• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It's so annoying they're always forced to spoil shit because of people.

Yeah I'm really not a fan of knowing all about the final content patch/raid-tier (hence the spoiler tags), but they seem to be doing this more and more frequently with every new expansion. Yeah it was obvious in TBC (though we did get KJ later) and WoTLK who the final boss would be, but with an expansion like WoD, it should be up in the air. I guess I'm asking for it by reading MMO champion and interviews, but it would still be nice if they could be a little more tight-lipped about these things.

NEAT!

Does it lock out stuff like set bonus (i.e. could I do this stuff right away after hitting the content or would I be completely shut out because of not having that benefit)

Set bonuses and legendary procs are shut off. People got super creative with world-drop items and would park warlock alts outside of instance portals to guarantee some margin of error. If you can get a team of 5 engineers rocket boosts and glider tinkers also pay dividends since spending any amount of time walking without also fighting is generally wasted. Let's hope WoD has an equivalent of Restorative Amber or buffs conjured mana biscuits since fast mana regain out of combat is mandatory for healers aiming for Golds.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm more interested to see how Grom goes from the cinematic to Legiony-raid boss.

We always know way way in advance who the bosses will be. The story isn't that great anymore, there's not much to spoil.

We already knew we were gonna fight Grom though, in fact all the Warlords are probably fought in one way or another except Durotan.

How do you even explain Iron Horde vs Regular Horde without it being super dumb?

"Oh look, it's future me/my kids...Lets KILL THEM!"

It's not really that surprising. I mean it sucks for those who want to experience the story and don't want to know everything but they've been setting this up since the Wrathion storyline. There was really only one way this whole thing could end especially since these expansions are flowing together now.

So I leveled inscription 1-600 today on my rogue.

Aside from Northrend herbs which were expensive and I farmed myself, cost maybe 2k out of pocket. Not too bad. Of course he has like no glyph recipes, but that's what my other scribe is for - this guy'll just be a dummy for Darkmoon cards if they play out like they have in the past. Have room for at least another Scribe or Alch depending on which looks better, besides whatever professions my boosted character will have.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think I've decided on which professions I want to give the 600 boost to, engineering and alchemy. Haven't picked which alt will get it. Maybe DK because I don't like playing them.

Rolled a fresh Orc Warrior on Area 52 last night. This is my first time going through Origrimmar Cata content. Going to take this toon all the way to 90 before WoD drops. This will also be my first 1-90 experience. My highest character is a Blood Elf Paladin at 63.

I've been dabbling in and out of WoW since the Vanilla launch in 2004 and have the CE to prove it. But I think it finally has it's hooks in me.

Tacitus_

I'd need to do that anyways to learn the maps and such. Gems and Enchants aren't a huge problem either unless they've made some Raid exclusive.

It's more the gem slots. Raid gear has more gem slots than blue gear, but since the ilvl doesn't matter, you can just pick it up in LFRs.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS gloves just dropped, now my set is complete

hIBM9Wt.jpg

[18:09:06] [W From] [Bíìzzardí]: [Game Master]GM:Hello Blizzard Entertainment notifies,you are drawn in the system to receive your gift. please visit:www.XXX Reins of the Swift Spectral Tiger will be yours.

Censored out website, but lol this spam was particularly hilarious to me right now. I just replied "Too bad I already have one." Since it's true.

...no response

And for some reason sending this to my level 40 bank alt.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
hahaha that's a pretty perfect use of that gif.

silly gaius

They managed to kill garry and I was still able spend a token but as always, gold. I was only after looms anyway :(

Christ I was literally pressing alt+f4 and alt + tab

sgjackson

I honestly have zero idea if I'm getting back into WoW or not but getting the name Timeschange on my old server for a WoD char was worth 15 bucks.

zerosum

Gotta admit it..

Blizzard have gotten my attention once again now with WOD.. Havent played since 2-3 months into Cata..

I noticed my head have started to try to come with all kind of interesting things and arguments why i should come back. Some of them i feel are kinda good, others are well not good. One of the more interesting ones is that i feel i kinda "must" ding lvl 100. That lvl has always had a "meaning and accomplishement feeling" to me from my JRPG days with the PSX1.

None of my irl friends who played when i/we was at our peak during TBC is playing Wow these days. So it would of course be very different story if i decided to come back and play with WOD.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions..

I'm right there with you on the level 100 thing. Talking with friends around the time of WOTLK, I remember saying I would probably keep coming back no matter what until I hit 100, then after that, it just depends.

That's just been my personal WoW goal over the years. Even with taking breaks, I always had the intention of coming back.

The real test now, will be to see if the the xpack after this can get me back in.

For some reason though, the idea of garrisons has me more pumped than hitting 100 now. Everything I've read about them so far just sounds interesting. Not really sure why, and I don't know what I'm drawing on for that appeal.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Someone on the WoW subreddit made a good point:

RUQTZVr.jpg

Why'd they have to make him so fuzzy? What was wrong with WC3 Grom?

TheYanger

what? He's always looked like that.

WC3 Grom:
tl6DIYC.jpg

Model doesn't have bangs. OH GOD NO! it's still just as hairy, and has a much deeper 5 o clock shadow at that.

TheYanger

Yeah that's not an easy question with a universal answer. Different classes have different playstyles and there's very little ability on your part to know what a class at 90 plays like without just playing it. What do you look for in a character? How do you like to interact with the world in an mmo? Frantic fast paced combat with lots of button pressing, resource management, quick reactions to procs, all of that stuff varies a lot depending on what you go for. We can probably help with more info.

Kintaco

Reading through the thread and MMO champions its crazy to think people are surprised that Grommash is the final boss. Someone linked a video from Blizzcon where they confirmed the final boss was Gromm. Was this not reported?

Returning to WoW for the first time in a year or so (last thing I did was ToT) and I keep dying to L90 elites on Timeless Isle. =/ I don't remember anything. I'm committed, though -- just pre-ordered the CE (man, I wish I could get the L90 boost now). I guess I have to do some more ToT (still need tier robe and hat anyhow) LFR and then on to SoO. I'm guessing I can't queue for LFR ToT or SoO when the expansion comes out and I ding to 91. =/

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Reading through the thread and MMO champions its crazy to think people are surprised that Grommash is the final boss. Someone linked a video from Blizzcon where they confirmed the final boss was Gromm. Was this not reported?

I think they hinted at it, but didn't out and out say it like they just did.

It's hard to imagine the same guy who allies with Thrall in WC3 is an enemy of Thrall now.

Hellscreams just cant get enough of gettin laid low. We gotta stomp them into the dirt some more.

knicks

They are increasing monthly subscription fees to screw over the forever loyal players due to a decrease in overall subscriptions?

KuGsj.gif
They continue to literally only help the people who quit the game.

Maybe they will make something like if you quit for 8+ months they will only charge you $10.99 to get you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom