• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wireless Controllers Should be STANDARD Next Gen

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
One thing wireless controllers need is a rechargable battery (like the one we're seeing in PSP, DS and SP) and a "recharge dock" where you simply put the controller for it to charge while you're not using it. With that you could still include the rumble feature i think. I expect/hope to see next gen consoles do this.

edit:
Vlad said:
I'm all for that, as long as two conditions are met:

1) The controllers have a rechargable Litium Ion battery, and come with a charging cradle (like a cordless phone). That way I can just pop it back on its cradle when I'm done with it and have it back to full juice the next time I need it, and I don't have to worry about replacing the batteries.

2) They must have the ability to turn the system on. That way, the "couch potato" factor can be complete. If I've got a nice usable, responsive wireless controller, I want to be able to turn on the console with it, so I can just go from watching TV to playing a game with a minimal amount of effort.
hmmm... i see my thoughts are been stolen again.

Top Bottom