• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

updated gorehowl

axe_2h_gorehowl_d_01_hd.jpg

I was always too lazy to level inscription but was still fairly serious about gold-making. Guess one of my projects between now and the xpac (just re-subbed this weekend!) will be using my free 90 to learn inscription. Do you still have to use the daily cooldown(s) to learn some of the glyph recipes or is that totally gone at this point?

Don't waste your boost on it. It's seriously probably the easiest/cheapest crafting profession to level.

And yes, you have to do research to learn glyphs and that alone will take you something like 40+ days, not including the BoP world drop or Timeless Isle ones. This should be revamped in Warlords though to make it easier to learn everything based off what's been datamined with non-cooldown research. But right now it's a very hostile environment to fresh entrants. The big money-maker for the first few months of the expac will be darkmoon cards though.

TheYanger

Looks like the new beta build has the different facial modelling adjustments for female humans. :p So the last page of whining can re-commence. They all look a lot more different now.

az6d8K9.png

That's the one that we were complaining about yeah? idk looks much closer now to me. Could tell it was that one on creation now. Grey hair might not be doing it any favors but whatever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Garrosh heirlooms? The drop rate is supposed to be significantly increased once 6.0 hits. Yet another reason I'm waiting till then to resub.

I hope it's doable with a smaller decently geared group of 100's. I'd love to get a full set on my main and do alt leveling that way.

The Garrosh heirlooms? The drop rate is supposed to be significantly increased once 6.0 hits. Yet another reason I'm waiting till then to resub.

Yeah but that's gonna be like 4-6 lockouts tops. I mean sure, but I'd like as many as I can get.

I hope it's doable with a smaller decently geared group of 100's. I'd love to get a full set on my main and do alt leveling that way.

They're being removed when Draenor opens.

antonz

Oh man Gamon showed up in my Garrison. he came out to Draenor to continue his purging of orcs for his years of being abused

Artanisix

Yeah but that's gonna be like 4-6 lockouts tops. I mean sure, but I'd like as many as I can get.

They're being removed when Draenor opens.

Think he's talking about SoO being doable with 5-man teams like Dragon Soul and Firelands is now.

I think it should be, although all the tank mechanics might throw that for a loop.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Warriors in WoD lookin worse and worse, build after build they somehow get worse. Think I'm changing mains to rogue or shaman.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Haha, warriors look way better than Shaman in WoD.

I don't know man, playing on the beta they are just god awful boring compared to MoP. Arms just feels slow and dead with no procs and lots of open GCDs, and fury is just a mess that gives carpel tunneling with 0.5s GCD WS and the 0s CD on bloodthirst talent (which seems to be shaking out as #1). Maybe since they nerfed the shit out of overtuned execute and mortal strike in the most recent build, they'll notice the spec's other flaws.

I haven't really tested enhance shaman yet, but briefly looking it seems to be relatively similar to my MoP enhance, no?

Valnen

Looks like the new beta build has the different facial modelling adjustments for female humans. :p So the last page of whining can re-commence. They all look a lot more different now.

az6d8K9.png

That's the one that we were complaining about yeah? idk looks much closer now to me. Could tell it was that one on creation now. Grey hair might not be doing it any favors but whatever.

They look so...droopy compared to the other races. The new orc females look fantastic compared to this, for example. That looks a little better but it still needs more work.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I really hate Wowheads beta key giveaway. I've authenticated tons of characters on their profiler, but I guess they reset it or something, since none of them are connected to my wowhead account now.

So incredibly annoying, especially since you don't need an active account to beta test.

I've never gotten into any Blizzard beta ;_;

TheYanger

As someone obsessed with female orcs I command you to post comparisons for each and every one of the facial options!

They're definitely not yet done with the female orc face 'reshaping' so that their expressions match the originals. Just textures over the same 'generic' expression still. (The minor emoting you see is just the model fidgeting around during char creation)
Orcs:

lazygecko

Still got a long way to go. I wonder how they're going to do face #5 justice.

I've been browsing through that old blog about WoW and there's so many interesting tidbits in it.

"The Emerald Dream is shaping up to be extremely cool. We don't want to preview any of that content yet as it is *endgame* and we want some surprises for players.

The zone is massive and beautiful. And once the content team is done with it, it will be exceedingly challenging >=]

Actually, we have some pretty cool stuff planned for druids. They will definitely have a link to the Emerald Dream. There's also a zone on the way to the peak of Mount Hyjal called Moonglade that will be very core to druid characters. Our *master of Warcraft lore*, Chris Metzen, is never short on ideas when it comes to the druid class. I was running around the Emerald Dream last Thursday... you guys are in for a treat. The level designers are doing a killer job."

I guess all that hard work from the level designers is pretty much scrapped for sure at this point. All we got for the Emerald Dream was for part of a WotLK quest that was over in a minute or two.

Firehead

Looks like I was deemed cool enough to be given Mists of pandas and I haven't even resubscribed. Just when I was thinking of coming back.

ibcdhRGEUAxEoz.jpg

Yeah, got this as well. Was sceptical at first, but I checked my Battle.Net account and yeah..

I've never even subbed to WoW with this account. The only reason I owned the past expansions, was because Blizzard gave them to me for whatever reason. This isn't even my OG blizzard account... I got rid of it many years ago.

Dunno if I should hop in... last time I really enjoyed WoW was during vanilla. And I dropped out around the time Lich King came out..

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
jesus christ some of the original femorc faces are nightmare fuel

az6d8K9.png

She finally has a jaw, so her mouth has been moved up to make room for actual teeth. Not really 'droopy' just less of a runway model and more the type who would be picking up a sword/gun/shield in a time of war.

I can live with F Human, both my lock and my mage are humans. I'm going to have to see hair in motion though my lock uses Option 5 in the shot below

imZyspAONDNYD.jpg

Would be a shame if the shape of the hair changes too much I like how it flares outwards.

World of Barbiecraft |OT6| Come in and compare how well-groomed your dolls are!

ampere

http://i.imgur.com/EfVcTMv.png
Best FemOrc face remains best face, confirmed.

I'll stop posting this stuff sorry >.<[/QUOTE]

Haha no way this stuff is a big deal. It's definitely better to include comparison pics like you're doing if possible. I should post some for my toons.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
played with my lock today, forgot how much I like demonology. Trying to get tier 14 LFR (looks amazing on a male dog) since Im a poor peasant that cant do challenge modes, I only got the head to drop unfortunately, and then realized you cant use mogu runes on t14 content for extra rolls...

so I went to the thunder island to try and get elder charms and farm the green fire book, I got no elder charms nor the book (friend of mine got the book on his first rare kill the other day), then I was sleepy and went to bed, ill try again tomorow. I did do all the story scenarios in there and was reminded how good they are, Thunder Island and the raid were probably the peak of Mists for me, I hope we get alot more of those single player story scenarios in WoD

Really want to finish t14, and then try and get the t8 25man chest to complete my t8 (my favorite lock set in the game until t14 came out and then challenge modes, its still probably tied with t14 for me), and ill be ready for warlords. Just need to decide if im playing lock or mage (was sure it was mage until today lol)

ampere

Some of my characters and how they have updated (left is new, right is old):

Monk (main): I like it. Widow's peak got toned down a bit, but it's alright. Also got a few extra teeth on the bottom row lol.

Shaman (old main): Love it. Dwarves just really translated well, especially considering how important hair/beard graphics are for Dwarves.

Warrior: I like it. Night Elves turned out really well!

DK: Hey giiiiiirl. Just kidding, but I really like how this one translated. Some of the human female updates didn't work out as well... (see my priest)

Priest: Umm.... not really what I envisioned. Feels a lot different... not thrilled.

Rogue: Uh, yeah no. Gnomes look alright, but it didn't translated what I expected at all really.

edit: updated so left is new model, right is old

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ciao, not to be a dick, but you really should put all the old pictures and the new pictures in the same columm, for someone not super into what the new models look its super confusing how you have the old/new on left/right sometimes, and then right/left on others

Valnen

Human female eyes look so terrible.

Yeah I hope they fix them or I'm gonna need to buy race changes on more than one character =/.

Cbvzklb.jpg

dat Sargeras

Oh shit. Isn't this the first official art of Sargeras they've made in a long time?

Female humans. WAY too many fucking faces jesus. Last one has its eyes shut but I closed the game so deal with it :p It's a pretty standout face you probably know it anyway lol.

I use face 2. It's ruined =(. Maybe it looks better in motion?

ampere

ciao, not to be a dick, but you really should put all the old pictures and the new pictures in the same columm, for someone not super into what the new models look its super confusing how you have the old/new on left/right sometimes, and then right/left on others

Ya fair point. Updated my post

I use face 2. It's ruined =(. Maybe it looks better in motion?

The animations for every race I have played with are fantastic, though obviously subjective. I have a feeling you will at least be quite happy with animations.

So I just noticed they upgraded my two frozen alt licenses to Mists. Not that I'm likely to ever use them much, if at all, again. Nice, if mostly useless.

Now if only they'd give me a beta key ;_;

Not exactly sure what you mean by don't waste my boost on it

Oh you already boosted the character to 90?

If you didn't know, using the free boost (or a paid one), if your character has primary professions learned and is level 60 or above, they'll automatically be raised to the current max skill level of those professions. Can save a ton of gold/time for some of the harder to level ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom