• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlow

Gearing for levelling seems like a lot of misplaced work - all the weeks and months of effort raiding and grinding get erased in a week of levelling. At best, the gear will last until level 100 blues. I expect even the legendary cape will get outdone by a low end epic in the first raid.

way before ;)
you can craft ilvl 640 cloaks, usable at lvl 91 atm.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I resubbed for 6 months T_T. THERES NOTHING TO EVEN DO FOR THREE OF THEM!

I keep thinking about resubbing now instead of waiting, but then I realize I might as well just flush the money down the toilet.

I'm still not 100% sure I'm getting WoD right away. It seems to be a little lackluster. I can already tell the Garrison is just a timesink device.

Tacitus_

Gearing for levelling seems like a lot of misplaced work - all the weeks and months of effort raiding and grinding get erased in a week of levelling. At best, the gear will last until level 100 blues. I expect even the legendary cape will get outdone by a low end epic in the first raid.

Well, it helps you to get faster to the endgame. And WoD quest items don't really rate that high, unless you're all in LFR stuff or something. If you're in heroic purples, you won't replace them until max (and have everything enchanted etc)

Artanisix

I resubbed and am now leveling a lock. I really want to get the Challenge Mode set before 6.0 comes out. I'm actually having a good time leveling up, warlocks are a lot more interesting than when I last played them (re: tbc).

Would love to kill Garrosh for wolfy mount but I don't think that'll happen.

Milennia

I have been a bit bored lately, first time since returning.

Beta has been ramping up and so have things int he guild, which is awesome but i find myself finishing all i need to finish in the span of a few days, leaving the entire rest of the week to do with as i wish.

Im glad xillia 2 is on tuesday, should soak up a majority of the week for me.

Hopefully by next weekend i should have put my lock at a reasonably ilvl to get a spot in our guild hc kill..
Using a friend char to do hc rubs me the wrong way, but my char had TERRIBLE luck i'm normal mode drop.. Did flex, normal, lfr and my ilvl is like 554... I must be cursed, i go to a raid with my tono, no drop i. Cloth of for caster.. I go with other toon, and we drop immerseus binding hc warforged... Happened two times straight...

Magnus

Well, it helps you to get faster to the endgame. And WoD quest items don't really rate that high, unless you're all in LFR stuff or something. If you're in heroic purples, you won't replace them until max (and have everything enchanted etc)

My normal+ raiding days are behind me. Can't commit to the schedules. So I'm all in Flex gear or worse.

strafer

A quest reward green transformed into a purple...ilevel 528.. better than my shoulders I had on... from SoO.

Love the random blue or purple it can transform into.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A quest reward green transformed into a purple...ilevel 528.. better than my shoulders I had on... from SoO.

Love the random blue or purple it can transform into.

What's this gear transformation thing?

TheYanger

What's this gear transformation thing?

I didn't know about it either. Quest rewards in WoD can randomly upgrade as a perk, green turning blue or rarely purple etc.

X5NtID1.jpg
This was a 510 green on the 'pick your reward' window. Confused the hell out of me.

Corsick

I didn't know about it either. Quest rewards in WoD can randomly upgrade as a perk, green turning blue or rarely purple etc.

This was a 510 green on the 'pick your reward' window. Confused the hell out of me.

That screen reminds me of the changes to stats. I appreciate the stat squish a lot. Numbers being inflated to asinine proportions where I can work out very little in my head and so much screen space is taken up by oodles of digits was nauseating. It was just hard to look at in general. Glad that things have become a bit more neat and tidy.

Castcoder

Banned
I just started on Friday with a Starter Account and have made it to level 15. So far I'm enjoying it a bit, but I feel like it's sorta hard to figure out what else I can do in the game. Nobody talks, which I assume is a server population issue, plus the game isn't clear on any sort of direction. I started as a Draenei Warrior and have made it to a second island via a flight station. I'm by the area near Malfurion right now, but I've never seen a single town or highly populated area. Any tips for continuing so it doesn't get stale? I'd like to get into WoW, but feel I need some pointers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just started on Friday with a Starter Account and have made it to level 15. So far I'm enjoying it a bit, but I feel like it's sorta hard to figure out what else I can do in the game. Nobody talks, which I assume is a server population issue, plus the game isn't clear on any sort of direction. I started as a Draenei Warrior and have made it to a second island via a flight station. I'm by the area near Malfurion right now, but I've never seen a single town or highly populated area. Any tips for continuing so it doesn't get stale? I'd like to get into WoW, but feel I need some pointers.

Every leveling zone is a ghost town you'll only see people at high levels, hell most people just chain dungeons to level these days, they literally stay in the same spot just doing consecutive dungeons

TheYanger

So, your initial questing experience as a draenei is going to be a bit outdated, but still MOSTLY guided, really the easiest way to learn the basics is to READ THE TUTORIALS as they pop up, and follow the quests where they take you. You'll outlevel some of it too quickly because they've adjusted levelling speeds, but if you actually do the quests in a zone in order they're VERY good about leading you the correct way. If you feel overwhelmed you may want to try one of the other races, either newer or older. Draenei and Blood elf are in a special bubble of 'old' style content, where every other race was either so old it got revamped, or is new since that era anyway. Questing tends to be very hand-holdy in terms of where it leads you, but since it's an MMO you're also free to just go somewhere else at any time which can be daunting and confusing if you don't know what you're doing.

The BASIC levelling experience:
Make a character, follow the !s and tutorials as they give em to you, and it should lead you solidly from zone to zone to zone. If you find you're not getting enough XP or get bored, you can go into the capital cities once you've found them (around level 8-10 I think for most races) and there are Hero's Call boards there, look like big billboards with exclamaition marks over them. These will ALWAYS send you to a level appropriate zone for questing if you feel you don't know where to go, and then you can just follow that quest chain. Starting at 15 you can hit 'i' to bring up the dungeon finder window and get matched up for dungeons and such. That's pretty much it for the levelling experience at it's most basic level. there are a LOT of other systems to interact with and things to do, like pet battles and such, but they're not integral to the basic gameplay in that way.

Every leveling zone is a ghost town you'll only see people at high levels, hell most people just chain dungeons to level these days, they literally stay in the same spot just doing consecutive dungeons

Nah, They're all cross-realm, it coalesces lots of servers together in underpopulated zones. They'll rarely be bustling but there will be people. Draenei and BE starting areas are special, nobody uses them.

Nokterian

Queue for Dungeons and get to 70, then go to the board in Stormwind/Ironforge and go to Northrend.

Leveling with Zygor is really the way to go, it totally removes any thinking and guesswork and really lets you play at the most efficient xp/hour rate.

I have Zygor, best money i spend because yes it removes all the clutter of annoying quests and streamlines what you need to do.

I did Zygor once. I appreciated the efficiency and accuracy of it, but I also started to feel very removed from the experience. It took a lot of autonomy and joy out of my experience.

As a veteran i just want to level the best and easiest way to go to 90. If your totally new just do well everything if possible but to me i just want to get it done and that's why i bought for both alliance and horde questing guides.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I have Zygor, best money i spend because yes it removes all the clutter of annoying quests and streamlines what you need to do.

As a veteran i just want to level the best and easiest way to go to 90. If your totally new just do well everything if possible but to me i just want to get it done and that's why i bought for both alliance and horde questing guides.

Well, I mean it's not worth 60 bucks or whatever. That's insane.

Nokterian

Well, I mean don't PAY for it. That's insane.

Why? it's a guide and totally works always up to date. It isn't against Blizzard TOS. If you want the best guide to level from horde or alliance from 1 to 90 those guys made the best and i leveled a few with this and it just works they put a lot of work in it to go the fastest route and xp. Btw it's 50 dollars total for Alliance and Horde leveling guides. Like i said i don't have the time these to stroll around every single area and do every single quest. This guide provides me what needs to be done.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Why? it's a guide and totally works always up to date. It isn't against Blizzard TOS. If you want the best guide to level from horde or alliance from 1 to 90 those guys made the best and i leveled a few with this and it just works they put a lot of work in it to go the fastest route and xp. Btw it's 50 dollars total for Alliance and Horde leveling guides. Like i said i don't have the time these to stroll around every single area and do every single quest. This guide provides me what needs to be done.

They hand out free samples of their guide, its better to get it that way than to pay for it. It's nice and all, but it's not worth the money imo.

Nokterian

They hand out free samples of their guide, its better to get it that way than to pay for it. It's nice and all, but it's not worth the money imo.

Trial doesn't give you the whole shabang from 1 to 90. Guess you never knew that? It's a trial and limited to around level 20 and just a few other small examples of there other guides it's a small piece of the pie. How can you know it's not worth it? I am playing with this for a whole year now and it's fun to level new alts this way.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Anyway does anyone think its funny that the Warcraft movie will be released in the middle of WoD and essentially the two most up-to-date Warcraft products will be telling the original story, and then the alternate reality version of that story?

People are gonna be so confused.

Little question here guys, I haven't played WoW for ages and my first character is a lvl 67 Paladin. I wanted to jump online to have a quick look around so used the 10 trial thing for Mist of Pandaria.

Now my question is will have to make a new character as these things have a lvl 20 limit or can I still play with my Paladin? If not I might hold the download until I go to bed.

Tamanon

Banned
Little question here guys, I haven't played WoW for ages and my first character is a lvl 67 Paladin. I wanted to jump online to have a quick look around so used the 10 trial thing for Mist of Pandaria.

Now my question is will have to make a new character as these things have a lvl 20 limit or can I still play with my Paladin? If not I might hold the download until I go to bed.

You'll have a level 20 limit and it'll be a separate account from your 67. But it might not be a bad idea to trial, as the game has changed a ton.

You'll have a level 20 limit and it'll be a separate account from your 67. But it might not be a bad idea to trial, as the game has changed a ton.

I joined when Cataclysm was the newest expansion and played mostly by myself which was alright I guess now they have some kind of matchmaking instance system (didn't have that when I had a trial in '06).

screenshot2014-08-18alpj0f.png

Getting there.

TheYanger

I think the mists of Pandaria trial lets you play ACTUAL high level content for 10 days? The instance finder has been in the game since Wrath of the Lich King so you've definitely missed a lot heh.

I think the mists of Pandaria trial lets you play ACTUAL high level content for 10 days? The instance finder has been in the game since Wrath of the Lich King so you've definitely missed a lot heh.

I just actually managed to log into my 67 wasn't doing as well as I thought I was >.<

Magnus

With level 90 boosts readily available for $60, why even bother paying for a levelling guide anymore?

Anyway does anyone think its funny that the Warcraft movie will be released in the middle of WoD and essentially the two most up-to-date Warcraft products will be telling the original story, and then the alternate reality version of that story?

People are gonna be so confused.

And just think, the film will actually be telling its own version of the original story; no doubt there will be variations and streamlining done from the original WC story.

Minion101

Banned
I haven't played since Cata launch (mainly played shadow priest) and this this vid made priests look kinda crazy. Some of these abilities would have been handly back in the day verse rogues. I'm sure in the real world these abilities aren't as great as they look.

Kintaco

Thanks Blizz for upgrading my two accounts that I haven't used in years to MoP for free, while the active account I currently have didn't get upgraded. :(

Dicer

Banned
So, blizzard gave away quite alot of beta keys at gamescom today. Two employees went through the crowd and gave out keys to people at random. Or they chose someone and he/she had to answer a question from the host, right answer would get another prize and a beta key.

First, the guy right next to me gets a key...then the guy right in front of me gets a key.

After the event you could queue up for autographs from blizzard developers. I was standing in line, there was a couple in front of me. They both won previously (nd artbook and WOD 2015 Calendar), so they had keys. Suddenly a guy from blizzard walks up to them, does a little smalltalk and gives them another 2 keys...they said they already had one, so he said "Well, then I guess it's your lucky day. Now you have 2!"...that was harsh man. The girl even teased me with "maybe I should give it to you!", but she didn't mean it. Life is cruel, indeed. Hah.

What a super douche...

Corsick

Do we have any idea when Blood Elf models will be patched in? They're the ones that are not going to be done pre launch, correct?

Rhaknar

Do we have any idea when Blood Elf models will be patched in? They're the ones that are not going to be done pre launch, correct?

they said later so 6.1 or 6.2 at the latest I would guess

Rhaknar

You think that's bad, look at my hunter =P

hunterdkcob.jpg

LOL they destroyed what was by far the best human female face (my old warlock used to have that face, the only time I ever played a human)

im not impressed at all with these models in practice, and ive especially been thinking about how actually important they are for anyone outside of RPers, as I know I always use helmets showing, as do 95% of the players I see out and about on their tier sets and whatnot, so in the end, all this work on the new faces wont even be seen on most models

At least you guys are in the beta... ;_;

also this :(

TheYanger

There are good faces for all of these, but some of the translated faces are a bit funky. That human one you posted is woof. But a lot of em are decent. I think they're having a hard time making the more 'generic' races not look samefacey, human females are all similar, etc. The distinct ones look way more different.

Rhaknar

There are good faces for all of these, but some of the translated faces are a bit funky. That human one you posted is woof. But a lot of em are decent. I think they're having a hard time making the more 'generic' races not look samefacey, human females are all similar, etc. The distinct ones look way more different.

if they dont give every one of our characters a free remodel they are batshit insane out of their goddamn minds if the differences end up being this severe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom