• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
CarbonatedFalcon said:
Ooh - you Horde or Alliance on Borean Tundra? Used to be my main realm (Horde), but I transferred my main off. Still have two 80s there, but will transfer the shaman off shortly before Cata drops. Abandoning the hunter for the moment.

I'm on Horde side (Korec 80 Huntard.)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Flib said:
Oof at the latest beta build for some of my specs:

Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)

•Rune Strike now scales from 15% of Attack Power, down from 20%.
•Icebound Fortitude now reduces damage taken by 20%, down from 30%. Cooldown increased from 2 min to 3 min.

The Rune Strike change here is just because DK threat isn't balanced around using RS as your sole RP dump; it's designed around using a mix of RS and DC.

The IBF change is necessary becuase it was strictly better than Shield Wall at a 2m CD and 60% talented damage reduction.

Alex

Most vanilla weaponry really looks like shit now, especially stuff from off kilter places like ZG or AQ.

They should re-purpose shit that actually still looks pretty good, like the old PvP gear.

JoeMartin

DeathNote said:
Unless things changed, only thing I can say is RS should be macroed to everything.

#showtooltip Some Ability
/cast Some Ability
/cast Rune Strike

RS is on a different GCD, so you never have to click it twice. you always see the tool tip info, icon, and the CD info of X ability and not RS. drag a standalone RS somewhere that you don't touch to test/observe it actually going off.

This no longer works btw. Rune Strike is no longer an "on next swing" ability, but it's own instant cast strike sharing the same GCD as all your other abilities. Same goes for warrior's Heroic Strike.

Angry Grimace said:
The Rune Strike change here is just because DK threat isn't balanced around using RS as your sole RP dump; it's designed around using a mix of RS and DC.

The IBF change is necessary becuase it was strictly better than Shield Wall at a 2m CD and 60% talented damage reduction.

Talented Shield Wall and IBF were exactly the same, and both got changed from 60% reduction to 50% reduction and 2m cd to 3m cd.

Evlar

Banned
letsbereasonable said:
Didn't even notice the BoA on the Cata weapons until it was pointed out. That's actually pretty interesting.
So now your Guild Leader can give Ashkandi to his warlock friend.

Flib

Yeah, it's archaeology. I'm assuming that it's a highest level racial artificact. Seeing how long it takes to level archaelogy, this will take a while to get.

Flib

Angry Grimace said:

Yeah, these ones didn't seem as bothersome compared to the feral nerfs.

edit: Oh, this makes sense:

Zarhym said:
This is one of those moments where reading data-mined material can be sorely misleading. I talked a bit about these changes yesterday here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27497534774&pageNo=1&sid=1#14

Most of these abilities have not changed for level 80+, however, they've been changed to scale from 1-79. As an example, Ambush deals a flat 190% weapon damage on live realms. With these changes, it now deals 90% weapon damage when first learned, and increases up to 190% again by the time you hit level 80.

We made these adjustments because healing and damage-dealing at low levels has been way too powerful. These changes will make more sense when you get into the game and see for yourself.

That change to mangle just seemed insane.

Sober

Angry Grimace said:

So, is it supposed to be DC with high RP, RS for low RP? What is the point of using DC if RS has extra baked in threat, especially if it is also a physical attack and you're more likely to be hit capped as well?

Ton of nerfs across the board. Looks like Light of Dawn has 5 targets and is on Holy Power again, and Protector of the Innocent was too good with WoG prot tanks or something.

Rapture back to 12s cd. Guess have to be smart about PWS spam again.
Atonement only 50% of the damage to the heal.

Hey, at least DS isn't an AOE finisher anymore!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Just completely redid my UI, more simple looking, quite enjoying it. SpartanUI had too much of a chance to completely fuck everything up with each new update.

vilmer_

Is there supposed to be a quest or quest turn in when you destroy an elemental rift? All I see is the Mysterious Object and there's no ? or ! on it.

Narag

vilmer_ said:
Is there supposed to be a quest or quest turn in when you destroy an elemental rift? All I see is the Mysterious Object and there's no ? or ! on it.

If you kill a rift in your level range, yes. If not, no.

notworksafe

vilmer_ said:
Hmm I did it on my 80 Paladin, and I thought they were level 80 as well. Looks like they weren't :/
I think all the Northrend ones are 80. Also I never got a visible ! over the Device, I just clicked on it and got a quest.

Sober

notworksafe said:
I thought this was already announced?
Probably for clarity. They still probably want people to do the holidays but at least it lets people know it's for a good cause. Otherwise people who don't peruse and refresh WoW sites doesn't need to find out you can get 310% flying from it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sober said:
So, is it supposed to be DC with high RP, RS for low RP? What is the point of using DC if RS has extra baked in threat, especially if it is also a physical attack and you're more likely to be hit capped as well?

Ton of nerfs across the board. Looks like Light of Dawn has 5 targets and is on Holy Power again, and Protector of the Innocent was too good with WoG prot tanks or something.

Rapture back to 12s cd. Guess have to be smart about PWS spam again.
Atonement only 50% of the damage to the heal.

Hey, at least DS isn't an AOE finisher anymore!
No, it WAS. You just use RS every time now, which is why it's damage is lowered; because DC was reliable but does less damage than DC does in general.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are those rifts glitched or what? I see 4 groups of fire elementals around Everlook in the distance, and when i get closer to them, they completely despawn. One after the other.

notworksafe

Bisnic said:
Are those rifts glitched or what? I see 4 groups of fire elementals around Everlook in the distance, and when i get closer to them, they completely despawn. One after the other.
They are on a timer. They spawn once an hour at the same time, and despawn 10 minutes later. If they all spawned within moments of each other, (which is how it seems to work, all rifts in a zone spawn around the same time) they would also all despawn within moments of each other. Sounds like you got there just at the end of the 10 minute mark.

If you need them for the Feat, just be at the same location about 10 minutes earlier in the next hour.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
notworksafe said:
They are on a timer. They spawn once an hour at the same time, and despawn 10 minutes later. If they all spawned within moments of each other, (which is how it seems to work, all rifts in a zone spawn around the same time) they would also all despawn within moments of each other. Sounds like you got there just at the end of the 10 minute mark.

If you need them for the Feat, just be at the same location about 10 minutes earlier in the next hour.

Yeah i already knew about that, it's just weird that they all decide to despawned every time i noticed them and ran toward them. They didnt all despawned at the same time, i think there was a 2 mins difference between when i noticed the 1st group and the 4th one.

It's like i'm mario bros and they are boos becoming invisible when i look their way.

mclem

notworksafe said:
I thought this was already announced?

I think they'd announced that it was *going* to happen, and they had a short-term workaround where mounting the Violet PD would also award you the skill, but now it's actually handled properly in the code.

Angry Grimace

* Shattered Barrier now freezes enemies within 10 yards for 2/4 sec, down from 3/6 sec.
* Fingers of Frost now has a 7/14/20% chance to proc from your Chill effects, down from 10/20/30%.
* Early Frost now reduces the cast time of Frostbolt by 0.3/0.6 sec, down from 0.35/0.7 sec.

:( :( :( :(

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
Low Rez models have no place in modern WoW, really. They should just re-do it to make it look less fuzzy.

Definitely. Clean it up, and add some detail/effects to it, the overall model shape looks ok I think.

Wow. They should have just said:

Warlocks: All damage output decreased by 12% :lol

Xiaoki

Angry Grimace said:
Thats not going to happen.

For Blood tanks DC is almost completely worthless. It does less damage, it does a ton less threat and it costs more RP.

Once RS is changed(which is not until Cataclysm, God Blizzard is stupid) Im taking DC off my bar and forgetting it exists.

Angry Grimace

Xiaoki said:

For Blood tanks DC is almost completely worthless. It does less damage, it does a ton less threat and it costs more RP.

Once RS is changed(which is not until Cataclysm, God Blizzard is stupid) Im taking DC off my bar and forgetting it exists.
If you'd read the question you would understand that this is exactly what I'm saying.

The question was why they are nerfing Rune Strike. My response is that the reason why Rune Strike is being adjusted to do less damage in 4.0.3 is because the class as a tank is balanced around the assumption you'd use a mix of DC and RS as a Runic Power dump because RS wasn't always going to be available, therefore, Rune Strikes high threat + damage balanced out Death Coil's low damage + threat.

Xiaoki said:

I wouldn't necessarily take it off your bar completely - it still has use as a ranged attack situationally compared to Rune Strike which is melee only. At least just macro it into your Rune Strike button with a modifier, so you could pull it out for say, dragon air phases (Lots of Dragons in these new raids!) when you still have a full bar of runic power.

Not nearly as useful with the incoming changes to Rune Strike, but still possibly useful.

Angry Grimace

The BoA epics are just weird.

Consider they are just level 359, and don't scale. You can trade them from one 85 to....another 85.

Narag

Angry Grimace said:

Consider they are just level 359, and don't scale. You can trade them from one 85 to....another 85.

Maybe to help alts get up to speed to relevant content faster? I know I'd have liked to send some staves from my hunter to my druid once it hit 80 at any rate rather than sharding them.

Tamanon

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

There are some lower level BOA epics. I think it's more so you don't feel the urge to level archaeology on every single character if need be.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

Well, it's based on finding things right? It's not a specific grind? If your 85 priest can build it and give it to your 85 warrior, awesome. They don't want them on AH and there's no sense in weapons sitting on toons that can't use them. Assuming I understand the prof.

Sciz

wHlq4.png

How awesome?

So awesome.

J-Rzez said:

No shit :lol I don't mind nerfs as long as the other top dps classes get nerfed as well... cough cough.. fire mages... It depresses me knowing that as demo I was still only just above middle of the pack dps and now the spec will probably drop toward the bottom.

notworksafe

Sciz said:
http://imgur.com/wHlq4.png[IMG]

How awesome?

[i]So awesome.[/i][/QUOTE]
Holy crap congrats! How did you do Earth, Wind, and Fire? I've wanted to do that for a while, but I imagine it's quite difficult.

Angry Grimace

Deputy Moonman said:
No shit :lol I don't mind nerfs as long as the other top dps classes get nerfed as well... cough cough.. fire mages... It depresses me knowing that as demo I was still only just above middle of the pack dps and now the spec will probably drop toward the bottom.
Fire Mages are low on Beta raids and Fury Warriors and Ret Pallies do outrageous DPS and are getting nerfed to shit. It doesn't sound "right" because 85 is just so far away in terms of stats; it might as well be 10 levels.

Angry Grimace said:
Fire Mages are low on Beta raids and Fury Warriors and Ret Pallies do outrageous DPS and are getting nerfed to shit. It doesn't sound "right" because 85 is just so far away in terms of stats; it might as well be 10 levels.
Yeah I need to keep that in mind. The balancing is all about level 85.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
Definitely. Clean it up, and add some detail/effects to it, the overall model shape looks ok I think.

It actually probably isn't 12% though since most of those spells scale a lot more from Spell Power than their base damage.

Sciz

notworksafe said:
Holy crap congrats! How did you do Earth, Wind, and Fire? I've wanted to do that for a while, but I imagine it's quite difficult.
Took us maybe three hours of trying across a couple nights.

What worked in the end:

-Having the whole raid stand a little beyond the second circle, at the hallway to Archavon
-Having our bear MT pull Koralon and sprint over
-Having the raid DPS Koralon down to 50%, at which point a group of four broke off to go handle Emalon
-Having the third tank and two remaining DPS swap to Archavon after getting Koralon down to about 15%
-DPSing Archavon down to about 20%, then swapping back to Koralon
-Killed Koralon, killed Archavon, and the Emalon group was done shortly after

There's no good way to do it, really, it's just a matter of what your group is comfortable with pulling off. We tried some other tactics that nearly worked, and probably would've worked with a bit more practice. Lots of fun all around; handling all of them simultaneously took a degree of planning and respect for their mechanics that hadn't ever been there before, and really brought some life back to what is otherwise very dull and irrelevant content. Definitely recommended if your raid wants a change of pace from running ICC all the time.

Though getting the mammoth made it ever so much sweeter. :D

Rokam

Hooray 2 nights of straight farming and got my Nether Ray mount. Managed to nab a Time-Lost Figurine for myself and some random person that flew by, as well 2k gold from just selling shit. Now I need something else to farm. :lol

Alex

There's a bit of unlisted stuff on this beta patch. They hiked health and resil quite a lot (has completely turned PvP around, feels great now) and put in new hairstyles.

mclem

Flib said:
In regards to the tank dropping: if someone ninja's the tank's gear, it's perfectly acceptable for him to drop. Why should he have to carry people through the instance who are being asses and taking his gear?

My attitude is that one person may have screwed me over, but there's another three who didn't, and I'm not going to screw *them* over in turn; they don't deserve it. Voice disapproval, sure, but move on. The next instance run's only a few minutes away.

Rokam

Do people get to see the reason why they were kicked from a group? I've left some very nice messages for people when I kick them for being afk, I'd hate for them all to go to waste. I wish they'd give more room for reason as well so I can fit "You're adopted, and like your parents this group doesn't want you anymore."

Acidote

People doesn't refrain too much when writing kick messages. Once I got a message to kick someone with the following text: "Too slow. Probably handicapped." Something like that in Spanish.

I voted yes because the guy was AFK after every pull, but it was an ugly behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom