• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
They are increasing monthly subscription fees to screw over the forever loyal players due to a decrease in overall subscriptions?

KuGsj.gif
They continue to literally only help the people who quit the game.

Maybe they will make something like if you quit for 8+ months they will only charge you $10.99 to get you back.

For UK players only. Starting with WoD.

...to bring it up with the rest of the EU, is my understanding.

16 dollars, including VAT? Seems like an alright deal to me. Don't be obtuse.

Kintaco

They are increasing monthly subscription fees to screw over the forever loyal players due to a decrease in overall subscriptions?

KuGsj.gif
They continue to literally only help the people who quit the game.

Maybe they will make something like if you quit for 8+ months they will only charge you $10.99 to get you back.
Well from what I read its only in the UK. I assume they are doing it due to value fluctuations of the pound sterling. Sucks either way. I'm surprised they haven't tried the to lure players with lower prices to new players for 12 mos like DirecTV and other providers do.

Nere

Anyone super hyped for the expansion but has a feeling he is going to get disappointed?:D

Dunno although I really look forward to the expansion something tells me its going to be a disappointment, all those delays and unexpected cuts of content don't give me faith.

Swhalen

Is anybody willing to try using Scroll of Resurrection on my account? I'm pretty sure I'm eligible.

edit: Oops, just discovered that scroll of resurrection is gone, what a shame...

vocab

Anyone super hyped for the expansion but has a feeling he is going to get disappointed?:D

Dunno although I really look forward to the expansion something tells me its going to be a disappointment, all those delays and unexpected cuts of content don't give me faith.

Me perhaps. I'm excited for progression raiding again, but I'm just worried blizz might play it too safe and samey and I'll be disappointed. These new stats are going to be interesting, and healing has devolved so its going to be a rollercoaster for a lot of people.

vocab

how is rogue these days?

Both good in pve and pvp. Thing is, there is a lot of them so it's highly competitive when it comes to raiding. It's been like that ever since vanilla. They have high survivability as a melee dps due to feint being godlike. WoD is looking good for them.

Shahadan

Bahahaha! Garrosh NM survived with only 826k. Hilarious and infuriating at the same time.

The warlock in our group kept lamenting about it, saying he could have done it in one simple crit.

mclem

Well, except if you have an autorenewing sub (Which, I'd guess, the 'forever loyal players' might well do), there's no price increase for two years:

As a thank you for current World of Warcraft subscribers, we guarantee that players with recurring (auto-renewing) subscriptions at the time of the price change will retain their current price for two years, as long as they remain in the same recurring subscription without interruption.

As a bit of an aside, is this the first increase we've ever had in the UK? I don't recall one occurring before now. I wonder what the pricetag should be after a decade of inflation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Garrisons should have been shared across characters and had a shared stash feature, so I don't have to constantly relog in and out.

tumblr_nadldy99xs1renhsyo1_500.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm getting pretty close to snagging some game time off ebay for cheaper than subbing directly through blizz, but I still think I want to wait it out at least until closer to 6.0.

Got Destiny arriving in a few weeks, after all.

lazygecko

Finally decided to check ou tthe Brawler's Guild this weekend. Everything was going pretty smooth up until GG Engineering. Fuck those guys. The problem is how the odds are massively stacked against you if you're a shaman. You're supposed to bait the lock-on rockets into the other guy, but if you're using totems then they will be targeted instead so you might not get enough hits in before the enrage timer (and you pretty much have to use healing + grounding totems to make it through the gnomish death ray). I actually killed them twice but both times I somehow just got insta-killed right after and the win didn't count. Super frustrating.

Do you keep getting those reward bags with a good amount of guild all the time, or is it only while you're climbing the ranks?

Grom being the final boss comes a surprise, also the legion aiding him. What the fuck was the point of not drinking the demon blood then?

Also, alternative azeroth is fucked because Orcs/Taurens/Trolls aren't there to help against the legion, and Alliance may have never have met Nelfs because of that, and they also wouldn't be united because of the second war. Then again they may not need help since Lordaeron still exists and the high elves weren't slaughtered by Arthas, without Ner'zhul there is no lich king.

Man really can't decide what to use my 90 boost on. After Warrior/Pally being my mains for so long I want to try out a caster class, maybe either Druid or Warlock, but I also wan't a Monk and Rogue. I also feel like I should just wait to WoD to see the new models before I pick too, wish they would just give us free customization remakes when it comes out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
bah I bought one of the game times on ebay. Some guildies are subbed/resubbed and doing challenge modes again so I might try to get another set or two before 6.0 hits.

M.D

Is it worth buying better gear at level 67 on the auction house? How much can gear help me right now? I never die in quests or anything, just looking to kill things faster... and stop getting owned by horde players on my level :(

Is there any specific gear you look for at this level (sets?), or is it all just random loot?

Anoregon

Is it worth buying better gear at level 67 on the auction house? How much can gear help me right now? I never die in quests or anything, just looking to kill things faster... and stop getting owned by horde players on my level :(

Is there any specific gear you look for at this level (sets?), or is it all just random loot?

Not really. Save your gold.

Has ToT LFR received an upped drop rate yet? I still need to get the hat and the robe and it'd be great if it was relatively painless. Also, refresh my memory please -- it has been a very long time since I did LFR -- how do re-rolls work? Greater charms or somesuch? Or did they change that?

Ultratech

Has ToT LFR received an upped drop rate yet? I still need to get the hat and the robe and it'd be great if it was relatively painless. Also, refresh my memory please -- it has been a very long time since I did LFR -- how do re-rolls work? Greater charms or somesuch? Or did they change that?

A little bit I think, but not much.
It's nowhere near as much as it is for T14 content, where it seemingly rains loot.

For ToT, you'll want Mogu Runes for Extra Rolls, but you buy them from the Timeless Isle now.
You can get Greater Charms (T14) from Troves of the Thunder King, and Warforged Seals (T16-SoO) at Shrine.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0iKFASurHk

Clocking in at 1:50:41, the War of the Ancients machinima is now uploaded.

It's a recreation of the Richard A. Knaak book (the only good Richard Knaak books imo) where it explains the Night Elves 10,000 years ago repelling the first Burning Legion invasion.

I think they made a mistake not waiting a little longer for the new player character models, but they definitely put a lot of work into this for custom models. I'm going to watch it now.

Fjordson

A little bit I think, but not much.
It's nowhere near as much as it is for T14 content, where it seemingly rains loot.

For ToT, you'll want Mogu Runes for Extra Rolls, but you buy them from the Timeless Isle now.
You can get Greater Charms (T14) from Troves of the Thunder King, and Warforged Seals (T16-SoO) at Shrine.

Thanks a ton for the information Ultratech. Guess I better get crackin' at completing T15 and starting and finishing my T16 before November.

Magnus

With a fast-growing stable of 90s, I want to build some cool xmog and tier sets.

I've got almost all the PvE tier sets for my main, priest, but none of the pvp ones.

I nabbed t5 for my fresh warlock - by far, the best set for that class, IMO.

What are everyone's favourite PvE/PvP sets for each class?

Priest: T8 blue recolour
Warlock: T5
Druid: I'm still a sucker for T2
Paladin: T2 without the helmet; still so good
Shaman: Lots of good ones but I really like T5 and T12
Mage: T6 is very cool, but classic T3 and T7 are my faves
Rogue: T2; dat Bloodfang

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Well the good side, alternative Azeroth is safe now.
Actually, they are completely screwed. If the Keepers of Time were right, the races of Azeroth will fight each other instead of the Orcs, and the Burning Legion will have a field day with the weakened races. That's why they were so worried about Medivh not opening the Dark Portal in the first CoT instance.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With a fast-growing stable of 90s, I want to build some cool xmog and tier sets.

I've got almost all the PvE tier sets for my main, priest, but none of the pvp ones.

I nabbed t5 for my fresh warlock - by far, the best set for that class, IMO.

What are everyone's favourite PvE/PvP sets for each class?

Priest: T8 blue recolour
Warlock: T5
Druid: I'm still a sucker for T2
Paladin: T2 without the helmet; still so good
Shaman: Lots of good ones but I really like T5 and T12
Mage: T6 is very cool, but classic T3 and T7 are my faves
Rogue: T2; dat Bloodfang
It varies based on race. Like Betrayer Regalia is amazing on a Troll, but I would never put an Undead or Blood Elf in it. I'd put them in the Deathbringer garb.

After watching the new Giantbomb feature and the trailer for WoD dropping I couldn't help myself and resubbed. Well... kind of. I hadn't played in years and found that my account had been "permanently banned" due to activity associated with gold farming. Long story short - Blizzard customer support blew me away. They not only unbanned the account but did so while being totally cool, conversational people. They even threw a few days of game time on the account so that I could "get my feet wet and make sure everything was back the way it should have been".

Already 8 hours in over the last two days. This game is special. Scary and special.

TLDR: Blizz customer services is as awesome as their games. (Anecdotal evidence to prove it! :D )

iirate

It varies based on race. Like Betrayer Regalia is amazing on a Troll, but I would never put an Undead or Blood Elf in it. I'd put them in the Deathbringer garb.

Definitely. Shaman T5 is awesome for guys, but the chains clip through every woman's boobs. =(

Then there's tauren, who don't look good in anything another race does. You have to build any xmog with a tauren in mind for it to look good on them.

bcl0328

is there any "free" incentives to get back into the game? i haven't played since 2012 and my friends want me to come back. it's going to be like $110 to transfer and change factions. this is very unappealing to me. i don't see why they can't offer a free transfer and faction change if you haven't played in a year.

if they want to get players back that would definitely reel me in. as of right now, i don't want to drop that kind of cash. you would think by now this race change crap would be free or something. looks like everything just costs money now.

Mulberry

is there any "free" incentives to get back into the game? i haven't played since 2012 and my friends want me to come back. it's going to be like $110 to transfer and change factions. this is very unappealing to me. i don't see why they can't offer a free transfer and faction change if you haven't played in a year.

if they want to get players back that would definitely reel me in. as of right now, i don't want to drop that kind of cash. you would think by now this race change crap would be free or something. looks like everything just costs money now.
Roll a new character with your friends, they will help you out. Starting fresh helps you remember how to play, then after you have been back in the game for a while you can decide if it's worth the money for server and faction changes.

bcl0328

it looks like there was a promotion where some licenses were upgraded to mists of pandaria for free. i was wondering why it said i had it and i never bought it.

biaxident

Is there a gaf guild on a server, or where there's more gaffers? I remember there used to be some on mal'ganis, but my god did I hate that server horde side. Trade chats spam so insane I felt like i'll have a seizure.

biaxident

Heirlooms can be mailed across servers and factions, so if you have them, just roll a new character wherever, that's what i'm leaning towards.

biaxident

Any recommendations guys for a PVE realm that is horde heavy but not insanely crowded, but a solid high pop? Leaning towards thrall right now. Most horde dominated servers are pvp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom