• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

For the most part, it's looking like it's just up to what you want now.

Although they've said that before, and it ends up being wrong and something has an advantage, either in combat or on the auction house. It looks like though we're essentially getting 3 more professions through garrison buildings, or 1 more and a boost to your two professions on your character.

Ugh, I can't freakin' decide what to do for my warrior. I'm so confused.

Looks like blacksmithing allows you to craft and upgrade gear to the same ilvl as Blackrock Foundry flex. Not sure if it's worth it or not...

Some more 6.0 PTR testing:

Spirits of Harmony no longer soulbound (not sure if account-bound or fully BoE though). Imperial Silk/Celestial cloth still is, but should lower prices on things like Living Steel (+ byproducts) and Royal Satchels.

Inscription rework is in, including the ability to discover glyphs that were previously only BoP world drops in Pandaria. Though I still believe at least some timeless isle glyphs (e.g. the ultra rare Glyph of Skeleton) must still be learned from their recipes (I'm not 100% sure though since I didn't have the mats to test all the new researches). Glyph of Shifted Appearances, previously bought from Whizzig for 4k timeless coins, is now charred out. So I guess sell it now if you have one.

Ultratech

Did Shado-Pan Monastery CM earlier...almost had Gold, but ended up missing it by a couple of seconds.

Very heartbreaking.... :(

And once again, I've gotten nowhere.

vocab

Did Shado-Pan Monastery CM earlier...almost had Gold, but ended up missing it by a couple of seconds.

Very heartbreaking.... :(

And once again, I've gotten nowhere.

If you have a warlock or a shaman you can pull all the trash after the second boss into the temple to the third boss, and wipe and just res everyone. you save 2-3 minutes.

7/9. Two more to go.

Phase 4 Garrosh reached on night two one pull with consistent 2-3% wipes in P3 otherwise. With any luck, dead boss within 2 weeks. Probably get one of the first mounts too.

Question for any mount collectors there may be in this thread; is their any method of finding groups looking to do kills such as Sha of Anger etc? I've read oQueue is good for finding groups to do cross realm stuff so I thought that might also have a section for mounts but I can't seem to find it on curse anymore.

Tacitus_

1up

Question for any mount collectors there may be in this thread; is their any method of finding groups looking to do kills such as Sha of Anger etc? I've read oQueue is good for finding groups to do cross realm stuff so I thought that might also have a section for mounts but I can't seem to find it on curse anymore.

I use oQueue to do World Bosses on Tuesdays. You can usually get it done across 5 alts on Tuesdays.

oQueue isnt on curse anymore because of a donate button (seriously) but you can download it from their main page here.

I was able to get all raid achievement mounts via oQueue. It just takes time.

Showaddy

Finally got Skadi's Blue Proto Drake after wanting it for years. I know it's seriously outdated at this point but I just love the ice blue colour.

Westlo

lmao @ glorious breastplate on the ptr, blizz pls fix.

Awesome! You can change your face now with gold.

poorChoices2.jpg

Best thing about the new character models!

Never going to happen.

Yeah they're only doing this because they want to avoid all the my character looks nothing like my old one I want a free makeover change etc complaints. Nipping it in the bud. They'll still get complaints but letting people change their look plus having the old models still available give them enough "defense".

M.D

I'm setting up the subscription payment now since my 30 days will expire in 22 hours

Should I go for the 3 or 6 months payments? I'm pretty sure I'll be playing in 6 months, and it does save some money

If I want to stop paying after the first 6 months do I have to do it manually? I remember reading that Blizzard will block you if they try to charge the money but can't

Fularu

Banned
I'm setting up the subscription payment now since my 30 days will expire in 22 hours

Should I go for the 3 or 6 months payments? I'm pretty sure I'll be playing in 6 months, and it does save some money

If I want to stop paying after the first 6 months do I have to do it manually? I remember reading that Blizzard will block you if they try to charge the money but can't
Just change your subscription option once the 6 months payment has been made.

And no, they never banned me for expired cards.

TheYanger

Yeah just cancel it immediately if you're worried, the game time won't go away. they won't do anything bad if you screw up payment - they just don't get paid and your service turns off. No harm no foul.

Fjordson

Up to 78 on my Warlock. I'm sure it's been said a bunch before in here, but Northrend is so great. So much better than Outland. Not only in the design of the zones and their quests, but some of the storylines are pretty neat as well. Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills and Sholazar were all excellent.

Not quite sure where I'm going for these last two levels. Maybe Icecrown since I've usually done Storm Peaks in the past.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So the one thing that i noticed from the beta that i didnt expect is the change in the footstep sound. Its very odd. This is new right? Right now there is a cat walking around me and it sounds like hes wearing clogs or something.

Ultratech

Up to 78 on my Warlock. I'm sure it's been said a bunch before in here, but Northrend is so great. So much better than Outland. Not only in the design of the zones and their quests, but some of the storylines are pretty neat as well. Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills and Sholazar were all excellent.

Not quite sure where I'm going for these last two levels. Maybe Icecrown since I've usually done Storm Peaks in the past.

I usually do Icecrown to open up the flight paths there through quests.

They're pretty handy to have and the quests aren't too hard.

Hiya, first time posting in this thread but I've lurked here for a bit beforehand, but I'm looking to transfer my guild(Currently Alliance) to a good Horde populated server. For clarification, I'm on Sargeras, and I was looking for a Horde PvP server with about the same balance as Sargeras right now(Except for Horde)((Probably connected like Sargeras as well)). Looking through the Realm population site, Kil' Jaedan is pretty close to what I'm looking for. Other servers I'm looking at are Arthas and Blackrock.

My question is, do any of you guys have experience on these servers? Sargeras has probably spoiled me, having something to do all hours of the day, but me and my friends talked about going Horde last night so...yeah. I'm probably going to transfer 3 of my characters and my guild to a new server. So you can see why I'm being...fickle about it. Personally, a server that has high rating and a good amount of PvP would be what I'm looking for.

So yeah. If any of you guys have suggestions for servers or experience with Kil'Jaedan/Arthas/Blackrock, I'd be grateful to hear it. Thanks for your time!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I have thought about Illidan, but I've also heard things about how the server lags and there's always an overflow of people on it :x

It's like that on Sargeras too a lot of the time, so I guess if you want that but a bit less then Arthas is good to go.

Boogdud

Yeah they're only doing this because they want to avoid all the my character looks nothing like my old one I want a free makeover change etc complaints. Nipping it in the bud. They'll still get complaints but letting people change their look plus having the old models still available give them enough "defense".

Doesn't help me a bit. I have literally one face feature I like on all my undead characters (male rot kissed) and it's completely different in the beta. It's the face that looks closest to a skull, no nose and exposed bone from the bridge of the noise through the mouth. Well this new redesign added a big bulbous drunkard looking nose to the face for some unknown reason. I can only hope it's a wip.

Kraftwerk

I posted earlier about hitting lvl 90 on my monk last week, and loving tanking on it compared to my decade old warrior.

Anyway, decided to get the challenge modes done on my monk. I do not like the set, but I might as well get it since it's going away. Looked at BiS list for CM's and collected about 5 pieces.

My friends also hopped on fresh alts and we did 5 of them on gold earlier. Gonna do the remaining 4 on Tuesday.

Really having a blast tanking on a monk. It really keeps you on your toes. Almost scary how much you dip down if you are not careful and fuck up your rotation, or if you are slow to react. Love it though and the mobility is incredible.

p.s seems like Tauren monks are very rare. People look at me weird.

M.D

Just change your subscription option once the 6 months payment has been made.

And no, they never banned me for expired cards.

Yeah just cancel it immediately if you're worried, the game time won't go away. they won't do anything bad if you screw up payment - they just don't get paid and your service turns off. No harm no foul.

I picked the 6 months subscription
It still says "pending", hope its goes through soon

I have a question about Valor Points for you guys
How does the 3000 cap work? I know it says 3000 weekly, but last week I had 1000, but I'm pretty sure I made more over the week

I spent those on an item upgrade, but now I'm not earning new VP anymore.. I turned in a quest which was supposed to give me some, but it doesn't look like I got them

vocab

I picked the 6 months subscription
It still says "pending", hope its goes through soon

I have a question about Valor Points for you guys
How does the 3000 cap work? I know it says 3000 weekly, but last week I had 1000, but I'm pretty sure I made more over the week

I spent those on an item upgrade, but now I'm not earning new VP anymore.. I turned in a quest which was supposed to give me some, but it doesn't look like I got them

The weekly valor cap is 1000. The total amount of valor you can hold at one time is 3000. If you have 1000 for the week, you can no longer earn anymore valor till next week.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My sub lapsed without me finishing my t14 transmog. Fuck you forever lei shi :(

Felspawn

You know since coming back to wow a few weeks ago i've just been concentrating on my DK (well aside from my warlock getting his ass handed to him by Kanrethad) But come to think of it, I have a Blood Elf paladin. Once thats been sitting on the bench for a while. If i'm going to see these Horde quest lines that will probably be going away in WoD, i better get moving.....

bringingsexyback.png

Hes bringing sexy back ;)

So its been a few weeks since this last post, Been making some progress, went from 476 to ilevel 541. mix of Flex, Prideful PVP and LFR gear. Hopefully will be able to get Garrosh in Normal for the title and mount before 6.0 hits

bringingsextback2.png

Entropia

No One Remembers
God dammit, 34% in phase 4 of Garrosh last night and then we couldn't get back to that point. Pretty frustrating because we had an insane amount of regression where we could barely get past/into phase 2 on sub-sequent pulls.

M.D

The weekly valor cap is 1000. The total amount of valor you can hold at one time is 3000. If you have 1000 for the week, you can no longer earn anymore valor till next week.

Makes sense. thanks.

When does the valor cap reset? the same day as the raids and all other stuff?

Also, unrelated question about the Death Knight class - how is their damage output? I originally wanted to level a hunter and bought him 2 heirlooms (I probably will level him sometime), but I'm kinda interested in playing a melee class and DK looks interesting, and I'm still fresh on the leveling experience so starting at 60 seems like a good deal to me

I understand Blood is the tanking spec and Frost and Unholy are the damage ones? It seems no one talks about Unholy, is it because its not very good?

Do people normally take Blood + Frost/Unholy?

Felspawn

Makes sense. thanks.

Also, unrelated question about the Death Knight class - how is their damage output? I originally wanted to level a hunter and bought him 2 heirlooms (I probably will level him sometime), but I'm kinda interested in playing a melee class and DK looks interesting, and I'm still fresh on the leveling experience so starting at 60 seems like a good deal to me

I understand Blood is the tanking spec and Frost and Unholy are the damage ones? It seems no one talks about Unholy, is it because its not very good?

DK is a great class, both fun and effective. You actually start at level 55. Frost tends to be easier to play with better burst damage which makes it popular. also some people dont like the micromanagement needed with a pet. DKs do have a little bit of a scaling issue too which makes them very powerful at lower ilevels but they tend to fall off towards the high reaches of the game. Still a great class and one of my two favorites (along side my Paladin)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Makes sense. thanks.

No one talks about unholy because it's harder to play.

You do more damage, but it's not just first come first serve rotation.

strafer

With the upcoming Warlords of Draenor pre-patch (6.0.2), we will be releasing sidelined characters’ names back into the wild.

Any characters that have not logged into the game since November 13, 2008 will have their names freed up, making them available to anyone creating a new character or using the paid Character Name Change service.

How Do I Preserve My Names?
You will need to log in to World of Warcraft and enter the game using each character whose name you wish to retain before patch 6.0.2 goes live. While it is possible no one will claim your recently released name and you might be able to snag it again, it is probably not worth the risk if you want to keep your names intact long-term.

Our goal with this great name liberation is to make sure new and returning players have a large and varied pool of names available to choose from—so log in now if you wish preserve your unused characters’ names for your journey intro Draenor.

Awesome.

TheYanger

No one talks about unholy because it's harder to play.

You do more damage, but it's not just first come first serve rotation.

It's a weird place where the theory community for DKs tends to enjoy unholy more (I hate it) and the devs put all sorts of shit into the spec because of it, it's just not as fun as frost though imo.

Unholy is about looking ahead 20-30 seconds and setting yourself up for success in regards to resources and cooldowns. It's proactive.

Frost is about making the right decision moment to moment based on things like procs and RP and runes. It's reactive.

Main difference is there are situations (like going into and out of AEing) that are clunky for unholy that are completely smooth for frost, so it can feel a bit janky at times.

I dislike Unholy for the whole pet mechanic. Never really liked pet mechanics.

So unless Frost is drastically behind in numbers to the point that it's not viable, I won't switch.

This tier at least Unholy really only pulls ahead at the highest gear levels after 4/4 upgrades. Possibly only on single target, I don't remember. There's so many AoE/Cleave fights though that Frost is still solid in comparison.

Both still sort of middle of the pack/upper third at best though. There's a guy on another raid team in my guild that crushes most of the DPS on his team as Frost, but he's got 5 iLvls on me, mainly concentrated in 2x HWF weapons and 2x HWF trinkets (vs. my regular heroic weapons and WF normal trinkets). Their DPS may just be bad or lacking gear though, idk. I usually make top 10 still, can be higher depending on the fight. Spoils especially if the boxes are opened fast enough I can beat everyone except maybe one of our boomkins who's really good.

Karl Hawk

Banned
So at which level should I be able to play dungeons? I don't mind doing some filler quests, but I know I'll get bored of them at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom