• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

My HiME's ending wasn't really a reboot, just a very badly executed ending.

Everyone still theoretically remembered everything and everything still happened, it's just that the ending basically completely ignored any consequences of all that, followed by an extremely underwhelming final battle.

Reboot was a poorly chosen word by me. What I was really annoyed by was that up to that point, My HiME had a rather well written story and it was so so so very close to having one of those rare really quality runs to the finish.

I have to say that the anime that has had the most satisfying ending for me ever is shin sekai yori. I felt that whole story was incredibly well written and the ending did not let me down.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 32

What's this? Learning about Hisoka's capabilities? On top of learning that his naming sense is kind of... childish. hoho.

Glad explanations were left for after the fight (because explaining them during a fight is stupid), on top of adding a new character
who is part of the Phantom Troupe. And so is he! But not really!

Well shit son. Things happened.

cajunator

Banned
Reboot was a poorly chosen word by me. What I was really annoyed by was that up to that point, My HiME had a rather well written story and it was so so so very close to having one of those rare really quality runs to the finish.

I have to say that the anime that has had the most satisfying ending for me ever is shin sekai yori. I felt that whole story was incredibly well written and the ending did not let me down.

I fully a gree about Mai Himes ending. Total copout that negated just about everything it had going for it.
too bad.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Kill la Kill 10

Mako is still awesome.

Looks like Ryuuko started doing steroids and all kind of PEDs. Ridiculous shounen type powerups happening here, which is a bummer because I've liked the craftiness and stealing a win from the jaws of defeat more so than brute force power shit that typically happens in these types of shows. Theres still some creativity even within the powerups so I can't complain too much. Looks like the 4 devas are all chumps except for the last one. Thats unfortunate. Nerdy guy was a total joke.

If this was a 1 cour show I would expect everything to go smoothly and the final battle to be the last few episodes but because this is a 2 cour show I fully expect some shenanigans, like a dump of new characters to set up a new cour that put this whole thing to a halt, which would be quite unfortunate. I hope I'm wrong but they've pretty much gone out of their way to show that Satsuki really isn't the true big bad in this series.

Theonik

Hidamari Sketch 05
ibz8Z5nxbLZBdV.png
2shaft4me. Almost completely unwatchably so.
Even so I did kind of like how the sick Yuno stuff was done to an extent and the sensei stuff was kinda funny too.

Aikatsu! 32

There was a joke that I wanted to make, but it's too soon (mainly because the scenario didn't end up like I wanted).

Look at all this Ichigo favoritism.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 31

Nen-Nen-Ninja!
Happiness continues to charge

Continuing on with more showings of just how diverse Nen really is. No matter what, it seems like you're always Armed.

What could possibly go wrong in this match up?

Nen Nen Nen Nen-Nenly Nen Nen Nen.

Neeeeeeeeen.

This arc really is the Two and a half Nen show when you think about it Lol.

Chuu2Chuu2 2

I guessssss this whole now we're in a relationship and now what? thing shows some kind of purpose behind this already pointless second season.

OceanBlue

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha - 1

As some others had said, the first episode's pacing was a bit frantic, but it did leave us at a good stopping point. Otherwise, I think there's a lot to be pleased about if you were a fan of the manga. The art is pretty, the music is good, and it doesn't get bogged down by the drama of the day. I thought it was pretty funny too. It's definitely one of my favorite first episodes of the season.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 4

Hana-chan and Reika are hilarious together. They should work with that more. And Hana-chan making all the Onpus out of animals was great too. I think I'm starting to get used to this change now.

CorvoSol

HITOKAGE, when you watched the first part of The Laws of the Sun, did you get like, Book of Abraham vibes from it? Like for reals, the Sci Fi elements of this part of the movie feel a lot like how some Mormons interpret or reimagine stuff. Like this feels like a weird mix of Battle Star Galactica.

Just curious if this is just me viewing things through the prism of a Mormon or if other people might see it that way. I'm only 10 minutes in so far and felt like dropping this question so it doesn't sit there itching the back of my psyche the rest of the movie.

I browse this thread, occasionally, in a lecture hall of about 600 people.

I see that's going to have to change.

This thread has never been safe to browse where others can see you. I know when I'm on my phone I have to shield it so no one at work can see these images.

CorvoSol

the one with the tits

I actually think that sometimes people overlook that just because nips ain't shown doesn't mean it isn't safe for work. I don't mean to sound like a prude but yeah, I don't often browse this topic while at school anymore because what would happen if I'm sitting in the cafe and scrolling through and there be yet another gif of clingy panties?

Syrinx

I'll browse this thread in public, but I gotta be careful nobody can see what I'm looking at when I do. Also I scroll past the NFSW stuff and the like as fast as I can.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Kill La Kill 12

Mako is truly the best character in this series. Shes also the strongest character in the show, basically the Squirrel Girl of her show. Can't get enough Mako, the show needs more Mako.

Rest of the episode was pretty good too I guess.

CorvoSol

Yeah this is the one thread I won't browse on my phone when I'm out. Because the thought of somebody posting pantsu or boobs or a super moe girl freaks me out too much

I actually feel that on my phone it's less terrible since I feel it's way less likely someone is gonna look over my shoulder at my phone vs. my big honkin' laptop screen.

If you're browsing in public, just disable images! You can never be too safe.

Fair enough, but I don't think the overwhelming amount of images posted in here are the ones I'd be embarrassed if someone saw.

Chuu2 S2 - 02

This was an alright Date, mori summer new appearance strategy failed so she reverted back ( thankfully ), dekomori was alright and the supermarket scene was alright ...

it's alright but so far , far far below season 1

CorvoSol

I'll browse this thread in public, but I gotta be careful nobody can see what I'm looking at when I do. Also I scroll past the NFSW stuff and the like as fast as I can.

Man that terrifying feel when you're browsing in public and there's some NSFW image at the bottom of the page. You try to click new page and your browser crashes because your school internet sucks and the .gif is killing you slowly.

Anime thread is still safer to browse at work than Pics of tits and ass and reposts that make you laugh thread.

Man that terrifying feel when you're browsing in public and there's some NSFW image at the bottom of the page. You try to click new page and your browser crashes because your school internet sucks and the .gif is killing you slowly.

That's why you scroll up and change pages from the top.

I feel like we shouldn't have to live in fear. I want to download an app for my phone that replaces every gif with a gif of the sexy 3d truck from Fate Zero

pcrRKjd.gif

AW YISS!

MODA FUCKIN 3D TRUCKS

Maken-Ki! Two 1

Opening: No one cares except for that one yuri scene.
Ending: Rainbow tits?!? Mein gott.

Goddamn, the amount of plot NSFW in this is ridiculous.

Glad to see nothing has changed :D

Nurse NSFW remains #1. Doubt any of the other girls will be taking away her rank this season.

You don't need to post screens you know.

But that takes away the colorful images!

So is Hakkenden Eight Dogs of the East any good? It's in my Queue but not sure if want.

Its in the running for one of the best anime of last year with excellent visuals, magicks, and fantasy setting and story telling. Many of its stories are really emotionally moving and compelling, and the cast is widely interesting and hilarious, and FAYLAN songs. Shino also has one of the best voices in anime. Its a must watch (additionally as its source story is by one of the best manga writers).

Branduil

Yeah, the shows soundtrack is fucking amazing. First time I've heard complaints about it.

I like the OST on it's own. I could easily listen to some of those tracks. Especially this one. Just every-time I notice the music while watching, I feel it pulls me away from the show..

I couldn't even link some of the later tracks to avoid spoiling things for him.
I'll admit however than leaving it mostly untouched from its 70s counterpart may have been a hit or miss decision.

I think the OST is great, it does have a "retro" feel but it's not dated. It's not like it has a bunch of bad '80s synth or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom