• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

The BE Paladin quests were pretty gross. First you had to desecrate Uther's grave (what the hell?) and then slaughter some guys in the church inside Stratholme. Not to mention that they took the power of the Light by force (OR DID THEY?) in the first place, BE paladins were pretty bad guys.

Though Lady Liadrin did eventually visit A'dal in Shattrath to kiss and make up. Now the power comes from the revived Sunwell. (Amazing how many BE roleplayers don't know that's revived, by the way...)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The BE Paladin quests were pretty gross. First you had to desecrate Uther's grave (what the hell?) and then slaughter some guys in the church inside Stratholme. Not to mention that they took the power of the Light by force (OR DID THEY?) in the first place, BE paladins were pretty bad guys.

Though Lady Liadrin did eventually visit A'dal in Shattrath to kiss and make up. Now the power comes from the revived Sunwell. (Amazing how many BE roleplayers don't know that's revived, by the way...)

The BE pallys were pretty mad. They hated Uther becase they see Arthas' failings as his failings. Dat scapegoat.

Khezu

White trillium ore doesn't exist, it is a myth, all of the ore that is on the AH was put their by Blizzard themselves.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
White trillium ore doesn't exist, it is a myth, all of the ore that is on the AH was put their by Blizzard themselves.

Plant snakeroots on your farm. Each of them will give you either 1 White Trillium Ore or 1 Black Trillium Ore, so that's 16 Black or White Trillium Ores per day per character. If you have many lvl 90 alts that can do it, this can become a gold mine for you.

Boogdud

Exactly. On our battle group or whatever it is, you can easily wait 45 mins as a dps whereas tanks and healers are pretty much instant.

It's well over an hour in my group. Typically an hour and fifteen minutes or so. Good times. Fun to grind secrets and all the other RNG bs for the cloak.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If it wasn't for cloak, I don't think I'd ever set foot in an lfr anymore. it's less painful to just grind out burdens and go do flex.

Supposed to do flex 3 with the guild tonight. We'll see if I get invited. I know they like to keep it under 15 for the 10 man mechanics.

The actually captured a Naru and drained its power like leechers some of them were on the bottom pit of the paladin room completely druged also dont forget you have to kill a fellow BE paladin to learn resurrection too.

Berordn

The actually captured a Naru and drained its power like leechers some of them were on the bottom pit of the paladin room completely druged also dont forget you have to kill a fellow BE paladin to learn resurrection too.

They've long since repented for that, but it ought to make for an interesting sidestory in WoD.

Robin64

Aye, Mu'ru. Though it did transpire that Mu'ru was willing and knew it would lead to the redemption of the Blood Elves. Because, let's face it, if a Naaru really didn't want to be captured...

Man I want to get my Lock to 90 so I can start working on cloak, etc. since I've been finding him a lot more fun than my Ele Shaman but I don't know if I can bear (har har) leveling in Pandaria again without rested XP. Especially when I know the extra hours it will take without being rested I know I could be farming gold, or doing archaeology, whatever.

Got him his celestial cloth and imperial silk recipes though so he's started on making those and will have a bunch by the time I'll have the rep on him to unlock the bag and leg enchant recipes.

But I definitely think I want to get a cloak on this Lock. Doubt I can be bothered to do it all a third (or more) times unless just casually if this expac really does drag on.

Aylinato

Aye, Mu'ru. Though it did transpire that Mu'ru was willing and knew it would lead to the redemption of the Blood Elves. Because, let's face it, if a Naaru really didn't want to be captured...

I always wonder about BEs and them being able to use the light. Makes me wonder if the "light" is even for good. BEs are pretty evil(paladins anyway). So is the scarlet crusade, do we not get to vote the evil paladins out? I really wish we could vote the evil paladins out.

Berordn

I always wonder about BEs and them being able to use the light. Makes me wonder if the "light" is even for good. BEs are pretty evil(paladins anyway). So is the scarlet crusade, do we not get to vote the evil paladins out? I really wish we could vote the evil paladins out.

"The Light" is not an inherently good force. Everything that uses it in some way is shown to have a very, very sinister side. Priests use it for healing and soothing through mind control but also have a tendency to bend people to their will using shadow magic from the same sources. Paladins can be evil but still blessed by the light, and the Naruu - the only known creatures of pure light (who may very well be the origin of The Light in the first place) have a life cycle that consists of turning into void creatures and consuming all that they come across, which may be against their will own will.

Aylinato

"The Light" is not an inherently good force. Everything that uses it in some way is shown to have a very, very sinister side. Priests use it for healing and soothing through mind control but also have a tendency to bend people to their will using shadow magic from the same sources. Paladins can be evil but still blessed by the light, and the Naruu - the only known creatures of pure light (who may very well be the origin of The Light in the first place) have a life cycle that consists of turning into void creatures and consuming all that they come across, which may be against their will own will.

I feel like that's more lazy writing than any attempt to actually build lore around the light. I'm not saying your writing was lazy, you did good, I'm saying Metzen and co need to learn to write better lore that they don't recon every chance that the previous lore stated otherwise.

It made sense that Taurens are paladins. I just..BEs learned how to resurrect someone by killing someone. I mean come on.

I also have a problem with scarlet crusader still being paladin too! there really should be better attempts at making characters fall out of "grace" of their power source because of their choices. Like their actions have no consequences essentially.

Fjordson

Sadly I'm the same. Well now anyway. Before on my server there was only 16 people so no one to sell to. But since the merge happened there is a viable AH again. Any tips? Do we have any gold making experts here?
There was only 16 people on your server before the mergers? Good god.

Aylinato

I think they should expand on why nat pagle is an alcoholic. He's such a mystery that is not getting expanded really. He deserves more focus.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Towelie did a level 1 raid on my server
wowscrnshot_021014_18yns4g.jpg

wowscrnshot_021014_18gvciy.jpg

wowscrnshot_021014_19h6uqy.jpg

wowscrnshot_021014_1923uc8.jpg

Note, there's about 4 times as many level 1 orcs running in a line. The server just can't display them all at once. It's constantly phasing.

I just did 86-87 on the Lock solely through pet battles/quests because fuck tha police. And Valley of the Four Winds sucks after the first time, even though I did Krasarang for a little bit. The XP is pretty good, but it sucks having to heal after every battle. Really need the pets at 25 so I can battle wherever and just crush through them.

Ugh our raid leader wants us to start where our Tuesday raid left off (Blackfuse) to spend most of the time on Garrosh, and then spend all of Friday on Garrosh. Already sick of the fight. Finally killed it in flex at least.

Khezu

Maybe I'm alone, but I find warglavies to be straight hideous looking.

I would give anything for just a normal steel version of them, like Nelf NPC's have.

As well as a bunch other Nelf weapons that Blizzard won't let players have, like the star swords, and the circle blade that Maiev has.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I run with a regular Flex group that ranges from 11-13, usually.

People have it in their head that anything over 14 activates ultra hard, 25 man complete 200million health heroic edition. My current guild that has some normal progression raiders doesn't do over 14 which, to me, you could probably have the progression people that are already in the raid carry through the 25 man mechanics(which don't even all roll out past 14 players, just some) that way you can get more people geared quicker for normal.

But that's just me.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.

I would give anything for just a normal steel version of them, like Nelf NPC's have.

As well as a bunch other Nelf weapons that Blizzard won't let players have, like the star swords, and the circle blade that Maiev has.

Or a Tauren totem!

Oh, forgot to update:

Mount #202 - Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent.

Just got it from Huolon tonight. I'm dangerously low to being completely done with solo-able mounts. I'll have to really start considering farming the Emperor Shaohao rep. How quick does that go in a farming group?

Just that, the camel in Uldum, and the Blue Drake from Malygos and I'm pretty much out of solo-able mounts. Aside from those there's expensive ones to buy (the engineering ones that go for 80k+ gold, grand yak) and....that might be it. I could probably work on some of the Cata dungeon meta achievements for the volcanic drake, too. I'd imagine there's some of those I could solo with some work.

Coen

I've got a Pandaren mage at level 90 and I'm thinking about resubbing. Haven't played since three months after Mists of Pandaria launched. Could you guys recommend me some guides on how to get my character up to raiding quality? I'd like to read up on the end-game possibilities these days, before taking the plunge.

Make that 86-88 solely on pet battles. The XP is pretty fucking good. Bit tedious, but if you don't want to do anything else you can zone out and watch a movie or something during the process. 88-89 has gotta be the worst level though. So close yet so far away.

And yeah, the more I look at it, the better I like the Azure Drake. Magnificent mount.

Robin64

Levelling pets themselves is so damn so slow, especially if you only take part in pet battles as a side activity when nobody else is on to play with. Seems you need to dedicate as much time to it as you do to the "main" game.

The Glaives are pretty nice if you have both, otherwise they look kinda silly. And Maiev's weapon is called an Umbra Cresecent, and they were exceedingly rare in Night Elf society (she may have had the only one in fact).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That shouldn't mean you couldn't put it in the game if that's what you're implying. The glaives are in the game, and they're the only ones in existence, lore-wise.

Levelling pets themselves is so damn so slow, especially if you only take part in pet battles as a side activity when nobody else is on to play with. Seems you need to dedicate as much time to it as you do to the "main" game.

TBH if you really got into it it's probably worse than Archaeology in terms of tedium. Maybe a little more exciting since you get a bit more variety, but still.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think i'm falling back into the hunting mounts just for the sake of hunting them trap when i'm not doing raid/lfr.

I should really hold off until I get more money/professions leveled though. But I've been trying to get the Razasshi Raptor(just do my warlock and hunter because they're the easiest to do it on. I could do it on my main but it can get rough on the ice pulls)

That shouldn't mean you couldn't put it in the game if that's what you're implying. The glaives are in the game, and they're the only ones in existence, lore-wise.

It's more that Maiev hasn't made an appearance as a boss, and randomly implementing a weapon only she used doesn't make a lot of sense. Illidan's Glaives were put in because they were iconic and they wanted people to use the weapons he used after defeating him.

CassSept

It's more that Maiev hasn't made an appearance as a boss, and randomly implementing a weapon only she used doesn't make a lot of sense. Illidan's Glaives were put in because they were iconic and they wanted people to use the weapons he used after defeating him.

I'm pretty sure Umbra Crescents were used by regular watchers too, only Maiev was the most famous of them all.

I'm pretty sure Umbra Crescents were used by regular watchers too, only Maiev was the most famous of them all.

I actually just checked and you're correct, which is weird since in the books other watchers still use the standard Night Elf Glaives (as well as throwing knives and some other random gadgets). Also apparently Umbra Crescents are an Archeology item in the game, which is silly.

mclem

Gorehowl.

Kuntz

Hahaha, just realized yesterday I tanked heroic instances without boots/shoulders because I added my character on openraid and forgot to equip them back...

It went well...

TheYanger

Only your first set of pets is slow to level. It felt so tedious and awful getting that first group to 25, but once your'e there you can run a pet 1-25 in like an hour or less. It's kind of absurd. That said, you can definitely put a lot of time into it. Before Aftermath disbanded, our shaman was the number 1 on the server in wowprogress pet rankings, and like top 20 US and she was doing that stuff on a constant basis. Something like 300 or more level 25 pets.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hate how I can only make 1 Living Steel per day on my alchemist... Sure, there is the Riddle, or whatever its called, but 3 Spirit of Harmony is alot to ask for.

Hate how I can only make 1 Living Steel per day on my alchemist... Sure, there is the Riddle, or whatever its called, but 3 Spirit of Harmony is alot to ask for.

Well with enchanting as my second profession, I never really had a use for them besides Living Steel (returns on the trade goods are mediocre), so I just pop them out whenever with all the excess Spirits I get from raid bags or just general killing.

mclem

If they do some timeline shenanigans they can actually somehow explain Malchezaan posessing Gorehowl with Warlords of Draenor, but I should stop giving them too much credit.

Except that Malchezzar's not from the timeline where WoD happened.

Well, probably.

StMeph

I'm invited to a Flex raid that's already downed Malkorok; I'm there for the Spoils kill, and then it disbands after wiping a few times on Thok.

If I start my own Flex3 raid by continuing the instance, does it start on Malk, since I haven't kill him, or Thok, because that's where the raid was at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom