• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Hey dad, I think you dropped this back in Karazhan

ijvKwhREB20R4.gif

StMeph

I can't see Grom being a bad guy once his son is revealed to be a traitor and a coward by Thrall and Durotan.

Not even his real son though, given the alternate universe + timeline. Garrosh's daddy issues span multiverses. This is some Marvel level shit.

He hasn't even posted, I can only assume he transcended his physical form and has become a being of pure hype.

Yoshi now haunts all the hype trains. :<

StMeph

Also I spoiled myself about the end boss of WoD, its in this interview:

Spoilers and all that. I thought they said it wasn't going to be
an Orc
? I guess they have plenty of time to change it.

Can't view it at work, but I was told it was only revealed to be
an orc
? Not named who it would be. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be
Grom
, but could be
Gul'dan with a Kil'Jaeden phase 3
. Or something.

I just hate Karazhan, the fact you have to do the chess event to even get to the last boss has me not wanting to do it. lol

Chess event is soloable. I can't say I 100% successfully one-shot it every time, but it is pretty easy to solo. My success rate is probably about 67%.

I just take control of the Warlock (Queen) and spam damage at range on the enemy King until it dies. On some occasions I will lose the Queen, and then just switch to other nearby pieces. Usually you're ahead enough in damage to just keep trading and win. Basically never heal.

Before the King moves into the Queen's range you can move some other pieces forward on the board, and they'll auto-engage things with a basic melee attack if there are enemy pieces directly in front of yours.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can't view it at work, but I was told it was only revealed to be
an orc
? Not named who it would be. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be
Grom
, but could be
Gul'dan with a Kil'Jaeden phase 3
. Or something.

he specifically says its
Grom
in the video lol

oh orcs...

StMeph

he specifically says its
Grom
in the video lol

oh orcs...

Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-

Man. Can the
Hellscream family
be milked any harder? I guess we're going to see another
Gorehowl drop
, and
legendary
, finally, to silence the other complaints.

Maybe someone can be wearing
Grom
's face. That technically counts, right?

Tacitus_

Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-

Man. Can the
Hellscream family
be milked any harder? I guess we're going to see another
Gorehowl drop
, and
legendary
, finally, to silence the other complaints.

Maybe someone can be wearing
Grom
's face. That technically counts, right?

Laughing Skull clan! They could carve his face to a skull mask. They're nice like that.

From that video

"Farahlon, it's kind of ambiguous whether or not that is the same kind of area as Ashran, whether it's an island just north of it or whether it is Ashran itself, there are a lot of different ways we can approach that, but we'll have to wait and see."

lolwat. CALLING IT NOW. Farahlon cut. "It was Ashran all along guys!"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am alive.

Something unbelievable happened during Gamescom, involving Bloodborne. Don't want to go into the details, but something something, hype, something something, heart, something something, doctor, something something, relax or suffer the consequences.

I did this on purpose. It was needed. This'll be a recurring thing in the future, for my own safety :)

strafer

I am alive.

Something unbelievable happened during Gamescom, involving Bloodborne. Don't want to go into the details, but something something, hype, something something, heart, something something, doctor, something something, relax or suffer the consequences.

I did this on purpose. It was needed. This'll be a recurring thing in the future, for my own safety :)

Now about the cinematic, did you watch?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Now about the cinematic, did you watch?
Going to right now :3. I've managed to avoid everything so far, I have the Youtube video up. A glass of wine and a piece of bread (just cheese on it) next to me.

I think I'm gonna do it any second now. Just need to make sure I don't explode... I've been close a few times.

strafer

Going to right now :3. I've managed to avoid everything so far, I have the Youtube video up. A glass of wine and a piece of bread (just cheese on it) next to me.

I think I'm gonna do it any second now. Just need to make sure I don't explode... I've been close a few times.

you wont be dissapointed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fucking t15 (or lookalike) gloves / shoulders refuse to drop, stupid ToT

gloves especially theres like 3 lookalikes in the raid!

Yoshichan

TheYanger

Ok Garrisons are pretty cool, cinematic convinced me to finally log into beta.

That shattered Hand cinematic was cool as hell too. Kargoth and Grom have been my favorite since Beyond the Dark Portal came out (Where Grom sounded like a fucking psychopath, shame that's been gone forever).
http://youtu.be/AWr6rpuHKd0?t=1m53s

CassSept

Shit, if realy it's
***Grom***
who is the final boss of the expansion...

They went off the deep end in WoD. A complete 180 to MoP. MoP brought a ton of interesting plotlines to the lore and was quite inventive. WoD is WC2 alternative timeline fanftiction by comparison.

Rhaknar

I'm not buying it. Still think
AU Medivh/Avatar of Sargeras
will be the final boss

why are you spoiling predictions. predictions arent spoilers. they are not facts. people really go overboard with spoiler tags these days

CassSept

I'm not buying it. Still think
AU Medivh/Avatar of Sargeras
will be the final boss

With alternate realities it's everything is possible.

Honestly the biggest kick in the nuts is that they spent the better part of the last decade+ explaining that orcs aren't really that bad...

...only to make orcs bad guys again.

Arc building 101,

Yoshichan

Here's a quote from the MoP cinematic-days - what I think of all the WoW intros. And I take these things seriously. Yes, I know I'm the minority when it comes to Cataclysm but it's the perfect intro in my opinion.
As it stands right now, I love all five intros and I can't really place them in any specific order - but if you put a gun to me head and I had to choose, it would have to look something like this:

Cata (Vanilla nostalgia music + best looking intro) > TBC (nostalgia + Illidan voice acting + perfectly paced) > Wrath (script and music choice was perfect) > MoP (excellently drawn + very different) > Vanilla (the perfect intro for the start of a mmorpg).
Okay so the cinematic starts up and the login screen drums into play. The camera pans up and we see Ashenvale (?), it's beautiful. Suddenly, "Blizzard Entertainment Presents" and this is where I get frustrated. I am one nit-picky motherfucker when it comes to these cinematics and I'm a HUGE fan of how the "Blizzard Entertainment Presents"-text pops up. If you look at the previous five cinematics, they cut the video and focus on the Blizzard-text (usually with some spine-chilling sound-effect). Every intro shows this perfectly, but here's an example that you can click on:

(0:27)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck

It's a pity that they went with this route and I'm hoping that the old style will be present for future cinematics. With this nitpick to the side, we see Gul'dan, the most bad ass orc that Blizzard's ever created, pouring some fine beverage to our beloved orc, Grom. This time however, he refuses. Garrosh 'nods' when Grom looks back at him before pouring it out - so they must've planned this out before-hand. I find it weird that Garrosh was dressed in 'subtle' clothes - would things have turned out differently if they saw father and son on the mountain?

BEST PART INCOMING!
Grom fucking helldives onto Mannoroths forehead and Garrosh saves him from the exploding blast that kills him in WC3. That's absolutely fucking brilliant.

WORST PART INCOMING!
Gul'dan: This... was not our destiny... *sad demonic puppy eyes*

Come the fuck on, Blizzard! Why do you hate my orc Gul so fucking much? Why'd you make him pansy like this? The real Gul'dan wouldn't have spillt the stuff in front of Garrosh. And the worst part about all of this? At this point, Gul'dan isn't aware that he's pussying out to Garrosh - this might've well just been one random fucking orc that Gul'dans 'bowing' to.

WORST PART'S OVER.

Garrosh throws Grom his axe (god, Gorehowl is frikkin' amazing but it looks pale and tiny when a big orc like Grom wields it)!

And then, we get to see Dark Portal. And it's beautiful. The music reaches its peak and for the first time in 10 years, we see the World of Warcraft logo -not 'explode' onto the screen- but rather animate itself in. And... I think I like it? I like the old '*BOOM* World of Warcraft, bitches' more, but this looks sexy no doubt!

Other than that, besides Mannoroth exploding, I'm not getting any nostalgia out of this. Identical to the MoP cinematic, the music is forgettable. Then again, it's much easier to bring out the nostalgia-music in TBC/Wrath/Cata (Illidans theme, Arthas my Son and Azeroth burning while Stormwinds theme rocks in the background).

I'm going to let this cinematic sink in, and I'm also going to rate it in the order I see fit. My old rating was:

Cata > TBC > Wrath > MoP > Vanilla

I'm going to retcon this because the MoP cinematic became worse the more times I watched it. The current rating is:

Cata > TBC > Wrath > Vanilla > WoD > MoP

They are all, of course, fantastic cinematics and I wish Blizzard would just make a movie with this quality :(

From that video

"Farahlon, it's kind of ambiguous whether or not that is the same kind of area as Ashran, whether it's an island just north of it or whether it is Ashran itself, there are a lot of different ways we can approach that, but we'll have to wait and see."

lolwat. CALLING IT NOW. Farahlon cut. "It was Ashran all along guys!"
Yeah that doesn't give me any hope. Guess it was cut due to Tanaan being pushed back.

strafer

On an unrelated not, who's gonna lead the Warsong Clan now that Garrosh is no longer the leader?

Saurfang? Since Korkron is no longer as well.

lazygecko

Final Boss

Grommash is the final boss of Warlords of Draenor.

Legendary Items

Warlords of Draenor will have a questline for a legendary ring that begins aat level 99 and is less grindy than the Mists of Pandaria quests.
The legendary ring will have a visual effect so that players can show it off.
It is very likely that that will be legendary items other than the ring from the questline.

Future Content Patches

A transmogrification system revamp could be part of Patch 6.1 or 6.2, allowing you to build a collection of transmog items rather than storing them in your bank or Void Storage. It also may include tools to better manage multiple transmog sets.
Tanaan Jungle and possibly Farahlon will be in future content patches, not at launch.
Additional dungeons could be added in content patches. There are more dungeons within Draenor that could be added, as well as older dungeons through the Timewalker system.
There aren't any class quests planned for Warlords launch right now, but if one fits later in the expansion it could be added.
The length of time beyond Patch 6.1 that you are unable to fly in Draenor will be decided upon by the community as a whole. If players enjoy it then it could last longer. If players overwhelming want flight back by Patch 6.1, then they will most likely get it.

Warlords Patch Timing

The Warlords patch cycle will be similar to the Mists of Pandaria patch cycle, but some of it will depend on the timing of the next expansion.
"Some of it will depend on the time before the next expansion after Warlords. It is very possible that if we are successful and there is a shorter gap, then we won't necessarily want to have multiple raid tier content patches. Each raid content patch needs about four months to breathe. Any less than that and it feels like you really rushed through the content."
The content patch schedule isn't finalized yet, as a lot of it depends on what players want to see more of once they get through the launch content. Some of it will depend on the scheduling for the next expansion.

PvP

The team would like to add the new Nagrand arena as a new arena, but this isn't final yet. It depends on how work on the next expansion is progressing.
There are no plans to add a new battleground in Warlords of Draenor.

Garrisons

Garrisons ended up involving all of the different teams and will be a big feature, changing the gameplay of WoW more than any other feature has.
More Garrison features or levels are something that could be done in a future content patch.

Misc

The Adventure Guide won't make it in for the Warlords launch. It will be useful as more content is added after launch, so hopefully it will be ready for a future content patch.
The World of Warcraft team grew by around 80 people during Mists of Pandaria, which should allow them to produce content faster in the future. This did slow things down in the short term though, which contributed to the delay of Warlords of Draenor.
There aren't any scenarios for you to queue for at Level 100 in Warlords right now, but some could be added in future patches. Right now they are mostly used as a storytelling tool while leveling.
Warforged items can appear in dungeons now as a nice bonus.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Boss-Legendary-Items-Transmog-Revamp-and-More!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
On an unrelated not, who's gonna lead the Warsong Clan now that Garrosh is no longer the leader?

Saurfang is Blackrock clan.

Do you mean Orcs racial leader? Cause I think it's still Thrall.

lazygecko

I think their notion about using scenarios mainly as a storytelling device is misguided and it's a flat out bad idea. Didn't they initially say that scenarios were meant as replacement for zone group quests?

I don't like relying on scenarios, raids or pretty much anything social to convey a plot (at least via scripted scenes as they usually tend to do). When you get in them you're always going to feel pressured by the rest of the group to just RUSH RUSH RUSH through the content and skip all the story parts.

CassSept

RETCONS

Kargath no longer cut his hand off because he became a grunt. He cut his hand off ti become a better murderer at Nagrand arena. Because of reasons. The ever-changing hand he cut off doesn't matter any more either.

Life finds a way. Shattered Hand Clan was supposed to exist beforehand (and Kargath had risen to be their Chieftain), but now Kargath's action set up the Clan? Ok.

Retcons are in full force now. Everything about pre-Dark Portal is now being retconned, nothing is safe.

strafer

RETCONS

Kargath no longer cut his hand off because he became a grunt. He cut his hand off ti become a better murderer at Nagrand arena. Because of reasons. The ever-changing hand he cut off doesn't matter any more either.

Life finds a way. Shattered Hand Clan was supposed to exist beforehand (and Kargath had risen to be their Chieftain), but now Kargath's action set up the Clan? Ok.

Retcons are in full force now. Everything about pre-Dark Portal is now being retconned, nothing is safe.

What if by the end of the expansion this new timeline will be the new main timeline, making the Cataclysm obselete and therefore they can bring back old Orgrimmar.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYYA!!!

Hixx

I think their notion about using scenarios mainly as a storytelling device is misguided and it's a flat out bad idea. Didn't they initially say that scenarios were meant as replacement for zone group quests?

I don't like relying on scenarios, raids or pretty much anything social to convey a plot (at least via scripted scenes as they usually tend to do). When you get in them you're always going to feel pressured by the rest of the group to just RUSH RUSH RUSH through the content and skip all the story parts.

There are group quests in the world now.

Story scenarios are solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom