• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I play an Orc, I should be allowed to drink the demon juice. I've fought the Old Gods, Kil'jaeden, The Scourge, etc. Pretty sure I can handle some demon blood.

I mean, with all the Warlocks I've killed at this point, surely some of their pets blood has landed on my lips by now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If I play an Orc, I should be allowed to drink the demon juice. I've fought the Old Gods, Kil'jaeden, The Scourge, etc. Pretty sure I can handle some demon blood.

I mean, with all the Warlocks I've killed at this point, surely some of their pets blood has landed on my lips by now.

if you play an orc you already drank demon blood, or your great-great-grand daddy did at least

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Well if you play an orc, you are green so you already have a bit of the ol demon juice in you anyway.

StMeph

if you play an orc you already drank demon blood, or your great-great-grand daddy did at least

35 years wasn't THAT long ago. Father, more likely, grandfather, at most.

i swear to god though imma be pissed if they make the very last bit of story be all about "oh no i gromm hellscream can't stop these random heroes, gul'dan was right all along; I gotta drink more powerful blood, Sargeras or Kil'Jaedan blood! I, demon gromm, will show you what it means to be called hellscream! O wait, uhahahaha the legion was behind this time travel thing all along in order to create an even more powerful and loyal army of orcs blablabla 'you actually can't change history' lesson from chris metz--i mean nozdormu."

I think this is what everyone is expecting if they insist on keeping him as the final tier raid boss.

Well if you play an orc, you are green so you already have a bit of the ol demon juice in you anyway.

I'm a human warlock..
sacrificed my pet so much during 10 years that I'm bound to have had a drop of it stain my hands and I eat some stuff with hand + demon blood..
and I have yet to turn green!
Plus all the major demons I've killed and the stuff smeared with demonic ichore that I've looted from their carcass.. :x

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i would drink dat juice

no you wouldnt, its slimy and looks like the insides of a giant bug

I'm a human warlock..
sacrificed my pet so much during 10 years that I'm bound to have had a drop of it stain my hands and I eat some stuff with hand + demon blood..
and I have yet to turn green!
Plus all the major demons I've killed and the stuff smeared with demonic ichore that I've looted from their carcass.. :x

its the zombie theory, you can be convered in zombie gore, but if one bites you, you turn

Daante

Gotta admit it..

Blizzard have gotten my attention once again now with WOD.. Havent played since 2-3 months into Cata..

I noticed my head have started to try to come with all kind of interesting things and arguments why i should come back. Some of them i feel are kinda good, others are well not good. One of the more interesting ones is that i feel i kinda "must" ding lvl 100. That lvl has always had a "meaning and accomplishement feeling" to me from my JRPG days with the PSX1.

None of my irl friends who played when i/we was at our peak during TBC is playing Wow these days. So it would of course be very different story if i decided to come back and play with WOD.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And the green fire quest on my lock when he was an Orc, I couldn't help but think 'This seems like a REALLY bad idea'

Let me bed red with spikes and glowy red eyes.

Rhaknar

SON OF A WHORE PIECE OF SHIT TORTOS STOP DROPPING THE FUCKING BRACERS AND GIVE ME MY GLOVES

Gotta admit it..

Blizzard have gotten my attention once again now with WOD.. Havent played since 2-3 months into Cata..

I noticed my head have started to try to come with all kind of interesting things and arguments why i should come back. Some of them i feel are kinda good, others are well not good. One of the more interesting ones is that i feel i kinda "must" ding lvl 100. That lvl has always had a "meaning and accomplishement feeling" to me from my JRPG days with the PSX1.

None of my irl friends who played when i/we was at our peak during TBC is playing Wow these days. So it would of course be very different story if i decided to come back and play with WOD.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions..

Same thing for me. Just bought MoP for $9 on Amazon. Will install and play for a couple months. We do have the 10 year anniversary coming up here pretty soon! I think I started on 12/11/2004, about 2 or 3 weeks after launch. So come Nov 23rd, I'd expect ... something.

Is it worth it doing old instances for money? I have a monk who is ilvl 484 and have tried doing Naxx 10 but I'm dieing left and right ;(

My server is pretty dead so I don't think I can sell much on AH even with disenchants. So would just drops be enough for earning gold? Or should I be doing something else instead?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is it worth it doing old instances for money? I have a monk who is ilvl 484 and have tried doing Naxx 10 but I'm dieing left and right ;(

My server is pretty dead so I don't think I can sell much on AH even with disenchants. So would just drops be enough for earning gold? Or should I be doing something else instead?

How is that possible? I mean Naxx 10 is riduclously easy on my ilvl ~540 characters mage and paladin, so for a 484 character, it should be fairly doable. I know the difference is big in power once you reach raiding gear, but still...

M.D

Alright, need some advice

I'm level 63 in Outlands and done with Hellfire Peninsula, but going to skip Zangarmarsh, because I'll reach 64 before I will be even close to finishing the quests in this area (I'll dungeon my way to 64)
Where should I head next? there are a few zones that overlap in levels

What zone has the best quests?

Peachpies

Thok is the new Durumu in LFR, if you don't pop bloodlust/heroism at the start you won't get its benefit after half the people die during the first 'hey dodge that giant death beam' phase to kill him.
its almost impossible to wipe on thok lfr though

I'm level 63 in Outlands and done with Hellfire Peninsula, but going to skip Zangarmarsh, because I'll reach 64 before I will be even close to finishing the quests in this area (I'll dungeon my way to 64)

At 64 you can go to Nagrand and at 65 you can go to Blade's Edge Mountains, I like getting to 65 from dungeons/questing and then going directly to Blade's Edge though Nagrand looks nice.
Raids

Raids will open roughly two and a half weeks after the expansion releases. This will give players time to level and enjoy some dungeons and other content before they move on to raiding.
Normal and Heroic will open first, with Mythic and LFR starting to open the following week.
Blackrock Foundry will open some number of weeks later. (4 weeks for MSV before HoF opened was too short - WatcherDev)
Grommash is really the final boss! When players get to the Grommash fight, they will see that it is a completely different fight from the Garrosh fight in Siege of Orgrimmar.
There will be more than just Orcs in the raids. For example, there will be a heavy Legion influence in the raid that has Grommash Hellscream.

Items

The other legendary items will most likely come from defeating really difficult content.
Warlords will have more activated trinkets compared to Mists of Pandaria.
Challenge modes will reward players with transmog weapons for Gold, a mount for Silver, and a title for Bronze. (WatcherDev)
Challenge modes will have a daily quest that can reward Raid Finder quality loot. This will give players a reason to do Challenge modes while they wait for raids to open. (WatcherDev)

Garrisons

Depending on what buildings your Garrison has, there will be different relevant content out in the world.
If you build the Inn, you will have a dungeon daily quest in the Inn, similar to the Wrath of the Lich King dungeon daily quests.
There are four tiers of Garrison missions for your followers, giving followers increased item levels and access to better missions each tier. Eventually you will have access to a mission that rewards raid quality loot every couple of weeks.

Misc

Armistice Day is on the Tuesday of the release week, which is why they went with Thursday instead of Tuesday for release this time.
The team has talked about doing an updated version of Karazhan, but it was created as a 10 player raid. There isn't space for 30 players.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

At 64, Terokkar is your best bet. Then at 66, you should go at Nagrand. Any sooner than 66 for Nagrand, and you might have to...*shiver* do Blade's Edge to get to 68. Assuming you only do each dungeons once.

What I usually do is 60-62 Hellfire, 62-64 Zangarmarsh, 64-66 Terokkar and 66-68 Nagrand.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
At 64, Terokkar is your best bet. Then at 66, you should go at Nagrand. Any sooner than 66 for Nagrand, and you might have to...*shiver* do Blade's Edge to get to 68. Assuming you only do each dungeons once.

What I usually do is 60-62 Hellfire, 62-64 Zangarmarsh, 64-66 Terokkar and 66-68 Nagrand.

Pretty much this. You can also sometimes just dungeon past 62-64. I bet questing is faster for most situations though.

strafer

Warlords of Draenor took longer than anticipated to create, by roughly 6 months. Getting the new members of the team up to speed took longer than anticipated and slowed things down. A group is already working on the next expansion though, so hopefully there won't be another long gap next time.

0546_kbst4.gif

Schryver

Think I'm going to resub tonight o_O Stopped playing in January but the xpac looks too good to resist. Probably just going to farm for mounts and try to get at least silver in all the challenge modes until 6.0 comes out

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Yeah seriously, they have to be out of their fucking minds if they expect anyone to buy that shit again at this point.

14 fucking months of siege. Eat shit, Chilton.

Rhaknar

Finally! I know I know its not challenge mode set, far from it, but I love the set and the colors (probably my favorite Mage set along with challenge and tier 11). Looks badass on a draenei I think

jgikvo.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What the heck is Challenge Mode anyways?

All the current dungeons but your ilevel is automatically scaled down, and you're under a time limit. Blizz propped it up as their 'PVE Arena' whichi t sort of is.

It also lets you get gear to look like Illidan.

Anoregon

All the current dungeons but your ilevel is automatically scaled down, and you're under a time limit. Blizz propped it up as their 'PVE Arena' whichi t sort of is.

Every WoD warlock set datamined/shown so far has made me think "oh wow that looks pretty cool OH WAIT I have the cmode set"

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Finally! I know I know its not challenge mode set, far from it, but I love the set and the colors (probably my favorite Mage set along with challenge and tier 11). Looks badass on a draenei I think

jgikvo.png

Man...i still need the gloves to complete my set, but those damn things just wont drop

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Does that mean you can go in at the base ilevel and be the same as everyone else? That actually sounds pretty good.

Is it about as hard as the Heroics from BC?

Rhaknar

Man...i still need the gloves to complete my set, but those damn things just wont drop

i just farmed Tortos all day with mogu runes until they dropped, took me like 7 or 8 kills (got 4 bracers, cloak, a couple gold I think, then finally the gloves)

Does that mean you can go in at the base ilevel and be the same as everyone else? That actually sounds pretty good.

Is it about as hard as the Heroics from BC?

no its much harder, and requires you to skip trash with invisible pots and shit

Man God

Non-Canon Member
no its much harder, and requires you to skip trash with invisible pots and shit

BC Heroics were hard as fuck back in the day. Required really precise CCing and knowing the dungeons inside and out. Probably the hardest non raiding content they've ever done.

This does sound interesting though, maybe I'll look it up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
BC Heroics were hard as fuck back in the day. Required really precise CCing and knowing the dungeons inside and out. Probably the hardest non raiding content they've ever done.

This is more CD management than CC management. And being careful about where you run. You don't want to CC because the goal is to kill trash as quickly as possible.

They're increasing the sub price in the UK to £10.

That's one way to combat dropping subs, I suppose.

Yeah, it's quite a pisstake doing that a year after no content.

CMs aren't hard, but they're like speedruns, you want to do them as fast as possible skip as much as possible etc.

They were quite a disappointment for me, I thought they'd be awesome like the Heroic Raids of dungeons. Only done gold on one char because of that, I'll probably get one more b4 WoD (because the pally tmog is too good).

Challenge modes are like trying to do Heroic Shattered Halls without stopping to drink or CC anything because you only have 10 minutes. Oh and your gear is pushed down to the equivalent of pre-raid blue gear.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Challenge modes are like trying to do Heroic Shattered Halls without stopping to drink or CC anything because you only have 10 minutes. Oh and your gear is pushed down to the equivalent of pre-raid blue gear.

NEAT!

Does it lock out stuff like set bonus (i.e. could I do this stuff right away after hitting the content or would I be completely shut out because of not having that benefit)

Schryver

NEAT!

Does it lock out stuff like set bonus (i.e. could I do this stuff right away after hitting the content or would I be completely shut out because of not having that benefit)

Well you kinda need to get the up to the ilvl that it scales down to which is basically heroic dungeon blues IIRC. But enchants and gems aren't scaled so theyre important (i think. its been a while)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Putting this in spoilers in case people don't want to know more about the final raid:
So blizz just confirmed in an interview that the final raid/Gromm will be heavy on burning legion bosses (and so presumably a Burning Legion theme/raid more so than an Iron Horde orc one). Confirmed Gromm licks Sargeras's dick to become ssj5 purple orc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well you kinda need to get the up to the ilvl that it scales down to which is basically heroic dungeon blues IIRC. But enchants and gems aren't scaled so theyre important (i think. its been a while)

I'd need to do that anyways to learn the maps and such. Gems and Enchants aren't a huge problem either unless they've made some Raid exclusive.

StMeph

I'd need to do that anyways to learn the maps and such. Gems and Enchants aren't a huge problem either unless they've made some Raid exclusive.

Depends on how much of a min-maxer you are (or the group you run with is), because some items have more slots for gems than is normal for that slot, and so you eke more stats above average through those than other scaled-down gear.

Shahadan

Putting this in spoilers in case people don't want to know more about the final raid:
So blizz just confirmed in an interview that the final raid/Gromm will be heavy on burning legion bosses (and so presumably a Burning Legion theme/raid more so than an Iron Horde orc one). Confirmed Gromm licks Sargeras's dick to become ssj5 purple orc.

It's so annoying they're always forced to spoil shit because of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom