• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

There's that WoW mouse that has a shitload of buttons and movement stuff on the mouse. That'd be cool to use, I'd imagine.

sa3xO.jpg

notworksafe said:
There's that WoW mouse that has a shitload of buttons and movement stuff on the mouse. That'd be cool to use, I'd imagine.

sa3xO.jpg
Neat. What else do you guys use? I have so many binds that it's just brutal. Especially for returning to a character after a long time.

Dina

notworksafe said:

sa3xO.jpg

DO NOT GET THAT PIECE OF SHIT. It's awful, and I actually bought it about two years ago.

Razer Naga might be sufficient, or maybe the Cooler Master Inferno Storm?

Flib

Naga really changed the game for me, as silly as I thought it was at first. Helps with reaction times so much, fantastic while tanking. Once you get used to it, you don't think about it at all.

notworksafe

Dina said:
DO NOT GET THAT PIECE OF SHIT. It's awful, and I actually bought it about two years ago.

Razer Naga might be sufficient, or maybe the Cooler Master Inferno Storm?
:O I had no idea it was so terrible. I just use a Razer Mamba myself (got one on sale :D )

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
How would you play WoW on a gamepad?

I use WASD to move and for abilities:
1-5, Sh+1-3
Q, E, R, T, G, V, C, X, Z and Sh modifiers on all of those except C, X, Z.

How does that fit onto a pad?
So you need WASD and 23 abilities bound?

I'm not sure how i'd set this up, but I'm thinking about getting it. There's a mode switch where you don't have to hold a modifier at all.
fela3b.jpg

-8 directional thumb d-pad for movement. Hopefully you can set up north west as forward left strafe and etc. (edit, looks like if you disable the diagonals, then it works like a normal 8 direction)
-14 buttons without a modifier
-24 with 1 modifier

Combined with that Naga...wouldn't have to use a modifier.

1 finger movement just seems amazing.

Dina

Flib said:
Naga really changed the game for me, as silly as I thought it was at first. Helps with reaction times so much, fantastic while tanking. Once you get used to it, you don't think about it at all.

Thing is, numbers 7 - 12 aren't that easy to press. My thumb would be bending way too much to be comfortable. At least with my big hands. CM Storm Inferno seems nice, but no shop here carries that mouse and I kinda want to feel it first.

Flib

Dina said:
Thing is, numbers 7 - 12 aren't that easy to press. My thumb would be bending way too much to be comfortable. At least with my big hands. CM Storm Inferno seems nice, but no shop here carries that mouse and I kinda want to feel it first.

I thought that too (I have large hands as well), but you just need to map lesser used abilities there. My Bear setup on 4.01 (different in cata) is:

1-Maul 2-Swipe 3-Mangle
3-Lacerate 4-Pulverize 5-Skull Bash
7-Growl 8-Faerie Fire 9-Feral Charge
10-Berserk --Bash =Demoralizing Roar

Then I have my cooldowns on shift. Works well for me.

Milpool

I've been using a CyberSnipa Game Pad for a while now and I really like it. Keys 1-0 are comfortably available while using WASD without any strain. It's hard to go back after using the butterfly WASD keys, I had a zboard fang with a similar layout which I stupidly sold and can't find in the UK any more.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Milpool said:
I've been using a CyberSnipa Game Pad for a while now and I really like it. Keys 1-0 are comfortably available while using WASD without any strain. It's hard to go back after using the butterfly WASD keys, I had a zboard fang with a similar layout which I stupidly sold and can't find in the UK any more.
you might be interested in this. don't know how good it is.http://shop.steelseries.com/us/index.php/keyboards-us/merc-stealth-illuminated-gaming-keyboard.html

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Flib said:
I thought that too (I have large hands as well), but you just need to map lesser used abilities there. My Bear setup on 4.01 (different in cata) is:

1-Maul 2-Swipe 3-Mangle

You have your main skills bound on your mouse?

I can't think of that ever working out for me. In pve or pvp.

Osaka said:
You have your main skills bound on your mouse?

I can't think of that ever working out for me. In pve or pvp.
I think it'd be absolute heaven. I may have to seriously give that mouse some consideration.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
Yeah i really enjoy Frost now with all the procs for Ice Lances & Firebolts/Firefrost Bolts. Even for PVE is does really nice damage. More interesting than the boring Arcane Blast spam.
You're going to be sad when they lower the proc rate on FoF next patch by 33%

Any android users have the bnet authenticator of their phone? I have the regular one, but looking to use the android one instead for portability and not have to carry that one around. Just wondering if there is anything wrong with it or if it is hard to use.

Alex

Looks like they retuned some (all?) of the 1-60 dungeons too in yesterdays beta patch, in addition to the tweaks and nerfs to rebalancing leveling. Everything in them hits a lot harder and has quite a lot more hp.

Flib

DeathNote said:
for anything but cooldowns it seems like a lot of work for one thumb.

You would think that, but you get ultra-fast with it. It's really amazing. You actually don't need to move/bend your thumb that much.

Btw, the reason I have swipe and maul next to each other is from the days were I could just press them at the same time with my thumb:lol

I changed the position of swipe on the beta to have a clearer position with Thrash.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
Looks like they retuned some (all?) of the 1-60 dungeons too in yesterdays beta patch, in addition to the tweaks and nerfs to rebalancing leveling. Everything in them hits a lot harder and has quite a lot more hp.
good. i can solo RFC and WC on a warrior on live.

Flib

Also, I don't know if you guys have actually used a Naga, but how it looks in pictures is deceiving, it's actually compact and small. The keypad looks way bigger in those photos than in real life. It's about the same size as any other regular gaming mouse, just a bit taller. It's comfy though, like all Razers.

Also when learning, it's a good idea to use Bartender/Dominos to set up the Action bar to have 4 rows/3 columns. That way, you can just glance at the bar and have a 1:1 exact representation of your pad on screen.

Rapstah

Darn it, they changed that amazing holy paladin talent that used to say "Casting a heal on any target, including yourself, also heals you for X." to "except yourself". :lol I don't blame them though, was burst healing 500+ at level 10.

Alex

Hooray, large Efflorescence and Holy Radiance nerfs, in addition to the other stuff, that should level the playing field pretty perfectly.

Cept for Disc, who is in a world of hurt at the moment. I won't be surprised if they nab a very short PW:B cooldown and some more +healing talents very shortly.

Aesthet1c

How long has the Naga been available for? Reading everyones opinion of it makes me want one badly. However I don't want to buy one if the Naga 2 is going to come out in a few months (or whatever they decide the successor).

Garryk

Aesthet1c said:
How long has the Naga been available for? Reading everyones opinion of it makes me want one badly. However I don't want to buy one if the Naga 2 is going to come out in a few months (or whatever they decide the successor).

Check out the Naga Epic coming out at the end of the month.

Also, I recommend the n52 for your left hand if you don't want to use the keyobard.

Aesthet1c said:
Naga epic doesn't offer much but a higher price imo, unless you really need a optional cordless mouse.

Macattk15

Garryk said:

Also, I recommend the n52 for your left hand if you don't want to use the keyobard.

Christ, $129 for a MOUSE? I'm not poor or anything ... but god damn that seems like a waste of money.

Alex

I think I'm fine with my MX518, I prefer buttons on the keyboard, though maybe I should use the extra buttons on my G15.

Evlar

Banned
I'm skeptical I could use something like the Naga effectively. I already have a five-button mouse that I use with no difficulty, but that's dependent on having a different tactile feel to the buttons under the thumb. A big cluster of buttons like that would be difficult to manage without looking at it, or at least that's my worry.

My keybinds are crazily complex and I have ten abilities bound to the four mouse buttons I use in click-casting. That's enough to keep up with.

Dina

Flib said:

1-Maul 2-Swipe 3-Mangle

Yeah, true. Still, I wouldn't bind everything to those buttons though. 1-6, Q, E, R, T, F, G, Z, X and C are still a lot of buttons.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Garryk said:

Is it true that if you disable diagonals you can use all 8 directions effectively?

I want NW to act as forward + left strafe.

markot said:
MX518 fo life!
Thats what I said before I got a Naga.

Evlar said:
I'm skeptical I could use something like the Naga effectively. I already have a five-button mouse that I use with no difficulty, but that's dependent on having a different tactile feel to the buttons under the thumb. A big cluster of buttons like that would be difficult to manage without looking at it, or at least that's my worry.

My keybinds are crazily complex and I have ten abilities bound to the four mouse buttons I use in click-casting. That's enough to keep up with.

I thought the same at first but its really not hard to learn at all. It took me a week to learn and thats without these little tack like things they include that you can put on a key to help you remember what number that key is.

The mouse has one flaw and thats the two buttons on the top, but you can rebind them which I did.

Garryk

markot said:
MX518 fo life!

That's what I have, but I use a n52 with the other hand.

DeathNote said:
Is it true that if you disable diagonals you can use all 8 directions effectively?

I want NW to act as forward + left strafe.

Not sure. I only have 4 directions bound; 2 for movement and 2 for targeting.

Dina

Alex said:
I think I'm fine with my MX518, I prefer buttons on the keyboard, though maybe I should use the extra buttons on my G15.

I use the H8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15 and 18 buttons a lot. Got them binded to useless keys like ; ' [ ] , . / and it works great.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Garryk said:
That's what I have, but I use a n52 with the other hand.

Not sure. I only have 4 directions bound; 2 for movement and 2 for targeting.
Could you test out a diff profile sometime? It says to do forward, back, strafe left, strafe right on NSEW and have diagonals disabled. Then give a brief movement review and what the disabled diagonals act like.

Alex

Does anyone know of an addon that shows NPC locations on the world map? Like if I wanted to see all the class trainers or mail boxes, or w/e on the map of a city. Stuff like that

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Up to this day I thought MX518 is the best mouse ever.

I was mistaken.

Razer-Imperator.jpg

Razer Imperator, I salute you!

Amazing mouse, and only 50€.

Garryk

DeathNote said:
Could you test out a diff profile sometime? It says to do forward, back, strafe left, strafe right on NSEW and have diagonals disabled. Then give a brief movement review and what the disabled diagonals act like.

I'll try to give it a go tonight.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
:lol

"11/04/2010 14:32:50 PDT
Re: Will Cata honestly be playable at launch?

We would nerf the sun or create a Blizzard time zone in which everyone would live in (in perfect harmony), but unfortunately, we have not amassed enough power for that as of yet.

Nethaera
"

How will the Asus PRO78JQ-TY066V run WOW on max settings.

Specs: 17,3 inch
Intel Core i7 740QM with L2 cache 6MB
4 GB RAM
500 GB hard drive @ 5400 RPM
Windows 7 Home Premium
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 1gig

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom