• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Acidote said:
That's why I chose that price =).

And that's why I'm surprised somebody bought it. 24 slots bags are going to be quite cheaper very soon. I expect sky rocketed prices for the first weeks of the expansion, and around 300 gs each afterwards.

I've had about a year's use out of buying quite a lot of Portable Holes back when they were new, and I don't regret the premium I paid for getting them early... but making a purchase *now*, as you say, seems a little odd. I suspect it's less (directly) for the bag and more for wanting to get the hunter quest out of the way while it lasts?

HildyB

Osaka said:
Try Razer Imperator, pretty much the same size as MX518. A little lighter, and I think the shape is better at least for my grip. Oh and the mouse is over 3x more precise!

I was a sworn MX518 man too for years, until yesterday!

I will do this.

Loto

Hmm, I received an email this morning saying my WoW account has been suspended for abusing in game chat. I haven't logged into WoW since last Sunday. I'm at work so I haven't tried logging into the game... Has this happened to anyone?

Evlar

Banned
Loto said:
Hmm, I received an email this morning saying my WoW account has been suspended for abusing in game chat. I haven't logged into WoW since last Sunday. I'm at work so I haven't tried logging into the game... Has this happened to anyone?
You're hacked, and the hacker was using your account to generate goldspam bots.

Evlar

Banned
Loto said:
Would they change my password?
Not necessarily, I've heard of people being hacked but the password left unchanged, but it is a little unusual.

Never hurts to call up Blizz and ask what's going on.

Aesthet1c

It can vary greatly. I get phishing emails like that quite often, so it's possibly that. Regardless I wouldn't click any links in the email, if you need to check your account, just go to battle.net directly.

Also, when I was hacked, they changed my password and added an authenticator, so that's always a possibility too..

Loto

Actually I think I was hacked. I have a WoW app and I see 2 characters that I have never made. It looks like my pass is still the same. It looks like all my gold is gone too lol. I'll contact blizz after work, I wonder if they can fix this.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
notworksafe said:
Probably should change your password. Might want to add an authenticator as well.

This. Authenticator is a small price to pay to avoid all the hassle with hackers. Makes your account 100% safe. Unless the hacker knows where you live.

EDIT:

Actually, isn't the mobile authenticator free? I cant use that myself since it doesnt support N900. Oh well, I got the keychain authenticator years ago :D

I don't know how people can justify paying $13 a month while at the same time not being able to justify a one time $6 (or free) fee for an authenticator

J-Rzez

Considering that hackers are getting even craftier and going to further lengths now than they ever had in the past, you can be rest assured that they're going to keep progressing on their tactics, and perhaps come up with a way to "strong-arm" into accounts soon enough. If you only run AV-type protection it may not be enough, and if you don't have a form of the authenticator by now, you maybe setting yourself up for some major annoyances down the road.

Seriously, just go get the app or buy the incredibly cheap authenticator. Imagine if you're raiding/pvping at your scheduled guild time, and you guys are working on some goal, you try to log on, find out you're hacked, and thus screw over your guildmates/friends, as you can't be there, nor, will you be able to play for a few days until all your gear is restored.

Adding yet another layer of security goes a long way, especially with exploits in things like "flash" which don't show up right away.

Loto

I emailed blizz, I hope I can get my stuff back. I have an iPhone, can I get the mobile authenticator? Thanks for the help all, kind of bummed/annoyed. I just got the game 2weeks ago lol and bought a 2 month play card.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Yeah, you can get the authenticator on iPhone. You might get your stuff back. I've heard stories saying otherwise, too though. Good luck!

If you want to get even more security, copypasting the password is a good way to avoid basic keyloggers.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Should probably scan your PC just to be sure you still dont have that keylogger on your computer. You wouldn't want to get your account hacked again after Blizz restored it would you?

Loto

Bisnic said:
Should probably scan your PC just to be sure you still dont have that keylogger on your computer. You wouldn't want to get your account hacked again after Blizz restored it would you?
Yup, I'll get the authenticator if Blizz can get my stuff back.

notworksafe

Loto said:
Yup, I'll get the authenticator if Blizz can get my stuff back.
Make sure you do the scan while WoW is running. And the authenticator on iPhone is free. Just search for it in the App Store. While you're on the phone with Blizz, they can add it to your account if you have it already downloaded on your phone.

J-Rzez said:
Considering that hackers are getting even craftier and going to further lengths now than they ever had in the past, you can be rest assured that they're going to keep progressing on their tactics, and perhaps come up with a way to "strong-arm" into accounts soon enough. If you only run AV-type protection it may not be enough, and if you don't have a form of the authenticator by now, you maybe setting yourself up for some major annoyances down the road.

Seriously, just go get the app or buy the incredibly cheap authenticator. Imagine if you're raiding/pvping at your scheduled guild time, and you guys are working on some goal, you try to log on, find out you're hacked, and thus screw over your guildmates/friends, as you can't be there, nor, will you be able to play for a few days until all your gear is restored.

Adding yet another layer of security goes a long way, especially with exploits in things like "flash" which don't show up right away.

Hell, I've had at least 3 people in my guild get hacked in the middle of a raid. They logged timed out, came back on and the hacker was in control. We even had pleasant conversation with 2 out of the 3. One was just some kid who wanted to see if he could do it.

Of course, I've also lost a tank mid raid because his subscription ran out at midnight, 2 hours into the raid. It's a weird thing.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Everyone I know has been hacked at least once, a few had authenticators and had been inactive for months.

Xabora

J-Rzez said:

3 years now, no anti-virus.
Just using No Script and Adblock. :p

ampere

DeathNote said:
People have beeen hacked with authenticators.
They have to catch two authenticator codes in a row with a script to remove it, or pull off a man-in-the-middle sort of thing.

Pretty rare and hard to do, they're going to typically just hack people with no authenticators.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
Make sure you do the scan while WoW is running. And the authenticator on iPhone is free. Just search for it in the App Store. While you're on the phone with Blizz, they can add it to your account if you have it already downloaded on your phone.
what's the best thing to run? i have malwarebytes and Microsoft SE.

ciaossu said:
They have to catch two authenticator codes in a row with a script to remove it, or pull off a man-in-the-middle sort of thing.

Pretty rare and hard to do, they're going to typically just hack people with no authenticators.
yea, just can't say they are 100% protected baby

Is there a faster way to get JP than just running random dungeons? I want to get one more piece of heirloom and am just "ugh" about earning the 1800 points I still need. Something like... 100 boss kills. Grinding is dumb.

Edit: I should clarify that I know the "grind" these days is nothing compared to what it was. Especially crazy grinds in vanilla. I'm just at a point where I only have like an hour to play a day, so that's one or two heroics, which means it'll take me a while to earn those 1800 points.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
SnakeswithLasers said:
Is there a faster way to get JP than just running random dungeons? I want to get one more piece of heirloom and am just "ugh" about earning the 1800 points I still need. Something like... 100 boss kills. Grinding is dumb.

Edit: I should clarify that I know the "grind" these days is nothing compared to what it was. Especially crazy grinds in vanilla. I'm just at a point where I only have like an hour to play a day, so that's one or two heroics, which means it'll take me a while to earn those 1800 points.

You can buy heirlooms with champions seals from the Argent Tournament. The prices over there hasnt changed at all. It's something like 60 seals i believe for a chest or shoulder and you can get around 10 a day with Heroic TOC & all the daily quests.

Although i think you need the Crusader title to have access to the vendor, and that alone takes a month if you do all the dailies required everyday.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
funkmastergeneral said:
Sweeeet, with the new WoW forums I'm no longer banned!
Which is probably why we'll never see a new GAF forum software :lol Fistful would be back in seconds.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
funkmastergeneral said:
Sweeeet, with the new WoW forums I'm no longer banned!
Haha, same, I got perma'd from the WoW EU Forums like 4 years ago. Not that I've had any interest in posting. But it's nice not having to switch to Chrome to look at the forums.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ikuu said:
Haha, same, I got perma'd from the WoW EU Forums like 4 years ago. Not that I've had any interest in posting. But it's nice not having to switch to Chrome to look at the forums.
You get a pop-up message that says, "BANNED!" in big letters whenever you went there?

What'd you do?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I used to troll my realm forum constantly, can't remember exactly what I posted but I think the message said something about Obscene content.

Bisnic said:
You can buy heirlooms with champions seals from the Argent Tournament. The prices over there hasnt changed at all. It's something like 60 seals i believe for a chest or shoulder and you can get around 10 a day with Heroic TOC & all the daily quests.

Although i think you need the Crusader title to have access to the vendor, and that alone takes a month if you do all the dailies required everyday.
Hmm...I'll stick with randoms. Don't want to bother with trying to level up at the tournament. I think I have something like 6 seals from the tournament for heroic boss kills there, definitely not skyrocketing my totals. I'm really just looking for the heirloom 1H mace for my shaman (enh) and pally (prot) to level with.

Although, maybe I can just do the argent tournament 60 times. :lol That might end up being less work than trying to earn the points through random heroics. Lord knows, getting stuck in HoL or HoS is some tedious shit.

Do you get JP from selecting a dungeon? Forge is short enough that it might be worth it.

Angry Grimace

Ikuu said:
I used to troll my realm forum constantly, can't remember exactly what I posted but I think the message said something about Obscene content.
So you're like a trade chat troll?

ampere

SnakeswithLasers said:
Hmm...I'll stick with randoms. Don't want to bother with trying to level up at the tournament. I think I have something like 6 seals from the tournament for heroic boss kills there, definitely not skyrocketing my totals. I'm really just looking for the heirloom 1H mace for my shaman (enh) and pally (prot) to level with.

Although, maybe I can just do the argent tournament 60 times. :lol That might end up being less work than trying to earn the points through random heroics. Lord knows, getting stuck in HoL or HoS is some tedious shit.

Do you get JP from selecting a dungeon? Forge is short enough that it might be worth it.
To my knowledge you can only get JP from boss kills and the weekly 'XXXX must die!' quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom