• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

Oh yeah, nothing has come close to matching the pure atmosphere of Karazhan.

I also applaud TBC for the Isle of Quel'danas. A zone for non-raiders that they could work on and actually see progress over time. Plus it had a really difficult dungeon attached which I remember spending several hours trying to beat the night it came out. (Back before people left after one wipe)

Tacitus_

kQ2EaL5.png

Oh bollocks. This'll complicate things.

mclem

On the bright side, it means we've got an enticement to recruit now, and I think getting in early will be healthy - particularly because we've had the first stages of our server becoming linked to another, so there should be an influx of people soon.

Wubby

total of 48 bosses of which 15, one-third were recycled.

Recycled, but honestly how many people actually did them at 60? Not a single person in my guild at the time. Or server that I can recall (my server was a BC server). I just find it hard to hate on something that probably less than 1% of WoWs pop did.

Khezu

I kinda hope Hunter's get a bit of a revamp in WoD.

I think they play fine, and even with focus are still probably the most fun class in WoW.

However, all three specs are kinda the same.

Tacitus_

On the bright side, it means we've got an enticement to recruit now, and I think getting in early will be healthy - particularly because we've had the first stages of our server becoming linked to another, so there should be an influx of people soon.

But no gear reset, which means trouble if you're doing HC progression.

Berordn

Recycled, but honestly how many people actually did them at 60? Not a single person in my guild at the time. Or server that I can recall (my server was a BC server). I just find it hard to hate on something that probably less than 1% of WoWs pop did.

Plus there were two auxiliary encounters in that tier that were totally new, and revamping Naxx gave them the opportunity to make Ulduar what it is. Really hard to take it as a negative.

I know this is old news for some, but I finally finished my cloak today!!!

Got lucky with runestones this week - all 3 I needed from LFR 1 (Vale). A quick hop over to ToT, and some celestial visiting/slaying and I became a Pandaren legend.

Also got in on an Ordos run. Coined a belt off him, but it's a sidegrade at best, even though it has the higher iLevel, which is still lower than my upgraded crafted belt, the itemization isn't the best for my spec. If I was dual wielding again it would be fine. Will have to plug it into Rawr or something to see if the upgraded version is indeed better than what I have, and it might be, but I'm gonna guess not by much if it is.

In mid-TBC I stealthed through to Baron probably hundreds of times on my rogue. The mount never dropped, and I was traumatized. Then WotLK hit and they buffed the drop rate a tiny bit. So since then I've done him on and off over the years (323 kills according to the statistics panel, across various characters >_>), but hadn't been back to Strat in a long while. It dropped last week =D =D =D.

In other luck related news, I did a Flex raid for the first time ever last week, just Flex 4. Took my lowest geared (530s) paladin alt with no meta/cloak. Got the 2H heirloom axe him and my DK can share ^_^

mclem

But no gear reset, which means trouble if you're doing HC progression.

Well, we're not anyway - might be by that point - but even if we were, I think I'd relish the opportunity to instead consolidate towards the requirements for WoD by that stage. We're still looking at something that's several months off.

Tacitus_

So the question is whether I should keep banging my head against Garrosh flex for the Heirloom (which has been very frustrating) or just wait for 6.0 and farm it then?

The way I'm reading that flex won't change at all, only current normal and heroic.

Aylinato

Anyone else a holy paladin here? I really don't like the changes from WoTLK to now, it's rather jarring for me. I enjoy the change in utilities I just wish we had one big heal that was decent(I don't like the feel of any large heals the paladin has atm) I actually has bigger free heals as ret with selfless healer+it crit

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
YO WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME MISTWEAVER MONK WAS ACTUALLY THE BEST SPEC IN THE GAME?!

I HAVEN'T HAD THIS MUCH FUN SINCE 3.0 RET PALADINS!

LOOK AT MY MONK

HE'S SO COOOOOOOOL
I don't mind the aliasing in that screenshot, but do you have the game set to output screenshots in JPG format? If so, I suggest you change it to something better. In Config.wtf, add these lines:

SET screenshotFormat "png"
SET screenshotQuality "10"

You can use TGA format as well, but PNG makes it easier if you wanna upload screenshots directly to some host (Abload.de is good). Anyway, just a tip.

Berordn

Rösti;99578216 said:
I don't mind the aliasing in that screenshot, but do you have the game set to output screenshots in JPG format? If so, I suggest you change it to something better. In Config.wtf, add these lines:

You can use TGA format as well, but PNG makes it easier if you wanna upload screenshots directly to some host (Abload.de is good). Anyway, just a tip.

PNG stopped being an accepted argument for screenshotFormat a while, unfortunately.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
YO WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME MISTWEAVER MONK WAS ACTUALLY THE BEST SPEC IN THE GAME?!

I HAVEN'T HAD THIS MUCH FUN SINCE 3.0 RET PALADINS!

LOOK AT MY MONK

HE'S SO COOOOOOOOL

It's apparently less awesome at 90. The "fistweaving" mechanic of melee/heal hybrid pretty much never panned out. Luckily, Blizz is looking to rectify that in the next xpac, they are even adding a second distinct healer stance specifically for that playstyle.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Rösti;99578216 said:

This is actually an awesome idea thanks, I've been wondering why my screenshots look like shit compared to the game since I run everything on high at least.

It's apparently less awesome at 90. The "fistweaving" mechanic of melee/heal hybrid pretty much never panned out. Luckily, Blizz is looking to rectify that in the next xpac, they are even adding a second distinct healer stance specifically for that playstyle.

Naw at 90 it's still really cool, you don't get to melee as much but chi torpedoing through the raid to top everyone off and using crackling jade lightning during low damage phases is super fun. It's just a super active support class, constantly dumping chi on uplifts even when everyone is topped off to regen mana, managing your renewing mists and stuff, using spinning crane kick to aoe heal, there are a lot of really fun things about MW's. If there is only one thing I would change is that healing spheres should splash heal 2 or 3 targets when popped instead of just single healing, but that might be a bit too strong.

Though I am glad that they're making punching stuff to heal a more obvious choice, though I do kind of like where it is at right now.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
PNG stopped being an accepted argument for screenshotFormat a while, unfortunately.
Thanks for the notice, I had no idea. Well then, TGA's what to use. I suggest GIMP for converting from TGA to PNG.

Peachpies

Anyone else a holy paladin here? I really don't like the changes from WoTLK to now, it's rather jarring for me. I enjoy the change in utilities I just wish we had one big heal that was decent(I don't like the feel of any large heals the paladin has atm) I actually has bigger free heals as ret with selfless healer+it crit
Yes, most of the time you just use holy radiance.

Zemm

Is it just more or is there quite a few bots or people acting like bots in LFR late in the week? I've been on two today and both felt like half the raid was afk/botting, especially when a DK was healing more than two healers every fight (and that was after kicking them and getting in new ones). So awful and painful doing LFR anywhere from Sunday-Tuesday.

Zemm

Eternal Flame? It's mostly about keeping shields on people though and the best way of doing that is holy radiance.

Bizazedo

They decided not to go through with removing the stun from the Charge component for Warriors.

PvP wise, phew :).

The new change still fucks me for PvE, though. Disrupting Shout cannot be used within 40 seconds of Pummel, which means I got nerfed for Heroic Protectors and Garrosh :(.

Tamanon

Banned
They decided not to go through with removing the stun from the Charge component for Warriors.

PvP wise, phew :).

The new change still fucks me for PvE, though. Disrupting Shout cannot be used within 40 seconds of Pummel, which means I got nerfed for Heroic Protectors and Garrosh :(.

Can you still use glyphed Heroic Throw?

Bizazedo

Can you still use glyphed Heroic Throw?

Yes, since they already nerfed glyphed Heroic Throw to not work on players, I believe. It still largely destroys the use of Disrupting Shout, though.

Unsure what that means on Garrosh, though, as I usually just abused Disrupting Shout.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It makes sense and feels more balanced, and I play a warrior.

It's like the hammer of justice talent. It's a "Makes X ability better" talent. I like that. It basically replaces pummel now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When is Blizzard going to let me queue as one character while playing the other?
Let's say I'm leveling my Monk and I get 'Gates of Retribution as (Warrior ilvl526) popping' then I can just click enter. It loads me in on my warrior. Finish the LFR, drops me back into my monk.

Bizazedo

It makes sense and feels more balanced, and I play a warrior.

It's like the hammer of justice talent. It's a "Makes X ability better" talent. I like that. It basically replaces pummel now.

It doesn't, really. Pummel is an 8 second cooldown. If you use Disrupting, you can't Pummel for 40 and Disrupting has a longer cooldown than Pummel. The only reason you'd use Disrupting over Pummel would be multiple targets that you don't have a macro set up to switch and pummel / they're slightly out of pummel range.

So, still a use, but HIGHLY situational.

Tamanon

Banned
It doesn't, really. Pummel is an 8 second cooldown. If you use Disrupting, you can't Pummel for 40 and Disrupting has a longer cooldown than Pummel. The only reason you'd use Disrupting over Pummel would be multiple targets that you don't have a macro set up to switch and pummel / they're slightly out of pummel range.

So, still a use, but HIGHLY situational.

Actually it looks like no pummel for 15 seconds after disrupting, not 40.

Zemm

So healing is more of, as I would put it, shielding instead of focusing on healing.

yeah, if you have a healing meter like recount you can show your absorbs and it will usually be a lot higher than your actual healing. I really like this style of healing, been a paladin since blood elfs were introduced and this is my favourite style by far.

Yeah I was surprised I can heal by doing damage to enemies it felt like a different spec class.

The fact that, this far in, people are still fialing wing 1 lfr is MIND BLOWING to me.

Timeless Island guys, tanks with dps gear or pvp gear, people dont understand those letters on the lower section telling them how to defeat golden lotus.

Shahadan

The fact that, this far in, people are still fialing wing 1 lfr is MIND BLOWING to me.

I never understand this. Not everyone is constantly subscribing to the game, or playing everyday, the amount of time since the patch is irrelevant. On the contrary actually, a lot of people playing right now are probably returning and those who were there at5.4 probably already left.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I highly doubt there's a ton of people returning when there's nothing new in the game and there won't be for several more months.

Aylinato

yeah, if you have a healing meter like recount you can show your absorbs and it will usually be a lot higher than your actual healing. I really like this style of healing, been a paladin since blood elfs were introduced and this is my favourite style by far.

I liked being the best single target tank healer.

I had my flash of light down to a 1 second cast and huge amounts of heal with mana regen.

I'll have to try the radiance thing(I just really loved flash of light)

Shahadan

I highly doubt there's a ton of people returning when there's nothing new in the game and there won't be for several more months.

My guild is full of them. I myself returned last month or so. Also people havelives and some are just reaching LFR despite playing for months. You jsut see them more often because the usual geeks are quitting the game.It was the same during late cataclysm.

Berordn

I liked being the best single target tank healer.

I had my flash of light down to a 1 second cast and huge amounts of heal with mana regen.

I'll have to try the radiance thing(I just really loved flash of light)

Most of the changes to Holy Paladins were done to get rid of the one button playstyle for healers that was pretty prominent at the time. My main's a holy Paladin currently and they're fantastic raid healers (and still pretty decent tank healers) but they're drastically different and you're just gimping yourself if you try to replicate what it was in Wrath.

Aylinato

Most of the changes to Holy Paladins were done to get rid of the one button playstyle for healers that was pretty prominent at the time. My main's a holy Paladin currently and they're fantastic raid healers (and still pretty decent tank healers) but they're drastically different and you're just gimping yourself if you try to replicate what it was in Wrath.

I already know I can't do what I did in wrath, I've let many people die trying to take down warbringers. Lol!

StMeph

Looks like the free 30 days is over, and my sub kicked in. Took 5 weeks to go from 1-90 and ilevel 535. Not sure if this is the week I get my 3000 Valor or not...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My guild is full of them. I myself returned last month or so. Also people havelives and some are just reaching LFR despite playing for months. You jsut see them more often because the usual geeks are quitting the game.It was the same during late cataclysm.

The thing is, you can make it through most LFR encounters with people who don't know what they're doing. T hey ought to play a video before you can queue for LFR for the first time

'LFR wing 1 quick tactics tutorial' or something that just tells you the basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom