exciting and the greatest thing. Not so anymore.
I'm sure it's fine. I think I just prefer these team gathering things to be in the middle of a series via flashbacks or something, because it just makes everything feel like an extended prologue.

Eh that's surprisingly valid point.

Watching ongoing anime does very easy and actually not need many of time commitment.

You can follow 14 title and everyone gonna scream "Wow, you don't have life!" while in reality you only spend like one hour per day for all of those in a week.. easily manageable.

Meanwhile your backlog that have 20-30+ episode seem very scary in comparison lol
Pretty much. Breaking Bad was the last show that I caught up on... four seasons in like a week. Feels bad.

JoeFu

Banned
Everytime Haruhi says "we can never get back the time that we've lost!" I feel even dumber for watching every single episode of the endless eight lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Never watched Endless Eight. What's so troll-y about it?
It is - in essence if not literally - the same episode eight times. Imagine Groundhog's Day spread out across 8 weeks of broadcast television. Fucking genius.

This is how I feel about Haruhi in general.
Naw, once you realize that Nagato is the main character of the show, it suddenly becomes KyoAni's third best anime (next to K-On and Hyouka).

Jex

Have you been riding the hyperbole train? It's 31 episodes! That's only a bit longer than Sword Art Online.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey you shouldn't!

I think I finish all season of Gintama in about 3 week! Now that's what people should feel bad..
Wait, all 200?! lol

Have you been riding the hyperbole train? It's 31 episodes! That's only a bit longer than Sword Art Online.
Well, The Last of Us really is the greatest contribution to humanity since the invention of fire after all.

But really, it needs to be appointment television or it doesn't count!

Syrinx

It is - in essence if not literally - the same episode eight times. Imagine Groundhog's Day spread out across 8 weeks of broadcast television. Fucking genius.

Dayum. That would've had to have been something. I imagine I would be checking several times just to make sure it said "New Episode". And then I'd get confused and scared.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dayum. That would've had to have been something. I imagine I would be checking several times just to make sure it said "New Episode". And then I'd get confused and scared.
The best part was that season 2 was aired in order with season 1 episodes and aired as a single continuous chunk. So you're already confused and waiting for new episodes in the middle of rerun episodes of season 1.

For me, it's still one of my favourite television events that I've had the pleasure to experience. And it's probably something that no one will be able to do again.

Plus the HD season!
Jeez, that's dedication. I don't think I ever watched the rebroadcast. lol

OceanBlue

Lol, if I remember correctly, you could tell that they were different episodes pretty easily. The camera angles would be different, each episode would have its own animation, and etc. The best reactions were at the third episode. If I remember correctly,
Nagato references the number of loops she has experienced near the middle of the episode, and it increments by one every episode. In the first episode, the number of loops is three less than the number of loops the light novel ends at. By the third episode, the loop number was the same as in the light novel and everyone expected it to end. So when it didn't, the reactions were amazing. I was trolled too though lol.

cajunator

Banned
I'm sure it's fine. I think I just prefer these team gathering things to be in the middle of a series via flashbacks or something, because it just makes everything feel like an extended prologue.

Pretty much. Breaking Bad was the last show that I caught up on... four seasons in like a week. Feels bad.

True, but it is all connected in ways throughout the peisodes. Its a looser connection than a straightforward story but trust me, its there.

I am not sure if she drives me mental, or Banri's Ghost Feelings saying one thing and doing utterly the opposite lol.

She makes me squee I know that much. Shes eccentric and loopy but shes such a cutie and a sweetheart too. Koko is love.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 14

This looks to last for another 6 episodes maybe. Time for training!

Gon having bad luck feels like an understatement though.

CorvoSol

Naw, once you realize that Nagato is the main character of the show, it suddenly becomes KyoAni's third best anime (next to K-On and Hyouka).

I only really like KyoAni shows with giant robots.

The movie is great though!

It's considerably better than the show, I suppose, but even then I don't feel like going back to it. The worst part is that, in my head, the characters in Haruhi look really sloppy. That's probably not true, but that's how I remember them, haha.

I enjoyed it when I was a teen, but unlike a lot of other shows, I haven't ever felt a desire to go back to it.

cnet128

Banned
Hamatora 2

Fun little case. Felt kind of like one of the more serious small Sket Dance arcs, except with more death and superpowers. And at the end of the episode we have an introduction to what seems likely to be the overarching villain of the series.

1389315220801wgonb.gif
1389317911827y4rfd.gif

Pokemon XY 12

Wario decides to visit the Pokemon anime universe to earn some extra cash in the whole Vivillon collection business.

Turns out, he's a pretty good trainer after raising a strong Diggersby.

jbug617

Banned

Bombless

So I told to myself : "Self, let's watch Space Battleship Yamato 15 and then we'll go to bed because we're tired". Self agreed.

Big mistake. Sleep gone. Might as well finish it all now.

Syrinx

Nichijou 6

I'm not really sure how Mai-chan became friends with Yukko and Mio to begin with. They're so different in every way. Either way, Yukko should stop challenging her to things, cause she beats the fucking shit out of her every time.

Happy Birthday madp!

Detective Conan 279:
Conan getting really lax with even keeping up appearances. I love how he just busts out a minutes long explanation of a very detailed thought process, and then Takagi is just like 'wait a minute, how are you figuring all this out?'. It only gets worse from here. He also keeps playing things pretty close to the chest with what he shares with Agasa. That's definitely one of Conan's biggest flaws. First part of the case in general was just okay, but Haibara's scenes were all really good. I always like it when we get some melancholic scenes with Haibara connecting something to her own life.

cajunator

Banned
NIS America announces regular sets for Kimi ni Todoke and Natsume Book of Friends
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000006286&ReturnTo=Main

I'm salty right now. There are 5 titles that I bought not that long ago that were DVD only and turns out they have blurays coming out.

Golgo 13
Mayo Chiki
Is This a Zombie S1 (S2 probably also coming)
Hidamari Sketch/ Hidamari Sketch 365

Yeah I know. I was happy to have Hidamari sets on DVD though.

Jex

Nisekoi 1

It's a high school romance. There's a tsundere. There's an osananajimi. SHAFT has no idea how to give this premise and cast of characters its own personality so they have decided simply to huff the already long-depleted fumes of the Monogatari aesthetic. A CG fence with visible jaggies factors heavily into the episode. There is a promise made where all promises are made in anime; between two children in a windswept meadow. That's about it.

I don't know if Chitoge will win, but it's at least assured that Onodera will super lose.
I don't know why I'm defending lazy-ass SHAFT, but I don't think that's entirely accurate. The background art is the usual SHAFT rubbish but in all other areas it doesn't really resemble the flat, sterile and empty world of Monogatari. It doesn't actually really have a distinct aesthetic, it's just looks vaguely generic.

Non Non Biyori - Episode 2

Second half was hilarious! I was wondering how Hotaru was going to break it to Koma-chan about who she was. I guess the way the episode did it was a nice way to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom