• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not, you just drag them onto the bar in place of another ability, you can't replace most of the abilities on the bar since most of them are pet commands. You don't need to put anything else on there, and again most of em you can just leave on autocast.

It doesn't like me drag them though since they're considered passive in the spellbook.

Khezu

Are you looking in your spell book, or your pets?

I think they are in both, but they're considered passive for the player. I can't check right now though.

I just always made macros for their abilities.

Wubby

My server merge is bringing people back.

Two more people from my old guild have come back now. Our old main tank is coming back too but he's going to wait for WoD to drop.

It's too bad they couldn't have done these merges (and Flex!) back at the end of Wrath when everything went downhill.

Now to pester other old guildies on facebook to comeback.

What horde race should I make my mage? I was thinking gobbo.

If I was to make a new one it would be Goblin. Mine is Undead still cause I'm too cheap to pay for a race change. Hopefully Blizz has another half off race change week again.

Man Garrosh is so frustrating, and it's intentionally designed to be that way. You have to go through 7-8 minutes of easy shit before reaching the hard part that is much more hectic and takes practice. So you get maybe 1 or 2 minutes of practice at most for each ~15 minute attempt.

The issue my current guild has is the latter part of phase 2 with the empowered whirling corruptions. Some add or two always ends up empowered and either kills someone, or takes too long to kill, resulting in a lot of lost boss DPS. There also seem to be some healing issues around the second or third empowered whirling corruption if we make it that far. Only pushed it to P3 once tonight, but with something like 7 people dead already. If we can get there consistently, zerging him down with the second lust should happen sooner or later. MCs don't seem to be much of an issue unless there's adds still up.

But we probably had at least 4 or 5 pulls (about half) comprised early on by this dumbass ret pally who kept dying to the iron star in P1. He was removed from the raid and then gquit (that's right gquit, not booted) right after which was kind of hilarious but not undeserved. I mean some people you just can't help and if they weed themselves out, I suppose that's fine.

Rokam

Don't really understand how you can be in a raiding guild that has gotten to Garrosh and get hit by an Iron Star. The first time maybe just because of the animation not being as big as the hitbox... but still come on.

Berordn

Don't really understand how you can be in a raiding guild that has gotten to Garrosh and get hit by an Iron Star. The first time maybe just because of the animation not being as big as the hitbox... but still come on.

Something something tunnel vision something something carried.

Something something tunnel vision something something carried.

Guy was getting carried mostly, which isn't hard in 25s to sneak by with for awhile. An applicant. He was pretty much always bottom on the DPS as well doing something like 160k or worse at 557 iLevel (when most everyone else is pulling at least 200k+ on average) so something was clearly wrong in more than one place. I don't know if he hadn't had much raid experience or what, but he probably would have been let go soon enough anyway for the subpar DPS, let alone raid awareness, if he hadn't quit himself. Coulda been a clicker for all I know.

Valentine's Day screwed our raiding schedule so we're raiding on Saturday instead of today and starting on Garrosh. I hate how much more unforgiving 10 man is compared to 25 but we aren't large enough for a 25 man raid.

mclem

I was hit by plenty of them. As a tank, there's a clear learning process to find the sweetspot such that the star misses you but hits the adds you're tanking. That might not be noticeable to a DPS.

Rokam

I was hit by plenty of them. As a tank, there's a clear learning process to find the sweetspot such that the star misses you but hits the adds you're tanking. That might not be noticeable to a DPS.

Well yeah, but as a dps come on. Better safe than sorry.

In other news 37-78 in a day, would have been 85 but friend had to log. I love those elixirs!

Just got exalted with the Black Prince and I'll be starting to collect those 3k valor points next week and got my 40x trillium ores done yesterday as well

And still a long way to go :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

That's what I said

Giggzy

How many weeks of LFR will it take to get my iLvL up to 530+ and what iLvL do people require for flex raids? I just hit 90 a week ago and did all timeless isle gear. I've completed ToT LFR and started SoO last night. I've gone from 460 iLvL to 508 in that period, so I've made some good progress.

What all should I be doing I guess is what my question is. I've been out for awhile so I don't know what's important to do. When I play I just farm on timeless isle while queuing for LFR but I'm sure there's other things I can be doing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah right? called the bank and said to me the card cant be use to online stuff.

Guess WoW have to wait a little longer

Are you Canadian, by chance? I know some canucks that have similar problems, but down here in God's country debit cards usually work for anything you would use a credit card for.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How many weeks of LFR will it take to get my iLvL up to 530+ and what iLvL do people require for flex raids? I just hit 90 a week ago and did all timeless isle gear. I've completed ToT LFR and started SoO last night. I've gone from 460 iLvL to 508 in that period, so I've made some good progress.

What all should I be doing I guess is what my question is. I've been out for awhile so I don't know what's important to do. When I play I just farm on timeless isle while queuing for LFR but I'm sure there's other things I can be doing.

I would tell you to try getting the legendary cape since that alone is ilvl 600, and it also unlock the path to get to Ordos, which is very easy to kill and drops 559 gear.

Also, kill the Celestials every week for a chance at 553 T16 pants and gloves.

Because otherwise, LFR SoO gear is only 528 and can be upgraded to 536. Which means without the cape, Ordos and the Celestials(and assuming you don't do the other versions of SoO), getting over 530 item lvl is going to take you a long time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Woo. Got my tier helmet from flex. Technically I had a 540 helm already, but this gives me the 2 piece bonus

(2) Set: Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm increases the damage of Tiger Palm by 40%. Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick increases the damage of Blackout Kick by 40%.

Was also thinking about race changing my male orc to something else. maybe a female orc or female troll, but idk yet.

Berordn

Was also thinking about race changing my male orc to something else. maybe a female orc or female troll, but idk yet.

But Male Orc wins most improved when the new models roll out by default, just cause he was *that* bad.

There's no hope for Male Human. None whatsoever.

Giggzy

I would tell you to try getting the legendary cape since that alone is ilvl 600, and it also unlock the path to get to Ordos, which is very easy to kill and drops 559 gear.

Also, kill the Celestials every week for a chance at 553 T16 pants and gloves.

Because otherwise, LFR SoO gear is only 528 and can be upgraded to 536. Which means without the cape, Ordos and the Celestials(and assuming you don't do the other versions of SoO), getting over 530 item lvl is going to take you a long time.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was worth the time going for the cape this late into the expansion, but if it is I'll start that tonight.

I'll also do the celestials. Is there a prerequisite I need to do that? Or is it just a matter of joining a group.

What iLvL do I need to start being invited to flex raids? What about guilds doing normal raids? It seems every guild I see looking for new raiding members wants 540 minimum

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But Male Orc wins most improved when the new models roll out by default, just cause he was *that* bad.

There's no hope for Male Human. None whatsoever.

No way, dude. Male Orcs probably aged the best of the old models that you can visibly see. I guess you could say undead, but that's just because who can ever see anything on them? They're so tiny.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was worth the time going for the cape this late into the expansion, but if it is I'll start that tonight.

I'll also do the celestials. Is there a prerequisite I need to do that? Or is it just a matter of joining a group.

What iLvL do I need to start being invited to flex raids? What about guilds doing normal raids? It seems every guild I see looking for new raiding members wants 540 minimum

There is no prerequisite for the Celestials. Just head to Timeless Isle and if you see your faction fighting one of them, join the fight, You don't even need to be in a group to get loot.

Can't tell you for the rest... I didn't even bother with flex raids of raiding guilds in this expansion.

For the celestials just stand there until someone starts fighting it then hit it; it counts as a tag and even if you die you'll get credit for the kill.

Salamando

For Flex, you're at the mercy of the community. Wing 1 is balanced around 510 or something like that, but people don't want balanced...they want steamroll. I've seen pugs require 530 for Flex 1 before. If you get in a guild and join their flex runs, you'll be fine in the 515-520 range.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
For Flex, you're at the mercy of the community. Wing 1 is balanced around 510 or something like that, but people don't want balanced...they want steamroll. I've seen pugs require 530 for Flex 1 before. If you get in a guild and join their flex runs, you'll be fine in the 515-520 range.

Yeah, 530+ isn't uncommon as a req for flex 1, but it's still not that hard to find more reasonable ones like 515+. Either way you are going to need to slog through some LFR shit for a few weeks to get your item level up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just go on openraid and search 'flex beginner'

I went from male orc to female panda. Is there a bigger jump in all of WoW? tbh female pandas look tougher than the majority of female races and some of the male ones though.

Giggzy

There is no prerequisite for the Celestials. Just head to Timeless Isle and if you see your faction fighting one of them, join the fight, You don't even need to be in a group to get loot.

Can't tell you for the rest... I didn't even bother with flex raids of raiding guilds in this expansion.

Well, shit. I didn't know you didn't even need to be in a group! That makes that part much easier. Hopefully RNG favors me.

Berordn

No way, dude. Male Orcs probably aged the best of the old models that you can visibly see. I guess you could say undead, but that's just because who can ever see anything on them? They're so tiny.

His lips are teeth.

meorc_facelvuxa.jpg

THE LIPS ARE TEETH

Salamando

For some reason the group decided to raid tonight. I might not have plans, but raiding on valentine's day just seems wrong...especially when the raiders with spouses (healer, tank, a dps) won't be there either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone on Horde-side that's pretty well geared able to help me out in Ulduar in a couple of minutes? I'm soloing the first couple of bosses on 10 man but I want to switch to 25 on Algalon and 25 man Hard Mode Iron Council.

Trying to get the constellation dagger.

edit: got someone

LFR Immerseus Trinket on Lock get! Didn't even have to coin that shit.

Still needs a weapon pretty badly though. Hopefully I get stuff off Ordos next week. But we'll see what else I get on him in LFR tomorrow or Sunday.

Ultratech

LFR Immerseus Trinket on Lock get! Didn't even have to coin that shit.

Still needs a weapon pretty badly though. Hopefully I get stuff off Ordos next week. But we'll see what else I get on him in LFR tomorrow or Sunday.

Nice!

I just FINALLY managed to get a weapon for my Guardian Druid yesterday. Got that staff off Immerseus.

Should help out quite a bit consider he was still lugging around an upgraded staff from Heroic Dungeons.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've got fist of the deity, fist of molten fury, and the talon of a'lar

What other radtacular fist weapons am I missing? I know i want the little fan hand from ToT. I don't like the spinning blade fist weapons

Salamando

What other radtacular fist weapons am I missing? I know i want the little fan hand from ToT. I don't like the spinning blade fist weapons

Lobstmourse (Claw fist weapon)
Theldurin's Fist (Spiky Boxing Gloves)
the BladeFist
Claw of the Watcher (if you like tentacles)

When I get home I'll check through my bank but I'll add the one from Stonecore to that list. I've always really liked it and the coloring may work better with some transmit sets than those you listed. I always felt fist weapons were the best fit for my enhance shaman so I've collected a number of them.

Flex 3/4 cleared. One shot everything. Only got tier pants off Paragons which I don't really need. I suppose for my half-ass tank set. Might just be a sha crystal though. Unfortunately no Thok trinket or even helm.

Interesting thing I've noticed about heirlooms though is that he seems to drop about 5 every week (in a 25-man), so although it's personal, something like a 20% chance to get one on any given kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom