• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaFan

Anybody on here on Silvermoon EU, alliance side that are in a raiding guild that could use a hunter.

Im gearing him up through LFR at the moment but want to progress after that. Im not looking for anything hardcore as i have family commitments also, but if any of you will take me give me a shout

strafer

Im still missing the http://www.wowhead.com/item=32946 for my T5 dwarf shaman(love their Stormstrike animations), but once i do, i will be super happy. Still need the belt that fits with the tier set too.

For now, i love my giant claws.

aO3jTho.png

That's a sexy fucking Shaman.

mclem

Anybody on here on Silvermoon EU, alliance side that are in a raiding guild that could use a hunter.

Im gearing him up through LFR at the moment but want to progress after that. Im not looking for anything hardcore as i have family commitments also, but if any of you will take me give me a shout

I'm sure you'll get better offers that are actually local, but my guild on Aggramar-EU is always looking to expand.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
That's a sexy fucking Shaman.

Thanks, offtopic but, why did you make that stupid thread about killing yourself with a knife to the heart? If you bothered to make such a gruesome thread, you obviously want someone to stop you from thinking about it, so go get some help while you're banned(if you can read it).

I'm not sure if this is baked into the default or not, but Bartender allows you to bind your keys straight in the bars without having to go to the key bindings menu.
Well, that's essentially what I had in mind. As I mentioned, I don't use any of that sort of add-on but it seems I see people mention that one (and maybe one other?) commonly when talking about easily binding things.

Berordn

Well, that's essentially what I had in mind. As I mentioned, I don't use any of that sort of add-on but it seems I see people mention that one (and maybe one other?) commonly when talking about easily binding things.

When I don't feel like totally reworking my UI, I use ncHoverBind. Lets you rebind right on the actionbars.

ZenaxPure

Dominos does it as well, which is what I roll with. I assume both are pretty similar.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gonna have to heavily disagree with the people saying Northrend is worse than BC after doing Nagrand again.

How about the minion of gurok quest where you have to throw a rock on a 15 second cooldown that only releases 2 minions out of the 30 you need. Or the beer quest in Blade's Edge that has a 1 minute cooldown on controlling the little gopher thing for no reason other than to drag it out. Or the cores form Nagrand that take FOREVER to drop

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, BC is nicer than Northrend since you can actually leave at 68, it's real quick to hit 68, but then again that makes the grind to 80 in Northrend even more annoying!

Also, I always felt the dungeons were easier/quicker and worth more comparative XP than the Wrath ones.

It's all about quest progression though, do dungeons/Hellfire to 63/64, a little Terrokar/dungeons to 65/66, Nagrand to 67, and Netherstorm for a quick quick quick jump to 68.

Tamanon

Banned
Ain't nothing quicker about Old Hillsbrad.

I just don't do that one. In fact, I usually stop doing dungeons period at 66ish or so with Sethekk Halls until Northrend, the random bonus isn't worth it after your first one that week, or at least not worth putting up with slow dungeons.

Levelling in BC was never fun past the first month and a half after that expansion launched, when it was actually possible to find a group for the more fun, rewarding group quests that peppered each zone. Then all the group quests went away and all you have left are bland zones that haven't aged well now that Cata/Pandaria sensibilities have taken over the questing experience. Few players even get to enjoy Shadowmoon Valley or Netherstorm anymore. Northrend at least has the advantage of the constant presence and threat of Arthas blanketing the lore, so that's cool. Pity nobody sees the questlines of Storm Peaks, let alone Icecrown Glacier, anymore.

Tacitus_

Levelling in BC was never fun past the first month and a half after that expansion launched, when it was actually possible to find a group for the more fun, rewarding group quests that peppered each zone. Then all the group quests went away and all you have left are bland zones that haven't aged well now that Cata/Pandaria sensibilities have taken over the questing experience. Few players even get to enjoy Shadowmoon Valley or Netherstorm anymore. Northrend at least has the advantage of the constant presence and threat of Arthas blanketing the lore, so that's cool. Pity nobody sees the questlines of Storm Peaks, let alone Icecrown Glacier, anymore.

Nothing enjoyable with questing at Netherstorm or Shadowmoon Valley.

Some of it was the same old crap from previous zones, but there was also excellent lore to be found, like the evidence that Kael'Thas had sold his people out to Kil'Jaeden, the deteriorating state of the Manaforges and the terraforming attempts by the Consortium all in Netherstorm. Shadowmoon Valley was really cool though, since you get to (in flashback) watch Ner'zhul destroy Draenor, get tricked into resurrecting Teron Gorefiend and pilot a fucking Fel Reaver. SMV also had the chain that unlocked Netherwing dailies, which was awesome even not taking into account the reward of a Netherwing drake of your very own. You meet Illidan! And Sinestra!

Lore!

Ultratech

Not really. And I did pretty much all of them back when it was current content.

I don't even remember half the quests in Netherstorm.

Shadowmoon Valley had some decent ones (Teron Gorefiend, the Illidari Tabard, Netherwing etc.) though they were often long and/or required a group.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Netherstorm quests were the stupid ghost town(terrible) and the Blood Elf demolition questline

you know, the one where you did the exact same thing 4 times over and over and blew up the same towers while fighting the same mob types to get to them?

edit: best part of monk leveling? the daily 50% exp boost

Ultratech

Better than the Nessingwary quests in Nagrand before they got nerfed.

Unless you were a Skinner, those quests were godawful.

"Go kill 20 of x. Done? Now go kill 10 of this, and 25 of that. Now go kill a really tough version of x."
Rinse and repeat for a while.

You'd think you were committing genocide on the local wildlife for how much stuff you were killing.

Khezu

I like hanging out in Netherstorm, those biodome things are cool.

One of the multiple reasons I want more Ethreals in the game.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Unless you were a Skinner, those quests were godawful.

"Go kill 20 of x. Done? Now go kill 10 of this, and 25 of that. Now go kill a really tough version of x."
Rinse and repeat for a while.

You'd think you were committing genocide on the local wildlife for how much stuff you were killing.

thatsthejoke.jpg

BTW Servers dying again tonight. Fan-fucking-tastic.

I sincerely hope they provide some time compensation for this string of outages because it's been pretty disgusting honestly.

Ultratech

BTW Servers dying again tonight. Fan-fucking-tastic.

I sincerely hope they provide some time compensation for this string of outages because it's been pretty disgusting honestly.

Yeah, I was busy checking the AH and everything went to crap.

Just great. :|

But yeah, what the hell's been going on lately?

Somebody needs to get on my friends list and come do Ring of Blood for my monk

People in this very thread.

You probably already did it but I added your Real ID thinger and went and hung out in Nagrand. Ended up helping three others clear Ring of Blood (including two monks).

I don't really have much I need/want to do in the game at the moment but I paid for a month. If others need any help I'm game for whatever. Nothing terribly time consuming (not running people through entire raids) but I don't mind a quick old heroic run for a mount or whatever.

My Read ID is LordWibble#1924.

You probably already did it but I added your Real ID thinger and went and hung out in Nagrand. Ended up helping three others clear Ring of Blood (including two monks).

I don't really have much I need/want to do in the game at the moment but I paid for a month. If others need any help I'm game for whatever. Nothing terribly time consuming (not running people through entire raids) but I don't mind a quick old heroic run for a mount or whatever.

My Read ID is LordWibble#1924.

Added for the hell of it. Mine is Derek#1345 for any gaffers that want to add me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Someone should run my 71 monk through BT so I can get a chance at the cursed vision before reset.

and so i can use glaives in northrend(which are actually better than heirloom claws)

Wrath is amazing!

I loved Wrath too.

I don't hate BC either - it's just that some of the quests are painful to go though now. They have learned a lot of lessons since BC and Outlands is one of the few places you can go back and relive it. I couldn't bring myself to completely level through it on my alt.

Robin64

Quest design and overall flow of the land was better in Wrath, but the expansion had a terrible endgame while TBC had an amazing one.

Amazing for close raiding guilds. Less so for people who were recruiting, taking new recruits through the various attunements to get them caught up only to have them leave and thus needing to repeat the process again.

And people who didn't raid at all? Not an amazing experience for them.

CassSept

Amazing for close raiding guilds. Less so for people who were recruiting, taking new recruits through the various attunements to get them caught up only to have them leave and thus needing to repeat the process again.

I guess that's true, I did my fair share of guild jumping and witnessed several guilds fall apart as fresh 70, so that's technically true.

But the breadth, variety, quality of content - TBC unquestionably wins here. In the end TBC had Kara, ZA, Gruul, Magtheridon, SSC, TK, BT, MH, SWP, 9 raid instances, 50 boss encounters (52 bosses due to Opera). WotLK in contrast had Naxx 15, Malygos, Sartharion, Uldu 14, ToC 5, ICC 12 - 6 raids, including one recycled one, for a total of 48 bosses of which 15, one-third were recycled. Not even mentioning how much effort probably went into bosses like Sartharion or the entire ToC instance.

I started typing a really long post until I started rambling on stuff I forgot why.

Anyways, I was on dial up until over a year after BC came out, so I couldn't raid during that time but had plenty of fun. The dungeons were BY FAR more satisfying than any other since then unless you had an overgeared prot pally. Dungeons required at least some form of skill back then, timing CC's, kiting, etc, and because of that, they were far more satisfying. In WotLK they nerfed dungeons so hard that, along with Naxx, I'm convinced made everyone forget how to play their class. This is why I loved Cata and the healing changes so much (I played a holy pally then). All the cries for nerfs at Cata's launch weren't by the people who have been playing since BC, they were by the casuals Blizz went after in WotLK and breastfed without testing their skills until ICC 5 man's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom