• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Question for animeGAF:

Which anime would you say has your favorite over-arching cast? Aka recurring characters that appear almost in every episode outside the main cast (think Simpsons)

For me it'd have to be Gintama. I can't think of a single recurring character I didn't love.

Hidamari sketch until I can think of another.

Not really. It's a great thing.

midriff is usually pretty awesome. I like that too.

iHGbgJ8nAuZ5M.gif

I almost feel like I should ask. Is this moe?

Oh god yes she is.

Tokyo Ravens - 14

This episode .... THIS EPISODE.

NOw it's confirmed... tokyo ravens was on the right path , it's now a good anime.

In only 6 eps they :
-changed the status quo between the characters
-introduced a bunch a capable people
-mostly corrected the drama
-ended on a spectacular finale.

Tokyo%20Ravens%20-%2014.jpg

BUt it's fun !
The CG is still there , but it's less obvious than before ... and this freaking fight was great.
This wasn't just a fight of "order" like harry poter , no this was a omyuoji fight with deceptions , tactics , willpower and it was freaking well done.

Congratulations tokyo ravens you have finaly made a 9.5/10 episode.
0.5 point deducted because : Cgs, new opening, not enough kon

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I've been trying to catch up on anime since being inundated with New Year's work and all but I have to say that Yayoi Robots is probably one of the most original and daring ideas I've ever seen in anime. I look forward to see how the situation develops and hopefully its more than just stuffing robots with DTL.

Bombless

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - THE END

I'm dead tired but it was so worth it to finish the last 12 eps in one go. There isn't much about it I can say that hasn't been said already but I will quote myself from my Eps 1-3 post:

I hope we get more moments with
the Type-3 rounds, because that was the most satisfying THUNK sound ever.
Edit : Oh, and the opening chorus of the OP is godly.

WHAT HAPPENS AT THE END?!? HELL YEAH EAT IT
DRESLER
! It was also nice to get the Chorus OP for the final episode.

This has become one of my top anime series. Thank you Anime-GAF, without you I wouldn't had started it. I love space operas but I had seen the recent live action movie and (despite liking it) knowing it was a reboot, my interest was very low at first.

OjTqahl.jpg

Damn you guys were right in saying Space Battleship Yamato 2199 was good, I somehow powered through the entire series in a day. It's one of my favorite anime series, now where is that movie?!

p.s I def did not order Yuki Mori and Misaki Yuria figures

I lied and I did :p

Necrovex

I feel like an old man since I am not powering through Yamato 2199. Sitting at my PC is not as comfy as it was when I was in high school. I wish I could watch this show on my television!

Dresden

Damn you guys were right in saying Space Battleship Yamato 2199 was good, I somehow powered through the entire series in a day. It's one of my favorite anime series, now where is that movie?!

p.s I def did not order Yuki Mori and Misaki Yuria figures

I lied and I did :p

I was hoping that the spoiler would be 'I ordered Yamamoto and Melda instead'.

Kazzy

I don't know about that but the discussion between episodes is something I like about episodic media. And so marathoning a show after the fact makes it a much lesser experience for me.

I can see your point, though there is certainly something to be said for watching something in a vacuum. I like to be able to experience something outside of the zeitgeist, wherever possible, or at least in a context where other opinions can't adversely affect your own.

It's pretty sad whenever I see a post that runs along the lines of " Well (poster) really liked (show) and so I was expecting to love it..."

Haranguing someone into watching a show is never conducive to them enjoying it. There's obviously a difference between offering recommendations, but I just think people have a tendency to veer away from that.

cajunator

Banned
I tend to pick things up entirely on whim. To me a backlog is just shows that I have ready to go and have some amount of interest in, but the order is entirely arbitrary and I don't have a real preference regarding how recent a show is.

I do, however, prefer a show to be completed, as waiting week to week can be painful!

Pretty much thats how I go about things. I usually watch whatevers interesting but I also monitor rightstuf and preorder whater catches my eye that I m I ght have missed.

I wouldn't know too much since the only thing I've seen her in was an artbook revealing Cure Passion's buttocks. But ZR and midriff can't be bad.

you are correct as usual Zachy-kun

Whatever it is, it's awful.

Ill be the judge of cute around here

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 13

Sasuga Onpu. You're so bold, even if you were barely in this episode.

The episode was rather similar to AnimeGAFfers feeling too old to watch anime and instead, must focus on life ahead. Except switch AnimeGAFfers with Mutsumi, and anime with pro wrestling.

Images are actually related because Mutsumi being a girl is why no one actually wants to wrestle. The episode definitely became a bit more lewd after that moment.

Hasabe/Mutsumi S. Links have increased, even if it means being her opponent makes it sound like he wants to grope her.

cajunator

Banned
I can see your point, though there is certainly something to be said for watching something in a vacuum. I like to be able to experience something outside of the zeitgeist, wherever possible, or at least in a context where other opinions can't adversely affect your own.

It's pretty sad whenever I see a post that runs along the lines of " Well (poster) really liked (show) and so I was expecting to love it..."

Haranguing someone into watching a show is never conducive to them enjoying it. There's obviously a difference between offering recommendations, but I just think people have a tendency to veer away from that.

I procrastinate alot and work often so my free time sometimes consists of marathons or individial episode viewings. It rarely happens that I can keep up with several shows week to week.

LN Amagi Brilliant Park anime announced
By Kyoani
Btw the LN author is Shoji Gatoh...wait,where is FMP4 anime?

Hm. Ln adaptation says nooooo. But I like the character design. so maybe.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
e: KyoLNi strikes again. fuck it all

I almost feel like I should ask. Is this moe?

I was going to say no because it's just a Pixar/Disney/Dreamworks CG sameface character, but then I realized that this is the same accusation that anime haters lob at anime character design, so....yeah.

I'm still right.

Another benefit of waiting is that I can gather impressions from others who were more adventurous than myself, and then decide if it's still worth looking into.

That said, I tend to go out on my own nearly all the time when it comes to old stuff.

The dirty capitalist class of anime watchers, skimming off the full value of the masses' labor for your own profit!

CorvoSol

I don't know why I care so much about FMP getting another season.

They'd just rape my dreams by making it a CGI Mecha show anyway.

cajunator

Banned
I don't know why I care so much about FMP getting another season.

They'd just rape my dreams by making it a CGI Mecha show anyway.

yeah they definitely would.

Any more sugary and there's going to be sparkles flowing out of their pores.

You are in no position to judge man-moe. I will take that place in stride.

You are correct. Ill leave that to you.

W-wait guys. Maybe this one will actually be good this time! Yeah, three time's the charm ri-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRvPqvkGA5I

...fuck.

Hmm. Not sure if want..

"Happy go Lucky".

Was this the one where he stole someones testicles from their chest?

I was warned this show had it's dark moments. Even then I never expected them to go freaking Temple of Doom on this show.

:'(

What is seen cannot be unseen. Either ways it was awesome, I just wasn't expecting it in a televized show. Not even Attack on Titan, which as far as I recall is the darkest I've seen a shonen JUMP manga go, did something like this. Assuming this is shonen action. It might not be too lazy to check.

:'(

What is seen cannot be unseen. Either ways it was awesome, I just wasn't expecting it in a televized show. Not even Attack on Titan, which as far as I recall is the darkest I've seen a shonen JUMP manga go, did something like this. Assuming this is shonen action. It might not be too lazy to check.

Attack on Titan is not a Jump manga; it's published in Kodansha's Bessatsu Shonen Magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom