• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wireless psvr 2 hint spotted

I'm nobody

1g0TJbl.png
In a recent playstation firmware update a ps vr 2 icon has been spotted with a battery indicator

What do you think
Error or more to come

Last edited:

Bitstream

I was hopeful when it launched, but have a strong feeling now that the PC adapter is out, sony is just going to let VR2 be propped up by any indy / 3rd party only. As strongly as I want it, I'm not even sure RE9 or 5 Remake will still get VR either. Sincerely doubt they are investing any additional resources into VR

saintjules

Gold Member
The blog post about the charging features just went live. It shows the icon but makes no mention of it being wireless. I'd say no here.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
I once contemplated whether Sony would release a new model of PSVR2 that was wireless rather than wait for PSVR3 before going wireless.

I still don't necessarily think that is likely though, especially with them downsizing Firesprite and closing London Studio.

Part of the problem isn't just wireless though, it's the lack of stand-alone gaming. This seems like it would be even more difficult to sell if it required a PS5 Pro.

Haint

is there a new blutooth or wifi protocol thats fast enough now?

Not without an extremely lossy artifact ridden image. In problematic scenes Quest 3 literally looks like a bad Youtube video when there's a lot of high frequency detail, complex geometry, or atmospheric haze/fog effects. It only works well in low detail cartoon textured shit. And I'm speaking of 500Mbps "God Mode" Virtual Desktop on a dedicated 6Ghz band, the default shit most people run is infinitely worse. It would really require dedicated 60 Ghz hardware attached to both the headset and console to actually do wireless right, which I've gathered is very difficult and expensive.

I'm nobody

Sony needs to buy flat2vr studios
They want to make astro vr enabled
Think about the other ps games they could do

Before meta get them

Top Bottom