• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
You might want to spoiler tag your posts of this show from here on out, as the episodes from this point are pretty damn heavy.

Other than that, great write up. Pretty much why I like that episode. So deep.

That episode was right out of 1984 or fahrenheit 451 or something. Censorship is a terrible thing and only serves to stifle creativity and ideas. I would love to see more of that particular country and its story as would I like the plane episode to be longer as well.

syrinx it only gets even better.

CorvoSol

Oh right, you forgot the part about making it cry.

Which will be spelled out in total in the next movie, The Laws of the Sun.

I was too busy wondering why there has been an elephant in each and every Happy Science movie to ponder if elephants could really cry.

Narag

I was too busy wondering why there has been an elephant in each and every Happy Science movie to ponder if elephants could really cry.

GEf3sISl.jpg

cgQJMV0l.jpg

8Qorjnpl.jpg
The last is an elephant seal but whatever.

zeroshiki

Is this legit? Apparently this is from the afterword of the first volume of the Gatoh LN:

Lol Gatoh

Not the same thing, but the site for Amagi LN has an interview with Gatoh where he says something similar. The idea for the theme park LN came from him watching those mascots and thinking what if they hated children. He compared it to "Major League" and "The Full Monty".

CorvoSol

Buddy Complex 2

The mechanical designs in this show are almost Code Geass levels of bad, and Geass didn't have shitty CG mecha shoved between it's rare hand drawn scenes. Also fucking CG pilot suits really? God this whole production feels so phoned in.

Gazoinks

From the New World 20

Dick move from Tomiko. "I'm horribly wounded, almost everyone you know is dead, and the world is falling apart around us. You're the leader now!

This episode wasn't as strong as the last, as things continue to get worse and build towards the finale.

Pocket Monsters X/Y 012

cJLGjSQl.jpg

Rope first, ask questions later.

So I guess this episode channels the rage of trying to collect all the Vivillon variations in the game through trading.

So I'm almost 20 episodes in HxH and Leorio is basically useless. I'm assuming than in a 100+ episode anime he'll eventually pull his weight but so far he's dragging everybody down.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 22

You know, we could totally communicate with Mike, after all, he's an animal right!

Unfortunately, Gon never truly met an animal with Dead Eye moe traits.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Movies 1-2:
Well, that was a solid enough way to condense the series down (barely, it's not like they cut out that much), I suppose. There were a couple of strange moments of editing, but it generally worked as a way to watch through the series in about four hours.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Movie 3:
Exquisite. Simply exquisite. Such a masterful amount of trolling that I'm not sure whether I thought it was terrible or amazing. I just can't even...

The first 80% of the movie was all pretty predictable, if a bit pointless.
Things getting screwed up because Homura told Kyubey about the previous universe and Homura being the one who actually created the new world
were all really obvious from fairly early on. There were some nice moments, but it felt a little bit empty. And then that happened, and...welp.

The Final Fantasy XIII-2 of anime. Bravo.

That was certainly a way to spend six hours.

I don't get why people are being so negative. Its probably gonna be written by Shoji Gatoh since he's the LN author and the one guy he always collaborates with in KyoAni is Takemoto so this is the long awaited Hyouka followup series. The LN isn't even the KyoAni LN. Its the FMP LN label.

From the description, it seems to be a comedy about the cast trying to save a theme park from going under. That probably explains the Bonta-kun.

So its a comedy written by Gatoh. I thought everyone loved Fumoffu?

I am very hyped.

It's certainly got potential based on the pedigree of people involved (or presumed to be involved), although I can understand people being gunshy based on everything that's happened post-Hyouka for KyoAni, and the LN art. But I at least have hope that it will rise above that and wind up being pretty good.

So I'm almost 20 episodes in HxH and Leorio is basically useless. I'm assuming than in a 100+ episode anime he'll eventually pull his weight but so far he's dragging everybody down.

Leorio is easily the best character of the series.

Unfortunately not. He doesn't even show up in the manga for a ridiculously long stretch of time after the Yorknew City arc, not showing up again until after the Chimera Ant arc.

Shergal

So apparently this is the MC of the Gatoh novel:
The main character is a Gary Stu, he is handsome, is athletic, and has good grades. But he is IN LOVE WITH HIMSELF. As in, he is so up his own ass with his superiority, that he ended up with no friends. He doesn't even care that he is alone, as "that's the price of being a genius".

Even as he went off with the heroine who threatened him with a musket, he actually complained that despite her good looks, she is too violent and as such unworthy of his company.

Sounds funny and with good comedic potential. I think I might be warming up to this.

zeroshiki

Since its written by Gatoh, we're kinda guaranteed that the characters aren't all vapid stereotypes.

cue someone posting a Tessa gif here

Nodame Cantabile Finale 10

RlClGZjl.jpg

Was pretty much Nodame's self discovery episode and what she wants to do with music. I hope she realizes what I think she wants to do at the end of the episode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
LN Amagi Brilliant Park anime announced
By Kyoani
Btw the LN author is Shoji Gatoh...wait,where is FMP4 anime?
KyoAni should just give up and do K-On!!! already. lol

it's p. moe
That quality Disney moe.
As moe as you can possibly get in america, so pretty moe
Oh god yes she is.
Whatever it is, it's awful.
I was going to say no because it's just a Pixar/Disney/Dreamworks CG sameface character,
but then I realized that this is the same accusation that anime haters lob at anime character design, so....yeah.

3d moe is as divisive as 2d moe. lol

According to yaraon, something called Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san was also announced as a short anime.

It seems like its Yuri.

61mI9W-cmZL.jpg
Eh, this is basically as banal as Sakura Trick. But at least it's only a short instead of a full anime.
What happens when the dog-like Inugami-san and the cat-like Nekoyama-san finally have their destined meeting?!

...It was moe at first sight.

Well, with Aki-chan serving as a chaperon, it's yet again a peaceful school day... or not. Invited to a club by the mouse-like Nezu-san and the stolidly bovine Ushiwaka-san, the group's peaceful days turn upside down.
Nekoyama-san is very taken with Inugami-san, but Inugami-san appears completely clueless.

...Ah well, things should work out until we have the full zodiac...or?

Tall girl acts like a dog, short girl acts like a cat. Hilarity ensues.

cajunator

Banned
KyoAni should just give up and do K-On!!! already. lol

3d moe is as divisive as 2d moe. lol

Eh, this is basically as banal as Sakura Trick. But at least it's only a short instead of a full anime.

Tall girl acts like a dog, short girl acts like a cat. Hilarity ensues.

Fuck yes this sounds like my kinda show

Yeah, I will say the original anime series did a far better job of making him more empathetic to the audience.

Probably a good thing, especially since there wasn't as much content then compared to now.

Hunter x Hunter 23

A door simulator. You know, personally speaking, I think this door would probably be my greatest nightmare, because I really do have a problem with doors violently abusing me with its doorknob.

Anyway child abuse, and hitting a black person was involved in this episode
and she was a servant.
Things are only starting to get better, but not because of what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom