• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck. Just found out I'll be missing the raid (or most of it at least) tomorrow night. I don't want to NOT be there for a Garrosh kill, especially the first one for the guild. Optimistically this just means we have to kill him tonight! Cynically, they wipe on him until next Tuesday. LOL.

Assuming everything else is pretty much one shot tonight, there's maybe an hour to work on Garrosh, so that's not too bad of a chance I suppose.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Fuck. Just found out I'll be missing the raid (or most of it at least) tomorrow night. I don't want to NOT be there for a Garrosh kill, especially the first one for the guild. Optimistically this just means we have to kill him tonight! Cynically, they wipe on him until next Tuesday. LOL.

Assuming everything else is pretty much one shot tonight, there's maybe an hour to work on Garrosh, so that's not too bad of a chance I suppose.

Hahaha, for some reason this reminded me of when my guild killed the lich king at the 10% buff on our first attempt on tuesday night. We had extended the lock out to get some practice then we were going to clear the rest of ICC and go back to him on thursday to finish him off.

Instead we obliterated him on the first attempt realized we had nothing else to do that week so we did Ulduar achievements and ToGC for the mount haha.

Wubby

How are you getting 248k per battle? I'm only seeing ~175k. But then again maybe it's because I'm battling lvl 22/23 mobs in northrend with 2 lvl 25's and whatever pet I'm also leveling.

I've found a geode and zeppelin to work fastest, though I haven't tried all pets.

Edit: Missed this:

Also try and get pets ~20, nothing lower than 18 but the lower the average pet in the battle is the more XP you gain. I also think if you do 1v3 and win you get more XP.

friday

Dont know if this is the right place to ask, but could I get a scroll of resurrection from someone? I have been wanting to check them game out after a long long break.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dont know if this is the right place to ask, but could I get a scroll of resurrection from someone? I have been wanting to check them game out after a long long break.

PM me your e-mail-- Actually, if someone else wants it ask them first. I've already got the mount if there's someone who doesn't.

friday

Alright, I am not going to worry about it tonight, so if someone needs the mount let me know and I can get the scroll tomorrow.

13/14 normal completed tonight with two okay attempts on Garrosh. Will hate to miss it if they do, but they should be able to get him down tomorrow when I won't be there. Will just make getting him next week easier though, especially if it only takes 2 days to clear the rest of SoO.

One shot everything in the last half except Paragons which took 3 attempts I believe. No Thok trinket for anyone even with several people coining him, but I did get a warforged ring off Spoils to finally replace my Timeless one.

Got all the way past spoils in just over 2 hours before it taking about half an hour to kill Thok (had to change our group some because our raid leader was on an alt this week) and calling it a night. Raid leader came on an alt and extended his main's lockout last week so we can spend all of Friday working on Garrosh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Might end up switching my main to this WW monk instead of my warrior. It just feels more versatile, and I love how much of an easier time it has doing old raids. And if I ever get bored in WoD, I can change to a healer or something.

Hella squishy spec though.

Think I'll have my mage as my main next expansion as it's the only toon I currently raid on. May eventually switch to my Disc Priest mid-expansion. Started Mists with my Blood DK as my main but I eventually switched to my mage because I kept getting pissed at weapons refusing to ever drop for him and constantly losing agro to our Brewmaster Monk.

Audioboxer

How long does your account need to be inactive for that to work? I haven't played in ages.

I was thinking of switching to my Shammy for WoD, but now I'm not sure. Part of it is that he's you know, 50 iLevels lower than my DK. So it doesn't feel nearly as good right now, especially since I'm playing him as Ele which is one of, if not the most gear-dependent specs in the game at the moment.

If I get my Rogue up in time, that could be a thing maybe. Really not sure since I'll have my choice from at least 5-6 classes at 90, not even counting the free 90 if I go Horde with that.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I never touched flex, normal or heroic raids and my item lvl on my paladin and mage are 550.

I think having the legendary cloak kinda cheats, but still. Ordos, normal T15 pants and gloves from Celestials and upgradable gear makes it easy.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I never touched flex, normal or heroic raids and my item lvl on my paladin and mage are 550.

I think having the legendary cloak kinda cheats, but still. Ordos, normal T15 pants and gloves from Celestials and upgradable gear makes it easy.

The best thing about getting the cloak on one character is that you can do ordos on all your alts haha.

It feels so rude when I leveled an alt with a friend and the day I hit 90 I did ordos and got 2 warforged pieces and he was still in timeless gear with a 463 weapon ;__;

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not to adjust my tinfoil hat, but I notice they haven't nerfed MoP significantly yet.
And they'll be selling level 90s?
Hmmmm.

Salamando

Not to adjust my tinfoil hat, but I notice they haven't nerfed MoP significantly yet.
And they'll be selling level 90s?
Hmmmm.

They nerfed the amount of EXP needed to go from 85-90 by 33% back in patch 5.3. And we don't know what they'll do in 6.0.

Panderia Levelling still sucks, but that's mostly from seeing the same questions and dungeons over and over again.

Salamando

How is that any different from leveling in other continents?

Old world post-cataclysm leveling is quick enough that I never exhaust all my zone options, making it easy to see different zones on each toon.

60-85 I can use elixirs of ancient knowledge and dual-boxing RAF accounts to breeze through in hours. 'Cause I do find them pretty boring, even with all the other nerfs to the amount of leveling needed.

Tacitus_

Man, the raid chat in TS is so damn dirty this reset. Gay innuendos yesterday and today and to top it off, our grandpa raider (technically not a grandpa but so old we call him one) just got a handjob from his wife.

Aylinato

Finally finished my Emperor Shaohao rep grind. That got really dull towards the end just killing those elite mobs for countless hours (and having to deal with competition for spawns and roaming packs of censers) but the mount looks pretty great.

Basically done now with Timeless Isle and all in all it was surprisingly fun. I spent way more time there than I originally thought I would when it came out.

Should have gone to isle of conquest, in the middle the mobs give like 60 rep per kill. My guild even had 5 people who grinder for 2-3 hours from honored to exalted, me included.

Fjordson

Should have gone to isle of conquest, in the middle the mobs give like 60 rep per kill. My guild even had 5 people who grinder for 2-3 hours from honored to exalted, me included.
Isle of Conquest mobs give Shaohao rep?? I had no idea, how random :lol

Fjordson

O I meant black prince. My bad.

I need to work on Shaohao rep again. I hate being on heat isle though. So tedious.
Ohh, yeah I was confused, haha.

Shaohao rep is definitely tedious. And annoying depending on your server. Sargeras is pretty high population, so you're always dealing with censer groups killing everyone in sight or other rep groups competing for mobs. I basically did the whole grind solo late at night when there wasn't as many people on.

Khezu

So Blizzard is again saying they want to do 1 expansion a year.

I like the idea of content coming out faster, but with each expansion that add more abilities and levels, and stat bloat.

Shit is just going to pile on faster and faster if they don't find a decent solution.

I'm curious if people would buy an expansion that didn't raise the level cap.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They would have to add new races or a new class. This is the only time they can get away with not doing it due to the new models.

Personally, I'd like to see Blizzard's take on the job system of FFXIV with a little more strict guidelines. Something like, 'ok one alt is a 90 warlock one alt is a 90 rogue -- you can switch ONE character to a demon hunter.' and have that be its own class with its own rules. But that would require adding a whole ton of stuff, and the way I'd want it would be that you then have to level that class to 90. A proper 'hero' class. 90 monk and 90 warrior make Blademaster. 90 priest(or shaman) and 90 hunter make shadow priest. etc etc. But I'd want a much more strict system where it's like once you do that you can't NOT be that anymore on that character

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Blizzard should hire me. This should be level 100 Monk talent 'form'

Asura's_Wrath_SS_9.jpg

Khezu

So basically they want to charge for raid tiers then. Not surprised at this point.

I would imagine they would still add new zones, they just wouldn't be used for leveling.

Something like timeless isles or isle of thunder, but on a much larger scale.
Add new content for all faucets of the game.

Dawg

It would be stupid since most people I know only come back for the expansion BECAUSE of the leveling experience. The new dungeons, raids, quests, gear etc help as well but everyone enjoys leveling their main characters again.

JCizzle

Blizzard should hire me. This should be level 100 Monk talent 'form'

I think they need to do something more with Monk art. Give me a glyph that makes my fists glow with chi power (kinda similar to what happens during lust/time warp) since I barely ever get to see my weapons ever. For fist weapons anyways, at least staves stick on your back *upside down* >.>

Speaking of gold I've made over 10k this week since Tuesday which is pretty good. Getting close to 150k here. Will have to figure out what big ticket item I want eventually, but I might try and hit the cap, or at least 500k first.

Aylinato

Speaking of gold I've made over 10k this week since Tuesday which is pretty good. Getting close to 150k here. Will have to figure out what big ticket item I want eventually, but I might try and hit the cap, or at least 500k first.

Lol I'll never have that much, I spend it on so many different things.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't need no stinking addon help. I've got years of leveling experience. I pretty much know the quickest routes through everything at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom