• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I can't wait to see this scene with Hyouka level artistic value:
0leFUXx.jpg

I'm dead serious.

... It's always the loliest by the crotch... >_>

saki side a 12

hey kuro did something after like 5 eps! and lololol nodoka doesn't really give a fuck about them old friends. cements this show being totally pointless.

saki's sis being OP is a bit boring, reminds me of aizen in bleach, completely op with barely if any weaknesses just makes boring story telling.

Mirai Nikki 1-26 + OVA

That was a pretty fun series. Enjoyed it very much. Yuno was what made the whole series interesting. If not for her character it'd be pretty average, I would think. The main character is pretty unappealing throughout most of it.

A quick question:
When did the Yuno from world 1 kill the Yuno from World 2? It had to have been before she abducted him into the mountains right?

fertygo

saki side a 12

hey kuro did something after like 5 eps! and lololol nodoka doesn't really give a fuck about them old friends. cements this show being totally pointless.

saki's sis being OP is a bit boring, reminds me of aizen in bleach, completely op with barely if any weaknesses just makes boring story telling.

But they just show her weakness, her winning depending on her streak.. she gonna get 4 han hand after she winning once, 6 if she winning twice, and she only get cheap win after streak end. The key thing here, with Kuro's dora hogging ability.. Teru need extra turnaround way to win with 10+ han, his winning hand gonna be very specific. Instead normal winning hand + dora + uradora for example.

saki side a 12

Nodoka cares ... She will enjoy playing them when available ... but she has so much on her mind that i don't think she can show more.

Now that's what i'm liking ! Calling out for a name i can enjoy ... ( not that god luck girl crap ).

I'm going to preorder it

Kansoku

Chuunibyou Ren - 2

OLD NIBUTANI IS BACK!!!!!!!!!! YES! YES! YES!
No more bib skirt, no more black hair, hairpin is in the place it was meant to be. all is right with the world.

Loved Nibutani's reaction, Dekomori unable to fake her worries, and cute Rikka being cute.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 3

This whole Hana-chan being older thing might work if she's paired with Pop more. Pop fixes everything.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Kill La Kill 08-09

Well that is a lot of development for a few episodes. From not progressing the story at all to suddenly a battle with the Elite Four. Curious as to how this actually pans out to a fair fight considering how badly she struggles against 1 person. Gonna have to pull a John Cena out of her ass in order to beat all 4 back to back to back to back if thats how its going. Obviously she's not going to lose at least until at least the 3rd battle because you can't just have these new characters not fight.

Gamagoori is a chump but his car was not. Of course he wrecked the damn thing because thats the kind of failure he is. The one thing I really enjoy about this show is how weak Ryuuko is, pretty much every single fight she wins is through some cheap trick that would never work in a possible rematch. Which is problematic when you're not actually killing said enemies and they eventually come back (sometimes within the same episode!).

Hunter x Hunter 23

Strong determination is nice and all Gon-kun, but if you've just recovered from getting your ass continuously beat don't do the same like 2-3 episodes later. Jesus man.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow even Nyaruko got liscenced yet poor Mitsudomoe is left forgotten. I say shame on all these company. Shame on them.

But they just show her weakness, her winning depending on her streak.. she gonna get 4 han hand after she winning once, 6 if she winning twice, and she only get cheap win after streak end. The key thing here, with Kuro's dora hogging ability.. Teru need extra turnaround way to win with 10+ han, his winning hand gonna be very specific. Instead normal winning hand + dora + uradora for example.

true, but they still got womped by her and its not like there are that many people with more umph that toki in this tournament (shown so far).

Teru only really faulters if you somehow evolve midgame, which is a bit nonsense lol.

JoeFu

Banned
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was really really good.

I'm really glad I decided to revisit the show and watch the second season+movie. Awesome stuff

cnet128

Banned
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 1

ALL THE KANSAI-BENS. I don't think I've actually seen an anime before in which every single character speaks Kansai-ben! It always seems to be just the one or two token dialect characters, because y'know, whoever heard of dialect speakers being concentrated in a specific locality? That would just be silly.

Also, I think this show may be attempting to grant my wish of Kon from Tokyo Ravens appearing in ALL THE SHOWS, because this show's MC *also* has an ordinarily-invisible adorable familiar with furry ears and tail named Kon. They even seem to have similar styles of speech and mannerisms. Admittedly this one can't match the One True Kon on the cuteness scale (it's a scientifically proven fact that nobody in the world can do that), but it's giving it a pretty good try.

Anyway, this show definitely feels like the rightful successor to last season's Gingitsune. It has a similarly adorable main character, a similar connection to shrines inhabited by fox deities that only she can see, and a similar emphasis on school antics and social troubles. I don't think I like this MC's two best friends as much as I liked Makoto's, but this show seems to be outdoing its predecessor in most other ways. Uka-sama is more entertaining already than Gintarou ever was (lol at
Inari walking in on her surreptitiously playing videogames
, that was cute and vaguely hilarious), Kon is of course cuter than Haru (and has the added advantage of not coming with a Satoru attached), and Makoto wishes she had an awesome transformation ability like Inari does. Antics potential: over 99,000.

Plus Inari has a crush, and that's adorable. She's not the greatest wish-maker in the world, though.

Verdict: APPROVE GREATLY. Why is it not next MOEnesday already.

JoeFu

Banned
Oh yeah this would a good place to ask, but what happened to Bandai? How come you can't buy any of their things anywhere in America? I googled and read some stuff, but they mostly said they're backing out of distributing and focusing on licensing their stuff. Are they completely gone now? So what happens to the stuff they had before? Are they never going to release anything again? Is there no way to buy any of their stuff without paying exorbitant prices?

Confused about this. I mean I just got back into watching anime about a month or so ago, so this is really weird to me.

Oh yeah this would a good place to ask, but what happened to Bandai? How come you can't buy any of their things anywhere in America? I googled and read some stuff, but they mostly said they're backing out of distributing and focusing on licensing their stuff. Are they completely gone now? So what happens to the stuff they had before? Are they never going to release anything again? Is there no way to buy any of their stuff without paying exorbitant prices?

Confused about this. I mean I just got back into watching anime about a month or so ago, so this is really weird to me.

Pretty much Bandai stopped distributing stuff I believe at the start of 2013 so all their DVD releases and such are out of print now.

The licenses they have are probably waiting to get rescued by some other company like what happened with all of Geneon and ADV's stuff when they went belly up.

I know Amazon had a big fire sale of whatever Bandai stock they had leftover late 2012 as well so some of their stock is probably hard to come by now.

Branduil

It turns out there is not a huge market in America for paying ludicrous prices for niche anime.

JoeFu

Banned
Pretty much Bandai stopped distributing stuff I believe at the start of 2013 so all their DVD releases and such are out of print now.

The licenses they have are probably waiting to get rescued by some other company like what happened with all of Geneon and ADV's stuff when they went belly up.

I know Amazon had a big fire sale of whatever Bandai stock they had leftover late 2012 as well so some of their stock is probably hard to come by now.

Ah okay that really sucks. Looking at the list they own rights to there are a lot of shows that need to be picked up. So sad that Nichijou never got a release :( Hopefully someone can save that so I can get one of my favorite shows ever on BD.

It turns out there is not a huge market in America for paying ludicrous prices for niche anime.

haha makes sense... but what's up with still charging insane prices on stuff like SBY2199? Is everybody doomed to fail?

Also wasn't freaking Gundam theirs? That's like the most mainstream anime here that isn't DBZ...

Companies have been picking their stuff up slowly/bandai has been putting their stuff up on youtube as well.

Thankfully this means we may finally get a Sacred Seven dub.

fertygo

true, but they still got womped by her and its not like there are that many people with more umph that toki in this tournament (shown so far).

Teru only really faulters if you somehow evolve midgame, which is a bit nonsense lol.

Toki's power isn't really special for those hax that have superpower that lending themselves guarannteed win hand like Teru and others (you'll see more in this match)

How seeing future will help if they gonna win with Tsumo anyway lol
That's why the most Toki can do is helping other people to winning first before Teru, Kuro's Power working (its working all game
and really all thing considered.. its great for all team they manage to prevent Teru win by mercy lol

I love that round, its really have some great defensive trick in the game.. for once, defense is the focus.

Its seem Aniplex USA doing quite well though.

Toki's power isn't really special for those hax that have superpower that lending themselves guarannteed win hand like Teru and others (you'll see more in this match)

How seeing future will help if they gonna win with Tsumo anyway lol
That's why the most Toki can do is helping other people to winning first before Teru, Kuro's Power working (its working all game
and really all thing considered.. its great for all team they manage to prevent Teru win by mercy lol

I love that round, its really have some great defensive trick in the game.. for once, defense is the focus.

it wasn't bad, it just shouldn't have been like... 1/3 of the season. i guess i was a bit irritated because i wanted this round to end while i was marathon watching and it was like 3:30am on a work weekday before that round ended :/

Finished the Hunter x Hunter Your Killua is in another Mansion arc. I'm taking a break for now. Might play some vidja gaemz, watch It's Always Sunny, or continue with Time Jam

Acosta

Man, I have really devoured GTO these days, can't believe it´s ending so soon :_(

I'll put the final two chapters arc on hold a bit so I'm not completely finished with it yet...

Kurita

Man, I have really devoured GTO these days, can't believe it´s ending so soon :_(

I'll put the final two chapters arc on hold a bit so I'm not completely finished with it yet...

You can read the manga after :p
Along with Shonan Junai Gumi which follows Onizuka's teenage life, it was released before GTO actually.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Chuunibyou Ren - 2

OLD NIBUTANI IS BACK!!!!!!!!!! YES! YES! YES!
No more bib skirt, no more black hair, hairpin is in the place it was meant to be. all is right with the world.

Loved Nibutani's reaction, Dekomori unable to fake her worries, and cute Rikka being cute.

This news pleases me.

Is Carnival Phantasm worth watching if the only Type-moon stuff I've seen is Fate/Zero and part of Kara no Kyoukai?

It's funny but it definitely has a lot of Fate/Night Stay jokes so that'll probably go over your head.

At most you could just spoil yourself on FSN to enjoy this awesome show.

Is Carnival Phantasm worth watching if the only Type-moon stuff I've seen is Fate/Zero and part of Kara no Kyoukai?
You should probably at least know F/SN, since there's actually not much F/Z-specific things in there. Myself, I watched F/Z and played F/SN, but had to skip the episodes that weren't Fate-specific. Was still hella fun to watch.

cnet128

Banned
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei 2

I have scientifically analysed the adorableness of Mashiro, and the result was an astounding 317 mKn (millikons). This is a near-unprecedented level of cuteness and presents a significant danger of heart stoppages following even a single exposure. Extreme caution recommended.

In related news, a recent study has proven MOEnesday to be the ultimate day of the week.

Oh, and this just in: one researcher's hypothesis predicting the imminent incidence of discussions of a mammary nature has proven to be entirely accurate, thus reinforcing the validity of the Theory of Tropal Inevitability. This researcher should probably be presented with a Nobel Prize for Outstanding Achievements in Animology, or at least not referred to as creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom