• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah I'm still tinkering with classes on beta and for me so far:

*Rogues feel great. Same rotations pretty much, just smoothed out and quality of life improved greatly.
*DK feels awesome.
*Warlocks are pretty fun.
*Rets are the most fun imo with empowered divine storm; I absolutely loved the wrath days of divine storm in the single target rotation, that ability is just too swag to be weak or a glorified whirlwind.
*Warriors are fucking awful... I absolutely love MoP warrior, the PvE rotations of both Fury and Arms are fun and dynamic. WoD just kills it, and I think the big reason is that both specs got their rage dumps neutered. Only one rage dump for each and they are both probably the most boring abilities in the spec--whirlwind and wild strike. Spending rage should be a big a deal and a core part of the rotation, right now it just feels like an afterthought. Dumping that runic power for a string of hard hitting frost strikes for frost dw or runes for gigantic obliterates for 2h is fun. Getting that empowered divine storm for ret is exhilarating. Hope they go back to the drawing board before launch cause pretty much every warrior is going to go prot/gladiator stance otherwise.

vocab

Anyone with Warlock impressions from PTR/beta let them floweth. Heavily leaning towards that as my main WoD character.

Aff bad. Rightfully so because they are overpowered as fuck in Soo.

Destro is pretty much the same. Charred remains or whatever is just another damn talent that gives them more embers which is ridiculous. Aoe chaos bolts padding ahead. Don't even need to really use backdraft charges last I checked because youll always have embers. You can say the spec is even easier, but it's still just as powerful.

Demo gets demon ball? which is just kind of boring in practice, but gives them something else to make to maximize demonic fury generation with.

Honestly they are pretty much the same. Aff sucks. No one cares.

If you like them now youll like them in wod, they are not going to be broken as fuck as they are now..... so if being balanced and having KJC on a cool down sounds appealing, go for it.

milk balance resto review pls thx

Balance is the most changed spec in wod and probably will change even more up till release.

Resto druid? Brain dead super powerful healer. There's my review. There hasn't been a lot of healer tuning right now, but resto druid is easily the best healer starting in wod.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If you like them now youll like them in wod, they are not going to be broken as fuck as they are now..... so if being balanced and having KJC on a cool down sounds appealing, go for it.

Who even uses KJC for raiding though? Double Dark Soul is way better.

Even PVP, you lose a little mobility, but with the right comp shooting out chaos bolts with dark soul that long is so much stronk in BGs.

Charred remains looks pretty fun to get all your DPS into Chaos Bolts, and I hope the one that lets you permanently summon a doomguard lets you Grimoire of Sacrifice it for a better buff there, but I doubt that will happen, at least right away.

Got my beta invite today. I really want to check out how my toons looks, the wowhead profiler doesn't give me much hope. But I really don't want to spoil myself. Hmm what to do?

I hope they do some more work on human males, my dude has the full beard on live but it's a goatee on beta.

They also look weirdly bushy on beta instead of trimmed on live.

strafer

I love the fact that Tyrande is on the Horde side.

Night Elf to join Horde and Blood Elves to join Alliance.

421074.jpg

I loved to play Taurens all the time, but somehow the overall look of the new tauren faces just dont get me. They just dont look like the old Tauren to me, more like a Pixar version of Taurens. I hope they look better ingame, atm they dont remind me of my old Tauren chars at all.

Copied my human male paladin over to the beta.

What a fucking disappointment.

This isn't my character's face. It's unrecognizable, even if it's higher quality.

Sucks. :(
The models arent finished yet, Blizzard already said they are still working on each face to match more with the original look..

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Never thought about it like that. Nice.

Makes sense now.

lol its been like that for years. Kalimdor loading screen shows races where their capitals(or leaders...) are in Kalimdor and same with the other continent. Or did you think undeads and blood elves being on the Eastern Kingdom loading screen meant they were going to be Alliance one day?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Playing PTR:

Frost DK and Unholy DK feel good
Feral Druid and Guardian Druid feel good
Enhancement Shaman feels good

Warrior feels baaaaaaaad
I agree on this. At lvl 100 optimized (as much as it's possible in the beta) Arms is decent, haven't really tried Fury. But the class feels very slow.

Felspawn

Got my off hand glaive finally! Got the main hand 3 or 4 times before this haha.

Different rewards for Warlords, the Pandaria rewards are going away. Maybe they'll appear on the BMAH in the future, but that's probably it.

i'm in the opposite boat, my DK has had the offhand drop a few times now, still no main hand :(

Jag

Anyone know if you can get on the PTR if you don't have an active sub? I thought you could in the past.

I'll be subbing for 6.0, just not ready to jump back into the pool yet.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if you can get on the PTR if you don't have an active sub? I thought you could in the past.

I'll be subbing for 6.0, just not ready to jump back into the pool yet.
From what I've heard, eligibility for PTR access is determined a few weeks before the period begins, and to be eligible for PTR access you must at that time have an active account. You don't need an active account to play on the PTR.

Grats on the 90, lots of stuff to do before 6.0 hits

Yeah not even sure where to begin other then timeless isle. Just gonna spend some time here to improve my gear a bit then start grinding some heroics I think.

Any tips on killing elites etc on the isle? Everything just destroys me.

Magnus

Yeah not even sure where to begin other then timeless isle. Just gonna spend some time here to improve my gear a bit then start grinding some heroics I think.

Group with people. Or go on a World Boss tour to rapidly score some decent 480-500 level epics to get you started. Once you're in the 480+ range, you'll be able to handle Timeless Isle no problem.

Felspawn

1) Spec blood, you need to be able to take a hit and self-heal while still being able to do damage to burn things down, Blood spec does that nicely, better then the other tanks specs in my experience (which honestly has only been with paladins but still)

2) stay around the celestial courtyard and look for loot boxes before venturing elsewhere on the isle. you dont want to go fighting frogs or ordo's mooks until you are ready.

3) you dont need to immedialely start killing the elites on the island. explore first, find loot and then once your mostly in 496 gear then start to fight

when i first got to the island i was as fragile as anyone else by the time i left the isle i could run onto the pirate ship of elites (including the rare) aggro the entire boat and burn everyone down. you'll get there to, just takes some time

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

At lvl 430, that is what is gonna happen. The easiest mobs to take down are Brilliant Windfeathers and Spotted Swarmers (if single pulled), in my opinion. Otherwise, you can stock up on some basic gear at item level 476-496 by purchasing them with Justice Points from faction quartermasters at Niuzao Temple in Townlong Steppes.

fuzzyset

Rösti;129319319 said:
At lvl 430, that is what is gonna happen. The easiest mobs to take down are Brilliant Windfeathers and Spotted Swarmers (if single pulled), in my opinion. Otherwise, you can stock up on some basic gear at item level 476-496 by purchasing them with Justice Points from faction quartermasters at Niuzao Temple in Townlong Steppes.

I would recommend using your justice points to convert to honor to buy 522 PVP gear. You'll get way more mileage outta those epics than justice blues.

On timeless, follow this guide, if you want to just get all the chests. Hang out and ride around. Get tags on rare spawns. These are cross faction now. One frost fever on a rare spawn gives you full loot which has a high chance to drop gear. After a night on Timeless farming a few rares and getting all the 1time chests, you should have nearly a full set of plate. If you're lucky, you'll get some rings, neck or trinket too. It is also possible to corpse run to the big Burden chest near Ordos (this gives you a token to turn one of the 496 Timeless pieces into 535). People usually save a ring or chest or something for these. You can only use a Burden if you haven't 'opened' the Timeless piece. Also, tag a celestial once a week. They drop 550 gear (use warforged seals for extra rolls).

Other than that, get the Heroic Scenario quest in your faction's Shrine. The quest gives you a guaranteed 516 Epic for completing your first Heroic Scenario. I was lucky on my new alt and got a staff.

I would recommend you save all your Timeless coins for a weapon (20k for a 2H). When I hit 90 on my DK, I was stuck with a 476 blue 2H for so long. Really hampered my DPS. You could get lucky in LFR with a 502 weapon from ToT or 528 one from SoO but I never saw one over the course a several weeks (quickly dropped the DK to go back to my main).

Jag

Rösti;129317438 said:
From what I've heard, eligibility for PTR access is determined a few weeks before the period begins, and to be eligible for PTR access you must at that time have an active account. You don't need an active account to play on the PTR.

Thanks. That's probably why I was able to do it in the past when I didn't have an active sub anymore.

ampere

Get the little treasure boxes, they frequently have the 496 armor tokens in them. Should be the fastest way to gear up as a fresh 90.

Check out this thread for more info, and the map here below:

Kintaco

Look up a timeless isle chest guide. You should get all the chests first to get as much gear as possible, then you should be able to hold your own.

mephesta

I resubbed last night. Seeing the Destiny launch stuff made me fell a little nostalgic. I have a level 85 priest, but I am looking for a high damage alt that can solo dungeon content really well. I am leaning toward DK or Hunter. What do you all think?

Felspawn

One thing i'm curious about is Prot pally leveling in WoD. With my DK leveling as blood as always been fun as i'm nearly unkillable but i still do enough damage where killing mobs doesnt become tedious, or require aoeing a dozen guys at once. However my paladin always felt like he was swinging a wet noodle instead of a weapon in Prot spec. Sure at the high echelons of the game prot pallys with logs of vengeance and haste could do good damage but i never found that to be the game in normal situations. has that changed in PTR/Beta?

Too many posts to quote but thanks heaps for the replies. Gonna start working on that chest map now.

A random invited me to a party before and he and his friend were taking down the rares in seconds, letting me just get the loot and epoch stones(one of my current quests is to get 50). Got to 15 and my internet crashed for like 2 hours. dammit.

Other than that, get the Heroic Scenario quest in your faction's Shrine. The quest gives you a guaranteed 516 Epic for completing your first Heroic Scenario. I was lucky on my new alt and got a staff.

I read doing Arena of Annihilation scenario is a guaranteed 450 weapon. Would this be worth doing still?

fuzzyset

I read doing Arena of Annihilation scenario is a guaranteed 450 weapon. Would this be worth doing still?

If it's better than what you have, maybe? I dunno how much effort that scenario takes. Spending time on Timeless Isle is what fresh 90s should do, BUT do what you enjoy. The game is about fun, not getting loot (right?). Getting your first 20k Timeless coins is pretty easy which gets you a 489 epic weapon. I think I have ~13k on my Warlock that just dinged after getting all the chests, doing the first round of quests, and looting some rare spawns.

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1mkwf8/faq_im_a_fresh_90_how_do_i_gear_up_patch_54/ if you want to maximize your gear/time ratio.

1up

I resubbed last night. Seeing the Destiny launch stuff made me fell a little nostalgic. I have a level 85 priest, but I am looking for a high damage alt that can solo dungeon content really well. I am leaning toward DK or Hunter. What do you all think?

I'd say go Hunter. I was able to solo H LK 25 yesterday with about 3 attempts. Spirit Bond is some OP healing in Solo PVE.

Saw the new video about Grommash, so he's a total douche as well. Like father like son.

Grommash didn't give the mercy kill he's waifu was asking for and let her bled to dead, wut?

Fjordson

My main is a hunter and they're pretty great at solo'ing. 25 man Yogg 0 lights, heroic 25 man Lich King, Firelands, etc. Will be even easier at 100 obviously. As mentioned above, spirit bond is great passive healing and you have a dependable tank with your pets.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Signed on the PTR to take a look at the new models. I think they look really nice. The animations to them are a nice touch.

Rösti;129308360 said:
I agree on this. At lvl 100 optimized (as much as it's possible in the beta) Arms is decent, haven't really tried Fury. But the class feels very slow.

I'll have to give it a try. I dislike arm's current implemenation because of overpower spam, feel more like fast small hits rather than big hits that you expect with a 2hand. Did you try talenting slam? That looks like it would add more to a rotation.

I'm more concerned about fury, looks like it will be awkward to play without a off gcd rage dump, especially when your rage dump can be procced to have no cost.

Savitar

This bites, got the download issue to work for the beta.

Now I'm getting a black screen of death when I try to play the beta.

Anyone have that issue? Or solve it? Not having any luck here.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This bites, got the download issue to work for the beta.

Now I'm getting a black screen of death when I try to play the beta.

Anyone have that issue? Or solve it? Not having any luck here.
Do you run the game as Administrator? Have you tried executing the program both via a shortcut and the Battle.net desktop app? Have you tried deleting Config.wtf to see if that changes anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom