• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
MattPeters said:
You get JP points for every boss kill, no matter if its random or not.
Ah sweet. And thanks to these posts, I just discovered the weekly JP quest. Argh. To think of all the points I've missed in the past two weeks!

Evlar

Banned
... which you also just posted on GAF. (No worries, I already knew what it was, so I'm not going to have to explain to my boss why I'm looking at a bunch of old men in an orgy.)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Evlar said:
... which you also just posted on GAF. (No worries, I already knew what it was, so I'm not going to have to explain to my boss why I'm looking at a bunch of old men in an orgy.)
He won't care your wasting time on a forum in general?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Something else to see in game I guess?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/124506/wait-garrosh-is-warchief-already
"Garrosh has recently been handed the position. I'd say more, but I don't want to spoiler things in game. It might be a good idea to hang out in Grommash Hold for a bit just to listen in on what the leaders have been discussing. In addition, you may want to check out the new novel that was released (written by Christie Golden) The Shattering: A Prelude to Cataclysm to learn even more (if you are interested in doing so.)"

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
On all of them. If a boss dies, you get points. :D
Even tho the UI doesn't say it, it gves extra points on killing the last boss in random dungeon finder. Not sure if specific dungeon fonder does.

If you only need one heirloom, you pretty much can get it by doing a few instances a day all this month. No need to grind a lot daily. Just do some maths.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
Even tho the UI doesn't say it, it gves extra points on killing the last boss in random dungeon finder. Not sure if specific dungeon fonder does.

If you only need one heirloom, you pretty much can get it by doing a few instances a day all this month. No need to grind a lot daily. Just do some maths.
One of the only things the PTR has that's visibly different from live is that the Random Dungeon Finder specifies you get JP :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I need to hop on the ptr :lol

Since I'm a DK it'd take 6 months to be able to buy heirlooms with AT currency. 4 rep scrolls a day. I guess I could do old quests x-x

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
I need to hop on the ptr :lol

Since I'm a DK it'd take 6 months to be able to buy heirlooms with AT currency. 4 rep scrolls a day. I guess I could do old quests x-x
Or you could just get to 85 and buy the heirlooms that work from 1-85.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Or you could just get to 85 and buy the heirlooms that work from 1-85.
Gotta level to 85, get guild rep, and get to level 20 in the guild, progress in some difficult instances, to get the 1-85 helm and cloak and easier 1-80 heirlooms. Just typing this out for the other guy.

Not sure if I'd miss a lot of low level world pvp. Also not sure if I want to progress in new instances on my DK.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
Gotta level to 85, get guild rep, and get to level 20 in the guild, progress in some difficult instances, to get the 1-85 helm and cloak and easier 1-80 heirlooms. Just typing this out for the other guy.

Not sure if I'd miss a lot of low level world pvp. Also not sure if I want to progress in new instances on my DK.
Well, you also get like 4x the amount of JP in Cata heroics

Loto

Finally home from work, yeah I it tells me I have be banned =(

I responded to the email I received from Blizzard so I have that pending but it doesn't look like I can call the account administration guess I have to wait.

Loto said:
Finally home from work, yeah I it tells me I have be banned =(

I responded to the email I received from Blizzard so I have that pending but it doesn't look like I can call the account administration guess I have to wait.
How do you get banned in WoW without cheats?

mclem

SnakeswithLasers said:
Do you get JP from selecting a dungeon? Forge is short enough that it might be worth it.

You get JP from anything which gave Triumphs prior to the changeover. Therefore, that includes:

First random normal instance of the day
Any random heroic instance (From each boss as well as for completing the instance)
The weekly raid quest
All raid bosses.

I haven't had the opportunity to find out if the bag from Sarth 'contains' JP, too.

Loto

LovingSteam said:
How do you get banned in WoW without cheats?

Was hacked and person made like 2 chars on my account and violated TOS. I sent the email at 9 this morning, nothing yet.

Narag

Loto said:
Was hacked and person made like 2 chars on my account and violated TOS. I sent the email at 9 this morning, nothing yet.

Call, call, and call again until you're through when they're open. When I was hacked, I noticed that morning, called that afternoon, and was back up and running by the evening.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Just so you guys know.

The maps ingame of the big cities. are really fucking unhelpful to new players :(

I've spent the last 30 minutes lost in undercity. and have been paying people to be my tourguides :(

Syth_Blade22 said:
Just so you guys know.

The maps ingame of the big cities. are really fucking unhelpful to new players :(

I've spent the last 30 minutes lost in undercity. and have been paying people to be my tourguides :(

Yeah, hopefully when they bring in the map upgrades they'll put some markers down in cities so you can find your class trainers and such.

HolyCheck

notworksafe said:
If you talk to city guards, they can tell you where basically everything is in the cities.

:lol I just want to get out of the undercity. and the only way I can find out leads me back to the ghostlands/silvermoon which is where I don't wanna be as i've done every quest there :lol :lol I really suck

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Syth_Blade22 said:
:lol I just want to get out of the undercity. and the only way I can find out leads me back to the ghostlands/silvermoon which is where I don't wanna be as i've done every quest there :lol :lol I really suck

You can find the portal to Silvermoon, but not the main gate of Undercity that will lead you outside where you can find Zeppelins towers, Brill, and other stuff? It's like, right next to it, north of the ruins/graveyard.

HolyCheck

Bisnic said:
You can find the portal to Silvermoon, but not the main gate of Undercity that will lead you outside where you can find Zeppelins towers, Brill, and other stuff? It's like, right next to it, north of the ruins/graveyard.

just managed to get to brill now! there seem to be a lot of low level enemies about, where should I be heading too next? (Level 21)

edit: in response to being able ot find the portal, thats how i got to the undercity (blood elf) and some one walked me there lol

Bisnic

Syth_Blade22 said:
just managed to get to brill now! there seem to be a lot of low level enemies about, where should I be heading too next? (Level 21)

edit: in response to being able ot find the portal, thats how i got to the undercity (blood elf) and some one walked me there lol

If you are lvl 21, you should either go to Hillsbrad(long walk where you have to go through Silverpine Forest first. Stop at Sepulcher for the FP or some green quests if you feel like it.

Or, you can use one of the zeppelin outside of Brill that will lead you to Orgrimmar, there you can run to the Barrens or Stonetalon Mountains(another long run) for more quests. Just dont forget to grab the FPs in Sepulcher & Orgrimmar before running to Hillsbrad or Barrens.

HolyCheck

Bisnic said:
If you are lvl 21, you should either go to hillsbrad(long walk where you have to go through Silverpine Forest first.

Or, you can use one of the zeppelin outside of Brill that will lead you to Orgrimmar, there you can run to the Barrens or Stonetalon Mountains(another long run) for more quests. Just dont forget to grab the FPs in Silverpine & Orgrimmar before running to Hillsbrad or Barrens.

FPs?

I think i might go to Org as I have a quest that wants me to go there and some of my ausGAF guild are out that way!
many thanks!

Bisnic

Syth_Blade22 said:
FPs?

I think i might go to Org as I have a quest that wants me to go there and some of my ausGAF guild are out that way!
many thanks!

flight paths, the guys with "taxi" mounts that allow you to fly from city to city.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
How would Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge and Venerable Mass of McGowan be on a rogue? It's the only combo I can get easily. I got McGowan for a warrior, but not that I realize the stats are similar, I want Dal'rend.

scoobs

holy lord alliance is just GOD awful at battlegrounds. I've literally one a single game tonight and ive been playing since 10. 4 hours. 1 win. /wrists

Alex

I've had good experiences with Alliance even in PUG Battlegrounds myself, usually we win. Like at least a 70% ratio.

I blame Blood Elves for this, because it certainly wasn't like that in vanilla.

I can't stand PUG BG's though, so I don't do them quite as much, I'm healing 90% of the time, so I need to drag guildies and friends in with me. EOTS is really fun with any size of premade because it's all combat.

Granted, I haven't played any PvP since I quit last time right before 3.2, I believe. I liked BC PvP, because I loved my 5v5 team so much, and I'd always queue with them. Two Warriors, an Elemental Shaman, Frost Mage, Holy Paladin. Soooooooo fun.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
I've had good experiences with Alliance even in PUG Battlegrounds myself, usually we win. Like at least a 70% ratio.

I blame Blood Elves for this, because it certainly wasn't like that in vanilla.

I can't stand PUG BG's though, so I don't do them quite as much, I'm healing 90% of the time, so I need to drag guildies and friends in with me. EOTS is really fun with any size of premade because it's all combat.
you prob win cause you actually have a competent healer

Alex

Maybe, but I healed in Vanilla too! My Vanilla PvP was a travesty if I didn't go in with like 70% guild!

I really hope Rated BGs are fun, I just haven't had any fun in arena since 5v5 died and damage shot up so much.

scoobs

going on a solid 11 straight losing streak. Currently in a game where we haven't gotten past the first set of gates in Strands... :lol god this is hilarious

going back to the mouse discussion, anyone have a RAT 7?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPg5SykQ5Vo

mad-catz-cyborg-rat-7-review-body.jpg

I love the different asthetics(sick of Razer design always being the same...) and the size(got big hands!) but I wonder if it is useful for MMOs. I am sure it would be great for FPS tho!

And what about Keyboards? Anyone of you have a great keyboard?

Right now I am looking like a maniac after two keyboards! One Wireless for HTPC, and one for main PC.

My requirements are:

Backlit(Filco keyboards dont have this... ffffuuuuuu)
Mechanical keys(heard it's so much better)
Looks ok(Sorry Deck:()

Angry Grimace

Vigilant Walrus said:

I love the different asthetics(sick of Razer design always being the same...) and the size(got big hands!) but I wonder if it is useful for MMOs. I am sure it would be great for FPS tho!

Right now I am looking like a maniac after two keyboards! One Wireless for HTPC, and one for main PC.

My requirements are:

It looks beyond stupid.

Belfast

Vigilant Walrus said:

My requirements are:

Good god, what the hell is that Frankenstein monstrosity?!

Intriguing, but I see that there are also several other models in the series.

Danoss

I hear the palm style mice are good for large hands. The Logitech G5 for example. I have smallish hands, so I'm not much help there.

I love my G15 keyboard, if only for the screen on it, I couldn't switch to another keyboard now because of it. For the mouse I use the Logitech G9, but that is the claw style mouse.

scoobs

just comin in to update everyone on how awful alliance is. 16 straight losses and counting in strands of the ancients... ill be back in an hour :lol

Belfast

Ahh, never mind. The R.A.T. 9 coming out is just wireless, and the previous R.A.T models feature lower DPIs. The 7 is not a bad choice for $80, may have to look into it.

I've been using my Razer for some years now. Still works perfectly, but it's a bit on the simple side these days.

scoobs

WE DID IT (queue steven colbert gif) 20 straight losses in bgs. not a single win. how is there not an achievement for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom