• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Just got the Vitreous Stone Drake on run 111. Woo! Back to the grinding out Tol'Vir solves for the Qiraji Battle Tank.

For me when it comes to rare mounts and rare items in general, a lot of the time I don't really care much for them and ever really use them. I'm really in it for the feeling of finally getting it. It's the anticipation of looting a corpse and seeing if it's there or not.

I don't know, that's probably weird.
It's probably why I like Monster Hunter so much.
That's sort of how I am. Just in the last few months I've become addicted to mount collecting for some reason. Most of them I never use, but it's just cool to get them I guess. Though I will say that I'll pull out neat older ones I've gotten on my main when I'm playing on my alts sometimes.

Of course there are a few that I want because I truly like how they look and want to use them. Like Ashes or Al'ar. And I'll be using the Qiraji mount on all my toons for a long time if I manage to get that.

Shahadan

Trinkets are the bane of my existence. I'm still using LFR Throne of Thunder trinkets on my two mains characters and can't seem to get rid of it weeks after weeks.

Ade

Random question:

I used to play... a lot... and had all kind of shiny things, the "rarest" two are probably the Mini Tyrael pet and the Murloc costume.

I quit mid Firelands and haven't ever logged in since, there was talk way back when I was quitting that Pandaria would un -account bind certain pets and stuff.

Did that ever happen? Would I hypothetically be able to log in and perhaps offload Tyrael to someone?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Random question:

I used to play... a lot... and had all kind of shiny things, the "rarest" two are probably the Mini Tyrael pet and the Murloc costume.

I quit mid Firelands and haven't ever logged in since, there was talk way back when I was quitting that Pandaria would un -account bind certain pets and stuff.

Did that ever happen? Would I hypothetically be able to log in and perhaps offload Tyrael to someone?

Pets like Tyrael are "BAttle Pets" which is the Pokemon type thing that came out in MoP. Though some pets are not sellable/tradeable. I imagine that Tyrael is one that you cannot sell.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Random question:

I'm not sure if you can do that with Tyrael, but you can with most pets, just not all of them.

I know that it works with pets that drops from raid bosses. The item itself that makes you learn the pet is bind on pickup, but you can put the pet in a cage, which can then be sold in the AH or through trades.

StMeph

I have too much hit. Would go away if I could just get a new trinket.

Trinkets are the bane of my existence. I'm still using LFR Throne of Thunder trinkets on my two mains characters and can't seem to get rid of it weeks after weeks.

I'm sitting on upgrades that are now sidegrades because it just adds more Exp.

Still waiting for Flex trinkets. Rolling every week...

Though some pets are not sellable/tradeable. I imagine that Tyrael is one that you cannot sell.

I'm not sure if you can do that with Tyrael, but you can with most pets, just not all of them.

I know that it works with pets that drops from raid bosses. The item itself that makes you learn the pet is bind on pickup, but you can put the pet in a cage, which can then be sold in the AH or through trades.

Some quick searches suggest that Tyrael can't be caged/traded.

JCizzle

Holy shit, how are they still pre alpha?? We'll be in SOO for another full year at this rate... :-(

Re: a tweet from the new GC guy.

Berordn

Holy shit, how are they still pre alpha?? We'll be in SOO for another full year at this rate... :-(

Re: a tweet from the new GC guy.

Looks like they're still pretty far along, they probably just haven't hit feature lock.

Though we've only seen like, two zones so maybe that's where all their time's being spent.

Hixx

@Rygarius 4m
6PM PST tonight, set it, do not forget it!

Looks like the first chunk of the WoD info dump is coming today... at 2am
wtzgU.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As someone who's played both to 90, it's kind of amazing people get rogues and monks to 90.

They just seem so weak for SO long. Constantly energy starved, monks lack all versatility up til like 85. Rough classes to start as.

Khezu

I'm probably alone in this, but I hope they do something with the Water Elemental.

Over the years I have grown to hate the stupid thing.

Turn it back into a DPS cooldown, and give a talent to make it permanent.

Shahadan

Rösti;102520673 said:
t1393552800z4.png

Until euphoria.

Until next to nothing you mean. ;p
And hose blog entries will be published in small bits through out march and we'll get beta in april to counter ESO like they always do.

I'm now in the acceptance phase.

As someone who's played both to 90, it's kind of amazing people get rogues and monks to 90.

They just seem so weak for SO long. Constantly energy starved, monks lack all versatility up til like 85. Rough classes to start as.

Once you learn cheap shot and vanish rogue is easymode levelling. Shadowstep, Prep and other mobility cooldowns make things even easier. Being energy starved sucks until you get a ton of haste on your gear but it's not like you're ever in danger of dying. My understanding of monks is limited but you can facetank your way to 80 at least.

Well how decked in heirlooms is your Rogue? I forget how good/bad it was earlier, but at this Northrend level I kill shit pretty fucking fast with Elemental Force/Mongoose daggers and all the other slots. Can't even get a serious full rotation off before a mob will die, and I have the deadly momentum glyph so I can move from one to the next very quickly. And I don't even have any DPS CDs yet.

I'm sure it will slow down once I hit Pandaria though, like everything does.

Rogue was probably the 2nd easiest class for me to level from 85-90, only behind my blood DK who had way better gear than him at 85.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was thinking about faction changing my Hunter since he gets zero play, and that might revitalize it. Probably to a male dwarf or female draenei since they're getting attention in WoD.

Well how decked in heirlooms is your Rogue? I forget how good/bad it was earlier, but at this Northrend level I kill shit pretty fucking fast with Elemental Force/Mongoose daggers and all the other slots. Can't even get a serious full rotation off before a mob will die, and I have the deadly momentum glyph so I can move from one to the next very quickly. And I don't even have any DPS CDs yet.

I'm sure it will slow down once I hit Pandaria though, like everything does.

He kills stuff fast. It's just boring. Autoattack is doing all the work, and he's as decked out as it gets.

Khezu

If I don't use any heirlooms or exp bonuses like guild stuff, or do any dungeons, will I still out level questing zones?

vilmer_

Until next to nothing you mean. ;p
And hose blog entries will be published in small bits through out march and we'll get beta in april to counter ESO like they always do.

I'm now in the acceptance phase.

And then WoD launch right around Wildstar launch. Bank it.

If I don't use any heirlooms or exp bonuses like guild stuff, or do any dungeons, will I still out level questing zones?

Quests will turn green but not grey. It happens more often in TBC/Wrath/Cata zones. The 1-60 questing experience is actually quite balanced and you're unlikely to run out of quests before hitting 58-60, depending on if you finish in Blasted Lands or Silithus.

Khezu

The only really interesting stuff is there desire to remove cooldown power ups, and taking an axe to CC's.

Really need patch notes to know what they removed.

RPGCrazied

That's it? I want more info on zones/questing.

Also a beta date would be nice, even just a window when they want to release it. I don't want another 6 - 7 months with 0 new content.

Khezu

t (Remember, no more haste breakpoints!) Touch of Elune, a new passive which grants 1% Haste at night, 1% Crit during the day.

This sounds kinda familiar.

Wasn't there a leak of a huge change to racial's awhile back and this was a part of it? But it was on MMO champion forums so no one believed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom