• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

The new female Draenei looks great I think.

So does this mean that they're doing them for the WoD launch with the classic races? Or are they going to come further down the line (sorry if this was already asked)?

Peachpies

both draenei and bloodelves are getting the new model but none of the new models are guaranteed to be in at launch, though having them all ready would be the plan.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
both draenei and bloodelves are getting the new model but none of the new models are guaranteed to be in at launch, though having them all ready would be the plan.

Nah they changed that plan a while back. Drae and Belves will have updated models for launch just like the vanilla races.

Shahadan

Apparently Beta Client is up on battle.net. And it actually works too, except from allowing you to play of course. 24Gb or something.
Can't verify at the moment but people are reporting it.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Beta Client is up on battle.net. And it actually works too, except from allowing you to play of course. 24Gb or something.
Can't verify at the moment but people are reporting it.
It was up before the alpha patch notes were made available. I downloaded it day 1. Attempting to log in brings you to a server selection screen where every realm is red (inactive).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
19/20 Secrets. 3 bosses left. No Secret.
iXbs3lJ2xvB7m.gif

TheYanger

There's no way they weren't going for Draenei even though it needed less work, it's like the most popular fucking model in the game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
There's also the little issue of "Draenor is going to have lots of Draenei NPCs and it's going to look odd if they're not ready for launch."

Yeah, I think that's the main motivation. Orcs and Draenei were always going to be two of the launch-ready races.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's no 'trick' with normal Garrosh heirlooms, right? It's just totally random, not based on personal loot or who's in raid or anything like that?

Berordn

There's no 'trick' with normal Garrosh heirlooms, right? It's just totally random, not based on personal loot or who's in raid or anything like that?

It's personal loot, can't be rolled for. The first one you get (per difficulty) is based on your spe (i.e. if you're playing a Priest you might get the Mace, Staff or Off-Hand but never the Bow as your first). Any other heirlooms you get will be random.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ok, so heirlooms ARE personal loot. I haven't killed Garrosh that often due to him not having anything for me other than heirlooms. Thanks.

So ideally if I get a one handed axe on my shaman on normal, I should take my windwalker next time to try to get another 1h axe since it'll be specialized.

Berordn

Ok, so heirlooms ARE personal loot. I haven't killed Garrosh that often due to him not having anything for me other than heirlooms. Thanks.

So ideally if I get a one handed axe on my shaman on normal, I should take my windwalker next time to try to get another 1h axe since it'll be specialized.

Correct, though he might get the polearm instead.

Shahadan

I'm really worried no one is talking about (or asking) something like the Lorewalkers rep in WoD.
It was the best thing ever, especially the mini stories told by Cho.
And for once we didn't have to kill shit. I want that again.

I really need to work on my secrets but it's hard to bring myself back to LFR. I'll get around to it, but I am definitely not going for a third cloak. At least not for awhile.

Dawg

Metzen, you bastard.

He's going Alliance so he can destroy them from the inside. He'll sabotage the team, thus making sure Horde wins.

CassSept

So errrr... yeah. That's like one hell of a weird April Fools that for some inexplicable reason is actually real. I have no earthly idea how to react to this. Blizzard sommersaulted over the shark, that's about as much as comes to my mind.

Doesn't seem to look any different than the current ones :(
It's not but to be honest it didn't need a huge revamp like the vanilla races. It was pretty much perfect and now it looks better. I think we'll be seeing the same treatment done to the Male Draenei and Blood Elf models. They've aged much more gracefully than the others.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But Velen has always looked closer to what a male Draenei should look like. His old model is a million times better than fridge chests we currently have.

CassSept

TBC races will mostly be facial improvements. The models hold up nicely and are light years ahead from vanilla player models, but they are mostly expressionless. Generally I doubt other TBC models will get a major overhaul (well maybe Draenei to bring it more in line with Velen? Dunno), but we can probably expect more detailed wireframe for faces, rather than any sort of major overhaul. Which I'm fine with, belf females still look decent.

Looks like we're gearing up to down Heroic Sha of Pride and Heroic Iron Juggernaut this week. We've had a decent amount of attempts (dozen at most) on Iron Jugg and have gotten fairly close, but I don't think we've ever had the full A-team all present for him. Main problems being a few people dying early to avoidable stuff in P1 causing us to be short on damage, or healers having difficulty in P2, even with multiple raid cooldowns going out.

Heroic Sha of Pride attempts should be...interesting.

I'm mainly looking forward to downing H: Norushen again to hopefully get swords :D Or HWF Bracers. Already have the normal version in WF flavor, so it wouldn't really be worth spending on DKP on the plain variant.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was able to get the name 'Brody' cleared for my Shaman. Inspired by my favorite wrestler ever. Now I'm kinda hoping these guilds on other servers don't ask for me just so I can keep it on my shaman.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Looks like the officer is going to bring me in on some heroics in wing 1. Guess I should watch videos, so I don't fuck up too much.

1up

Well it's begun. Our guild is no longer clearing up to Garrosh. We are saving the raid ID until we get H Garrosh down.

We did make it to phase 3 for the first time last night though. Still haven't seen phase 4 yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom