• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
I love leveling my warrior, but is it normal I only use like three skills?

I mainly use Mortal Strike, with a slam every now and then. Execute on bosses/difficult enemies and Victory Rush if available.

Level 42 btw. (Arms)

Nah, that's pretty close for now. You'll get Colossus Smash at 81 which changes the playstyle up a bit, by making you pool rage. And you'll get cooldowns as you get up there.

Dawg

Nah, that's pretty close for now. You'll get Colossus Smash at 81 which changes the playstyle up a bit, by making you pool rage. And you'll get cooldowns as you get up there.

Aight. I still love playing my warrior, feels like a real powerhouse when leveling. I just wasn't sure if I was using everything :p

Tamanon

Banned
So I'm Rollin a monk lvl 61 right now and see how they own with all the stun and heals but findin them kinda tricky to use. Any pointers/rotations/action bars recommended would b appreciated?

Get your tiger power and your rising sun kick up. Keep them up. Might want a buff timer addon to remind you initially. I use Raven personally but there are dozens.

Kingbrave

I love leveling my warrior, but is it normal I only use like three skills?

I mainly use Mortal Strike, with a slam every now and then. Execute on bosses/difficult enemies and Victory Rush if available.

Level 42 btw. (Arms)

I just rolled one today to level with my son and help him learn the game and I was wondering the same thing. I'm only 20 though.

Doing Garrosh flex for my first time before my sub ends this week. Is it a guaranteed BoA drop the first time you kill him or RNG just like everything else?

StayDead

I really hate flex and LFR. I'm still switching to balance in the hope to get into the guild I'm in as a social but my gears still bad and after playing healer for 6 years my DPS skill I used to have as a mage is gone. I'm fed up of the people in LFR but people won't let you into flex groups until you already have flex gear, how am I supposed to do that without doing flex? damn people X_X

I'm just getting back into my 85 prot pally, I totally forgot how to play this guy.

I'm reading a few guides, but any prot pallies wanna list how they have their most used hotkeys (avengers shield, consecration, etc) laid out?

Ultratech

Should be RNG. I think the only guarantee is that it will match your spec if it's your first one.

I read up on this some time back and basically, the Heirlooms have Bad Luck Protection on them (and this is by difficulty too, so doing Normal and Flex in the same week doesn't mess with that).

So one way or another, your chances of getting them keep going up if they don't drop.
And yes, the first Heirloom you get on a character is determined by whatever loot spec you have on at the time.

So say for example if you're a Frost DK with loot spec set to Frost, you're getting either the 2H Axe or 1H Sword.
If you wanted to rig your chances, you'd swap loot spec to Blood for the guaranteed 2H Axe.

Once again though, that's set by difficulty, so if you get your weapon of Flex, that won't affect your chances on Normal.

So say Mr. Frost DK from above got his weapon from Flex, then the first Heirloom he gets off Normal would still be tied to his loot spec (and then it's random after that).

sqwarlock

I've only logged in like twice in the last two weeks. I want to play, but I'm so burnt out. Hopefully 6.0 will lead to my guild running flex normals/heroics and I'll definitely be back for that.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
What's with the Mail LFR set? Is LFR no longer going to give tier pieces?

LFR and 5 man heroics give the same ilevel of gear, so no probably not anymore.

There's only 2 colors of raid tier coming out and 3 tiers of 'raiding' in WoD not including LFR. So I guess Normal and heroic will share a color but different stats, and mythic will be the alt color.

Unless more colors are forthcoming. Right now 2 seems a little low even with LFR not giving it out anymore. They usually get a NPC only color as well.

mclem

Yep.
JrB9a5z.jpg

Ready for new models.

Why is the armour looking better? I hadn't heard anything about upgrades on that front.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gladiator stance makes me want a sword and board melee dps class
Why is the armour looking better? I hadn't heard anything about upgrades on that front.

Could just be the quality of the previewer on wowdb against my own in-game settings. Don't know for sure. I imagine the textures have to be 'unlocked' to look less muddy with the wider array of animations though.

Enosh

What's with the Mail LFR set? Is LFR no longer going to give tier pieces?
WoD is shaping up to be the expansion about returning to exclusivity so expect a lot of shitting on LFR etc, they are trying to gut it so the evil lfr players won't get worse gear with similar looks because it hurt some peoples egos that they didn't get to be special little snowflakes anymore and that people who they considered to be scrubs got similar gear to them

don't care about it on my main since I do heroics on it atm, but fucking sucks for my alts since it's a nice place to get tier for transmog, some set bonuses and trinkets are fun etc, honestly sit like this is making me debate if I should get WoD at all as it is

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WoD's new Ogre models just pour salt in my wounds.

'Why aren't you playable?!' I say. Goblins, Orcs, Ogres. All I ever wanted to be playable. Maybe next expansion...

I think my favorite thing about that set, and it's really underappreciated, is that it's the first set I've seen with a proper kilt style thing going on. Not a dress and not pants. It looks like an actual kilt.

CassSept

Needs more blades.

Seriously though, spinning blades. Wow. I thought Blizzard can't cram any more blades on warrior tier sets, but seems I was wrong.

Robin64

Really does look like something you'd get from fighting the Iron Horde and taking their stuff, mind. I like it. Not as much as the Paladin one, but still.

Seems poor LFR scrubs aren't even getting tier-lookalikes this time and have to make do with different designs shared between armor class. This is the mail one:

Fjordson

WoD is shaping up to be the expansion about returning to exclusivity so expect a lot of shitting on LFR etc, they are trying to gut it so the evil lfr players won't get worse gear with similar looks because it hurt some peoples egos that they didn't get to be special little snowflakes anymore and that people who they considered to be scrubs got similar gear to them
Yeah, I never understand why people hate things like LFR. Like I see it on the forums a lot and I'll look at their armory page. Usually like 578 item level with a bunch of heroic experience. Why do these people care about LFR when they're clearly already raiding at a much higher level? LFR may technically drop epics and tier pieces, but it's still nothing next to your average piece of heroic loot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly, I think LFR is just redundant. Flex is quicker and easier due to everyone being accountable. If you can't find a flex group, you just look around on openraid for beginner flexs.

Only reason I do LFR at this point is for cloak stuff.

CassSept

Wait, wouldn't that retractable saw cut your shoulders when it's spinning? I know it's fantasy and all but looking at it's positoning and the radii of the saws it seems as if that would be one painful shoulderpads to wear.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wait, wouldn't that retractable saw cut your shoulders when it's spinning? I know it's fantasy and all but looking at it's positoning and the radii of the saws it seems as if that would be one painful shoulderpads to wear.

Well the blades are retractable, maybe there's a 'catch' in the guard so they retract in?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watch how it goes in. It folds in.
CeFjNEP.gif

edit: My guild is 10/14H now. Downed Spoils last night. I wasn't there, but I figured that'd be an easy one. Thok's next.

JCizzle

Honestly, I think LFR is just redundant. Flex is quicker and easier due to everyone being accountable. If you can't find a flex group, you just look around on openraid for beginner flexs.

Only reason I do LFR at this point is for cloak stuff.

What if I'm on an alt and want to run at 8am Saturday morning. LFR has plenty of uses for lots of people.

I only used LFR to get transmog gear.

I'm going to miss it for that.

Because lmao that garbage lfr mail set. How much more can you get shit on than having to wear that.

JCizzle

You can do a flex then. Again, you'd probably find a group quicker too.

I doubt there are beginning flexes that run 24/7 with anywhere near the success rate of LFR. If you prefer flex that's great, I just don't see why they need to gut LFR to keep doing what you're doing.

Fjordson

Yeah, getting into LFR is much quicker sometimes than Flex. Especially on my healer.

And no LFR would make gearing up my alts a real pain. I have no interest in a raiding guild and I rarely see flex groups taking people under 530 on my server. Starting in LFR is nice to sort of get used to things at 90 and to get up around 530-535 item lvl.

Entropia

No One Remembers
edit: My guild is 10/14H now. Downed Spoils last night. I wasn't there, but I figured that'd be an easy one. Thok's next.

Your guild passed mine! We just started Spoils on Wednesday but didn't get a chance to try on Sunday. Hopefully we can clear to it tonight and get working on it all night Wednesday.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So after getting gold on all my challenge modes I basically "soft quit" WoW as there was nothing that interested me left to do.

However I was just hanging around and toying with the idea of rolling a Dwarf Death Knight. Opinions?

How are each of the specs at the moment? From what I know Frost is pretty middle ground and blood is pretty strong for tanking, but I know almost nothing about unholy.

Two handed or dual wield? Which is superior? How gear dependent is the class compared to Mages?

If anyone can help that'd be great!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Your guild passed mine! We just started Spoils on Wednesday but didn't get a chance to try on Sunday. Hopefully we can clear to it tonight and get working on it all night Wednesday.

I'm hoping to get in on the first 4 bosses again tonight. Running out of things to get in normal, the only thing holding me back now is the lack of a cloak. Tired of sitting on the bench and having to pug normals.

I don't care if I'm benched on progression fights, but I wanna get in on some more shit we got on farm.

1up

11% P4 on Heroic Garrosh. If our iron star kiter was 1 second later instead of early we would have killed him.

Trying again tonight! Really excited to raid.

Wow. They keep upping the price.

Welp. That settles it, WoD isn't coming out until late November or December. :/
Yep. 6 more months of Siege!

I wonder what they're going to announce this year. WoD would be coming out around then so we'll probably just get a patch roadmap or something. I just don't want another year of "GEEK IS...." stalling from Metzen.

daedalius

warT17Red.jpg

Warrior T17.

Animated:

jylujf.gif

I like.

Thinking about re subbing to mostly do brawlers and some arena with my friends.

I wish I liked battlegrounds as much as I used to in wrath, seems like everything just takes too long now. If rather kill times were closer to moba's, I think they were in wrath.

Robin64

Mostly I want to know what the problem with letting LFR scrubs have a tier-alike set was? You already can't get achievements, titles, mounts and pets in LFR, was that not enough?

(And yeah, I use LFR. I have no idea when I can play and how much I can commit, so I like to log on and hit a button to be in a group. With the amount of times I've been part of a wipe, I can't honestly say that LFR is "easy", either)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom