• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokun

Both good in pve and pvp. Thing is, there is a lot of them so it's highly competitive when it comes to raiding. It's been like that ever since vanilla. They have high survivability as a melee dps due to feint being godlike. WoD is looking good for them.

Where are you playing that has lots of rogues? Least played class on my server according to realmpop.

Zeph Lee

Neo Member
Hey guys slightly off topic
wanna apologize first

But looking into getting a laptop ( yea I know desktop would be better, just bare with me)

Would these specs run this game nice and smooth?

Components
• Windows 8.1 64
• 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5-4200M Processor
• NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video memory
• 17.3-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080)
• 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

Thanks in advance for any answers :D

Fjordson

Been in Twitch streams all day trying to get a key to the beta. This is not a way to spend your Saturday.
Haha, I did that like two weeks ago. Got too frustrated and I've just given up since. My account has been active since 2004, so I still have a sliver of hope that Blizz will let me in on an invite wave, but it's getting kinda late.

Dicer

Banned
Everywhere. Every guild has too many rogues already.

Rouges seem to be a non-serious throw-away class as of late, ether people twinking or strictly using them for PVP, I hardly see any in PVE...

Haha, I did that like two weeks ago. Got too frustrated and I've just given up since. My account has been active since 2004, so I still have a sliver of hope that Blizz will let me in on an invite wave, but it's getting kinda late.

Yeah, been there since the get-go, and no key, kinda almost don't care anymore, the way they handled this beta sucks...unless you are some streaming star or a bot you don't get a key unless you are lucky.

Sucks.

Dot50Cal

Banned
wanna apologize first

But looking into getting a laptop ( yea I know desktop would be better, just bare with me)

Components
• Windows 8.1 64

I have an i3 with intel's onboard graphics. At medium settings its pretty smooth for me, but if I do raiding on it, I have to set everything to low. But its definitely smooth, obviously you sacrifice some quality for portability.

antonz

wanna apologize first

Components
• Windows 8.1 64

750M should be able to handle wow pretty well. Just make sure there are no power saving settings on for the gpu as that can really hit the performance.

J9g3AkO.jpg

He ded.

I'm bad and died to sawblade blender.

Finally decided to check ou tthe Brawler's Guild this weekend. Everything was going pretty smooth up until GG Engineering. Fuck those guys. The problem is how the odds are massively stacked against you if you're a shaman. You're supposed to bait the lock-on rockets into the other guy, but if you're using totems then they will be targeted instead so you might not get enough hits in before the enrage timer (and you pretty much have to use healing + grounding totems to make it through the gnomish death ray). I actually killed them twice but both times I somehow just got insta-killed right after and the win didn't count. Super frustrating.

Do you keep getting those reward bags with a good amount of guild all the time, or is it only while you're climbing the ranks?

What ilvl are you? I did it as Enhance and was probably around 505-510 at the time and after a couple of deaths I ignored the "correct" strategy of breaking bubbles, as far as I recall, and simply went for Bo first and once he went off and creates the shields to be invincible I ignored him and pounded on the other one. Continually scooting around dodges the rockets and maelstrom heals along with spirits wolves, healing totems, and the talent that heals you 30% (or whatever) of the damage dealt is easily enough to keep you healed up.

If you're Elemental I don't know a proper method.

And I believe the gold is given for beating a fight for the first time. Or is it only when you rank up?

Nokterian

Yesterday a fun run with 3 guildies to do Tempest Keep..and first run and Ashes of A'lar dropped..lost by 3 or 4 numbers by a roll. Man i wanted that mount so long did another 2 times on my other chars and no luck :(

scoobs

Yesterday a fun run with 3 guildies to do Tempest Keep..and first run and Ashes of A'lar dropped..lost by 3 or 4 numbers by a roll. Man i wanted that mount so long did another 2 times on my other chars and no luck :(

And so the long grind for you begins. Took me about 14 months to get it.

Hi guys, I've stopped playing WoW for three years, and now I'm considering a comeback tour and rush my character to Lv90 and get used to the new mechanics before the new expansion comes out.

I used to main a Human Rogue on Shadowmoon server, but he died and became a Death Knight which I leveled up to 85. I was there since Vanilla and played most of the content up to the first year of Cataclysm before they revamp the talent tree system (my Frost DK was still the tank build back then ~_~).

I'm also planning to start from scratch an Alliance Pandaren Monk on a brand new server-- So... Does anyone have any recommendations ^_^; ?

(Preferably one with a raid guilds recruiting *cough* I had SOME experience with small raids, but I've never got the chance to do the big scale epic raids. I plan on moving my Death Knight over eventually...)

Hi guys, I've stopped playing WoW for three years, and now I'm considering a comeback tour and rush my character to Lv90 and get used to the new mechanics before the new expansion comes out.

I used to main a Human Rogue on Shadowmoon server, but he died and became a Death Knight which I leveled up to 85. I was there since Vanilla and played most of the content up to the first year of Cataclysm before they revamp the talent tree system (my Frost DK was still the tank build back then ~_~).

I'm also planning to start from scratch an Alliance Pandaren Monk on a brand new server-- So... Does anyone have any recommendations ^_^; ?

(Preferably one with a raid guilds recruiting *cough* I had SOME experience with small raids, but I've never got the chance to do the big scale epic raids. I plan on moving my Death Knight over eventually...)

For Alliance, Stormrage, Sargeras, Kel'Thuzad, Proudmoore are the big ones. Stormrage being the largest Alliance server. You can look here if you want to browse more.

And outside a couple niche reasons, I would highly, HIGHLY suggest going to a high-pop, progression realm. Preferably top 2 or 3, but nothing outside the top 15 or 20. It makes such a huge difference having a strong and vast economy with a variety of good guilds to choose from/people to group with.

For Alliance, Stormrage, Sargeras, Kel'Thuzad, Proudmoore are the big ones. Stormrage being the largest Alliance server. You can look here if you want to browse more.

And outside a couple niche reasons, I would highly, HIGHLY suggest going to a high-pop, progression realm. Preferably top 2 or 3, but nothing outside the top 15 or 20. It makes such a huge difference having a strong and vast economy with a variety of good guilds to choose from/people to group with.

Thanks, but what do you mean by high progression? Is there a way to check that?

(And wow, those are some pretty lopsided populations ^_^;; 24171 horde vs 13 Alliance?! wtf @_@)

EDIT:

I forgot to mention, I'm currently in SEA but I'll be spending most of my time in UK, so I guess I'll need to factor in timezone...

Nephtis

I just returned to wow after having quit 2 months after Cata release (bored me to hell).

Holy shit @ all the changes. Talents are all weird. I still don't know what transmorg is supposed to be. Now I gotta level my Shaman (enhance / resto), Druid (resto / boomkin), Warlock (destro / demon), Huntard (beast, marksman)...

and my new Monk (Windwalker)

So far I am having a lot of fun with the instances and stuff though.

If anyone is on the Skywall server, drop me a line -- Shioka / Shihouka / Nephtis / Elhaym / Domesticated

Thanks, but what do you mean by high progression? Is there a way to check that?

(And wow, those are some pretty lopsided populations ^_^;; 24171 horde vs 13 Alliance?! wtf @_@)

On that rank list, lower numbers (which means more guilds that have completed the progression content faster.) And yes, all the top realms are lopsided. If you want a balanced realm, you're gonna have to dig a bit. But there really isn't any benefit to being on a balanced realm anyway - it's just fewer people to play with.

Those are US realms I was referencing btw, I don't know if you play on Oceanic or EU - you'd have to flip tabs on wowprogress and do some more research.

I just returned to wow after having quit 2 months after Cata release (bored me to hell).

Holy shit @ all the changes. Talents are all weird. I still don't know what transmorg is supposed to be. Now I gotta level my Shaman (enhance / resto), Druid (resto / boomkin), Warlock (destro / demon), Huntard (beast, marksman)...

and my new Monk (Windwalker)

So far I am having a lot of fun with the instances and stuff though.

If anyone is on the Skywall server, drop me a line -- Shioka / Shihouka / Nephtis / Elhaym / Domesticated

Transmog is essentially taking any armor/weapon in the game, and making whatever you have equipped look like it. Thus, you can wear Tier 2 armor if you want, but still be getting the stats from your level 90 items.

On that rank list, lower numbers (which means more guilds that have completed the progression content faster.) And yes, all the top realms are lopsided. If you want a balanced realm, you're gonna have to dig a bit. But there really isn't any benefit to being on a balanced realm anyway - it's just fewer people to play with.

Those are US realms I was referencing btw, I don't know if you play on Oceanic or EU - you'd have to flip tabs on wowprogress and do some more research.

Alright thanks, this is a good place to start searching ^_^

Yeah I was thinking if I ever wanted to try out the occasional PvP, having a balanced server would speed up the waiting queue... Then I remembered that battlegrounds and instances are now across servers OTL

Nephtis

Transmog is essentially taking any armor/weapon in the game, and making whatever you have equipped look like it. Thus, you can wear Tier 2 armor if you want, but still be getting the stats from your level 90 items.

Oh man, so my druid can go back to its Cenarion days?

I like that!

90 boost is probably the worst thing to happen in the proliferation of bots. Really fucking hope they catch those accounts quick cause it's so stupidly easy to spot.

Ultratech

Transmog is a great addition. But the bank and bag space takes a toll tho :p

Tell me about it. ;_;

At least once WoD hits, I can free up a TON of bag space with the Toybox and that extra Void Storage.

No joke, I think a good chunk of my bank space is nothing but toys.

(Plus, most mats stacking to 200 in WoD should help greatly as well.)

Mephaisto

So, blizzard gave away quite alot of beta keys at gamescom today. Two employees went through the crowd and gave out keys to people at random. Or they chose someone and he/she had to answer a question from the host, right answer would get another prize and a beta key.

First, the guy right next to me gets a key...then the guy right in front of me gets a key.

After the event you could queue up for autographs from blizzard developers. I was standing in line, there was a couple in front of me. They both won previously (nd artbook and WOD 2015 Calendar), so they had keys. Suddenly a guy from blizzard walks up to them, does a little smalltalk and gives them another 2 keys...they said they already had one, so he said "Well, then I guess it's your lucky day. Now you have 2!"...that was harsh man. The girl even teased me with "maybe I should give it to you!", but she didn't mean it. Life is cruel, indeed. Hah.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Won't happen, but I do kind of wish the Male Night Elves looked similar to the 'princes' from WOTLK.

edit: just got a Super Simian Sphere while doing ICC

CassSept

Actually, they are completely screwed. If the Keepers of Time were right, the races of Azeroth will fight each other instead of the Orcs, and the Burning Legion will have a field day with the weakened races. That's why they were so worried about Medivh not opening the Dark Portal in the first CoT instance.

Maybe this will be a leadup to the next expansion?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Maybe this will be a leadup to the next expansion?

Unless they re-vamp another area like Cataclysm, I don't know where we could 'go' to stick 7 more zones/another continent besides Draenor again on the Ogre continent.

Even Draenor is kinda like a Cataclysm revamp of Outland, albeit much more intensely re-done.

But the Azeroth 2:Burning Legion won the third war could be interesting I guess, since you can blow large chunks of the land apart and only have 7 zones worth of space on a desolate Azeroth.

Then again, the way they talk about this is that it's a split off timeline, kinda like Alternate 1985 where Biff had the Sports Almanac, and there is no other Azeroth. If there was, why wouldn't Garrosh attack that one ripe for the taking instead of one that has already beaten him?

strafer

Thanks!

Quick question

68-70

Netherstorm or Shadowmoon Valley?

Northrend is your better choice if you wanna level up faster. More XP and better quest rewards. Check your board in Orgrimmar.

But if you don't wanna do that then go Shadowmoon Valley.

Welp, sub is done until WoD hits. Amassed about 20k gold in 3 weeks, maxed all professions and geared my main enough for leveling 90-100. I'm satisfied with that.

Sticking with my Shammy come good or bad. That dual Axe wielding nutbag has been good to me even though I skipped out in MoP raiding.

Magnus

Gearing for levelling seems like a lot of misplaced work - all the weeks and months of effort raiding and grinding get erased in a week of levelling. At best, the gear will last until level 100 blues. I expect even the legendary cape will get outdone by a low end epic in the first raid.

M.D

Netherstorm has those annoying mana forge quests, but SMV has the underground mine ones. I prefer SMV.

Northrend is your better choice if you wanna level up faster. More XP and better quest rewards. Check your board in Orgrimmar.

But if you don't wanna do that then go Shadowmoon Valley.

I've asked in the guild and more people said Northrend
Any advice in how to go about it as far as the sub-zones?

also i'm alliance, dunno that i can walk into Orgrimmar ;p

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I've asked in the guild and more people said Northrend
Any advice in how to go about it as far as the sub-zones?

also i'm alliance, dunno that i can walk into Orgrimmar ;p

Queue for Dungeons and get to 70, then go to the board in Stormwind/Ironforge and go to Northrend.

Leveling with Zygor is really the way to go, it totally removes any thinking and guesswork and really lets you play at the most efficient xp/hour rate.

Magnus

Queue for Dungeons and get to 70, then go to the board in Stormwind/Ironforge and go to Northrend.

Leveling with Zygor is really the way to go, it totally removes any thinking and guesswork and really lets you play at the most efficient xp/hour rate.

I did Zygor once. I appreciated the efficiency and accuracy of it, but I also started to feel very removed from the experience. It took a lot of autonomy and joy out of my experience.

Ultratech

Gearing for levelling seems like a lot of misplaced work - all the weeks and months of effort raiding and grinding get erased in a week of levelling. At best, the gear will last until level 100 blues. I expect even the legendary cape will get outdone by a low end epic in the first raid.

Yeah, I'm pretty curious about the cape.

Sure, they'll get outdone stat-wise by like a Lv100 Rare or Epic item, but the procs are still fairly powerful and unique.

(Looking at Wowhead though, the cloak procs seem to have modified a little bit as far as WoD is concerned.)

Fjordson

Yeah, the only thing I want are those heirloom weapons. Will be nice to have for 90-100.

vocab

I don't think there has been any rpg in existence that has dealt with the concept of new content new loot without replacing your gear. I've seen some games that take away your previous gear to kinda make you weak and vulnerable again, but games with loot in general are made to be replaced. Do people just want new gear to beworthless in general?

God I hate legendaries for everyone, especially ones required for progression.

Cipherr

Been spending some gold lately on little stuff I want. Gonna grab a ‎Ethereal Soul-Trader pet since I always wanted one, then grind a little gold, up to about 200k then hold for the expansion. Might level my Monk, but theres not much left for me to do in game until the patch. Im not terribly interested in the heirlooms from Garrosh, I like the feel of running the new dungeons and updating my gear when an Expansion hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom