• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salamando

There's something so very wrong with this. I can pay money to experience MOP endgame/Warlords on a different character....or I can spend the same amount and try an entirely different game.

If warlords is as alt unfriendly as Mists was, no way I'd think of doing this.

Bizazedo

There's something so very wrong with this. I can pay money to experience MOP endgame/Warlords on a different character....or I can spend the same amount and try an entirely different game.

Mists is the most friendly it's ever been to alts?

When comparing the $60 cost shouldn't it be compared to WoD plus the base game? Because you couldn't just buy a second copy of WoD to link to your existing account so you'd have to start a fresh account, right?

So the $60 WoD match the $40 + $20 in that case.

Doesn't matter to me since I hadn't put any thought into paying for a level 90. But I agree that around $30 seems more reasonable in just a time vs money way.

I would've bought a few at $30 (mainly to get characters on other servers/factions), but probably won't buy any at $60. Will wait for a sale because it will happen at some point.

Salamando

Mists is the most friendly it's ever been to alts?

Currently, yes. Timeless Isle had a lot to do with that. At launch, things were terrible. The best recipes for various professions were locked behind reps. Some reps required other reps to even be unlocked. And boy, did we have a lot of reps to work on. Not to mention things like farms...Spirits of Harmony being soulbound...and the legendary questline. Sure, the legendary questline may be "optional", but you were always worse off than someone who actually did it.

Touchdown

Banned

Being that you'd be able to buy at least one alt to lvl 90, I wouldn't consider it that unfriendly. XD

Salamando

I'd actually argue that there are no real profession essentials.

Bracer enchants, weapon enchants, tailoring bag, blacksmithing belt buckle, whole lot of 476 gear (at launch, these weren't bad to have). All locked behind reps.

Cooking was a bit of a grind too. To learn the new feasts required mastery of all six of the ways.

I'd actually argue that there are no real profession essentials.

I had to do one rep faction for the enchanments weapons, one for the 420 gear I think (before timeless island), another one for specific enchanments.

Thank god the cape tailoring is locked in WotK recipes.

Shahadan

I'm absolutely for the alt unfriendliness at launch of an expansion regarding craft and things like that. It's fair.
The boost of rep xp on alts we had once exalted is a solution that suits me, even if it's one patch later.

And yes I have a lot of alts.

Bracer enchants, weapon enchants, tailoring bag, blacksmithing belt buckle, whole lot of 476 gear (at launch, these weren't bad to have). All locked behind reps.

Cooking was a bit of a grind too. To learn the new feasts required mastery of all six of the ways.

Good thing the feasts are worthless outside of a 25-40 man environment. Cooking is so fucked this expansion.

The noodle carts are actually a great and scalable idea, but they probably shouldn't have been introduced so late and with so many requirements.

So far the only use I have for noodle carts is to turn all these useless mad brewer's breakfast I get from Nomi into something I can sell/use.

The cost of making them is prohibitive otherwise, you're almost always better off making the individual 300 stat foods for 1-15 man activities.

Fjordson

Good thing the feasts are worthless outside of a 25-40 man environment. Cooking is so fucked this expansion.
Yeah, I never use the noodle carts or feasts. The noodle carts are a pretty neat idea, but the cost to make them is crazy. I just make individual 275 and 300 food really.

Wubby

So it's not just my RAF mount i cant use, but all the pets i bought. Awesome.

I'm wondering if those pets will be reset back to level 1 since they got lost. I hope they get restored to lvl25 if they were leveled beforehand but I don't think I'll hold my breath.

Berordn

I'm wondering if those pets will be reset back to level 1 since they got lost. I hope they get restored to lvl25 if they were leveled beforehand but I don't think I'll hold my breath.

My cinder kitten was restored in the exact state he was in prior to the patch. I wouldn't worry. Got my RAF mounts back too.

Salamando

My guild must have some of the stupidest raiding rules in existence...

Take raid invites. Accepted means you're expected to be there. Tentative or Decline means we expect you won't be there, and you have to explain to the raid leader why you didn't give early enough notice to not be invited in the first place. If you don't respond, well, they still assume you'll be there.

Start times...if the raid invite says 8:30, you're expected to be online at 8:15. Come 8:16, you're penalized, but the raid leader won't start trying to replace you until 8:20.

The one I learned today: if you want to stop raiding, you're expected to give three week notice. Hell with that.

Seriously, if our raids actually had this same level of discipline, maybe we'd be progressing instead of going back to wiping for hours on Heroic Protectors and Heroic Galakras.

Got Warforged Bracers of Blind Hatred (BiS, not Heroic though) today. Which is pretty nice. Replacing non-optimal, un-upgraded bracers.

Only normal SoO (non-warforged at least) upgrades I have left are off Thok (coin or regular drops tomorrow pls). At least for 2H.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, I can say I've killed 2 normal mode bosses now. I wasn't THAT far behind on dps, and I got new boots.

Only thing left for me in LFR now is a trinket. Preferably from siegecrafter. There's cleave ones, but I really don't want that. 538 now. Then cloak questline. Urg.

sqwarlock

Went 5/6 on Celestials loot today:

Warlock got prideful cloak/tier pants
Rogue got gold/prideful ring
Pally got double gold :(
DK got gold/tier gloves
Priest got gold/tier pants
Hunter got tier gloves/prideful ring

All my RNG luck got taken up from those drops though, since flex 3&4 didn't drop anything for my hunter, and I'm sitting at 7 runestones with only 4 bosses left to go this week.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
My guild must have some of the stupidest raiding rules in existence...

Take raid invites. Accepted means you're expected to be there. Tentative or Decline means we expect you won't be there, and you have to explain to the raid leader why you didn't give early enough notice to not be invited in the first place. If you don't respond, well, they still assume you'll be there.

Start times...if the raid invite says 8:30, you're expected to be online at 8:15. Come 8:16, you're penalized, but the raid leader won't start trying to replace you until 8:20.

The one I learned today: if you want to stop raiding, you're expected to give three week notice. Hell with that.

Seriously, if our raids actually had this same level of discipline, maybe we'd be progressing instead of going back to wiping for hours on Heroic Protectors and Heroic Galakras.

In my experience the more control-freakish the raid leader is, the less likely you are to progress. My most effective raiding has always been people who just know what theyre doing but still have fun and dont take it that serious.

Salamando

In my experience the more control-freakish the raid leader is, the less likely you are to progress. My most effective raiding has always been people who just know what theyre doing but still have fun and dont take it that serious.

It isn't the raid leader. It's the guild leader. All these rules were crafted by her, and the raid leader carries them out, even though the guild leader doesn't run in our raid. That still surprises me...the raid leader doesn't have the freedom to run the run as he feels will work best.

And the raid leaders are another issue entirely. They're just not very good at leading. If we wipe, they'll get damn mad and start saying crap like "stop being bad...play better...this is not how heroic raiders raid" while failing to give feedback that'd help. Nor will they replace people if they're just not pulling their weight.

Take all of that, plus some old-fashioned SOO fatigue, and I'm not raiding till Warlords. I'll work on my Steam backlog in the meantime.

darksagus

Finally got the Fiery Warhorse tonight after years of killing Attumen. So happy, now it's just Kael and Anzu, and then Stonecore, then Vortex Pinnacle....ICC25H..Yogg-Saron....it never ends.

It isn't the raid leader. It's the guild leader. All these rules were crafted by her, and the raid leader carries them out, even though the guild leader doesn't run in our raid. That still surprises me...the raid leader doesn't have the freedom to run the run as he feels will work best.

And the raid leaders are another issue entirely. They're just not very good at leading. If we wipe, they'll get damn mad and start saying crap like "stop being bad...play better...this is not how heroic raiders raid" while failing to give feedback that'd help. Nor will they replace people if they're just not pulling their weight.

Take all of that, plus some old-fashioned SOO fatigue, and I'm not raiding till Warlords. I'll work on my Steam backlog in the meantime.

Reminds me of vanilla raiding...except that was 40 people and a nightmare. Your guild structure sounds terrible though. If you're not having any fun... there's no point.

My guild is 10/14H and we mainly joke/fuck around most of the time.

Went 11/14 tonight with no wipes for oncre. Had time to try Blackfuse but nobody likes the trash so we decided to wait. Problem is our raid leader is going to be gone when we normally raid again on Friday, so we rescheduled it to Monday but I'm not sure if everyone can make it.

Wubby

Ugh maintenance again? This is two nights in a row I haven't been able to play now. A lot of downtime for such a minor patch.

Wubby

Never mind my server is back up

Edit: Maybe not. Can't create any new instances. Also still don't have my store bought pets back yet

Bizazedo

Legendary Cloak.

Daily-locked rep-grinds for profession essentials.

Soulbound Spirits of Harmony.

To name a few.

Compared to Wrath and Cata at least, worse by a mile.

Legendary quest I'll definitely give you....but it's a Legendary. Soooo.....

I'll give you soulbound spirits of harmony. Kind of. It's not hard to grind on level 90 mobs and have them drop.

Rep-grind has been a joke for months. I have a level 66 monk who's Exalted with every MoP faction except Celestials and a Warlock not far behind at 64.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

I mean, there isn't really a difference if its the GM or RL. If anything it's even worse that the GM is making rules when they don't even lead.

Let me guess, they're always telling you thats how top end guilds or the "#1 guild on your server" does it?

That's not how they do it. They raid more relaxed than anyone, theyre just better.

Fuck me. I've been subbed (on a monthly recurring) since Sept, and haven't logged in once. There goes $75.

If you put in a ticket and ask, they will see that and MAY credit it back to your account going forward.

I'll give you soulbound spirits of harmony. Kind of. It's not hard to grind on level 90 mobs and have them drop.

Rep-grind has been a joke for months. I have a level 66 monk who's Exalted with every MoP faction except Celestials and a Warlock not far behind at 64.

Wait, what? How are you getting MoP rep with level 60s?

MoP is the hardest its been for alts since BC, end of story. Cata had the ZG/ZA dungeons for catchup, and then it had the Hour of Twilight heroics where you could be raid-ready in 2-3 hours after hitting 85. I literally hit 85, did those dungeons, and then did 3-4th dps on the Dragon Soul raid that night with an alt. You can't do that in MoP. You have to go through some LFR and get lucky first.

Robin64

Played an AV last night as Horde and won. We won! Oh what a feeling.

Wait, what? How are you getting MoP rep with level 60s?

I noticed that I would get 300 bonus Golden Lotus rep for doing a random Northrend dungeon (at 71), so I guess that's how.

Tamanon

Banned
You can champion a MoP rep if you at least know it at lower levels, but just once per week in a dungeon. Usually if you get your hearth set to the Shrine you can champion at least Golden Lotus and August Celetsials.

Beyond that, I think the rep tokens dropped by Warbringers and Scouts can be used sub-90. Or they could be.

The soulbound spirits is bullshit.

ANd the rep grind might be a joke now, but it wasn't at launch. How do you have your characters rep that high when they aren't even in pandaria? Tokens? Those weren't in the game at mists' launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom