• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Far Sight is amazing for PVP and for farming rares.
Have you looked at their droprate on Wowhead? It's like half of what Warforged gear's drop rate is. Once I saw that, acquiring them was quickly removed from my Pally's WoD bucket list.

I really don't know why they're not legendary.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Starting to think none of the new race reveals are going to top female orcs. Holy shit, I want them in the game right now.

Yeah, some of the healing things seem a bit weird as a damage dealing spec. Though I've seen blue posts talking about cutting down ability bloat and making specs more focused so I'm guessing enhance will be cleaned up a bit in WoD.

Also, I have unleashed elements for my sixth tier ability. I know that, if possible, you should only refresh flame shock when you have the buff from unleashed elements, but I don't need to wait for the flame shock cooldown to use unleashed elements right? I should just use that as soon as it's off cooldown since I think it gives you a windfury buff or something.

I believe enhance is losing one healing option? I never use Chain Heal but we have that as an option, don't we? Maybe not. Regardless, I do seem to recall we're losing some heal. And I think Healing Tide Totem might be removed? Or resto only? Eh, don't know.

As for flame shock I honestly don't worry too much if a fight is too hectic but ideally you only cast flame shock once every other unleash elements from what I remember. Since unleash elements has a 15s cooldown and the DoT from flame shock lasts for 30 seconds (can't recall if this is a glyph or standard now) you'll do a UE, then FS, and then earth shocks. Your next UE comes up which you'll use with a lava lash, more earth shocks, and then UE and FS should be ready to reset the DoT. It's a fair bit to keep track of and if there's adds I never bother focusing on this but occasionally in a single target fight that doesn't require anything too crazy I'll aim to do this properly. I play relatively light with add-ons but I'm sure there's something out there that can help out with doing this all properly.

Velcro Fly

My sub runs out on Monday.

At some point between now and then or maybe later on in the week on my free account I'm going to get another 600 HKs which would give me 100k on my account. After that I'm logging out and uninstalling and it's see you later game. I will have done everything I've wanted to and I'll have nothing left. A long time ago I told myself get a Lucky Fishing Hat from the fishing contest and get 100k lifetime kills for the title. I got the hat a while ago and now I'll grind out the remaining kills.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just download shockandawe to learn your rotations. And you should have plenty of chances to refresh flame shock since there's a lot of non-mw lb filler and you should have weakened armor up on most mobs in raids

Fjordson

Just download shockandawe to learn your rotations. And you should have plenty of chances to refresh flame shock since there's a lot of non-mw lb filler and you should have weakened armor up on most mobs in raids
Thanks, I'll download that and try it out.

I believe enhance is losing one healing option? I never use Chain Heal but we have that as an option, don't we? Maybe not. Regardless, I do seem to recall we're losing some heal. And I think Healing Tide Totem might be removed? Or resto only? Eh, don't know.

As for flame shock I honestly don't worry too much if a fight is too hectic but ideally you only cast flame shock once every other unleash elements from what I remember. Since unleash elements has a 15s cooldown and the DoT from flame shock lasts for 30 seconds (can't recall if this is a glyph or standard now) you'll do a UE, then FS, and then earth shocks. Your next UE comes up which you'll use with a lava lash, more earth shocks, and then UE and FS should be ready to reset the DoT. It's a fair bit to keep track of and if there's adds I never bother focusing on this but occasionally in a single target fight that doesn't require anything too crazy I'll aim to do this properly. I play relatively light with add-ons but I'm sure there's something out there that can help out with doing this all properly.
Ah, that makes sense.

At first I thought UE only buffed flame shock damage so I thought it was pointless when FS was on cooldown, but I think I got it now.

Westlo

At some point between now and then or maybe later on in the week on my free account I'm going to get another 600 HKs which would give me 100k on my account. After that I'm logging out and uninstalling and it's see you later game. I will have done everything I've wanted to and I'll have nothing left. A long time ago I told myself get a Lucky Fishing Hat from the fishing contest and get 100k lifetime kills for the title. I got the hat a while ago and now I'll grind out the remaining kills.

*5 years later*

Finally I'm nearly @ 200k honor kills, once that happens I'm uninstalling and it's over, for real.

Dawg

god damn I swam all the way to that huge boat in Thousand Needles and then found out you need to have a certain quest before you can start quests there.

Luckily I have the FP now.

Also, anyone know a good spot to farm tin/copper? My blacksmithing is slacking behind.

Whooter

See you when WoD releases! ;)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They'll recreate Onslaughter armor for tier 17, and it'll somehow have more spikes on it.

Best warrior tier ever anyways. The current PVP set is pretty cool though.

Anyone else scared about some of the gear changes?

I hate competing for gear in guild raids, I'm pretty passive and non-confrontational almost always pass on a piece of gear if someone else in the guild needs it unless it's a weapon/trinket or if I need it for transmog or if I don't like/know them.

So I really don't think I'll be doing any organized raiding if this goes through.

Just the thought having to compete against 20 people for a ring/cape/neck piece of gear gives me a heebie jeebies.

IMO Agility weapons should stay agility, caster weapons should be caster, str weapons should be str. Having str, agi and int users vying for a the same weapon would be horrible. Same for necks/capes/rings.

Normal pugs are especially gonna be hilarious.

Rösti;108836358 said:
Luckily you will be able to use the personal loot system introduced with Raid Finder.

I mean the old normal not the old flex.

As in the new heroic, not the new normal.

Unless I'm mistake personal loot will only be in the new normal/old flex and not the new heroic/old normal right?

Fjordson

I mean the old normal not the old flex.

As in the new heroic, not the new normal.

Unless I'm mistake personal loot will only be in the new normal/old flex and not the new heroic/old normal right?
Raider leader can switch loot to the personal loot system for Heroic/old normal if they choose. Either that or just regular drops, with the number of drops scaling with your raid size.

Mythic is the only difficulty without the option to use the personal loot system.

Raider leader can switch loot to the personal loot system for Heroic/old normal if they choose. Either that or just regular drops, with the number of drops scaling with your raid size.

Mythic is the only difficulty without the option to use the personal loot system.

Oh, that makes me feel a lot better.

Thanks.

Still don't like weapons having agi, int and str. Might as well just remove all 3 stats and put in a stat called PVEpower or something that benefits everyone.

StayDead

Had a cool surprise today.

EDIT: Ignore my terrible bag management.

pvlZXdL.jpg

rNJktho.jpg

Dawg

I asked my little brother if he could spare a bag or two because I hardly have space on my alt.

He gave me 10K gold because he couldn't be arsed to just buy some bags.

What the actual fuck. Now my alt has half the money my main has.

itxaka

Defeatist
Umm, so I just upgraded my account to Pandaria after a year of not playing....what Im supposed to do? I can't find any quests or anything with my level 85 warrior. Any pointers on what should I do to find Pandaria quests?

Berordn

Umm, so I just upgraded my account to Pandaria after a year of not playing....what Im supposed to do? I can't find any quests or anything with my level 85 warrior. Any pointers on what should I do to find Pandaria quests?

You should automatically have a quest at level 85 in your faction's capital city to go to Grommash Hold/Stormwind Keep to begin the Pandaria Questline.

itxaka

Defeatist
You should automatically have a quest at level 85 in your faction's capital city to go to Grommash Hold/Stormwind Keep to begin the Pandaria Questline.

I don't have one. I kind of remember doing the introductory quest with some promotion that gave me a trial of pandaria.

But now, I can't find either the quest nor a portal or any ship to there. Ugh.

Berordn

I don't have one. I kind of remember doing the introductory quest with some promotion that gave me a trial of pandaria.

Both capitals have a small Pandaria... district thingy. In the Valley of Honor for the Horde and next to the Cataclysm portals for Alliance. There should be a portal there.

Tamanon

Banned

Portal should be near the new Pandaman quartermaster in SW/Org if you did the intro quest already.

Thanks for the reminder about the fishing tourney btw. Did it today and got first place easy. Just needed the line though, so third place would have sufficed, but whatever. Have everything now with an upgraded Arcanite Pole. Still not "Salty" though lol.

Dawg

Why was it so easy to get the fishing tourney today?

I might be missing the point since I play on Twisting Nether (EU), a server which is always overpopulated.

Berordn

I might be missing the point since I play on Twisting Nether (EU), a server which is always overpopulated.

On emptier servers, they'd likely be less busy because it's Easter Sunday. Superbowl Sunday is typically a good day too.

Did 1-10 brawlers guild for the mount today just incase.

Kind of hilarious how gear basically completely trivializes it, and Insane enhance burst probably helps.

Died twice on hexos and one on that draenei paladin guy.

I remember dying way more on battletron alone back when they first came out, having a hard time, tryin 2 survive yet meeting the enrage. Was much more fun. Hell I think the reason I didn't finish it back then was because I gave up because I couldn't beat that one trampoline bear card boss.

I hope they implement the Challenge mode gear scale down thing for WoD's challenge mode.

It was still fun though, I really like the community it fosters, always got invited to groups for buffs, would banter during queues and give those that died tips.

Ultratech

Easter and 4/20.

If they're not hunting eggs or hanging with family, well...

You get a mount for brawlers guild?

Yup. If you beat all the Ranked fights (Basically hit Rank 10), you can buy a Brawler's Burly Mushan Beast from the vendor there.

Did 1-10 brawlers guild for the mount today just incase.

Kind of hilarious how gear basically completely trivializes it, and Insane enhance burst probably helps.

Died twice on hexos and one on that draenei paladin guy.

I remember dying way more on battletron alone back when they first came out, having a hard time, tryin 2 survive yet meeting the enrage. Was much more fun. Hell I think the reason I didn't finish it back then was because I gave up because I couldn't beat that one trampoline bear card boss.

I hope they implement the Challenge mode gear scale down thing for WoD's challenge mode.

It was still fun though, I really like the community it fosters, always got invited to groups for buffs, would banter during queues and give those that died tips.
You get a mount for brawlers guild?

Zeppeli

Banned
Bought Warlords and resubbed...

Don't forget you're here forever etc

If anyone wants to play, I'm an Orc Prot Warrior. PM me your btag since I don't have mine memorized yet and I'm on mobile anyways.

Got my second BoA from flex Garrosh, although I wish it was something more useful. Got the spell caster shield. Can use it on my holy pally but I desperately need a new weapon on him (using the crafted 463 one which stupidly can't be upgraded).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been really lazy about killing Garrosh. Think I've done it once on normal and once on flex. Just hate that fight, but I need to work on BoAs.

ampere

Oh, that makes me feel a lot better.

Thanks.

Still don't like weapons having agi, int and str. Might as well just remove all 3 stats and put in a stat called PVEpower or something that benefits everyone.
Weapons/offhands/jewelry/trinkets/cloaks won't have all stats, only armor slots will. So things are less bad than you think :p

llamarawk

So I'm Rollin a monk lvl 61 right now and see how they own with all the stun and heals but findin them kinda tricky to use. Any pointers/rotations/action bars recommended would b appreciated?

Dawg

I love leveling my warrior, but is it normal I only use like three skills?

I mainly use Mortal Strike, with a slam every now and then. Execute on bosses/difficult enemies and Victory Rush if available.

Level 42 btw. (Arms)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom