• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading about the abandoned cities of Wow and holy nostalgia. Makes me want to resub and buy the new expansions.

Nope.
Won't.
Cant
Fuck you wow piece of shit
NO.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny that WoW is all about the 'bring the player not the class' shit

You post a video of your heroic Thok kill without a Holy Paladin. i'd love to see it.

You post a video of your heroic Thok kill without a Holy Paladin. i'd love to see it.

It boggles my mind that Blizzard still thinks 'constant pushback/interruption on casters' is a valid raid mechanic in 2014. They said it sucked in Sunwell and now it's back in full force in SoO. Once we're back in Draenor I'm going to see bleed-immune, nature-immune bosses aren't i?

Entropia

No One Remembers
It boggles my mind that Blizzard still thinks 'constant pushback/interruption on casters' is a valid raid mechanic in 2014. They said it sucked in Sunwell and now it's back in full force in SoO. Once we're back in Draenor I'm going to see bleed-immune, nature-immune bosses aren't i?

I'd legit lol at a Fire, Frost or Shadow immune boss.

StMeph

At the rate World of WarCraft and Diablo are converging, I wouldn't be surprised.

Garrosh Hellscream
Horde Nightmarish Vortex Desecrator

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I don't mind it so much as melee dps because I get to go 'oh you don't get to do your dps for a while? how awful' as i run through armageddon to just hit dark shaman

mclem

They're more rigid when it comes to heroic kills, on the assumption that people progressing through heroics *have* the ability to pick and choose the characters they want.

(Although: Why holy, specifically? I assume you're talking devotion aura, here?)

Edit: Oh, bubble, of course.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They're more rigid when it comes to heroic kills, on the assumption that people progressing through heroics *have* the ability to pick and choose the characters they want.

(Although: Why holy, specifically? I assume you're talking devotion aura, here?)

Yeah, we have a prot paladin, but it'd be great to have a Holy Paladin for that fight for his devo. Our main healers are usually shaman, druid, and priest. I think we may have a MW too, but I never see them on.

mclem

Yeah, we have a prot paladin, but it'd be great to have a Holy Paladin for that fight for his devo. Our main healers are usually shaman, druid, and priest. I think we may have a MW too, but I never see them on.

I strongly expect them to balance Mythic on the expectation of 'at least one of everything'. That said, there's also heavy reductions in raid cooldowns on the way by the looks of things, so they won't be balancing fights on the expectations of having X of them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really wish they didn't take my healing tide away.

Edit: Looks like we're going to attempt Glory to the Org run tonight. Only one I'm really worried about is Sha and Juggernaut. Gonna have to download that achievement addon.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I strongly expect them to balance Mythic on the expectation of 'at least one of everything'. That said, there's also heavy reductions in raid cooldowns on the way by the looks of things, so they won't be balancing fights on the expectations of having X of them.

Yup. That's why they chose 20. The raid is guaranteed to have at least one of every class. I remember one of the Devs said something along the lines of like "Mage tanking on High King Maulgar" when they announced Mythc raiding. That may or may not actually happen but it gives you the idea that they are planning to balance raids around tat you will have a Druid, Mage, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, etc. etc..

I really don't like the Temple of Kotmogu battleground.

I don't mind it. It can be a fun shit show sometimes!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
SaberonAll.jpg
I really hope these guys mean they bring back the ZG fist weapons that proc and turn you into a beast person

also lol 'rare mounts'

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder if we'll ever fight Galakrond now that we have this time warp stuff. They're running out of dragons, and we know Blizzard loves dragons.

Hoping for WoD Shaman tiers, Blizzard realizes how great the Dark Shaman set is and decides to take the Shaman tier to a more subtle, darker look similar to some of the witch doctor costumes in Diablo. instead of COLORS, LIGHTNING, FIRE WOOO

StMeph

Wonder if we'll ever fight Galakrond now that we have this time warp stuff. They're running out of dragons, and we know Blizzard loves dragons.

The amazing part combining time travel and lorelol is that nothing has to make any sense or fit any guidelines anymore. If the Hyjal raid was fan service, and the upcoming WoD expansion is a totally different time AND parallel dimension, imagine the possibilities:

- zombie Deathwing, because zombie + dragon = can't lose formula

- see Nozdormu go crazy again, and the invading Infinite Dragonflight literally goes infinite as we fight off an infinite number of crazed Nozdormus from across all time and dimensions

- Sargeras returns, because time travel was his plan all along!

- return to the war of the Ancients, and meet a young, sexually confused Illidan

- Lothar? Medivh? no way. MORE LORTHE'MAR THERON

- Ragnaros, because two whole raids for him is not enough

- Naxxramas, because if Rag can be recycled, then surely a whole raid can, too

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Quite a few companies will have their quarterly conference calls in early May, and Activision Blizzard is among them:

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATVI) intends to release its first quarter 2014 results after the close of the market on Tuesday, May 6, 2014. In conjunction with this release, Activision Blizzard will host a conference call that will be broadcast over the Internet.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (4:30 p.m. Eastern Time)

To listen to the call, please log onto:

http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm

Or dial:

U.S. and Canada: 888-312-9863

International: 719-457-2666

Passcode: 6972116

Anyone planning to dial in to the call should RSVP to Pam Beaver at:

E-mail: PBeaver@activision.com

A presentation corresponding with the conference call will be available in Adobe Acrobat format at http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm. A replay of the call will also be available approximately three hours after the call's conclusion and archived for one year in the Investor Relations section at www.activisionblizzard.com.
Source: http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=841272

Just as a reminder. They will announce new subscription levels (below or above 7.8 million?) and there's a good chance some new information about WoD beta will be given.

Salamando

The amazing part combining time travel and lorelol is that nothing has to make any sense or fit any guidelines anymore. If the Hyjal raid was fan service, and the upcoming WoD expansion is a totally different time AND parallel dimension, imagine the possibilities:

You missed one

- Trolls. Upon finding the well of eternity, they just boarded it up. Trolls expand to the four corners of the world. Azeroth is now all trolls, all the time.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You missed one

- Trolls. Upon finding the well of eternity, they just boarded it up. Trolls expand to the four corners of the world. Azeroth is now all trolls, all the time.

+10000million subs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll buy the 'Garrosh Was Right' alternate universe storyline.

I'd actually love to do a quest where you become a Fel Orc like in BC and help Grom fight the Legion in BC after turning your back to them. I just really want a Fel Orc questchain to turn into one.

Berordn

I'll buy the 'Garrosh Was Right' alternate universe storyline.

I'd actually love to do a quest where you become a Fel Orc like in BC and help Grom fight the Legion in BC after turning your back to them. I just really want a Fel Orc questchain to turn into one.

Add in some way to play a forest troll and I'll cosign.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I did it. I finally beat Flex Garrosh. No BoAs. :(
Good job. I'm trying to beat Garrosh Normal, but most groups on OpenRaid require Ahead of the Curve: Garrosh Hellscream and an item level of 560+ (I'm currently at 559 equipped). Makes it a tad difficult.

Chris R

For the boost do both professions boost to 600? It says "Primary" and that has me thinking only one profession will get the boost :(

Going to boost a rogue after I get them to 60 in a day or two...

To be fair - Garrosh is still a finnicky encounter even if you overgear it. The margin of error for execution mistakes is small. Compounded by the fact that the whole encounter is ~10 minutes and the run back is on the longer side to recover from a wipe.

Fjordson

Rösti;109519693 said:
Good job. I'm trying to beat Garrosh Normal, but most groups on OpenRaid require Ahead of the Curve: Garrosh Hellscream and an item level of 560+ (I'm currently at 559 equipped). Makes it a tad difficult.
Yeah, pugs on my server are the same way. Even though I got up to 562 item lvl, it was still super difficult to get into Garrosh groups without Ahead of the Curve.

I got lucky one night and downed it in a pug I got invited to. And once you have the achievement it becomes super easy to get invited to groups.

For the boost do both professions boost to 600? It says "Primary" and that has me thinking only one profession will get the boost :(

Going to boost a rogue after I get them to 60 in a day or two...
Both primary professions. It's pretty great. I boosted my shaman and am maxed in enchanting and engineering.

Haven't seen Strafer for a while now, btw.

Perm ban or...?
Wondering that also. I miss his Evangeline Lilly avatars =[

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Another blue post up on mmo-champion about no flying.

They sound like they REALLY don't want flying in Draenor at all. I hope they get that.

StayDead

I miss doing my weekly Gruul's lair. Seeing that fucker grow bigger and bigger and having to avoid those falling rocks... I enjoyed that fight. I also loved the general tone and music in Blade's Edge. There was something hardcore about it.

Blade's Edge Mountains theme

The ogres were and are the best things about the Warcraft universe so BEM was always my favourite zone.

Mage tanking though made me feel like a total boss.

Peachpies

holy paladins and Devotion Aura in general aren't that great for thok, if you can manage to stop casting for all his other roars then being able to stop for the 2-3 covered by the devo aura aren't going to be a problem and if you need the devo to not get interupted than you dont really have a chance the rest of the time.
I deleted the video and cant seem to recover it but here is a log of heroic thok with no paladins http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8y9Q73DgnFLB1zmT#fight=37

Majine

Banned
Their reasoning for no flying is sound, but it makes you wonder why they did it in the first place. Different people back in TBC I guess, but...

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Their reasoning for no flying is sound, but it makes you wonder why they did it in the first place. Different people back in TBC I guess, but...

With the exception of ghostcrawler coming in at WotLK and leaving after MoP, the core design team is 100% the same.

That's why its hilarious whenever the blame is shifted to the developers. It's literally the same exact people who made the game your nostalgia goggles are fogging over as now.

Flying isn't going to be around until 6.1 for the same reason it wasn't in until 70/80/90, to give time to people for experiencing the world without just skipping all over it. The leveling is going to be faster this time around though, so instead of unlocking at 100 it's going to be a patch when most people will be 100, so no world pvp ganking or skipping around dailies and stuff.

Not being able to fly in Northrend or Pandaria would suck because of how god-awful some of the flight paths are. If anything like that exists in Draenor people will basically riot, nobody likes taking more than 3-4 minutes getting from point A to point B. I won't miss my flying mount as long as it's not a repetitive, lengthy chore to revisit areas I'm expected to spend time in daily (i.e. Garrisons, new capitals, etc). If the goal is to make me spend more time outside of a capital city and actually exploring the new content on foot then that had better be more enjoyable than 'go get me 6 pig livers, kill 15 cat-dudes and then harvest your crops.'

Kinda random question but

How do I get the pet turtle who have a speedy name in april 30? It is hard to get?

I want to resub just for getting it

Dot50Cal

Banned
Those tiger models... really.. reusing the worgen model again.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Its become a joke at this point. If developers that are much smaller, and much less financed can do better, Blizzard sure as hell can. Especially with how long things are taking. Its like they've become fat and bloated.

Whooter

How do I get the pet turtle who have a speedy name in april 30? It is hard to get?

I believe it comes from completing the Children's Week quest involving carting an orphan around to different sights.

Ultratech

To be fair - Garrosh is still a finnicky encounter even if you overgear it. The margin of error for execution mistakes is small. Compounded by the fact that the whole encounter is ~10 minutes and the run back is on the longer side to recover from a wipe.

Yup.

If one person dies too early or messes up, it can be disastrous or very difficult to recover from.

Especially on the last parts of the fight since if you don't time your interrupts right or get the MCs down fast enough, GG.

I assume you're talking about Children's Week?

Just do the quests for that, lug your kid around to a bunch of spots, and tada!

New Recruit-a-friend mount?

That's what it looks like...although could they something else beside the horse model?

I swear, there's enough of those things around as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom