• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Welp, here is the timetable for the anniversary stuff.

"The 10-year anniversary celebration will begin in-game on Friday, November 21 and will last until Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 10 a.m. PST. Everyone who logs in during this time period will receive the incredibly cuddly, feisty, and fiery new Molten Corgi to love, pet, and call their own. You’ll also be able to participate in a pair of special events to commemorate the occasion."

Should be plenty of time to at least get 1 level 100 by then.

Holy shit trying to get a Garrosh kill group on Wednesday is worse than LFR on a Monday. SO BAD.

Must've gone through 5 groups this morning/afternoon on my lock before I got one that did it (albeit a messy kill.)

No heirloom or Black Blood though :(

Salamando

Holy shit trying to get a Garrosh kill group on Wednesday is worse than LFR on a Monday. SO BAD.

Must've gone through 5 groups this morning/afternoon on my lock before I got one that did it (albeit a messy kill.)

No heirloom or Black Blood though :(

Sounds a lot like my Garrosh kills. 15 times on Normal, two heirlooms. Black blood dropped once, but a damned pug won it. Even coined him every week I could.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I've got two heroic black bloods, you guys want my spare?

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Working more on H Garrosh tonight. We managed to get to phase 3 ONCE last night, and a few wipes in Terrace. Oddly, the time we got to phase 3 is because we managed to do enough DPS to skip Terrace.

No one expected the damage from Empowered Whirling!!!

I'm planning to try PTR tonight on my Monk or Shaman to see how things are looking. I've played Beta quite a few times on my Shaman but never on my monk.

M.D

http://www.wowhead.com/item=99174

Got these gloves from killing the Black Ox today, felt pretty awesome when they dropped ;p
Is this the highest level for items outside the legendary cloack?

Also got the thing that upgrades your timeless gear to ilvl 535 and used it on a ring I was saving just for this, but it rolled haste + mastery instead of crit like my other timeless ring

Arcayne

Level 86 (Feral Druid) now after a good 2-3 weeks of casually playing with my gf (Frost Mage). Shes absolutely enjoying the game, but I'm just floored with how good WoW still is. I haven't played in 6 years and its crazy seeing all the content waiting to be explored. For reference, killing Illidan and progression in Sunwell was the last time I played.

I must say, leveling is incredibly faster than before. I feel bad skipping several continents in TBC, Wotlk, and Cata cuz quest leveling and insta-dungeon queues are exp fests. I'll go back and quest when I'm 90 though. Having a blast though!

I could look it up myself, but for the sake of this being a discussion forum, what should I/we immediately start doing upon hitting 90?

Salamando

http://www.wowhead.com/item=99174

Got these gloves from killing the Black Ox today, felt pretty awesome when they dropped ;p
Is this the highest level for items outside the legendary cloack?

Also got the thing that upgrades your timeless gear to ilvl 535 and used it on a ring I was saving just for this, but it rolled haste + mastery instead of crit like my other timeless ring

That you can get outside of raiding, more or less. Ordos drops Warforged gear, which is six item levels above that. Tier pieces can't be warforged though.

The full ilvl system goes as follows...
553 = Normal gear.
559 = Warforged Normal gear.
566 = Heroic gear.
572 = Heroic Warforged gear.

And that gear can be upgraded with valor up to 4 times, granting 4 ilvl each upgrade.

I could look it up myself, but for the sake of this being a discussion forum, what should I/we immediately start doing upon hitting 90?

Get to Timeless Isle. A page back, a map was posted of Isle's chests. Chests can contain items that create epics. By far the quickest way to gear up for LFR.

Fularu

Banned
Grumble

Finding a decent heroic SOO group is proving to be very difficult

(And lol at the groups on oQ asking for 582+ ilvl, i wouldn't need to find a pug if I had that)

MMO-Champion said:
Barber - Facial Re-customization
You can now change your face for a ~32 gold fee when visiting the barber!
poorChoices.jpg

Awesome news

Savitar

New update means it's working, no more black screen.

Made a character and went to bind a mount only to see had all of them, was looking at them in glee when the realm went down.

Doh.

vocab

Same..... but not looking forward to finding a worth while guild for progression.

You should do that now, and not when wod is out because most rosters will be finalized for the most part the day of the raid opens. Doesn't even have to be a good guild as long as they completed the content. Many people on breaks, and it's easy to come in a secure a spot.

Shouldnt be hard to find something on your server. On the other hand, if you do normal, and heroic with pugs, finding a mythic guild should be easier during the expansion because you got the gear.

FINALLY got paper covered rock and got Deck Your Collection!

I didn't think I was going to get it all done before 6.0!

I farmed till 4 am for the vial of red ooze. I was about to be really mad that RNG would beat me like it did back in BC.

ampere

Awesome news

Awesome! You can change your face now with gold.

poorChoices2.jpg

Megaton if there ever was one... holy shit. Thank you based god

My priest is just an alt, but the 6.0 face looks NOTHING like the current one. So glad I can change for free!

Now the only stuff you can't customize for free are skin color for certain races and sex

Working more on H Garrosh tonight. We managed to get to phase 3 ONCE last night, and a few wipes in Terrace. Oddly, the time we got to phase 3 is because we managed to do enough DPS to skip Terrace.

We actually intentionally don't skip Terrace so the healers can mana up a bit and CDs can cool off. Because of Empowered Whirling Corruption.

It's probably not the best strat since it extends the fight, but it's been working for us

PTR still isn't downloaded, but Draenei look so much better in motion. The new models are going to be excellent.

Also the seperate graphics option for raids is nice, I may tone down some stuff, though I'd rather prefer they find a way to utilize more cores on a processor or something.

On a side note, finally got Thunderfury
on my Barbarian :>

Dicer

Banned
PTR still isn't downloaded, but Draenei look so much better in motion. The new models are going to be excellent.

Also the seperate graphics option for raids is nice, I may tone down some stuff, though I'd rather prefer they find a way to utilize more cores on a processor or something.

On a side note, finally got Thunderfury
on my Barbarian :>

I don't like the run :(

mephesta

I'd say go Hunter. I was able to solo H LK 25 yesterday with about 3 attempts. Spirit Bond is some OP healing in Solo PVE.

My main is a hunter and they're pretty great at solo'ing. 25 man Yogg 0 lights, heroic 25 man Lich King, Firelands, etc. Will be even easier at 100 obviously. As mentioned above, spirit bond is great passive healing and you have a dependable tank with your pets.

Thanks!

Grrr all this Hunter solo talk has me wanting to boost a Hunter to L90 -- but I ordered the physical CE and can't do that until WoD releases.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
After playing off and on for over a week i have completed all solo questing content (and some not-solo stuff like Trial of the Naaru) in Outland. i arrived in Hellfire at level 62 and finished up Shadowmoon Valley at level 79. There are several quests left involving raids that ill come back to when i can solo it. For now though its time to head into Howling Fjord.

Fjordson

Ugh. Sargeras blew up right in the middle of Immerseus.

Hope it isn't more ddos attacks. Seems like the servers are fucked every week...

edit: seems to back better now I think?

I dont play anymore but no more talent trees? I loved making different builds! It was so much fun as a druid or any class. Has there been an outcry for bringing talent trees back?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I dont play anymore but no more talent trees? I loved making different builds! It was so much fun as a druid or any class. Has there been an outcry for bringing talent trees back?

Nope, it's pretty much never gonna happen. The talents are awesome, they never wanted those hybrid 41/30 specs anyway.

vocab

Nah, most of it is baked into the classes now. There's still an occasional this talent is clearly better than the other choices, but its up to play style preference, and there's a lot of talents that work better on other fights. The only problem with this system is that the hybrid classes don't have much choice. It's not bad with monks, but druids and shamans just get screwed bad.

TheYanger

They rightly killed those because the options were only illusory - bad players thought they had a lot of choice and ended up reinforcing their bad builds, hurting themselves. Good players had 0 choice - you knew what THE spec was.

lazygecko

So, if you can change your face in the barbershop then that also means that certain races that can also change their skin color there don't need to pay for recustomization at all.

Felspawn

So i tired out the PTR, made a pre-made DK and Pally and headed off to the timeless isle to mess around. DPS specs seem fine, Ret and Frost were kicking butt as per normal but man Tank specs seem so fragile relative to Live.

Heals for my Pally in Ret form are 5-10k flash heals which are few in number but relatively powerful given his 45k health. but WoD and Flash heal in the same gear on the same character in Prot pect are in the 700-900 range... Just a sliver of their health. Is that intended? does it ramp up once your actually taking damage due to resolve?

I was thinking about leveling Prot in WoD but was pretty disappointed with how prot performed. Looks like i'll be going ret.

Entropia

No One Remembers
They rightly killed those because the options were only illusory - bad players thought they had a lot of choice and ended up reinforcing their bad builds, hurting themselves. Good players had 0 choice - you knew what THE spec was.

I wrote a much longer post, but I kind of wish they revisited the original talent trees.
Here's how they could do it nowadays to make it a bit less homogenized:

2 talents each tier except for every 3rd tier. 2-2-1-2-2-1, etc. Talent points given every 5 levels for a total of 20 talent points. Each row is 3 talent points, except rows 3 and 6 which are only 1.

Tier 1: Secondary stat choices (Crit, Haste, Mastery, Armor or Spirit), 1-5%. There might be overlap; Haste might be under Elemental and Enhancement, but you can't put points in the Enhancement one if you have points in the Elemental one.
Tier 2: You can only put points in a talent based on what you put points in above.
Tier 3: An ability or passive, you get this talent no matter which 'path' you went down
Tier 4: Whatever
Tier 5: Whatever, again uses the same restriction as in Tier 2.
Tier 6: An ability or passive, again you get this talent no matter which 'path' you went down. However, you cannot pick this talent if you are not the specialization that this talent lives in. (i.e. if it was in Enhancement and I was Elemental, I wouldn't be able to pick it)

I think it'd be fun to be able to put talents in Elemental as my main focus but some in Enhancement or Resto as well. It'd only be a maximum of 6 talents, which most people would put into tier 1 anyways.

Tacitus_

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm planning to try PTR tonight on my Monk or Shaman to see how things are looking. I've played Beta quite a few times on my Shaman but never on my monk.

We got our first few kills without skipping the Terrace. Our guild leader took some goading since he quite liked the mana & CD regen that it allowed us. So, if you need time for healing CDs & mana regen you should just do it and hang back at the start so you can regen in peace.

Just got done playing PTR, my thoughts on Arms/Fury:

Arms

Its a little awkward getting use to the rage system being pretty much the opposite of what it was. I don't think it deserves the bad rap its getting. There are two things I'd like to see changed though:

Slam should be baseline. Maybe not in its current implementation but whirlwinding is so annoying to look at. They should replace slam in the talents with improved whirlwind which does pretty much the same thing slam does now but with aoe damage increase + rage cost increase per cast, therefore you have a choice between passive play, aoe damage or single target.

Sudden needs to be smoothed out. It's either awfully streaky or very sparse, and this could lead to wide variance in dps especially if it lands in a colossus smash (might be best to glyph Colossus smash for raiding). Maybe a higher proc rate/duration with a set ICD, or a way to accumulate charges. I like the thought of weaving execute into colossus smash, but the duration usually makes this not possible, or the fear of missing out on procs due to how streaky it can be.

As far as damage goes, Arms is pretty beast. I though obliterate was critting hard until I popped recklessness, avatar and colossus smash. 9k crits seemed absurd, I wish character copy was working, would love to give it a try on my character.

Fury:

Fury is actually pretty neat, and I like the changes. Its less intimidating to new comers but still a little more complicated than Arms. I like the way bloodthirst handles, and dumping rage isn't a concern I thought it be (probably because the wild strike proc was reduced to 2 charges instead of 3). My favored talent is Sudden Death, but for players looking for that no downtime action, Unquenchable thirst works nicely. I think it could have legitimate chance at pvp this expansion, Bloodthirst hits hard now and you can let off some quick burst with the proc.

I tried DK, mostly unchanged but Unholy's diseases seem to do more damage. Frost seems exactly the same to me but I barely played it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
We got our first few kills without skipping the Terrace. Our guild leader took some goading since he quite liked the mana & CD regen that it allowed us. So, if you need time for healing CDs & mana regen you should just do it and hang back at the start so you can regen in peace.

Never thought of it like that, that's actually a great way to look at it. We still wiped to empowered whirls. We managed to heal through it with everyone popping personal defensive cooldowns and such, but some people were not mindful of their adds killing them.

I am thinking we can get a kill Sunday if we can get there and beyond consistently. We had tons of problems with people dying in Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom