• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Something tells me there will be a M. Night Shamalamadingdong twist. This won't be an alternate past, but the real past and Thrall was just the local drunk making up stories, and one of the stories was Thrall kicking ass with Grom. What a fraud!!!

You never played Warcraft 3 did you?

Wrath > Vanilla = Cata = WoD > MoP > TBC

They're all fantastic, though, and TBC made up for having the worst cinematic by being the best expansion.

How can you not like MoP's cinematic more than vanilla and TBC, which are just montages? MoP's has so much character and perfectly set up what the expansion was going to be all about.

I mean the entire set up to this expansion is whatever. I'll totally accept it needing to exist if this just somehow leads us into another Burning Legion expansion after. GIMME MOAR DEMONS BLIZZ.

Magnus

ibstmotMWgR18d.gif

ilWMQT5G2PnCl.gif

"Times change."

This. So fucking awesome.

Boogdud

Yeah everyone sounding like Chris Metzen and orcs orcs orcs and their muddy huts is a huge upgrade :p

Touché

But can we finally admit that Pandaria was the "We finally caved to the 10,000 fans that post 5,000,000 posts about wanting to play as Pandarians every time we hint at an expansion because we're out of ideas" expansion?

Too soon? I guess we have 3 more months to go...

Imagine if Illidan has shown up :D

The lack of Mannoroth and blood-crazed orcs reduces the pressure on the invasion of Kalimdor, meaning nobody gets desperate enough to release Illidan from prison in the first place and a full-strength Cenarius/Malfurion can handle things on their own.

Magnus

I'm actually excited at the prospect of dead villains returning via alt-universe counterparts, even if it would be a bit lazy.

Archimonde plz!!

Also, lmfao at a dead Leeroy Jenkins NPC in one of the dungeons; I hope that's in the final.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they're involving the Legion, Mannoroth is way too important to the Orc aspect of the Legion interaction to not be around. They were basically his pet project. KJ didn't even want to use them.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If they're involving the Legion, Mannoroth is way too important to the Orc aspect of the Legion interaction to not be around. They were basically his pet project. KJ didn't even want to use them.

You are confused.

I suggest reading Rise of the Horde again or something, Kil'jaeden was the one who set the Orcs against the Draenei.

So Guldan is the only corrupted orc right now?

Probably him and a few more Shadowmoon orcs. He's already replaced Ner'Zhul by this point and started up a Shadow Council precursor.

Peachpies

I'm actually excited at the prospect of dead villains returning via alt-universe counterparts, even if it would be a bit lazy.

Archimonde plz!!

Also, lmfao at a dead Leeroy Jenkins NPC in one of the dungeons; I hope that's in the final.
He is, you can resurrect him and he is part of an achievement (helping him get the piece of armor he needed in the video)

Schryver

How can you not like MoP's cinematic more than vanilla and TBC, which are just montages? MoP's has so much character and perfectly set up what the expansion was going to be all about.

I mean the entire set up to this expansion is whatever. I'll totally accept it needing to exist if this just somehow leads us into another Burning Legion expansion after. GIMME MOAR DEMONS BLIZZ.

I agree. How anyone can think Vanilla/TBC cinematics are better than any of the others blows my mind. The variety is cool but the others are way more epic. Although they're almost as good as Catas. This new one is my favorite for sure

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Now I have to decide if the horde chopper is essentially worth $15, as I wouldn't be subbing till 6.0 otherwise. Probably not, I doubt I would end up using it.

Shahadan

Touché

But can we finally admit that Pandaria was the "We finally caved to the 10,000 fans that post 5,000,000 posts about wanting to play as Pandarians every time we hint at an expansion because we're out of ideas" expansion?

No.

antonz

Launch date is a bummer. Leveling wise the content is more or less done and just needs the final polishing.

It seems like they are the farthest behind in art for items etc. Lots of placeholder stuff in effect still

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm hoping by the end we'll have some kind of more proper setup for playable Ogres in the next expansion. They're running out of reasonable races to add, and Ogres should have been in before Pandaren. And the next expansion either has to have new races or a new class because they can only get away with that here due to the new models. And I doubt blizzard wants to implement another class to balance several abilities around.

So two new races and one better be Ogre.

-NeoTB1-

I'll take a thousand zug zugs over white tiger watch over you.

This. I got burned out on MoP faster than any other expansion (I'm sure part of that is due to overall game fatigue... after all, I've been playing since 2004). I can definitely say that I haven't been as hyped for an expansion since WotLK. I'm hoping this rekindles my love for the game.

Magnus

I'm super fucking excited about Ashran. Sounds awesome.

Somehow, during all my on/off playtime over the past decade (JFC), I've never really gotten into PVP. It's just this animal I've never bothered tangoing with, and it's all still a bit foreign to me. I think I'm gonna dive in a bit and see what MoP pvp is like, try out all the BGs, Arenas and other PvP content at least once and get a feel for it.

I'm inclined to do this on my main (priest), even though all pvp experiences have turned me off fast in the past since, well, cloth. I'm so flimsy.

Is Disc the go-to for PVP due to survivability?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Somehow, during all my on/off playtime over the past decade (JFC), I've never really gotten into PVP. It's just this animal I've never bothered tangoing with, and it's all still a bit foreign to me. I think I'm gonna dive in a bit and see what MoP pvp is like, try out all the BGs, Arenas and other PvP content at least once and get a feel for it.

I'm inclined to do this on my main (priest), even though all pvp experiences have turned me off fast in the past since, well, cloth. I'm so flimsy.

Holy kicks the mess out of Disc in most PVP situations.

Fjordson

New cinematic looked amazing. Damn, can't wait for November.

Touché

Even if that was the reasoning behind it, it was one of the best expansions they've done, so meh.

Absurdly slow development process aside, that cinematic was one of Blizz's best in years. Grom is a badass and Mannoroth got fucking destroyed.

Sad thing, I bet less then half the people that watched it have even seen the Warcraft 3 Orc campaign ending cinematic it did an awesome callback to.

Disc is the worst PVP healing spec in the game at 90.

Magnus

Holy kicks the mess out of Disc in most PVP situations.

Wow. When the fuck did that happen?

SRSLY?

Disc is all about survivability, damage prevention, etc. You'd think that'd be king in pvp?

Ultimately, what I like about pvp is that it won't always come down to 1 on 1 duels; strategic thinking can let you get the jump on other players, or you can team with someone to take out 1 player. I imagine I'd be useful as a dpser's pocket healer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom