• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

Looks like the officer is going to bring me in on some heroics in wing 1. Guess I should watch videos, so I don't fuck up too much.

Wings 1 and 2 aren't dramatically different over normal, though there's some wild strategies out there for dealing with new mechanics.

TheYanger

Well it's begun. Our guild is no longer clearing up to Garrosh. We are saving the raid ID until we get H Garrosh down.

We did make it to phase 3 for the first time last night though. Still haven't seen phase 4 yet though.

Oh you're close then. TBH we only had to get to P4 a handful of times to kill it. It's consistency in the first 3 that is a real pita.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's a good bis list? None of the individual enhancement threads on EJ or mmo-champ have them, and I know maxdps and things like that are completely wrong. I know where to find it for WW, but I can't find any enhance ones. All I know is assurance+haromm

I got another request for WoD 'stat trimming.' Can we not have so many procs? Like jfc my status bar just fils up with trinkets, passives, etc.

RPGCrazied

I don't care about the bike thing. We already know who is going to win. And I'm still laughing Chris is on the alliance side.

What model do you think will be get a preview of next? I'm going to say Troll. I really want to see how the Blood Elf male turns out. I hope the chest doesn't stick out so much.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't care about the bike thing. We already know who is going to win. And I'm still laughing Chris is on the alliance side.

What model do you think will be get a preview of next? I'm going to say Troll. I really want to see how the Blood Elf male turns out. I hope the chest doesn't stick out so much.

I won't be troll, because they are saving the best for last.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Trolls are one of the least picked races. Trolls definitely aren't their 'best for last.' That will be human males or night elf males as they need it the most.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think my next pre-WoD goal will be to get the CM gear for my Hunter.

Not my original hunter. My female Pandaren Hunter that I'm just now leveling because it looks pretty rad on them, and I've given Blizzard enough money as it is.

I've been thinking about Frost brand for shamans.

Honestly they should just make flame tongue imbue ele only, and make enhance got Windfury/Frostbrand.

This way each shaman spec would have it's own unique imbues, and frostbrand wouldn't always be ignored like it is now, and it would reduce some button clutter.

It's either that or just remove frost brand, which I would hate since we already have too many fire spells and barely any frost ones.

The problem is less about the chest sticking out and more about the shoulders being ridiculously far back which makes it look like the chest is too forward:

bloodelfposturelol1_zps8dcc35b3.jpg

Shit looks dislocated.

I hope they add some more muscle definition as well, belfs are more than buff enough, but they need more definition to look like those from the artworks.

Shahadan

I thought the Belf chest thing conveyed really well the proud/better-than-you trait :lol:
I want to see Nelf male model now. Can't be worse than what I'm playing with atm.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know which setting enables it, but somehow the ordinary skeletons players leave behind after biting the dust have been replaced by tombstones, just like in the Chinese version of World of Warcraft.

wow_1isup0.png

wow_2ooubt.png

wow_3vlull.png

wow_40cuy2.png

I have a slight suspicion that it's the cvar overrideArchive that causes this, as it makes, when enabled, the client load alternate data. I didn't test it though. Anyway, just a peculiar observation, might be of use to someone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there a hunter equivalent of shockandawe that tells me what to use when? Helps me learn my bindings. Shockandawe pretty is just a 'if x then y' I'm looking for something similar.

Slayerx

Played around some more with the sandbox. Spires of Arak dungeon is incredible looking you can also see alliance garrison when in that instance. I am so hyped for this expansion again :/

The bike thing is interesting.

I can always use another bike, go alliance!!!! (unless I join a horde guild for WoD ;p)
I'll be surprised if they don't make both available but maybe the winning faction gets theirs for free.

If not... then whatever. Long as it doesn't turn into another Firefall bus. That thing was hideous.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Really hyped about new cloak skeletons for all the new races. So you can enjoy hiding your cloak because of the god awful clipping, but at least you know it'll be animating like crazy through your clipped weapon!
XOg1nNK.jpg

vilmer_

Played around some more with the sandbox. Spires of Arak dungeon is incredible looking you can also see alliance garrison when in that instance. I am so hyped for this expansion again :/

What did you think of Shadowmoon Valley? I think people's jaws are going to be on the floor at how massive it is and the atmosphere that just oozes out of it.

impMPDbiRXcXJ.bmp

i2jBcnMTjrgqx.bmp

Slayerx

What did you think of Shadowmoon Valley? I think people's jaws are going to be on the floor at how massive it is and the atmosphere that just oozes out of it.

The bits of it where skybox works properly are just wow. In general the whole continent seems massive. I might be wrong but it just feels a lot bigger than Outland? I am somewhat surprised at how big Farahlon is going to be, they are adding an actual zone in a patch not just an island.

I suppose some of the impression of big size comes from Zangar sea or whatever it's called. I wonder if it's going to have any use, like be an underwater zone or anything like that.

rallaren

I was never a fan of outland (dug original WoW much) but might be better this time.

They really shape things up graphical wise to say the least.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every time I get gold together, I just end up blowing it on something like royal satchels.

This is why I shouldn't have alts.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah the Alpha is just a 'friends and family' at the moment, but almost looks like it's a beta considering the amount of stuff that is in there compared to previous betas/alphas.

zychi

Banned
So I'm relatively new to WOW. I've been leveling a Shadow Priest for a while on and off(up to 39 now), but I'm so new, I have no idea how to use a pet as a helper while leveling quests.

Anywhere I can start reading? the WOWwiki and WOW forums are just so overwhelming. I mainly want to level some toons(thats the right term right?) for dungeons, as I'm a big Diablo guy. I watch twitch streamers do Arena but am totally lost on how they've come to get most of the skills they have.

So I'm relatively new to WOW. I've been leveling a Shadow Priest for a while on and off(up to 39 now), but I'm so new, I have no idea how to use a pet as a helper while leveling quests.

Anywhere I can start reading? the WOWwiki and WOW forums are just so overwhelming. I mainly want to level some toons(thats the right term right?) for dungeons, as I'm a big Diablo guy. I watch twitch streamers do Arena but am totally lost on how they've come to get most of the skills they have.

I don't play a Shadow Priest so someone else will have to offer more direct help but a couple things.

When talking about pets are you referring to companion pets? Or a shadow priest's shadowfiend? I looked it up and that unlocks at level 42. And even then it's not like other pets as it only lasts for 12 seconds and has a 3 minute cooldown. There are classes that have combat pets, mainly hunters and warlocks, though there area others with specs that will have a pet (frost mage and one of the DKs?). Shamans can pop elementals to help out, too. As a priest I don't believe you'll get any real pet to have control over so you shouldn't worry about it.

And companion pets are just for looks as they follow you around. Oh, and you can fight Pokemon-like battles with them but that's separate from actual character fights.

And abilities all come simply from leveling. You can see what you have coming up by checking the Spellbook. I don't know the hotkey but the icon should be down in your action bar. You can also gain some abilities based on the talents you pick. And you'll likely have noticed those become available every 15 levels.

zychi

Banned
I don't play a Shadow Priest so someone else will have to offer more direct help but a couple things.

When talking about pets are you referring to companion pets? Or a shadow priest's shadowfiend? I looked it up and that unlocks at level 42. And even then it's not like other pets as it only lasts for 12 seconds and has a 3 minute cooldown. There are classes that have combat pets, mainly hunters and warlocks, though there area others with specs that will have a pet (frost mage and one of the DKs?). Shamans can pop elementals to help out, too. As a priest I don't believe you'll get any real pet to have control over so you shouldn't worry about it.

And companion pets are just for looks as they follow you around. Oh, and you can fight Pokemon-like battles with them but that's separate from actual character fights.

And abilities all come simply from leveling. You can see what you have coming up by checking the Spellbook. I don't know the hotkey but the icon should be down in your action bar. You can also gain some abilities based on the talents you pick. And you'll likely have noticed those become available every 15 levels.

thanks. that actually helped a ton. i've just been aimlessly following quests when i play

Ultratech

thanks. that actually helped a ton. i've just been aimlessly following quests when i play

As far as leveling up goes, don't stay in one place for too long.
Leveling has been streamlined, so you're be busting through areas pretty quickly and quickly outleveling the stuff there.
Additionally, there's other ways to get experience if you get tired of doing quests.

Doing random dungeons isn't a bad idea since they almost always have quests you can pick up at the entrance to get some very nice EXP and gear.

As for more info for Shadow Priests (I don't play one really) or just whatever, here's some links:
howtopriest.com - Good stuff on Priests in general
MMOChampion Priest Forums
r/wow (Reddit)

Kingbrave

I just set up my kid an account. I'm not sure what kind of monster/addict I've created...but it should be fun teaching him stuff. In fact it's helping me enjoy leveling and experiencing the levels again.

*sigh*

Some raid team turmoil going on. Hard to acquire and keep people this long into the expac plus discussions of extending raid hours/days (probably going to extend an hour or half hour each night).

Already running shorter on the roster than you'd like. Hopefully things don't implode, but if they did, I probably wouldn't mind taking time off until WoD. As it is I'm mostly just logging on to raid now. Would want to knock out CM Gold modes before then though.

ampere

http://i.minus.com/impMPDbiRXcXJ.bmp[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i2jBcnMTjrgqx.bmp

That second one... man I am a huge sucker for skyboxes with large celestial bodies.

Hnnnnnnnng

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the screenshots that were included in the PAX East press kit:

wow_6a3ls5.png

wow_6_2bkx3l.png

wow_6_34qaz4.png

wow_6_4l8y39.png

wow_6_5zuxim.png

wow_6_6xty97.png

wow_6_7bzxxt.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Second(and last) CM set done.
x1txFwQ.png

Got the Crimson Phoenix, so now I've got the Crimson and Violet ones. I like the bear head lighting up, but I don't understand why the other shoulder leaks golden gas or whatever. Looks really out of place and doesn't fit that particular shoulder texture.

Also, Foxes should really give the attack speed buff. Hyena doesn't fit a Pandaren at all, but a fox totally does.

darksagus

Been stuck on Siegecrafter the past month, finally got him down after changing our strategy. Then went on to kill paragons after 3 attempts, and now working on Garrosh finally.

Fjordson

Second(and last) CM set done.
x1txFwQ.png

Got the Crimson Phoenix, so now I've got the Crimson and Violet ones. I like the bear head lighting up, but I don't understand why the other shoulder leaks golden gas or whatever. Looks really out of place and doesn't fit that particular shoulder texture.

Also, Foxes should really give the attack speed buff. Hyena doesn't fit a Pandaren at all, but a fox totally does.
Damn, grats! I really want to try and get the hunter gear.

bcl0328

question: so if i pre-order wod, i also need to buy mop right? haven't played since cata. reading this thread might rope me back in. but if i have to buy both then i probably won't play.

Berordn

question: so if i pre-order wod, i also need to buy mop right? haven't played since cata. reading this thread might rope me back in. but if i have to buy both then i probably won't play.

You'd have to buy MoP, yeah. It'll likely keep dropping in price before release, so you might be able to grab it at firesale prices.

bcl0328

You'd have to buy MoP, yeah. It'll likely keep dropping in price before release, so you might be able to grab it at firesale prices.

alright that doesn't sound too bad then.

also, is this game more solo friendly now? i don't feel like joining a guild and my friends don't play so i would probably get to 100, do some 5-mans, then heroics, and so on.

can i do that? then just use LFR (i don't even know how this works) and get geared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom