• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 Fantasy League

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/M/home.mc

Your league code is 7452-1691

Just simply make an account and on the private leagues screen type in that number above. I already have 7 teams in it and was looking to get it bigger.

Hopefully this is the right place to put this thread.

P.S. You can't pick your squad until June 4th when all the final squad lists are turned in.

Anaboula said:
It will be interesting to see who picks who :p
I imagine they'll be a budget to pruchase players?

Yeah. There is usually a budget in place and a limit to number of players you can have from each team. Later in the tourney they start letting you have more players from the same team as other teams get knocked out in the round of 16.

Juicy Bob

Done.

I’ve got a pretty good idea of who I’m going to pick up front but will probably end up with a completely random back four. Wish I'd bothered to watch more Champions League matches this year…

Juicy Bob said:
Done.

I’ve got a pretty good idea of who I’m going to pick up front but will probably end up with a completely random back four. Wish I'd bothered to watch more Champions League matches this year…

Nice. I saw your post in the forums and decided to make a thread for gaf name and team name.

Soccer doesn't seem like a very statistics-oriented sport. Obviously you can measure striker output by goals scored, and some players' output by assists, but how do you measure the impact a defender or midfielder has on the game?

Juicy Bob

Amibguous Cad said:
Soccer doesn't seem like a very statistics-oriented sport. Obviously you can measure striker output by goals scored, and some players' output by assists, but how do you measure the impact a defender or midfielder has on the game?

I'm a complete n00b at fantasy football but looking at the official FA Premier League fantasy game it seems that goals by defender or midfielders score higher than goals scored by strikers in terms of fantasy points.

ACTION (POINTS)
For each goal scored by your goalkeeper or defenders (6)
For each goal scored by your midfielders (5)
For each goal scored by your forwards (4)
For each goal assist (3)
For your goalkeeper / defender conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) (4)
For your midfielder conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) (1)
For every 3 shot saves made by your goalkeeper (1)

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in.

Alot of the obvious choices have injury porblems so it should be interesting. Hlaf my team will probably be out after the first game. :lol

Cyport

joined, I won my fantasy league private league out of 8 people :lol. let's see how I do with real competition

Lourio

Just signed up.

Manager name: Lourio
Team name: FC Sagres United

First timer here, let's have some fun!

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So after a lot of whining from my side I thought, I just sign up ^^ But every button and icon works on my PS3 internetbrowser accept for the sign up button.. Dear God, so typical...

Juicy Bob

I'm thinking - is there any type of 'prize' you could think of that we could give me when I win to whoever is victorious after the tournament, like a special avatar or something? Just to make it more glorious for the winner? And how about a booby-prize for whoever comes last?
Me.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
What the hell... I just made an account but I am not getting my verification email...

Edit: never mind, apparently you don't need one =)

Anyhow

Team name: Simikos

Juicy Bob said:
I'm thinking - is there any type of 'prize' you could think of that we could give me when I win to whoever is victorious after the tournament, like a special avatar or something? Just to make it more glorious for the winner? And how about a booby-prize for whoever comes last?
Me.

this is a great idea.

I will try and come up wtih something before the end of the WC.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

Juicy Bob said:
Me.

You just want boobs in your avatar.

Top Bottom