• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I have beta access and that is still true. I have not personally done any old raids on beta, but I've read posts from people who have. For example if you hit a Squirrel (level 1 critter) on beta as a level 90 you do 2 million damage or something stupid. And that's with the item squish. I think the maximum bonus is 16.5x damage done and the minimum for damage taken is 10%.

Here's the nitty gritty, but this post is old so it's possible these values have changed a bit.

Cool, thanks, man! I'm looking at doing some heavy soloing of cata stuff since I didn't really get a chance to do it at all back in the day. I think I hit level 83 in cata and said "Fuck it".

It's cool they're doing this, but on the other hand I'd still like a LITTLE challenge. lol

StMeph

Cool, thanks, man! I'm looking at doing some heavy soloing of cata stuff since I didn't really get a chance to do it at all back in the day. I think I hit level 83 in cata and said "Fuck it".

It's cool they're doing this, but on the other hand I'd still like a LITTLE challenge. lol

Cata content is soloable by a DK in MoP already.

Guys, I'm playing again for the first time in years. Trying for free until level 20.

Is tanking still fun? Don't even know where to start :s

Everything has.. changed

ampere

We can't and WoD will make it slightly harder with the nerf to Second Wind

Ya'll should be fine if you go Prot and get some multistrike gear. Doing some heroic dungeon testing on beta I was able to kill some bosses from 50% when our healer died, the Blood Craze heal (procs off multistrikes) + Shield Barrier + Impending Victory was a lot of healing. Prob plenty for old content.

Plus now tanks do ~75% of a dps's damage and it doesn't vary with vengeance. Soloing as a tank spec should be even better than it is now depending on the age of the content.

Guys, I'm playing again for the first time in years. Trying for free until level 20.

Is tanking still fun? Don't even know where to start :s

Everything has.. changed

Tanking is very fun. Now your goal as a tank is to heal and mitigate, threat comes pretty much free. Example: as a Warrior you build rage with attacks and spend it on Shield Block (block everything for 6 seconds) and Shield Barrier (absorb some damage).

Ya'll should be fine if you go Prot and get some multistrike gear. Doing some heroic dungeon testing on beta I was able to kill some bosses from 50% when our healer died, the Blood Craze heal (procs off multistrikes) + Shield Barrier + Impending Victory was a lot of healing. Prob plenty for old content.

Plus now tanks do ~75% of a dps's damage and it doesn't vary with vengeance. Soloing as a tank spec should be even better than it is now depending on the age of the content.

Tanking is very fun. Now your goal as a tank is to heal and mitigate, threat comes pretty much free. Example: as a Warrior you build rage with attacks and spend it on Shield Block (block everything for 6 seconds) and Shield Barrier (absorb some damage).

Paladin or Warrior for a first timer? Tank I mean ofc

Yeah, so I'm going to start tanking on my warrior again. I haven't tanked on him since BC. Gonna be a hell of a change. Anyone here have any tips outside of what I'll find on Icy Veins? I'm already tanking on my DK and on My paladin.

Sadly you cannot tank in gladiator stance. Pure DPS only.

Yup but being able to switch to DPS on one tank fights looks really attractive compared to other tanks. I haven't looked into the stats glad stance benefits from but if it has the same weights as the tanking stats do I'm strongly going to consider using it. Gear stats switching based on spec sounds nice, but who knows if their tank stats are going to be valued the same as the dps stats on an item.

Kraftwerk

Yup but being able to switch to DPS on one tank fights looks really attractive compared to other tanks. I haven't looked into the stats glad stance benefits from but if it has the same weights as the tanking stats do I'm strongly going to consider using it. Gear stats switching based on spec sounds nice, but who knows if their tank stats are going to be valued the same as the dps stats on an item.

Yeah, but monks and druids can already do that.

I see what you are saying though.

Delicious taste of (likely) getting 3 bots + a puppetmaster 14/14H raider's accounts banned. Besides the obvious observed evidence, he did some dumb things that let me figure it all out via the armory/wowtrack/wowprogress.

Hope he fucking ends his day/week in tears, the scumbag.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Delicious taste of (likely) getting 3 bots + a puppetmaster 14/14H raider's accounts banned. Besides the obvious observed evidence, he did some dumb things that let me figure it all out via the armory/wowtrack/wowprogress.

Why the ban? Multiboxing?

edit: oh duh, botting.

Savitar

I want to hear more.

Kintaco

Multibox deathballs are only fun to watch in pvp. i can't imagine it's fun being on the receiving end of that without a lot of teamwork and coordination.
We get that a lot in Darkspear. Prepared is the name of the guy multiboxing like 40 accounts and he just decimates the Shrine and SW.

Ultratech

Gonna try and do some more CMs this weekend...hopefully I'll get somewhere with (or just start saying I'm 9/9 and rolling with that).

Multibox deathballs are only fun to watch in pvp. i can't imagine it's fun being on the receiving end of that without a lot of teamwork and coordination.

I remember a Shaman multiboxer in AV once.

Think there was like 4 of them?

They shredded anyone who even came near them.

Very scary stuff.

vocab

Gonna try and do some more CMs this weekend...hopefully I'll get somewhere with (or just start saying I'm 9/9 and rolling with that).

You pretty much are 9/9 if you seen any videos on it. Depends on the class. Just come prepared, and hopefully you find a group that is patient because wiping to the first pull in a few of those is pretty common.

Ultratech

You pretty much are 9/9 if you seen any videos on it. Depends on the class. Just come prepared, and hopefully you find a group that is patient because wiping to the first pull in a few of those is pretty common.

I went through last weekend and watched videos on all the instances.

Doesn't seem too bad and I got a pretty good idea what to do with each dungeon and all.

Luckily, I'm just doing this with my Hunter so it's just a matter of not messing up and dying to stupid stuff.

(Also went and made Drums for all occasions: Kings, Speed, and Rage!)

I really hate this Celestial Blessings DPS challenge. I just don't do well under pressure and get too flustered. 526 Affliction Lock. I may just put it off until WoD launch when I can get my ilvl up a bit more.

Edit: Of course, then I'll run into the problem that nobody will be killing the Celestials. And of course the Black Prince won't recognize that I've already killed all four many times over. =/

Use the other raids tab or oQueue to do celestials. Especially on a Tuesday there should be plenty of people lining up to do them. No time at all.

And I'll get back to you all on my investigation + journey with Blizzard CS on the guy with the bots later. Just gonna take a bit to write up and I haven't felt in the mood to sit down and do so yet.

M.D

goddamit! I just bought that 100% exp bonus thing for Order of the Cloud Serpent, forget to do it earlier

I turned in 11 eggs yesterday, would've been exalted by now if I had that thing

Started with a Dwarf Paladin (female), since they don't exist. Doing group finding to do instances and everything is instant. I'm not even waiting 3 seconds, I like this lol

Lumine

Hah, I can't pick a (4th) class I want to play. Doing RAF with a friend, like twice a week. It's his first time playing. The triple experience we're getting makes leveling insanely fast, it's great.
I'm already taking my Paladin to 90 (88 atm) and then my DK (75) to 90. I think I'm gonna give my Shaman the 90 boost that comes with WoD. So now I need a 4th class to play. I wanted to go Druid but I'm not feeling it. At level 20 going Feral (damage) it just feels like a gimped rogue or something. Can't really level as a hybrid anymore I guess. It makes me miss the old talent trees a little.
So what do guys think makes another fun leveling class? I'm thinking of warlock or mage maybe but I'm not so sure. Maybe I should save the boost for another class and level Shaman. Sigh, I dunno this stuff is as hard as picking a name for a new character! :p

Wunder

Hah, I can't pick a (4th) class I want to play. Doing RAF with a friend, like twice a week. It's his first time playing. The triple experience we're getting makes leveling insanely fast, it's great.
I'm already taking my Paladin to 90 (88 atm) and then my DK (75) to 90. I think I'm gonna give my Shaman the 90 boost that comes with WoD. So now I need a 4th class to play. I wanted to go Druid but I'm not feeling it. At level 20 going Feral (damage) it just feels like a gimped rogue or something. Can't really level as a hybrid anymore I guess. It makes me miss the old talent trees a little.
So what do guys think makes another fun leveling class? I'm thinking of warlock or mage maybe but I'm not so sure. Maybe I should save the boost for another class and level Shaman. Sigh, I dunno this stuff is as hard as picking a name for a new character! :p

Triple EXP is a once in a lifetime experience. There's nothing quite like killing a single mob and levelling instantly.

Dinjooh

Use the other raids tab or oQueue to do celestials. Especially on a Tuesday there should be plenty of people lining up to do them. No time at all.

And I'll get back to you all on my investigation + journey with Blizzard CS on the guy with the bots later. Just gonna take a bit to write up and I haven't felt in the mood to sit down and do so yet.

I've been playing WoW for 10 years and this is the first time i've heard of queing this way.

This is a fucking lifesaver - I've been standing around countless hours hoping for someone wanting to do celestials with me.

I've been playing WoW for 10 years and this is the first time i've heard of queing this way.

This is a fucking lifesaver - I've been standing around countless hours hoping for someone wanting to do celestials with me.

Well it was only introduced in what, 5.4.7 or 5.4.8? Gotta read them patch notes yo!

M.D

Got my cloud serpent! only took a few days with 13 eggs turned
looks really cool! now I need master riding :p

Guys, I need your help with purchasing heirlooms
I want to buy them to level up a hunter and there are 3 that can be purchased from a guild vendor, but there are others that can be purchased for JC

Are all the level 80 ones sold in Dalaran, and the upgrades to 85 are done in Stormwind?

Fjordson

Got my cloud serpent! only took a few days with 13 eggs turned
looks really cool! now I need master riding :p

Guys, I need your help with purchasing heirlooms
I want to buy them to level up a hunter and there are 3 that can be purchased from a guild vendor, but there are others that can be purchased for JC

Are all the level 80 ones sold in Dalaran, and the upgrades to 85 are done in Stormwind?
You can get all level 80 ones in Stormwind also.

Also can get them for Darkmoon Faire tickets if you have a bunch collecting dust.

And grats on the cloud serpent rep!

M.D

You can get all level 80 ones in Stormwind also.

Also can get them for Darkmoon Faire tickets if you have a bunch collecting dust.

And grats on the cloud serpent rep!

Thanks!

finally found a good list here

http://wowpedia.org/Heirloom

I bought a chest and I'll buy a shoulder piece once I have enough JC
Not sure If I'm gonna buy the ones that cost gold from the guild vendor after buying master riding tho.. shit is expensive ;p

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Is there a reason why you're always seem to go out of your way to respond in the most dickish way you can? Seriously, this is the second or third time you've replied to me like I'm a moron. The only reason I replied to you was because you did the same thing to someone else and said someone was "doing it wrong" because they mentioned an issue with the launcher. Then you do the same thing over again. I'm not some fucking child, and I'm not an idiot. Neither is anybody else in this thread. Don't talk down to me or anybody else. People know how to google. I googled my issue and put in a ticket and Blizzard couldn't help me. So stop being an asshole. It's not unbelievable that something crashes or that something might have a problem, since there are literally hundreds of thousands of pc setups out there. It's also not unbelievable that something could be incompatible, and it's also not unbelievable that the b.net launcher could have issues. Plenty of products have had issues and a company won't come out and go "Yeah, we know there's some issues."

The idea that "if it was a widespread problem, it would be addressed more" is a fallacy. There are dozens of industries where things are not fixed even if there is a widespread problem. Look at all the hardware issues Sony has had over the years, and they still deny them. Asus is catching fire for their current crop of routers because they overheat. Asus knew they had a heat issue because the initial build of the RT series had a fan inside the router but then ASUS removed it. They're handling the warranty issues rather than coming out and saying "THis shit is a problem". With WoW itself, there are tons of people who have things fuck up each time there's a patch. Yes, some if it is because people don't have updated drivers or whatever the fuck, but that isn't always the case. There are legit issues that happen that have nothing to do with the user. Diablo III still has a stutter problem due to server side issues. So no, "If it was a widespread problem, it'd be addressed more." isn't exactly true and acting like this can't happen and everyone should just google their problem and fix it is ridiculous.

I think you need to calm down. I'm not going out of my way to be a dick, I'm going out of my way to counter mis-information and the belief that there is unfixable problems with an otherwise awesome launcher. I don't even know who you are, let alone purposefully reply to people just to be obnoxious, check your victim complex at the door.

There's no fallacy to say if it were a bigger problem there'd be more complaining, especially when it comes to anything related to WoW where every minor hiccup is scrutinized to hell. The fact is, the app works and it works well. Well enough that starting in WoD it will be mandatory to play WoW.

If it really was a problem, they wouldn't purposefully limit paying customers with a faulty platform.

Can new players use heirlooms or is it still only for people with mains?

You need a certain amount of JP to get the helm, shoulders, and weapons atm, but come 6.0 you can just buy them with gold.

Everyone gets a free 90 when they buy WoD though, you can just use that and then easily get heirlooms with it.

Wunder

Can new players use heirlooms or is it still only for people with mains?

Right now you'd need a friend to pass you about 2-3k gold and some reputation with a guild, and you can get a helm, cloak and leggings all off the guild vendor. The weapons, trinkets, shoulders and chest are still locked behind needing a higher level character to farm them though. But like the guy above me said, come WoD you can buy it all with gold, so you'll just need a friend to pass you the funds.

So I finally got my character copy and stuff working for the PTR.

Immediately noticeable:

Toybox will save me SO MUCH SPACE. And will be a fantastic fun thing to collect the ones I'm missing.

Not sure how I feel about the new models. Run animation for my Tauren now is so goddamn bouncy.

Only tested for like 10 minutes though, I'll be doing some more shortly.

Artanisix

Guys I know I asked about professions before, but is enchanting still the way to go for WoD when you can get a garrison for all disenchanting?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Guys I know I asked about professions before, but is enchanting still the way to go for WoD when you can get a garrison for all disenchanting?

For the most part, it's looking like it's just up to what you want now.

Although they've said that before, and it ends up being wrong and something has an advantage, either in combat or on the auction house. It looks like though we're essentially getting 3 more professions through garrison buildings, or 1 more and a boost to your two professions on your character.

If you do not have a profession, you can have an NPC associated with a Garrison building craft you most, but not all, Draenor recipes.

Got my Death Knight up to 88 today, I'm really enjoying playing a melee class for a change.

Had played a mage since 2006, but tanking is much more fun than dps! Also the instant groups are a plus.

Looking forward to hitting 90 and doing some real content while I have a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom