• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

I know it's not a lot, but anyone have patch notes?

Copied and pasted.

Classes

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Talents
Heart of the Wild now provides the following benefits from PvP Power when activated.
Restoration Druids now receive 50% of their PvP Power applied towards damage while the ability is active (down from 100%).
Feral and Balance Druids now receive 100% of their PvP Power applied towards healing while the ability is active (down from 120%).
Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Talents
Nerve Strike now causes a successful Kidney Shot or Cheap Shot to also reduce the damage dealt by player targets by 25% (down from 50% for player targets). No changes to the talent when used against non-player targets.
Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Demonology
Felguard Legion Strike and Wrathguard Mortal Cleave now reduces the effectiveness of any healing received for 6 seconds (up from 5 seconds) so the pet can maintain the effect without Haste.
Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
General
Disrupting Shout and Pummel now both share a 15-second cooldown when either ability is used. Disrupting Shout 40-second cooldown remains unchanged but the ability will be unavailable for 15 seconds after using Pummel.

Creatures

Celestials now drop Season 15 Prideful Gladiator gear in place of Season 14 Grievous Gladiator gear.
Rare spawns in Krasarang Wilds now award Honor Points only when they are defeated for the first time each day.
NPC guards around PvP vendors on the Serpent's Spine have been upgraded to have more health and deal more damage.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
Siege of Orgrimmar

Garrosh Hellscream and Minions of Y'Shaarj now have less health on 10-player Heroic difficulty.
Unstable Iron Stars now triggered when 4 or more players are together (up from 3 players) on 10-player Heroic difficulty.

PvP

Season 15 has begun! With the start of the new season, Prideful Gladiator gear, and weapons are now available for purchase.
Season 14 Grievous Gladiator gear and weapons can now be purchased using Honor Points instead of Conquest Points.
Base Resilience for level-90 players is now 77% (up from 72%). Base Resilience for players below level 90 remain at 40%.
Resilience Diminishing Returns curve for Resilience has been adjusted for the new base resilience value to maintain the same value per point of Resilience as previously.
Battle Fatigue now reduces healing received while in PvP combat by 60% (up from 55%).
Gladiator’s Distinction, the set bonus for wearing two PvP trinkets, now grants 5280 Resilience (up from 2600).

Battlegrounds and Arenas

Arenas
For the 2v2 Arena bracket, Dampening is now applied to the match starting at the 5 minute mark (down from 10 minutes).
For 3v3 and 5v5 Arena brackets, there is no change. Dampening will continue to be applied at the 10 minute mark.
Alterac Valley
The following NPCs now have more health and deal more damage.
Alliance: Vanndar Stormpike, Balinda Stonehearth, Stormpike Defenders, Stormpike Bowman, and all Marshals.
Horde: Captain Galvangar, Drek'thar, Frostwolf Guardian, Frostwolf Bowman, and all Warmasters.
The following NPCs are now immune to disarm, daze, and Death Grip.
Alliance: Vanndar Stormpike, Balinda Stonehearth
Horde: Captain Galvangar, Drek'thar
Terrain outside of Frostwolf Keep has been modified to prevent players from jumping over the walls.

Items

The following items sold by Mistweaver Ai on the Timeless Isle have been raised to item level 489 (up from item level 476). This change is retroactive to all items that had been purchased previously.
Cloudscorcher Greatstaff
Contemplation of Shaohao
Daylight Protectorate
Featherdraw Longbow
Hozen Can Opener
Ordon Sacrificial Dagger
Pandaren Peace Offering
Scavenged Pandaren Dagger
Shield of the Eternal Noon
Yak-Herder's Longstaff

UI

BattleTag™ or Real ID friends are now only able to send 10 chat messages every 10 seconds over Battle.net® chat. User Interface Add-Ons should use the new send function and receive events to send communications information.

Isle of Thunder

Resolved a bug where walls on the Isle of Thunder may incorrectly revert to an earlier progression stage.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Bizazedo

Copied and pasted.

Thanks Robin.

Wow, new PvP season starts immediately, no 2 week cooldown?

lol those mounts are gonna be in the game for a looooong time. Up until the new ones came out, you still got the one from Cataclysm at 100 RBG wins.

Yep, and since only the character who learns the mount can use the mount, it'll be worthwhile to do the 100 wins again for multiple seasons. Plus you can use the saddle for either PvP mount, so it could theoretically last a long time for multiple seasons.

That being said, I hope they add new ones.

Robin64

Also

av01.jpg

Now it's almost as good as having a bridge with a large drop in front of two easy-to-aggro towers!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
They should just leave AV and IOC alone. It's the only way for Alliance to get honor points anymore. Horde win everything else.

Bizazedo

They should just leave AV and IOC alone. It's the only way for Alliance to get honor points anymore. Horde win everything else.

Untrue, I lost a Kotmogu to Alliance last night. I was pissed.

Almost lost a second BG, too, an Arathi, but luckily once my guildmate started shouting directions, the other Horde players listened and we rightsized that shit and 5-capped.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Untrue, I lost a Kotmogu to Alliance last night. I was pissed.

Almost lost a second BG, too, an Arathi, but luckily once my guildmate started shouting directions, the other Horde players listened and we rightsized that shit and 5-capped.

I mean, 9/10 is still.

Pretty much round that up.

I'd like to see the numbers on only MoP BGs.

MMO-Champ has them for overall, but it's become an even wider disparity since the last time they tracked it.

But I feel like it's only gotten bad since MoP, and everyones stats from pre-5.0 are making it appear more even.

(I think the big factor is they added the official Brazilian client halfway through Cata, and all of them are Alliance. Alliance sucks ass because Brazilians are terrible at this game.)

I seriously abandoned Alliance because of how bad the pvp scene is on that side now. Most people who know anything about pvp went H-Tich, and everyone else who just pvps casually went horde to stop losing.

So either casually for fun BG with friends like I like to do sometimes or super-try-hard Arenas/RBGs are all DEAD alliance side.

Bizazedo

Eh.

Biased comment incoming.

Horde was better at PvP even back in vanilla, despite OP Paladins. They just had better racials overall / were viewed as more tough, etc. That and a lot of the hardcore PvP guilds at the time knew there'd be more Alliance than Horde and didn't want to be part of the "zerg" (prior to battlegrounds, remember).

Then Alliance who wanted PvP slowly migrated to the winning side instead of just getting better / organized.

Elaborate sigh goes here.

Robin64

Sixty bucks? Fuck me sideways. Well I guess outside of the free one, we don't need to worry too much about too many people at top level without knowing what they're doing. ;P

Entropia

No One Remembers
I think it's a fair price for what you get.

I can see this being popular in the hardcore raiding guilds who want min/maxed raid comps.

StMeph

I thought I read somewhere that they wanted to keep pricing competitive because they knew that, by offering the service, it would spur people to buy extra accounts/expansions anyway to get free 90s. But $60 is more than the entire WoD expansion costs, much less a pre-order. Was really expecting something like $30-40.

Tamanon

Banned
I dunno, it seems high, but also seems like a pretty fair price considering the time investment involved. Don't want it too cheap to be flooded with 90s who don't know anything.

Berordn

If 60$ isn't worth 100 hours of your time....

And if you enjoy leveling, it's irrelevant to you anyhow.

It's significantly less than 100 hours to level a new toon.

And I'm just saying maybe because it isn't even announced as available for purchase yet, that may not even be the final price. I've no interest in buying one anyway.

JCizzle

I thought I read somewhere that they wanted to keep pricing competitive because they knew that, by offering the service, it would spur people to buy extra accounts/expansions anyway to get free 90s. But $60 is more than the entire WoD expansion costs, much less a pre-order. Was really expecting something like $30-40.

You need to take into account either the monthly upkeep of a new account or the account transfer to get the character on your primary account. I think the costs would be approximately the same.

---

Also, it's almost 2pm EST and no beta or release date announced yet. Blizz plz

PatDH

I think $60 is a good price.

Hit 85 on my first character last night with 7 minutes to go before the server went down. Pretty keen for work to finish so I can jump back into it. Only 10 hours to go lol.

Ehhh. $60 too rich for me, but I can see it being a fair price for some. $40 or so would be the sweet spot though.

Depends on how much you value your time vs. money. Takes roughly 2.5-3 days /played to go 1-90 with heirlooms (no RAF or elixirs).

Personally I wouldn't do it for that price when I could have 4 months of subscription, for example, but if you have disposable income it's not absolutely horrible.

fuzzyset

It's significantly less than 100 hours to level a new toon.

And I'm just saying maybe because it isn't even announced as available for purchase yet, that may not even be the final price. I've no interest in buying one anyway.

The power-leveling add-on Zygor lists 'under 4days' (96 hours) as their benchmark if you follow their directions. I haven't leveling 1-90 straight so I dunno, but that's where I got that from.

I have some toons >60 that would be nice to level their professions to 600. That alone is worth the 60$ imo.

Robin64

Oh no, someone made a thread on Gaming side about the price. WoW threads over there never go well.

The more I think on it, the more I think the price is worth it for boosting professions to 600 more than the level to 90. Get a toon to 60 (which takes, what, a couple of days now?), pick a couple of profs, boost to 90 and get the 600 skill.

Well, the cost would be WoD + Account Transfer, which is like $65. So a discount of $5.

Basically worthless and if this goes live I expect Blizzard to reduce it pretty quickly.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
the good old why fix the game when you can charge people $60 instead mentality

Yo, it's a decade old game. At this point saying fuck it let people pay for what they want makes perfect sense. I guarantee you there are people in here who have spent hundreds on transfers and mounts..

Guys - Ordos dropped a neck for my Lock!

Only replacing the ultra rare burdened timeless neck :/

And that's two coins down this week already with only gold. Guess I shouldn't expect too much.

Sad thing is Ordos and Celestials have no usable gear for my DK at this point so no point in even doing them on him.

JCizzle

Oh no, someone made a thread on Gaming side about the price. WoW threads over there never go well.

The more I think on it, the more I think the price is worth it for boosting professions to 600 more than the level to 90. Get a toon to 60 (which takes, what, a couple of days now?), pick a couple of profs, boost to 90 and get the 600 skill.

Oh shit, totally didn't consider professions. I wish they streamlined them like BS, mining and herbs, but it's very tempting.

Khezu

Outlands sucks, but they shouldn't waste time on revamping it.

Instead they should create a solo scenario, it starts at you arriving through the dark portal and goes through a abridged version of all the events of TBC. You do a scenario for each zone, and then you finish off by doing the BT and fighting Illidan.

Gets you from 60-70 in about 2 hours.

JCizzle

Yo, it's a decade old game. At this point saying fuck it let people pay for what they want makes perfect sense. I guarantee you there are people in here who have spent hundreds on transfers and mounts..

I um would um never have done anything like that, nope definitely not me.

Ok you got me.

Shahadan

I fully expect WoD to have some catch up quest for professions like pandaria did with cooking anyway. Unless Blizz thought in the meantime they could use the profession boost to push players to pay $60 :p

Berordn

With WoD, is it only character models and not world environments that are getting an overhaul?

All we know of is the characters, most of the world is apparently too baked in to modify easily and replace it with the higher quality assets we see in Pandaria and WoD's garrisons so far.

Mogwai

All we know of is the characters, most of the world is apparently too baked in to modify easily and replace it with the higher quality assets we see in Pandaria and WoD's garrisons so far.

Dang it, I almost got my hopes up. Would be awesome to see some of the old areas with a bit more polish. But of course, the old areas are dead anyway.

When comparing the $60 cost shouldn't it be compared to WoD plus the base game? Because you couldn't just buy a second copy of WoD to link to your existing account so you'd have to start a fresh account, right?

So the $60 WoD match the $40 + $20 in that case.

Doesn't matter to me since I hadn't put any thought into paying for a level 90. But I agree that around $30 seems more reasonable in just a time vs money way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom