• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
iHGbgJ8nAuZ5M.gif

I almost feel like I should ask. Is this moe?

Hamatora Episode 2
tumblr_mzevoiF72L1rhn8j0o2_500.gif
tumblr_mzevoiF72L1rhn8j0o3_500.gif

Liked the premise of the initial story with Theo and bullying and Nice being inspired to help him out just to give him a reason to live, cant believe the bullies got him that far that he want to jump off the building. But somehow it became a mighty fun time as the case developed and what not and the ending became extremely memorable
Theo laughing it up and what not, great laugh for his VA, and just getting through the tears

Birthday could get more involvement but time for Art and Nice to interact was worth it, and Murasaki is a nice partner for Nice. Wonder what the next episode setup is
and will Theo stay, seemed like him in the ED

OP is my favorite visually and musically, "FLAT" by livetune adding Yuuki Ozaki (from Galileo Galilei)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Desler is probably a really good tactician/general but, like Lelouch, is really terrible with the human interaction part of being a leader.
He is the Douche-lord of Douche-lords. Basically Hayden Christensen version of Vader.

I've seen plenty of anime fans squeeing over the leads of Frozen. Saying how moe they are.
I will say, in isolation anyway, I almost want to say Disney does moe better than Japan.

Necrovex

My friend was curious if a Baccono 2 is in development, or if she is being tricked by a cruel soul. Will anyone tell me if she will be filled with happiness or filled with despair and sadness?

Gazoinks

My friend was curious if a Baccono 2 is in development, or if she is being tricked by a cruel soul. Will anyone tell me if she will be filled with happiness or filled with despair and sadness?

As far as I'm aware, despair and sadness. I'm not super in tune with Anime news, but I can't imagine I'd have missed that.

Branduil

Desler is probably a really good tactician/general but, like Lelouch, is really terrible with the human interaction part of being a leader.

I don't know
his tactics in 23 were kind of bad. The crux of his brilliant plan is dropping the new Baleras on the old one as an incredibly inefficient way to destroy the Yamato that will also kill a bunch of your people. And his backup plan is blowing everything up with the Desler cannon.

Nafe

Well, I could go on about Junichi Satou and Takuya Igarashi, but that only works with certain types of anime fans!

That's true. I really only started paying more attention to staff about a couple of years ago when starting to read the AnimeGaf thread.

Around the spring of 2011 when a bunch of people here were excited about Penguindrum and Ikuhara returning to direct a show, I had no idea who he was. I don't know if I had even heard of Utena until I saw some people mention it part way through the airing of Madoka.

Instead of simply giving up, I hoped to leverage this thread's bandwagon effect, and to a limited extent it worked.

It just took a long time.

I just kind of do my own thing so if there's a show you think is good and more people would probably enjoy then I at least wouldn't mind hearing about it.

IIRC Niimi, the doctor assistant, and Yamamoto is all 2199 original character.

I was curious to see roughly how many of the characters in Yamato 2199 were new and it seems to be a lot more even than what you've listed. If someone who's seen the original sees a mistake then they are free to correct it.

It's already been mentioned that Yamamoto was in the original but as a male and it looks like the character Melda was also in the original but male as well(although apparently unnamed).

The twin tails girl Yuria Misaki seems to be new as well.

The snake eyes security chief,Shinya Ito, also seems to be new. As well as the younger fellow, Toru Hoshina, with him who likes Misaki.

The wavy haired fighter pilot,Hiroki Shinohara.

The psychic sisters Mirenel Linke and Miezela Celestella

It also sounds like even
Yurisha Iscandar
is a new character.

There's most likely even more who I forgot or aren't aware of yet myself.

I think Baccano 2 news would've been pretty big here and somebody would have posted a link by now. So tell your friend she's being tricked. But if she's new into anime and just happened to enjoy that there are plenty of similar/close enough anime to.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I just kind of do my own thing so if there's a show you think is good and more people would probably enjoy then I at least wouldn't mind hearing about it.
I tend to pick things up entirely on whim. To me a backlog is just shows that I have ready to go and have some amount of interest in, but the order is entirely arbitrary and I don't have a real preference regarding how recent a show is.

I do, however, prefer a show to be completed, as waiting week to week can be painful!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I almost feel that the show would have been leagues better if Domel was the main antagonist. That way, it makes it harder to pick a side.

Really, I just want more LOGH.
The thing is that Domel is a fairly one note version of Rommel or Yamamoto, and a character like that is only interesting if he essentially sacrifices himself despite the fact that he's working under a maniacal and insane leader.

Yamato Resurrection, the fourth movie and the first attempt at a reboot, actually had a Domel-like antagonist who was on the verge of victory but chose to end the battle because he saw "honor" in his opponent. But even in that case, that only works because he wasn't really the main villain of the film.

I do, however, prefer a show to be completed, as waiting week to week can be painful!
Waiting is the best part!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Sorry, nobody bought Baccano.

I am surprised a Durarara S2 never happened though.

Necrovex

As far as I'm aware, despair and sadness. I'm not super in tune with Anime news, but I can't imagine I'd have missed that.

I think Baccano 2 news would've been pretty big here and somebody would have posted a link by now. So tell your friend she's being tricked. But if she's new into anime and just happened to enjoy that there are plenty of similar/close enough anime to.

Thanks for the news, chaps. I gave her the awful news. Preparing for the onslaught of sadness.

You know, after dealing with a weekly show for almost a year now, I think the wait kind of feels... less intimidating, if only because it seems like a week just goes by fast.

Granted, my feeling for that isn't like for DokiDoki Precure ending and Hapcha starting. The wait is painful.

zeroshiki

I don't know
his tactics in 23 were kind of bad. The crux of his brilliant plan is dropping the new Baleras on the old one as an incredibly inefficient way to destroy the Yamato that will also kill a bunch of your people. And his backup plan is blowing everything up with the Desler cannon.

I don't deny that he really did turn into a cartoon villain at that point but if you look at it from his perspective, his objective was to conquer the universe and unite Gamillas with Iskandar. I'm pretty sure he justified the killing off his people as a necessary sacrifice. Especially since not all of them could fit into the new capital.

And if you look at it from that point of view, the plan was brilliant. You get rid of all your excess baggage AND the Yamato at the same time.

Thanks for the news, chaps. I gave her the awful news. Preparing for the onslaught of sadness.

i don't want to turn the knife in the wound but if we had a 2nd season it would have been as awesome as the first knowing what i know of the books.

DAT PRISON ESCAPE

zeroshiki

The thing is that Domel is a fairly one note version of Rommel or Yamamoto, and a character like that is only interesting if he essentially sacrifices himself despite the fact that he's working under a maniacal and insane leader.

Yamato Resurrection, the fourth movie and the first attempt at a reboot, actually had a Domel-like antagonist who was on the verge of victory but chose to end the battle because he saw "honor" in his opponent. But even in that case, that only works because he wasn't really the main villain of the film.

If you look at it in terms of LOGH archetypes, he could work as an honorable Reinhardt or an uptight Yang. His character arc needn't change, he'd just be the down on his luck honorable character who fights for his country because that's what he does.

Nafe

I tend to pick things up entirely on whim. To me a backlog is just shows that I have ready to go and have some amount of interest in, but the order is entirely arbitrary and I don't have a real preference regarding how recent a show is.

Ok, that's pretty much how I do things as well. Other than maybe three or four shows in 2010 I didn't really follow any shows as they aired until the winter season of 2011. Before reading AnimeGaf it was actually kind of funny how pretty much all, or most, of the different shows I watched I discovered through the most random and roundabout ways,haha.

I can see preferring to watch a show after it's completed. I don't mind as much right now and kind of watch a mixture of both aired and currently airing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you look at it from a LOGH point of view, he could work as an honorable Reinhardt or an uptight Yang. His character arc needn't change, he'd just be the down on his luck honorable character who fights for his country because that's what he does.
Not knowing anything about LOGH, I'd hazard to guess that any character like that would know exactly when to give up if he were actually in charge. You might argue that they wouldn't have even started a war in the first place.

You and I are truly opposites.
What's the point of cliffhangers without the waiting? :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ok, that's pretty much how I do things as well. Other than maybe three or four shows in 2010 I didn't really follow any shows as they aired until the winter season of 2011. Before reading AnimeGaf it was actually kind of funny how pretty much all, or most, of the different shows I watched I discovered through the most random and roundabout ways,haha.

I can see preferring to watch a show after it's completed. I don't mind as much right now and kind of watch a mixture of both aired and currently airing.
Another benefit of waiting is that I can gather impressions from others who were more adventurous than myself, and then decide if it's still worth looking into.

That said, I tend to go out on my own nearly all the time when it comes to old stuff.

Another benefit of waiting is that I can gather impressions from others who were more adventurous than myself, and then decide if it's still worth looking into.

That said, I tend to go out on my own nearly all the time when it comes to old stuff.

You're welcome. Glad to be a guinea pig

zeroshiki

Not knowing anything about LOGH, I'd hazard to guess that any character like that would know exactly when to give up if he were actually in charge. You might argue that they wouldn't have even started a war in the first place.

What's the point of cliffhangers without the waiting? :(

Reinhardt and Yang from LOGH were super generals but always had to deal with assholes within their own side dragging them down. Reinhardt had the court intrigue and Yang had, basically, the US Congress fucking with him.

Domel didn't need to be the leader of Gamillas to be the main antagonist.

cajunator

Banned
Yes I did, and I will. January is all anime stuff; next week is a girl-on-girl tribute to yuri stuff, with references to Kill la Kill, Project Ako, and Utena -- and if I'd known about it ahead of time, I would have thrown Sakura Trick into the mix.

The week after that is Titan. ;)

girl on girl. It sounds magical doesnt it? So beautiful. So pure...
where was I going again?

Looking forward to Inari, Kon Kon, Iraha tomorrow. Pretty sure that's the last series I'm looking to check out this season, so after that my viewing can fall into a proper schedule. Still need to watch Hoozuki and Chu-22 tho.

Same here. I love these shrine maiden style shows with fox gods and such. In particular these character designs.

I think I've familiarized myself with all the tummy-Cures by now (and the appropriately named Cure "Belly" Berry, thanks Yui Haga!) because I'm a deviant of course.

You already sold me with Osakan tomboy, it'll just be a while!

Youre so cute Zachy

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Reinhardt and Yang from LOGH were super generals but always had to deal with assholes within their own side dragging them down. Reinhardt had the court intrigue and Yang had, basically, the US Congress fucking with him.

Domel didn't need to be the leader of Gamillas to be the main antagonist.
I mean, we'll never know what Yamamoto would have done, but even Rommel said fuck it and tried to start a coup.
I think unless these guys are robots, that seems to be the logical outcome if they truly think the people running the show are insane.

(Well, let's pretend that the second Iraq War doesn't apply here. lol)

It's creepy, so yeah.
Awwwww.

Necrovex

i don't want to turn the knife in the wound but if we had a 2nd season it would have been as awesome as the first knowing what i know of the books.

DAT PRISON ESCAPE

I...I have something to admit...I've never seen Baccano. I'm the reason why a second season doesn't exist. :'-(

D-Frag! 02

I did enjoy the antics of the other game dev club.

I do wonder how hoarse Katsuyuki Konishi's voice is going to be after all this yelling he's doing.

Tokyo Ravens Episode 14 Black Shaman ASSAULT -Face-Off-
tumblr_mzet7v8Las1r012yho1_500.gif

Easily the reason why Tokyo Ravens is leading the way in being best adaptation of magic LN series. This whole Black Shaman arc has been the best so far and this face of Ohtomo and Domon was splend. So much magic and attacks and everything. Perfect.

Gundam build fighters - 14

Gundam%20Build%20Fighters%20-%2014.jpg

Super RAL enter the stage !

Dat race final part was Hype ! So much hype !

But damn , if i don't want to punch that guy ... that guy ..
What a douche.

Seriously ..
I would have been pissed if
reiji hadn't openned the door

Aila & reiji pair is starting up , with rough days ahead.. i still hope they will be a thing in the end.

Ral was the MANLIEST .
Sei mom was hype too

I finish this episode disapointed by this turn of events yet strangely hyped for the rest ... With this cliffanger i hope the area of fight tampering has finally reached a end. because it's no fun to see fighters battle it out when an idiot is messing things up.

jman2050

I enjoy the idea that SHAFT are just doing whatever they want with Nisekoi. Honestly, like you alluded to, they might as well.

I mean, it's like I said before, they ADDED the whole "toast in mouth" thing on their own volition, to give one example. Shaft knows exactly what type of material they're working with and stuff like that tells me they're just gonna roll with it and do whatever they like with the material. It's probably for the best.

Quasar

Tokyo Ravens 14 - Whole episode fights is not what I want from anime, and less so from this show. Still it was interesting see a full blown wizards duel and seeing how high level spell casting works in this setting.

I wouldn't know too much since the only thing I've seen her in was an artbook revealing Cure Passion's buttocks. But ZR and midriff can't be bad.

Has a Love and Sexy poster in her house
Has implied incest relationship with her brother (which is why he's close to nonexistent later in the show)
Only Cure to ever wear a swimsuit.

For Precure standards, she's very bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom