• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
notworksafe said:
Wait what? Where are these things?

All over the world. Doesnt matter if its in Northrend or Southshore to get the achievement.

Look at MMO champion for a small list on where to find them. It's not 100% accurate, i found some in Menethil Harbor, while MMO Champion said it was near a murloc camp.

notworksafe

Cool thanks for the info guys.

Bisnic said:
Doesnt matter if its in Northrend or Southshore to get the achievement
Is this true? MMO-C says you need to kill level 80 rifts to get the achievement if you are level 80.

Osaka said:
My problem is that I can't limit the upload at all on the blizzard downloader, and if I use the peer-to-peer transfer, it jams up my whole internet cos I only have 100kb/s upload.

The pre-download for cata worked fairly fast without p2p, though, like 1,5mb/s constantly.
that's weird, I always use the peer to peer and I get full download speeds with no upload going on.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There are bosses involved with this event that drop 251 level epics, although I don't know when you will get to do that.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
There are bosses involved with this event that drop 251 level epics, although I don't know when you will get to do that.
After the (event spoilers)
full scale invasion of SW and Org by Deathwing's homies, with rifts spawning all over the cities.

Angry Grimace said:
Ah yes, I remember before WotLK came out running around getting raid level purples from the zombies. Easy peasy.

Narag

SnakeswithLasers said:
Ah yes, I remember before WotLK came out running around getting raid level purples from the zombies. Easy peasy.

I still have a full set and the bitching Argent Dawn tabard. An event well worth doing. A friend nearly quit over it because he hated how it easy it was for "n00bs to get epics". Nevermind the notion they'd be deprecated in a month.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Narag said:
I still have a full set and the bitching Argent Dawn tabard. An event well worth doing. A friend nearly quit over it because he hated how it easy it was for "n00bs to get epics". Nevermind the notion they'd be deprecated in a month.
Some people.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:
After the (event spoilers)
full scale invasion of SW and Org by Deathwing's homies, with rifts spawning all over the cities.
I knew where in the event's timeline it would occur, but I was saying, I have no clue when those will be available in terms of a specific date. I have to presume in ~2 weeks. Blizzard never draws out 1 time world events that long, although they haven't really had a world event since LK launched. Which is sad.

There was no reason at ALL to not have a pre ICC event.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
There was no reason at ALL to not have a pre ICC event.
There hasn't been a raid event since AQ. Why would there suddenly be one for ICC? A raid-related quest hub I could see, but there was already one in Icecrown.

EDIT: As far as timing, I can see Phase 1 and 2 lasting 1 week each, then Phase 3 lasting two weeks. That would give us about 2 weeks with the new areas and zones, or maybe 1 week depending on when 4.0.3a is dropped.

Bisnic

One could say the whole Argent Tournament was the pre-ICC raid event. :lol

notworksafe said:
Cool thanks for the info guys.

Is this true? MMO-C says you need to kill level 80 rifts to get the achievement if you are level 80.

I got the achievement by killing rifts in Theramore, Nagrand, Menethil Harbor & the Alliance camp in Arathi highlands... so yeah.

vilmer_

Just found the fire elementals at Sentinel Hill and the earth elementals right in the middle of Lakeshire. Nobody was even around at all lol.

notworksafe

Yeah, according to Wowpedia you can kill any level rifts for the achievement, but only level-appropriate ones for the daily quest.

Gonna group up with guildmates and get the achievement on my Paladin and Druid tonight! :D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
notworksafe said:
Yeah, according to Wowpedia you can kill any level rifts for the achievement, but only level-appropriate ones for the daily quest.
Nice. Screw waiting around Northrend shit.

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
There hasn't been a raid event since AQ. Why would there suddenly be one for ICC? A raid-related quest hub I could see, but there was already one in Icecrown.

EDIT: As far as timing, I can see Phase 1 and 2 lasting 1 week each, then Phase 3 lasting two weeks. That would give us about 2 weeks with the new areas and zones, or maybe 1 week depending on when 4.0.3a is dropped.
Because it made no sense at all that just one day the door of ICC just opened and you could walk right in.

I don't really understand the purpose of giving us any time at all with the new zones prior to Cata dropping.

Angry Grimace said:
Because it made no sense at all that just one day the door of ICC just opened and you could walk right in.

Just like that it makes no sense that after 6 years the roof on the inn in Westfall still is a work in a progress!

It's a videogame. Deal with it.

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:

Wasn't there a trailer released before 3.3 where we saw Alliance breaking the door while Terenas ghost was speaking with Arthas?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Angry Grimace said:

I don't really understand the purpose of giving us any time at all with the new zones prior to Cata dropping.

and it doesnt make sense that Ulduar is just water behind the gate on the world map.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
Just like that it makes no sense that after 6 years the roof on the inn in Westfall still is a work in a progress!

It's a videogame. Deal with it.
You make it sound like a J-rzez rant :lol I'm just saying that it would have been pretty cool to have a few quests or something since there really was no leadup to it opening up since the previous raid had no actual influence on the raid.

davepoobond said:
and it doesnt make sense that Ulduar is just water behind the gate on the world map.
Completely inappropriate comparison; that's just a technical limitation.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:

There was a trailer and the ICC 5man quests with you sneaking inside with Sylvanas (not sure what the Alliance quests were). Not much, but it's better than most dungeons now that they've taken out attunements.

Also the purpose of giving us the new zones is obvious I think. Gets people who haven't played since Vanilla, or new trial people, in and on the path to leveling up just in time to buy the new Battle Chest when they drop it after the Cata launch.

Or at least has them ready to buy expansions if the Battle Chest isn't out.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
You make it sound like a J-rzez rant :lol I'm just saying that it would have been pretty cool to have a few quests or something since there really was no leadup to it opening up since the previous raid had no actual influence on the raid.

Completely inappropriate comparison; that's just a technical limitation.
My mind is full of ideas how to make MMORPG's better. Tis a good thing.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
And you'll be able to fly over outdoor instances and see no mobs.

Ranged weapons don't need ammo.
Night Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Draenei, Worgen, Orcs, Trolls, Undead, Tauren, Blood Elves and Goblins don't exist.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Another AQ-style event would've been cool, but then I think about all the people that missed out on it simply because the person with the Sceptor was an arsehole. The event on my old server was done at a stupid realm time (i.e. 3am) because the two big guilds on Horde and Alliance who helped complete it hated everyone else below them. I managed to tag along because it was in the middle of the afternoon for me, but I feel sorry for all of those people who never got to see it on our server because of inflated egos.

Blizzard themselves have stated that it was a cool event but they would never go down that line of thinking ever again, and I applaud them for that stance. Damn the poopsockers and "omg challenge in WoW has disappeared! I'm quitting!" manbabies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Night Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Draenei, Worgen, Orcs, Trolls, Undead, Tauren, Blood Elves and Goblins don't exist.
Them in a fantasy world with reality like logic makes sense man lol. What people have listed doesn't.

Angry Grimace

speedpop said:
Another AQ-style event would've been cool, but then I think about all the people that missed out on it simply because the person with the Sceptor was an arsehole. The event on my old server was done at a stupid realm time (i.e. 3am) because the two big guilds on Horde and Alliance who helped complete it hated everyone else below them. I managed to tag along because it was in the middle of the afternoon for me, but I feel sorry for all of those people who never got to see it on our server because of inflated egos.

Blizzard themselves have stated that it was a cool event but they would never go down that line of thinking ever again, and I applaud them for that stance. Damn the poopsockers and "omg challenge in WoW has disappeared! I'm quitting!" manbabies.
World Events don't have to be AQ-style big, that might be a bit much to deal with. It's just that the idea of them is really fun and interesting. I really liked the Ghoul invasion one.

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
Two new Blue posts.

1. DD cinematics will be in a patch.
2. Cat will be playable at 12am PST in Noeth America.

Full quoted text :

We’d like to take a moment to clarify how we’ll be delivering World of Warcraft: Cataclysm cinematics to players who purchase the expansion digitally through Battle.net or download the installer from the web in the future.

Prior to the December 7 launch of Cataclysm, all current World of Warcraft players will receive the Cataclysm intro cinematic as part of an upcoming patch. In addition, all other in-game cinematics (including previous ones such as the Wrathgate movie) will be available for download to players who have not previously installed them. These cinematics will be automatically downloaded in the background while you play the game, after other critical game data has been received.

Funny how that bold part seems to indicate exactly what i mentioned sooner.

Blizzard should put the CG of Cataclysm for everyone when they log the first time when 4.0.3 hits. At least it would make a little more sense than logging off at Auberdine the last day of 4.0.1, and logging on the next day with the town completely destroyed with no idea how it happened. Adding the cinematic would be a nice touch if destroying the world live ingame is too much to ask.

Blizzard reads minds confirmed?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Bisnic said:
Funny how that bold part seems to indicate exactly what i mentioned sooner

..no it doesn't? :lol

Intro plays when you start up the client, not when you log in.

So I went resto on my shaman alt for the first time EVER........dear god I suck at healing. Props to all healers out there.

I can slay kings and at one point was close to being his Bane, but healing I can not do.

Alex

Wrath healing is no real thing, it's edgy and pretty chaotic but it's simple and with little thought involved. The new healing model is in, but the scaling that fuels it is not, so if anything it's easier than ever on live servers.

You should save that respect for the ones that remain in Cataclysm, since healing there can often times make BC look like a stroll. It will be interesting to watch all of the healer rerolls that popped up drop like flies. When people hit that wall that starts OOMing them, it's going to get whiny.

They still have a lot of healing dials and knobs to turn in 5 weeks though either way. My predictions:

-Revitalize redesigned
-Tranquility heavily nerfed
-Effloresce nerfed
-Holy Radiance heavily nerfed
-Large retuning of Priest numbers, especially things like CoH and PW:Barrier
-Resto Shaman given a quick tank-defense cooldown
-Healing Rains altered somehow.

notworksafe

Nice! I logged in and had a fire rift spawn right in front of me! I killed off a bunch of dudes, but didn't get any notification...how do I know I got credit towards the Feat?

EDIT: I got a buff called "Fire Powered". Is that it?

notworksafe said:
Nice! I logged in and had a fire rift spawn right in front of me! I killed off a bunch of dudes, but didn't get any notification...how do I know I got credit towards the Feat?

EDIT: I got a buff called "Fire Powered". Is that it?

As long as you took part in destroying it you received credit for it.

notworksafe

Here's a question. Why are rifts spawning in Outland? Isn't that another planet? :lol

EDIT: Got the feat in 30 mins. That was easy. Seems spawns are pretty constant, not once an hour.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
DeathNote said:
Ranged weapons don't need ammo.
i think that's really stupid to be honest. i don't particularly care about the "logic", more that its a part of gameplay removed. i saw ammo as an opportunity for hunters to customise their combat somewhat, but it never eventuated...

i think a better solution would've been to have infinite base ammo that scales with your level so that hunters are always ready to fight, but then also have the opportunity to find an equip rare and powerful ammo with interesting effects. like ice ammo that increase iced based slowing effects on the target, or fire ammo that applies a dot, or armor piercing ammo that just flat out does a high amount of damage compared to the base ammo.

these special ammo types can only be looted from certain dungeons, or crafted by players.

Rokam

Scrow said:
i think that's really stupid to be honest. i don't particularly care about the "logic", more that its a part of gameplay removed. i saw ammo as an opportunity for hunters to customise their combat somewhat, but it never eventuated...

i think a better solution would've been to have infinite base ammo that scales with your level so that hunters are always ready to fight, but then also have the opportunity to find an equip rare and powerful ammo with interesting effects. like ice ammo that increase iced based slowing effects on the target, or fire ammo that applies a dot, or armor piercing ammo that just flat out does a high amount of damage compared to the base ammo.

these special ammo types can only be looted from certain dungeons, or crafted by players.

I could've sworn blizzard said they were going to do this eventually. Pretty sure when they announced no more ammo they said this would be the next step.

On another note, man LFD sure is fun. Got a H. CoS group, DK tank dual-wielding in half dps gear (unenchanted ungemmed). So I notice he's not picking shit up besides one mob so I start using Holy Wrath to stun the shit to give time to dps it quickly. Healer yells at me about half way through the first part for not letting tank get aggro. I send him a tell and to watch what happens next pull when I don't. Sure enough I don't do anything and they all converge on the healer, BoP him with about 1k health left. And I just ret tanked the rest of the instance. I really wish this game had a better tutorial system.

Angry Grimace

Scrow said:

The problem is that one of them would just do the best DPS and no one would ever use the other ones and it would just be annoying to have to get more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom